Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Star Wars Battlefront 3 Finally Announced

Mr. Changeling

(edited)

So, i'm starting to get a little creeped out now. 

I recently fished Battlefront 1&2 out of my gaming pile, and went through all the Galactic Conquests with my friend for nostalgia purposes, and for an amazing quality game...

Now...

The next day, one of my other friends updates his facebook status about playing Battlefront 2 all day...

And now this. 

Who put cameras in my room?!

Seriously though I cannot wait for this...there are no words to express how I feel about a new battlefront game, even if it's just a remake of Battlefront 1! They're an incredible game and I have been waiting so long to play something new from it...

Expectations from me would have to be an improved galactic conquest from the second one. I like the purchase and upgrade options, and the map was nice - but with the new technology? Bigger - better - more. Also, improved AI is a given, that should just happen anyway. 

As for that, just remake BF 2 with the Dune Sea from BF 1 and i'll love you forever.

Edited by Agent505
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

I only gotten to play a little from both games at a friend's house, and even then I know that the battlefronts are pretty awesome. I'm even more excited that DICE will be handling it, as I am a big DICE fan. 

Edited by Retro✮Derpy

I heard that the Battlefront games are pretty damn amazing. I even love that EA put DICE in charge of Battlefront, so I hope not to find DLC for a special lightsaber or for us to pay for more attributes and other equipment.

• Brohoof 1

I have been waiting for so long for a Battlefront 3 and am really excited about this. :D

I only ever played Battlefront 2, but I have been playing that game for years and it is still very fun. I'm hoping that this game just surpasses all expectations.

Who put cameras in my room?!

Do you happen to have an Xbox One + Kinect?

Now, again, this is just awesome <3 Love this new thing! But... What will it tell? BFII was really conclusive. I guess they'll do a Kojima: To say it'll be the last game and then release another.

OMG SO MUCH NOSTALGIA!

Dude I played the crap outta battlefront two back when I was younger, and I played a good bit of battlefront 1 aswell. 

I am totally pumped for this, I have to get this, is this coming out for Xbox360/PS3, or is this next gen though? Just curious. 

I really wanna get this though, man I spent so much time playing battlefront 2, but I really wanted them to come out with a new one, and been wanting them to, and now its coming true! FINALLY. 

Um, I'm not sure what I want, I haven't played battlefront 2 in a while(but I might get my PS2 out to play it sometime now) so i forget alot of things I wanted. All I know is I want some story, maybe even a unique one, and I definitely think it needs space battles, aswell as I think it needs to have air vehicles that maybe can go into space battles?(Would be a cool concept.)

Maybe some type of main hub or something for the conquest, I want some cool stuff for galactic conquest added, some new items and stuff, new planets maybe idk.

Heroes/Villains need to be in it to, aswell as the Heroes vs Villians mode. And the mode with different races(I forget what that is, might be heroes vs villains also I forget.) like with the Wampa's on Hoth, ect stuff like that, maybe even have them playable as a team on other maps in free battles.

Also I've always kinda wanted to have the ability to have heroes or villains in space, atleast maybe in free battles, dunno why but I've always wanted to kinda duel on a hanger xD.

Oh and the AI needs to be better then the Battle front 2 one, I think at times it got kinda easy, but maybe thats just from playing it so much lol. But yeah atleast an option for some harder AI then that one capped at. I'm sure that won't be hard to get though.

Also some new classes maybe? Maybe even new classes for the other race battle thing(Forget what its called still), but I think a new class or two is a must.

Also I'd like maybe some customization of the classes maybe even, customization is always something I enjoy, even if its just cosmetic or even weapons or something. 

I hope they still have the medal things, I enjoyed having a whole ton of those after playing so long xD.

Um... And it just needs to live up to Battlefront 2 and be even more awesome. Some new stuff, idk new planets and battlegrounds, maybe multiple ones on planets. New heroes and Villains, just awesome stuff I'm not a game designer darnit!

I do want to get this game though, I'm pretty pumped, I'm thinking I might have to get out my PS2 and play some Battlefront 2 now.

(edited)

BATTLEFRONT 2 FOR XBOX WAS MAH GAME!!!!

Like, I don't think you understand.  It was MY GAME.  That was the only thing I needed for 2 years.  But then some jerk borrowed it from me and then never gave the freakin' disc back.

So I will definitely be getting the new Battlefront as soon as I scrape together enough cash.  My requirements hopes and dreams are as follows:

• It must have a live multiplayer.
  • It must have the Conquest game mode.
  • The game needs to have even more worlds than the previous.
  • This one still needs to have the heroes option, as well as the ability to play as both bad guys and good guys from all eras.
  • Same essential combat system (With possible addition of melee)
  • Bigger maps
  • I could care less about the graphics but we'll just throw in "awesome quality art" for the heck of it.

Also:  

Edited by Rainbow Skywalker

• 1 month later...

I have 150$ waiting for this game.

Can't wait, SWBF 1 and 2 were my childhood, I still play them occasionally once and awhile.

Though something worries me, from all the gameplay, it just seems there is no thirdperson - firstperson toggle.

Too bad I can hardly find a picture on google that isn't from the other numerous attempts on BF3. :/

Anyone else excited? I know I am. lol

• Brohoof 2

In answer to your question hell yeah! One of the best games of my childhood! I'm mainly excited to see what new features this game will bring to the francise and also how DICE go about making this game.

*goes off into another nostalia trip*

Edit: It NEEDS to be PEGI:12. Why? It doesn't need to be any higher since its Star Wars and enough games are given high ratings. Also little kids need to see how awesome Battlefront is.

Edited by squareyes

Is the game only going to be on Xbox One and PS4? I can understand why its not on Wii U (because EA making terrible Publishing decisions). I love BF2, its the game that made my like shooters. since Dice is making it I don't think 3rd person will be a thing

I'm very excited. At least we will have a BF3 now! Lucas Arts was just spitting on the good name of Star Wars. They were awesome at one point, but then they stopped caring about quality.

A Star Wars: Battlefront game made by DICE? Count me in!  Hopefully it feels unique and not just like a Battlefield game with a Star Wars skin painted over.

From the looks of it, it might be, some actually call it Star Wars: Battlefeild

untitled-2.jpg?w=650&h=365&crop=1#038;h=

Don't know if this is from Dice, because Star Wars: First Assault (I think thats the name) is coming out to see if it gets any buys, so then BF3 will come out.

But I think it will because its star wars

I am personally worried for this game. Becouse it seems like EA will mess this up, we have not seen a battlefront game in a long time and EA have a sort of bad reputation (in my area at least, for only being interested in money and charging too much for dlc and such). It is some hope that they will leave dice to do what they can but still. 

(back to being crazy) 

:muffins:

Edited by a crazy pony

I am personally worried for this game. Becouse it seems like EA will mess this up, we have not seen a battlefront game in a long time and EA have a sort of bad reputation (in my area at least, for only being interested in money and charging too much for dlc and such). It is some hope that they will leave dice to do what they can but still. 

(back to being crazy) 

:muffins:

I would bet money that Disney auctioned off the rights to Star Wars video games. EA put the most money down to get the Star Wars name. If anything, their marketing is going to be terrible and they are going to have a PR nightmare when some feature is added to the game that with a bit of common sense could be prevented (IDK like needing Gold/Plus to play the game in single player)

• Brohoof 1

I would bet money that Disney auctioned off the rights to Star Wars video games. EA put the most money down to get the Star Wars name. If anything, their marketing is going to be terrible and they are going to have a PR nightmare when some feature is added to the game that with a bit of common sense could be prevented (IDK like needing Gold/Plus to play the game in single player)

lawl that is excactly what some gaming journalists said will probably be done XD nice excample but maybe in multiplayer we will see something like that but lets have a little bit of hope for this game no matter we will love she living hay out of EA

I LOVE Battlefront! I had the second one as a birthday present when I was 6-8 and played the shit out of that on my PS2, I Got the first one about a year ago and Played the shit out of that too... 

And now a new one is coming out! Battlefront III! But they're calling it just battlefront and said it was going to be a sort of "Reboot" to the Series...  EA has a bad reputation and there Directing the Game I think, Good thing DICE is Developing it though. 

Knowing EA we'll probably need some sort of Online pass or Premium Membership to play Online...

Edited by Nye1254

I LOVE Battlefront! I had the second one as a birthday present when I was 6-8 and played the shit out of that on my PS2, I Got the first one about a year ago and Played the shit out of that too... 

And now a new one is coming out! Battlefront III! But they're calling it just battlefront and said it was going to be a sort of "Reboot" to the Series...  EA has a bad reputation and there Directing the Game I think, Good thing DICE is Developing it though. 

Knowing EA we'll probably need some sort of Online pass or Premium Membership to play Online...

I used to play Battlefront 1 with my brother on half days/ delayed school days before we went to school.

Battlefront 2 I never really played as much as Battlefront 1, but I still played the crap out of it.

I would pay for premium without a doubt.

I think the game would be so good, you'd want to get premium lol

From what I hear, Disney is not in the games.

I think Lucas Arts gave DICE the rights of the game and Disney won't interfere with Star Wars Battlefront (hopefully)

I used to play Battlefront 1 with my brother on half days/ delayed school days before we went to school.

Battlefront 2 I never really played as much as Battlefront 1, but I still played the crap out of it.

I would pay for premium without a doubt.

I think the game would be so good, you'd want to get premium lol

From what I hear, Disney is not in the games.

I think Lucas Arts gave DICE the rights of the game and Disney won't interfere with Star Wars Battlefront (hopefully)

EA bought the rights to make star wars games from Disney after Lucas Arts was disbanded by Disney. EA gave DICE the job of making the star wars battlefront game.