Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Star Wars Battlefront 3 Finally Announced

Mr. Changeling

EA bought the rights to make star wars games from Disney after Lucas Arts was disbanded by Disney. EA gave DICE the job of making the star wars battlefront game.

Phew  :yay: .

I almost imagined what Battlefront would be like if it was by Disney.

Oh the horrors, the horrors! It'd be like rated E and would have nothing to do with Star Wars, probably would have other Disney Characters in the game too lol

Dirty Dan, same as you, my childhood also consisted of these two games. I had Battlefront on PC and Battlefront 2 on the PS2. I simply loved those games because they were like Battlefield, but with star wars.

I was pretty gutted when I found out they cancelled Battlefront 3 (way back, before it got restarted just now by DICE). The only thing they can do wrong is change it too much. They should really keep the first and third person toggle as well as the general feel of the controls. I don't want it to be a complete Battlefield clone but looking from that screenshots it looks a lot like they took Battlefield 3 and changed a couple of things.

Also, thank the lord it's no owned by Disney....the horror..

Edited by The Awesome One

Dirty Dan, same as you, my childhood also consisted of these two games. I had Battlefront on PC and Battlefront 2 on the PS2. I simply loved those games because they were like Battlefield, but with star wars.

I was pretty gutted when I found out they cancelled Battlefront 3 (way back, before it got restarted just now by DICE). The only thing they can do wrong is change it too much. They should really keep the first and third person toggle as well as the general feel of the controls. I don't want it to be a complete Battlefield clone but looking from that screenshots it looks a lot like they took Battlefield 3 and changed a couple of things.

Also, thank the lord it's no owned by Disney....the horror..

Oh its owned by Disney, the game is just not being made by Disney. It doesn't matter who makes the game Disney still owns it. EA is just the distributor, and DICE is just the studio.  

I am sooo pumped for this game, i loved star wars battle front 2, played the crap out of it as a kid, and played a good bit of star wars battlefront 1.

I hope things go well with Battlefront 3. Then again being the star wars fan I am idk how easy it'll be to screw up for me :P.

Hopefully its as awesome as i want it to be :D.

Battlefront 2 was (and still is) SO addicting, especially the Assault mode for the Mos Eisley map.

P.S.- Who else loves Mace's and Palpatine's Shockwave Stomps and the cheap Force Pull + lightsaber combo (my cousins and I used to use that one against each other all the time, LOL)?

How exactly does using special units work? That's Darth Vader, Han Solo, Luke Skywalker etc...

Is it like COD? You have to get a certain amount of kills/points and then you may use that particular unit but there can only be one of them at time...or what if you could just have Darth Vaders all over the place : 3

I guess I'm actually excited for the Star Wars Battlefront 3, since EA might be giving DICE a chance to take control of the game to see what they can do. I hope.

my-little-pony-friendship-is-magic-brony

This is just so freaking awesome!!! I've been waiting for a sequel for Battlefront 2 since I was a kid. It's been what, almost 10 years now? Oh this is just too perfect! And Dice is making it? I can't see this being anything but flipping amazing!!!!!!

• 1 year later...

Shame on whoever let this thread necro. Have them flogged immediately.

Anyway, bumping with trailer, and my own thoughts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3BctD4dOMQ

Now; some people are saying that EA has butchered the game. DICE's current feature list includes:

(List retrieved from Kung Fu Cthulhu on the game's KYM page)

• Online gameplay requires a minimum of 8 players but can go as high as 40 in skywalker assault mode.
• Built mainly for multiplayer
• single player mode-called battlefront missions
• split screen for co-op
• costumes and props were modeled after the actual items in Lucasfilm archives
• Dolby Atmos sound-(128 separate tracks relative to where your character is in the game)
• X-Wing, Tie Fighter’s, and other air vehicles will not leave the planet surface [He means atmosphere] but will include dog fights
• No space battles at all
• There will be more than 8 maps at launch
• AT-AT’s will be usable, but it will be on rails
• AT-ST’s are fully drivable
• Class system has been dropped in favor of a Renegade Squadron style create-a-class, or something very similar to it
• Rocket launchers are pick-ups
• You will be able to switch between 1st and 3rd person view modes
• There will be an unlock or progression system of some kind
• Battlefront Missions will support bots, and are tailored for co-op or solo play
• Split screen will not work for online modes
• One of the modes is called “Walker Assault”, it is 20 vs 20 with the objective of attacking or defending Imperial Walkers
• So far, Y-Wings seem to only appear in scripted objective events, I.E. Destroying an enemy AT-AT
• How a player gets to play as a Hero will vary depending on the game mode they are playing
• Only 4 planets have been confirmed for launch so far (Tatooine, Hoth, Endor, and Sullust; Jakku is confirmed as DLC), however a few articles hint that there may be more
• There will be more than 1 map per planet with varying map sizes, however these maps will not take place in the same location
• Destructibility in the environments are limited, we will not be seeing Battlefield levels of destruction in Battlefront
• There is no ammo system, instead weapons will overheat.
• Nothing is being “held back” for DLC
• DICE is hoping that they will be able to work on more Battlefront games in the future

Now, to me, this feature list doesn't sound bad at all, but I do have a few comments.

1. Galactic Conquest wasn't mentioned. This doesn't mean that it can't be in the game, but I wouldn't hold my breath. DICE is a multiplayer developer, I wouldn't expect them to branch out into designing a single player light strategy mode just for this one game.

2. "Missions mode" doesn't sound like what I want in my Battlefront. While I don't need a full single player campaign, I at least want to be able to play instant action on any map. The botmatches were incredibly fun in BF1 & 2, but missions, by the sound of it, is some sort of scripted, objective-based mode. This is far less replayable than IA was.

3. The lack of space combat actually doesn't bother me at all. DICE has confirmed atmospheric dogfights, and I actually prefer these. While space battles were fun in Battlefront 2, I always preferred just dogfighting on Bespin: Platforms from BF1. And the less said about Elite Squadron, the better.

4. AT-ATs are on rails. This, I have a problem with. Driving the AT-AT was one of the best things about Hoth/Rhen Var in the originals. Putting them on rails just sucks the fun out of it.

5. Battlefront was designed like no other shooter on the market. It was intended to replicate the feel of the movies, not for its own style. Even balance was occasionally sent to the dogs in the spirit of keeping it true to the movies. This doesn't sound like the philosophy of DICE. This new game looks like it's borrowing heavily from the Halo games, mixed in with a bit of Battlefield and Call of Duty. Rank-and-file rebel soldiers didn't have deployable shields or Jetpacks during the battle of Endor. Spartans have them in Halo, but Rebels didn't have them in Return of the Jedi. This is not authentic.

6. Ten maps (counting the free Jakku maps) is fine, but DICE says there are going to be even more than that, so we'll have to see.

7. The lack of Clone Wars kinda bothers me, but I can live with it. The GCW is the more interesting era anyway, and I suspect they're going to be including Force Awakens content as well.

8. Heroes are back. Fuck yes.

Overall, the game looks very good. I just hope there's enough content to justify shelling out the cash for a PS Plus subscription to play the thing online.

Edited by Mand'alor Dash