• Xbox
    • PS3
    • Xbox 360
    • Wii
    • Xbox One
    • PS4
    • WiiU
    • Other

Wow, not even bothering listing the Colecovision, Intelllivision, or Atari 2600?  I feel old. 

First game I remember playing was Smurfs: Rescue at Gargamel's Castle for the Colecovision.

• Brohoof 2

My first console was the NES. I have some of the best memories with that console Zelda, Mario Bros 1,2,&3, Mike Tyson's Punchout, Duckhunt, and tons of obscure games that I don't remember the names of. I had the NES all the way until the PS2 was out and then I only got a PS1. To me the Atari 2600 & NES>All other consoles. Now I have an Xbox360 that use only to watch Netflix and so I have a DVD player. I don't like any of the games that have been coming out for the consoles so I haven't had a reason to play games on it.

• Brohoof 1

The first console I played was the Mega Drive(Genesis for America). I could never beat Sonic.... I always kept dying at the end of the Marble Zone....

The first console I owned was the PS1. Sadly it broke after it stopped reading discs correctly.

• Brohoof 1

Wow, not even bothering listing the Colecovision, Intelllivision, or Atari 2600?  I feel old. 

First game I remember playing was Smurfs: Rescue at Gargamel's Castle for the Colecovision.

Even though those consoles are older than me, I still had the same thought when I saw the poll.

In some ways I wish I still had the NES, but I have a Retro Duo so I'm good there.

• Brohoof 1

Technically, my first game console was my parent's SNES. The only games they owned on it that I was allowed to play was Super Mario World and Mario Kart, both pretty awesome games regardless.

The first console that I actually owned myself was the Gameboy Colour and soon after, the Nintendo 64. I loved my gameboy colour, I still have all the games for it and I recently bought a refurbished AGS-101 model GBA SP to play all my old games again. My old pokemon team is still alive thanks to the magic of the mega memory card; young me was smart in that regard.

• Brohoof 1

Even though I was three at the time, I chose the N64 because of the memories I have of watching my mom play Banjo-Kazooie and Galaga on the Namco Museum.

Other than that, the first console I really played was the PS2 with (oddly enough) the Mega Man Anniversary Edition.

• Brohoof 1

I am pretty sure it was a PS2 actually, although it may have been my Sega Gensis(Which I lost or something anyways) or my N64(pretty sure n64 came after my first)

I actually played some random PS1 games on my PS2 aswell, although I was really young when I had it all and stuff so yeah, I still have my N64 and Ps2 actually, they're just not plugged up to my TV right now. I played a good bit on each, my Ps2 I played alot of star wars battlefront II from what I remember. I can't really remember any other really memorable ones, that ones the most memorable really. My n64 I played alot of pokemon Stadium 1 and 2 aswell as some hey you pikachu and stuff, and a few other little games, like space invaders :P.

I haven't lived long enough really for the age of the SNES or NES, i'm only 16. I liked my first consoles though, haven't played them in a bit honestly though.

• Brohoof 1

The first game console I eer officially owned was a GameBoy advance SP. I still have it. It brings back so many memories. Although it doesn't work very well. There are also a few games I've lost ;-; I need to find ROMs for them

• Brohoof 2

My first console was an NES, and I still have it and I still plug it in and play it sometimes...I remember beating SUper Mario Bros 3 once. onit. I've also played Super MarioBros 1 and 2, Blades of Steel, Batman the video game, Double Dragon II, Kung Fu, Duck hunt, Adventures of Kirby,oshi's cookie and a few other games.

I've also got the original box for it still, with a R.O.B. the Robot in it....he still works too, but I don't have a tube TV so I can't use him to play my Gyromite game.

• Brohoof 1

The Nintendo 64! My very first console game was Bomberman Hero, and I vaguely remember first playing it too, so good. Also got Banjo Kazooie that day too, and ended up building up a pretty good library too. I ended up selling most of the games though... I fucking miss those games. :(

• Brohoof 1

Atari 2600. This thing has been in my family forever. Though the first 'truly' my console was this cheap chinese NES knockoff:

Pegasus_2.jpg

• Brohoof 1

My first console was a PSX.Used to play the crap outta that thing.I mostly played Crash on that thing,but I also remember playing Gex and a couple of the Final Fantasy games a few times.But mostly Crash,because Warped was (and still is) the best Crash Bandicoot game ever.

• Brohoof 1

I still remember those early 90's when all we could afford was the NES, not that I played it a lot to begin with. No, the first console that I properly enjoyed was the PSone. All of those afternoons wasted playing Final Fantasy, nearly brings a tear to my eyes.

The NES is what cemented that drive for games in me, so it gets my respect fot that.

The first gaming console I got was the N64, I still have it and it's in mint condition. I got it while I was at the hospital, back when I was rather young I got really, really sick. I got it because I had been at the hospital for a long time so it was to make me feel better. It did make me feel better, I really loved it.

It was an NES and the first game I ever beat was Zelda 2. My dad and older sister were heavy gamers when I was a kid. The one I have the most memories of though is the SNES. Still git that thing and love it! So many RPG's that'll never get old.

Nintedo 64 (64 Ultra) at the Age of 2years old :3

Though you are missing some consoles that many a folk had.
Atari series? Coleco, intellivision? Stuff some of our older member had when they were kids :P
(RCA Studio II)

Ahh, I remember the good old days. Playing super smash bros melee and mario kart double dash. Those were the days. And also playing bionicles the video game. Does any body else remember that game, or bionicles in general.

• 10 months later...

The first game system I ever had was the good ol' NES. My favorite was the SMB1/Duck Hunt/World Class Track Meet cart. We had the power set (or whatever it was called) that came with GREY zappers and the power pad. I own almost every console on that list and even a few not listed, but the NES will always be my favorite.

Man, the PS2 was the sh*t back then and still is! I played games like Medal of Honor: Vanguard and Medal of Honor: Rising Sun on that thing. Then a time came where I wanted an Xbox 360, so I sold my new PS2, then old one didn't work anymore, and bought a 360. I still have the 360. I want to get a PS2 just so that I can play those games again. Good times.