Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you think there will be a Mayor still in Season 4?

Sugardashjack

Hi,

So I was browsing MLP forums today and thought, there isn't a Mayor where the other Princess's live.

So if Princess Twilight Sparkle stays in Ponyville, will there even be a mayor?

I know the Mayor isn't a "huge" part of the story, but whatever

If they get rid of Mayor Mare I will actually find them and do unspeakable horrors. angry.png

I mean, I would be pretty upset.

But I don't think that they'll get rid of her. I don't know how prevalent she's been in Season Three since I haven't watched it past the fifth episode or so, but she's treated like a novelty character. Getting rid of her would be pointless, there's no reason to.

Personally I wish she had a larger role. Mayor Mare is best character.

• Brohoof 1

I don't think there will be a purpose in getting rid of her but, she definitely does matter as a mayor. She might definitely have a major role.

(edited)

Ponyville is a town, not a Castle-town. And if we consider "Twilight Sparkle and the Chrystal Heart Spell" as Canon, we know that even Cadence was not immediatly a princess "in execution" when she became an alicorn. Twilight still has to learn. And even in towns with Castles in medieval europe, there were nearly always mayors, too, if you find that this comparison fits. So why should she leave?

And something tells me Twilight won't "rule" Ponyville anyway one day.

Edited by StatesTheOblivious

(edited)

Wouldn't really bother me. We all know she's hoarding Ponyville's tax money along with AJ's previous contest winnings and planning to move the the crystal empire anyway. Right?....Right??

She might definitely have a major role.

If you punned and said 'mayor role' I'd have brohoofed you so hard.

laugh.png

Edited by Bucky_McGillycuddy

(edited)

Just because they haven't said there was a mayor of Canterlot doesn't mean that there isn't one, they just haven't revealed that mayor of Canterlot because the story hasn't called for it yet because only a few episodes have taken place in Canterlot. Though there is some degree of overlap with issues such as taxes and certain regulations and ordinances Celestia and to a lesser extent Luna deals with issues which mayors do not like foreign affairs for example which would make it difficult for any of them to be a decent mayor. With that in mind it is very unlikely that Mayor Mare will be forced to abdicate her responsibilities as mayor in the likely event that Twilight stays in Ponyville.

Edited by EarthbendingProdigy
  • Brohoof 1

I think it all depends upon what exactly Twilights duties as Princess entails. if she doesn't have total dominion over Ponyville or something, then I doubt they'll remove mayor mare, although she isn't a huge character or anything, she doesn't really show up actually as far as I know in S3 I don't think, but I might be forgetting a time, regardless I still don't really know since I'm not totally sure what Twilights duties as Princess will be, until I know that I don't think I can really know if mayor mare would stick around, although if Twilight becomes Princess of Ponyville basically, then I assume that means that mayor mare would no longer be needed, but who knows really.

We may not see her predominately as a role anyways in the show, regardless if she stays or not.

I don't think they will get rid of Mayor Mare. She is an important character as mayor of Ponyville. Also, I will be extremely angry if they get rid of Mayor Mare. Mayor Mare is a horribly underrated character and is one of my favorites. She deserves more recognition. She has a pretty and adorable look and she has glasses (One of my favorite design choices in characters). Also, who can not like her voice?

If they get rid of Mayor Mare I will actually find them and do unspeakable horrors. img-1549423-1-angry.png

I mean, I would be pretty upset.

But I don't think that they'll get rid of her. I don't know how prevalent she's been in Season Three since I haven't watched it past the fifth episode or so, but she's treated like a novelty character. Getting rid of her would be pointless, there's no reason to.

Personally I wish she had a larger role. Mayor Mare is best character.

Agreed.

• Brohoof 1

Elected public figure puppet (Mayor) who is there to smile and state things while a true leader is above the democratic system. (Princess Twilight)

Ponyville is like Iran in that respect.