Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Vexx3's Resignation

Vexx3

I am not a man of many words, so I will make this short and sweet.

It is not without reluctance that I hereby announce my resignation as a member of the MLP Forums moderating staff. For the past several months, I have been riding the aggressively undulating roller coaster that my life has become, oftentimes while not wearing a seatbelt. I won't bore you with details, but it has mostly revolved around finances, school, and my relationship with my father. While the last of those three things is fairly stable right now, the other two are threatening to once again attempt to buck me off the ride.

Consequently, my need to direct my focus towards these matters has never been greater. I have not been able to actively fulfill my duties as moderator for a couple of months now which makes me feel like dead weight. This has only served to pile on to the mountain of stress. Thus, I feel it would be beneficial for me to cut out all the distractions that I can.

All that said, I can't even put in to words just how proud I am to have been able to serve this incredible community for almost a whole year. If given the opportunity, I would gladly do it again. smile.png

On a final note, I just want to thank those who felt I was sane (or perhaps insane? :P ) enough to handle such an important role and I certainly hope to watch Poniverse grow and prosper into the finest pony network out there!

P.S. I may or may not continue to actively post. More than likely, it will be sporadic.

• Brohoof 53

(edited)

I never really got to talk to you, but I know you've done a lot for these forums. It's okay if you need to sort things out, that's life.

Thank you for everything you've done, even if I haven't been here for all of it.

Edited by Betez
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

Man, another resignation. I understand about your things, don't worry. Moderating such large forums indeed sounds stressful. Thanks for your efforts and time to make this community lovable, cuddle-able, and hug-able for us. :3

It's 00:47 in the morning here, and I don't think I can say so many words, so THANK THE BUCK OUT OF YOU! biggrin.png

Does that mean that you can do art request now? :3

Edited by Sky Warden
  • Brohoof 2

It's sad to see many people are leaving the staff lately, but it's good that in turn they are doing it to deal better with their life's hardships. I wish you luck in dealing with yours. Mostly, I'll miss seeing your works, your talent with graphics and art is unbelievable. I'll miss seeing your banners every once in a while, and seeing your glorious wallpapers.

I wish you could've been more involved with ETV, but life happens, as they say. It's been great having you on the Poniverse boat, Vexx. Farewell. :)

Oh, and thanks for making one of the best wallpapers of all time (featuring best pony, of course :P).

post-3885-0-03241500-1371059961_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 7

I just woke up, and apparently there's a sewage back up, so I can't take a much needed shower, and there's a permeating smell of shit throughout the apartment complex. The bath tub also got a bit of sewage in it, so I have to clean that too. No prophetic, bible-esque comments on resignation today :(

Anyway, it's always sad to see someone go, and good luck with getting your life stuff sorted out. You will be missed.

• Brohoof 4

Well, on the list of reasons one needs to leave the staff, personal life issues is the most cut and dry one that's probably the easiest for everyone to understand and move past. I dunno man, like Evilshy, I just woke up. I may not have backed up sewage but I am dieing in the heat here in my boxers, so I can hardly come up with the same level of feels as I did with Key. But, you'd probably prefer the same to-the-point approach that you're using, so.

You made pretty wallpapers. You were an excellent leader for Octavia's Hall, and have, to date, been about the only Octavia's Hall Mod we've ever had that actually lasted a really long time without leaving prematurely for whatever reason, as so many others did. Though I suppose akita is now going for that record, too.

Good luck with life, and I hope it allows you to maintain a presence here, as a member. While stepping down and returning to being a normal user is always understandable, no one likes to say good bye for good :3

Oh, don't mind me, I'm just going to make some wallpapers that put everypony else to shame. I mean, if that's okay with you...

fluttershy_by_raikoh14-d4ksfi1.jpg

• Brohoof 11

(edited)

Sorry to see you go. sad.png

Real life sucks pretty bad. I've been in that place before where real life had me by the throat so bad I couldn't think of anything else all day and I only looked forward to going to bed at night. It's no fun. I wish all the best to you!

Edited by Sky Chaser
  • Brohoof 4

Remember when I asked about the life expectancy of staff members? sad.png

I don't you very well, but I used to always see your name on the site's banner when I first joined. Back then, I had no idea why there was a "Vexx" there, and what that was supposed to mean. Later, I saw your name on the active users list, and I was like, "Oh, snap!" Ah, back when I was a total noob. Good times.

It still feels weird when someone who's been staff longer than you've been a member steps down. It was like a protective presence that had always been around, but suddenly disappeared. Hard to explain.

You know, MLP Forums is a great site. In addition to its (usually) friendly community, one of its defining features is a competent, friendly moderation team. Never once did I feel they dicked around or abused their powers (okay, maybe aside from April Fools' day). Yet, judging from all the work they do around here, it's  obviously a hard job that requires true dedication from those who love the site. It's easy to see how much passion and devotion goes into it. I'm sure you, Vexx, were just as passionate and devoted.

Alas, real life always comes first. We can't escape it even if we try. Best to face reality bravely and without distraction. I don't fault you for leaving. No one can. 

In the end it's still sad to see you go, Vexx. I'm sorry that I never got to know you, but I can tell you that your presence never went unfelt. Thanks again for your service, and good luck! smile.png

• Brohoof 6

Another resignation? It's a conspiracy I say, all jokes aside best of luck to you in everything as you try to sort what sounds like some very difficult issues out.

• Brohoof 1

I never got the chance to say goodbye! sad.png

All good things must come to an end but, your memory will live on in all of us and it will remind us that you were one of the most helpful staff members that we could ever have around here.

I know what it's like to have personal life issues and, we will always be there to help one another. So I wish you the best of luck, my friend. The forums will still be here to waiting here for your return. May your memory live on.

tumblr_lyuq8mDyaj1qc06oyo1_r3_500.gif

• Brohoof 1

Hello!

Well, these last few months have been quite... Surprising... We've seen quite a few people abandon their respected posts and ranks on the forums, but I didn't really expect to see even more people do the same... wacko.png

Of course, it is sad to see you go. You seemed like a very thight and a very quality person. You really did fit in well with the Moderator rank, doing an excellent job at it aswell! There's little else I can do, but to respect the work you have already done... :)

• Brohoof 2

You weren't one of the staff members that I interacted most with, but having been a hair away from the position you are now in, I understand that there's only so far that you should have to go. Good luck with whatever life throws your way and thank you for all the time that you've dedicated to this site.

• Brohoof 3

It always is sad to see a member of the moderator team step down, even if they don't fully leave, but I can understand, life can be a pain in the but sometimes, and take a whole heck of a lot of time sometimes, and moderating a large forum such as this one is no easy fast task.

While I honestly didn't get to know you that well, you will still be missed regardless, and I wish you good luck in your endeavors. Your time as a staff member is very much appreciated.

• Brohoof 2

Life is just... life.  

Good luck sorting out everything and I'm glad your not fully leaving the site,  Thank you for the time you put in to make this site a better place.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Again, I suspected this was going to happen to you eventually Vex as although I haven't talked with you lately as much as I would have liked, the impression that you were doing it tough had never completely left me despite how you said everything was ok. I know that what may seem like being ok one day can drastically change the next, and often without warning too.

I wish the best for you and your future endeavors and hope that you manage to find some stability in this world of chaos that we all live in. smile.png

PS: I'll never forget the Wallpaper you made for me so long ago that I still use to this very day. wink.png

http://fav.me/d55eaet

Edited by Dave247
  • Brohoof 1

Thanks for your service Tim, this most likely comes to you as a sense of relief now that you are no longer bound by forum duty but you were a good one.

You can focus on your own life now. No one has to feel sad just because you left the team. There are others that are very capable of compensating for your loss, but they'll remember your services for what they were rather than what they could have been. That's important for trying to move on.

• Brohoof 1

Sorry to see you go Vexx!  Don't know you that much myself, but I thank you for all of the service you've given to the forums and pray that things in your life get sorted out.  You were a big part of making these forums awesome as they are, and don't you forget it!  God's blessings with all your personal affairs Vexx, and once again, thank you for all the work you did as a moderator!  You shall be missed! sad.png

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Oh man, another member of the team resigning? Bummer. :o

Anyway, you were a good mod, didn't pay attention to everything you did but I'm sure you did a lot. Hope you can sort everything out! :)

PS: your wallpapers are the freakin' best, but you probably already knew that. ;)

Edited by SBB64
  • Brohoof 2

I know this is a little late, but if you still happen to see this Vexx, thank you for everything you have done. From the moment I became an Octavia's Hall mod, you have set an exceptional example for me to follow and emulate. I know we rarely got the chance to talk to each other, but nevertheless, please know that I hold you in great respect. You were a great team leader, and I will strive to maintain Octavia's Hall with the same dedication that you did for as long as I remain on the staff. smile.png

Till we work together again Vexx, please stay safe. mellow.png

• Brohoof 4

But-I-still-have-a-question-e12901190347

Well, 'tis a shame to see you go. You were one of my favorite moderators, like, ever. Yes, I know CD's going to kill me for saying that inb4 he says he's an admin, but you were pretty awesome.

At least you're still here.

• Brohoof 1

This in unsettling, so many resignations in recent times. What does this mean for the forums as a whole? I can honestly say that I'm disappointed to see you go.

We keep going, as always tongue.png Key and Zoop's leavings have been coming for months and months, and Vexx got hit by the life bus, something no one ever sees coming or can avoid. There is no apocalyptic pattern here, it's just a time in which more than one person has expired their ability to continue to be a volunteer, for one reason or another smile.png While losing some veterans is always too bad, it doesn't mean things will begin falling apart. On the contrary, it just ushers in a fresh generation of people to custom themselves with the leadership role.

After all, as Zoop has said himself, he and Key are old geezers who need to retire to the Admin Home for Senior Old People. Let the youngsters take over this mad house.

• Brohoof 7

(edited)

This forum just keeps changing.

After the start of S3, it just boomed. After S3 finished, it literally caught on fire. It got oversaturated but the admins kept everything under control.

And then the staff started cracking under pressure.

Scootacool, and now Zoop and Vexxy are retired.

We need some quality forumites to keep the forums as great as they are now.

EDIT: Speaking of quality forumites to recruit, hint hint ;)

Sad to see ya leave.

Edited by Четник
  • Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

Wow...gone for a while and we lose another great staffer and friend. I truly wish you well with schooling and finances and if there is anything I can do for you, just giv the word mate, and atleast one stunningly sexy Aussie will be at your disposal. Good luck my friend.

• Brohoof 2