Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming CONSOLE WAR: PlayStation 4 or Xbox One?

KonohaLegend

not sure if this has been said already, im too lazy to read the other posts above, but the ps4 is charging for internet, so im not buying either console and switching to PC this generation, or ill just skip this one and stick with wii u

I choose the Playstation 4 just because of personal preference, but I still think that the PC will eventually reach the point to be upgraded to something near the console specs. so i would probably sell my PS3 and get a processor, a better card and a few more gigas of RAM and i'm done, i can still play the future games that are coming out.

And thank Gaben we're getting discounts on Steam :3

One must really look at both sides before making a decision, and even then, it all comes down to personal preference.

The Xbox One offers quite a bit of exclusives, and I prefer the Xbox controller (Behind keyboard and mouse). With there being no option to turn off, it can start up quicker and get you in game faster, same reasoning with the 24/7 internet requirement. But the thing is, in my location weather plays a big role, so I may not have internet for weeks, and I do enjoy playing games on my gaming console. The camara requirement isn't a big deal, for you see, there is a thing called "Duck Tape" Not to mention that someone will probably make a "Fake" camera that can connect to the xbox and use the that as a loophole. Though I do like playing used games, as it is cheaper and if I want to borrow a game from a friend before I choose to buy it, I can. The only benefit I see out of it is that you are the type of person that doesn't like to share games. The Xbox One will also use Twitch.tv to livestream, to my dissapointment, because you will have to get a "Turbo" Subscription to play in HD. Also, it looks like a VCR case with a DVD player, kind of an eyesore. 

The Playstation 4 will be able to share games, no constant internet, and no camera required. I'm not sure what livestreaming service PS4 will use, but if it is directly from the PS4 I would be most happy. I'm going to go ahead and look into buying a PS4, simply because it will end up fitting my environment better, the specs are better, and it is cheaper. That, and it looks kinda like something from AC3 :S

(edited)

I'm going with the PlayStation 4 in this console war. Sony killed it at E3 and humiliated Microsoft, and I love the 'How to share games on PS4' commercial. Sony must be partying hard knowing that the console war is shifting in their favor. From what I can tell pretty much no one is getting the Xbox One (No offense to anyone who is...) , and nobody is going to want to develop exclusives for it after it flops against the PS4. The PS4 is cheaper, and it has little to no limitations. The Xbox One is basically a cable box that plays games, stocks you with the camera, and it kind of looks like a weird black NES on drugs.

~My two bits

~RD4

PS: Oh, and by the way. I'm coming from having the Xbox 360 since 2005 so I took a good look at both consoles instead of making a blind decision. I went from PlayStation to PS2 to the Xbox 360 and it looks like I'm going to the PS4.

Edited by Rainbow Dash The Fourth
  • Brohoof 1

Yes! After yesterday's coverage of E3 from PlayStation, I am highly excited about the games coming out, mainly Knack!

I can't wait for Kingdom Hearts III and Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII!

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I've actually seen the trailer and the demo gameplay of kingdom hearts III, even though I'm into xbox; I'm really looking forward to getting a PS4

Edited by wildpaw
  • Brohoof 1

The Wii U is the console I'm likely to buy at this point. So even though you disregarded it for no reason, I go with it.

I'd buy a Playstation 4 second, because I enjoyed my PS2 back in the day. PS4 is going to get KH4 plus plenty of other third party titles. Such a shame the Wii U couldn't be a little bit more than it is so I wouldn't even have a want for a second console like this.

• Brohoof 3

Actually, I do not disregard the WiiU. I wouldn't do so because it is the second console of the eighth generation (3DS was the first), but the rivalry is going with Xbox One and PlayStation 4.

I would get a WiiU if I would get Assassin's Creed III with it.

• Brohoof 2

Actually, I do not disregard the WiiU. I wouldn't do so because it is the second console of the eighth generation (3DS was the first), but the rivalry is going with Xbox One and PlayStation 4.

I would get a WiiU if I would get Assassin's Creed III with it.

I have never see or played assassin's creed III on the wii u before, and about the 3DS being the first console of the eighth gen... woohoo.

• Brohoof 1

I have never see or played assassin's creed III on the wii u before, and about the 3DS being the first console of the eighth gen... woohoo.

Have you even played the game or atleast beaten it before? It is actually quite awesome on the Wii U, but not compared to the PS3 experience.

(edited)

Despite having some good looking games at E3, I just cannot support the Xbox One. There are so many limitations and stipulations that you have to abide by. Plus, MS is still not treating the indie devs all too well.

Some people say that the 'must connect every 24 hours DRM' is not a problem because they have Internet. Two things with this. One, 110 million people in the US do not have Internet, that is not counting the ones without broadband. Two, lets use the upcoming Kingdom Hearts 3 as an example. This game will more than likely be a single player game, like the others in the series. Now, what if you buy this game, then, for whatever reason, your Internet service goes down, for a few days. After 24 hours, this game that you bought, which is a single player game, has now become completely useless. With this way of business, you will NEVER truly own the games that you buy for the Xbox One. Not to mention that you also have extremely restricted rights when it comes to selling the games. This kind of business model is horrendous and I honestly do not see how anyone can support it, regardless if they have Internet or not.

So yeah, PS4 for me. It is more powerful and still manages to be $100 cheaper, WITHOUT these absurd restrictions.

Edited by Kyoshi

PlayStation 4 is the clear winner this time around.

The price is cheaper.

No Big Brother Kinect.

My console doesn't become a brick after 24 hours of no internet.

I like the exclusives better on PS4.

I get to actually own my game.

That thing that I forgot the name of that allows you to buy PS3 games and play them.

• 2 weeks later...

i would have to go for the PS4 ive always been a sony fanboy and all ways will b and what xbox shared (whoops) at E3 was just enough for me to say fuck it no xbox one for me 

SONEH 4 EVA 

It's alive! Microsoft has killed itself big time. If anyone is really gonna buy it you are just feeding microsoft's passion to steal your money.  I for one may or may not buy a PS4 because I've always been a huge nintendo fan and plan on getting a wii u soon as I can get the money put together, but the exclusive KH3 for PS4 is tempting me so hard to get that ps4. I am not a PC gamer and I wish I could be but my internet is quite bad so the games I want to play on steam I just can't do it. I can't afford to get better internets right now. I'd gladly fork out $60 a month for super fast internet with a desktop. But for now if I want those games I'll need to get a ps4. The product looks nice. It's what sony has been good at, making something look really really nice.

Holy circlejerk. Man this is the largest circlejerk I have ever seen on these forums. I mean, I don't like the Xbone either. I have always been with Playstation but man this thread is a massive circlejerk.

• Brohoof 1

Too damn easy.

PS4.

Xbox One

1. Is like a giant TV, why not just buy a TV and *hm hm* a PS4?

2. (They recently removed this policy) There used to be a point where you'd have to login once every 24 hours. Dumb.

3. Bad Exclusives. I prefer Destiny over the stupidity of *For example* Halo 5 or 6 (One of those will likely be an Xbox One exclusive, like was most of the Halo series to the other consoles.

Simply said:

Xbox One sucks, PS4 is not bad, but Older gens are better than these gaming consoles (Or, just in good fun TV consoles!!! lol)

Pay an extra $100 for a less powerful and more restrictive console that has less games coming out for it and that annoying Kenect 2.0?  No contest!

I plan on getting the Wii U later this year and the PS4 at some point.  The Xbone isn't even on my radar.  Microsoft did everything in their power to kill my interest in what they had to offer.

I don't care for either console! Seeing the limitations, I know I will not be buying Xbox 1 at all... I will probably end up buying the ps4 for there is less limitations, limits annoy me because when there are little to no limits you can do so much!