Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming CONSOLE WAR: PlayStation 4 or Xbox One?

KonohaLegend

I will be the person that says Xbox One. I used to have Ps3, but it got really boring and the system layout was just horrible. When I got the 360, it was really user friendly and Party chat was a life saver. I am actually pretty excited for the exclusives. The people complaining about the Kinect always on, deal with it. There are webcams everywhere, there's probably a webcam right now on your computer or phone.

I will be the person that says Xbox One. I used to have Ps3, but it got really boring and the system layout was just horrible. When I got the 360, it was really user friendly and Party chat was a life saver. I am actually pretty excited for the exclusives. The people complaining about the Kinect always on, deal with it. There are webcams everywhere, there's probably a webcam right now on your computer or phone.

Your point about the PS3 vs. Xbox 360 is valid, but not relevant. Sony has seemed to learn from their mistakes, and know that being anti-consumer and anti-developer will only bite them in the ass. Microsoft, however, has become completely anti-consumer and only cares about the bottom-line. They didn't remove all the DRM from the Xbone because they were listening to consumers, they did it because they realized it would cripple their bottom-line(and probably because of backlash from Gamefly, Gamestop, and other bigger companies/services that their DRM would've screwed over, but that's just speculation).

And your point on the Kinect isn't right, either. I can put tape over my webcam, I can unplug it and throw it away, and whatever else I want to make it impossible to spy on me. You can't do that with the Kinect, if you want to be able to use your Xbone. It has to be on and functioning while the system is, or else the system will not work. As to when the system's off, I'm confused about what's been said about the Kinect. Supposedly, it can be "turned off", but it will remain partially active to listen for when you tell it to turn on. Not sure what's up with that, but I've heard the only way to really turn it off is to actually unplug it.

• Brohoof 1

Your point about the PS3 vs. Xbox 360 is valid, but not relevant. Sony has seemed to learn from their mistakes, and know that being anti-consumer and anti-developer will only bite them in the ass. Microsoft, however, has become completely anti-consumer and only cares about the bottom-line. They didn't remove all the DRM from the Xbone because they were listening to consumers, they did it because they realized it would cripple their bottom-line(and probably because of backlash from Gamefly, Gamestop, and other bigger companies/services that their DRM would've screwed over, but that's just speculation).

And your point on the Kinect isn't right, either. I can put tape over my webcam, I can unplug it and throw it away, and whatever else I want to make it impossible to spy on me. You can't do that with the Kinect, if you want to be able to use your Xbone. It has to be on and functioning while the system is, or else the system will not work. As to when the system's off, I'm confused about what's been said about the Kinect. Supposedly, it can be "turned off", but it will remain partially active to listen for when you tell it to turn on. Not sure what's up with that, but I've heard the only way to really turn it off is to actually unplug it.

Another shocker, I was actually in favor for DRM on the Xbox One when they announced it. I was excited for the no more discs and game sharing. It's possible to turn off all Kinect abilities but it still needs to be plugged in.

Another shocker, I was actually in favor for DRM on the Xbox One when they announced it. I was excited for the no more discs and game sharing. It's possible to turn off all Kinect abilities but it still needs to be plugged in.

Don't know why you'd be in favour of not owning something you paid for, but whatever.

What I want to know is where did you hear that about the Kinect? I can't say I know what I said before to be certain, but every article I've ever read and every person I've ever heard talk about it all say the same as I do. But if you have evidence to the contrary, I'd certainly like to see.

• Brohoof 1

I've dealt with the new SimCity, my knowing of owning/borrowing a game has been completely destroyed already. I just googled the kinect and found what it said on Wikipedia. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinect#Kinect_on_the_Xbox_One

For one, that's Wikipedia.

For two, that wasn't really dismissive of everything I said. It wasn't really precise on my points on the issue. However, what is concrete is that, no matter what, if you want to use your Xbone, the Kinect has to be plugged into the Xbone and powered. I'm not sure how it is the user turns off the sensors via the software, but I don't buy into that it is 100% off and not capable of spying on you.

• Brohoof 1

I don't know why everyone hates WIkipedia because to post you need sources, if there is no sources than it clearly tells you. Here is another source. http://www.gamespot.com/features/xbox-one-microsofts-phil-spencer-talks-used-games-always-on-6408725/

Chances are and especially in this society we are getting spied everywhere. Google records our searches and what we search determine the ads or search results you see. My guess is that we are going to agree to disagree. No matter what people will do, companies such as Sony/Microsoft will make millions regardless what they do. Look at CoD, they barely change anything and make tons of money.

• Brohoof 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwYUGtI6guY

Sorry Microsoft. Stick to computers. I can't wait to get a PS4 the Xbox one has NO appealing features to me and I don't like that stupid little spycam thing.

I have played Playstation since the first one and I didn't care for that 360 console either. All the little CoD fanboys will still buy Xbox one and it'll still be a babysitter more than a console. 

Super-Smash-Bros-Universe.jpg

I will be buying Wii-U for this ^

thread derailed

Yeah I'm one of the few buying the Xbox One and no, I am not a Cod fanboy. So yeah I am gonna be a sucker and spend the money for it. I prefer the UI on xbox.

I don't know why everyone hates WIkipedia because to post you need sources, if there is no sources than it clearly tells you. Here is another source. http://www.gamespot.com/features/xbox-one-microsofts-phil-spencer-talks-used-games-always-on-6408725/

Chances are and especially in this society we are getting spied everywhere. Google records our searches and what we search determine the ads or search results you see. My guess is that we are going to agree to disagree. No matter what people will do, companies such as Sony/Microsoft will make millions regardless what they do. Look at CoD, they barely change anything and make tons of money.

Very good, valid points. They say you can turn off all the data-collection, it will alert you when it is spying on you, and that it is your data, etc. but I'd really like specifics. How do I turn it off, how does it warn you, when, why am I collecting my own data, etc. I guess I won't know until it comes out and people talk about it, though.

It's all just unsettling to me.

Very good, valid points. They say you can turn off all the data-collection, it will alert you when it is spying on you, and that it is your data, etc. but I'd really like specifics. How do I turn it off, how does it warn you, when, why am I collecting my own data, etc. I guess I won't know until it comes out and people talk about it, though.

It's all just unsettling to me.

Yeah if it's unsettling to you, just don't buy it. If I am sounding aggressive I apologize. Like I said earlier, chances are we are going to agree to disagree. Everyone has their own preference, your's is Sony while mine is Microsoft. I want to buy the Xbox One but I might not be able to afford it or the PS4.

Yeah if it's unsettling to you, just don't buy it. If I am sounding aggressive I apologize. Like I said earlier, chances are we are going to agree to disagree. Everyone has their own preference, your's is Sony while mine is Microsoft. I want to buy the Xbox One but I might not be able to afford it or the PS4.

Honestly, this "Console War" doesn't interest me. I am not a Sony fanboy by any means at all, and, for the longest time, I was an Xbox fanboy. I played 360 all day and condemned everyone that played PS3 for years. Now, I'm a PC gamer, but it's just sad to see Xbox going in the direction it is and Microsoft being so anti-consumer.

I don't plan on buying either console.

• Brohoof 1

I don't know much about either of them, but I do know that so far, the Xbox One is looking terribad, so I'd say PS4. Pretty impressive hardware from what I've seen.

I'm a loyal Nintendo customer, so most likely, I'll be sticking with my U for now. 

(edited)

@,  

Yeah the whole console war is stupid. I have recently started PC gaming and it has started being more enjoyable than consoles. I'm still wondering if I'll buy the Xbox One, PS4, or maybe just build a PC. I'm gonna wait till they release the consoles and just see reviews of both.

Edited by linkbro123

@,  

Yeah the whole console war is stupid. I have recently started PC gaming and it has started being more enjoyable than consoles. I'm still wondering if I'll buy the Xbox One, PS4, or maybe just build a PC. I'm gonna wait till they release the consoles and just see reviews of both.

Yeah, that's the smart thing to do. There's a lot of myth around PC gaming that it takes a lot of knowledge to build a PC and play games on it, but that's really not true. Anybody can build a PC, the hardest part is finding out what parts to use, but there are all kinds of guides for people that aren't so knowledgeable when it comes to hardware. As well as countless forums where you can ask questions about it.

I plan on using a guide to build my first PC pretty soon for around 500-600 dollars.

Yeah, that's the smart thing to do. There's a lot of myth around PC gaming that it takes a lot of knowledge to build a PC and play games on it, but that's really not true. Anybody can build a PC, the hardest part is finding out what parts to use, but there are all kinds of guides for people that aren't so knowledgeable when it comes to hardware. As well as countless forums where you can ask questions about it.

I plan on using a guide to build my first PC pretty soon for around 500-600 dollars.

Sounds pretty good. Building a PC isn't hard since there are so many guides online. I'm thinking of building a PC as well. I can imagine playing BF3 at near max settings or New Vegas at max.

Sounds pretty good. Building a PC isn't hard since there are so many guides online. I'm thinking of building a PC as well. I can imagine playing BF3 at near max settings or New Vegas at max.

I'm not sure what your budget for a gaming rig is, but, if you want, I can share some of the builds I know of for moderate prices. Shoot me a PM, if interested.

I always buy my consoles based on the offered exclusives, and considering what I've seen so far, I'll be getting the Xbox first. I'll grab the PS4 next year. Am i allowed to vote for both?unsure.png

I'll be getting PS4, maybe a few months after launch. 'til then, I'm sticking with my Xbox 360 and PS3.

Might get the Xbone if the next Halo is any good.

Also, I don't care much for PC.

Probably a PS4 but around a year after it has launched. Call me weird but even though I also have quite a good gaming PC, for some reason I never enjoy playing games on PC as much as console. And I find I'm not the only one who thinks this. Which is why I can't make the switch to PC and PC fans just annoy the hell out of me when their "PC elitists" BS. 

Won't get either of them (I'd much rather spend the money on a gaming PC) but if I was looking at a console:

PS4: more powerful, costs less.

Xbox One: less powerful, costs more.

Power and price aren't everything, but Microsoft is clearly more greedy than Sony, and they're much less consumer-friendly. Do I really want to support that by buying their machine?

I know they've changed their horrid policies (only after a thorough public shaming), but I still wouldn't buy the console after hearing what their original plans were. I don't want to support a company like that.

Too bad since I've only owned Xbox consoles thus far.

(edited)

Well, I've never been a fan of the Xbox to begin with so that Microsoft made such a terrible joke of a gaming console that is the Xbox one doesn't make a big difference to me. I've never really taken to either console's exclusives either so to me, that's not really a factor.

That being said, I have played with both Xbox and the 360 and I can't say there's a huge difference between them other than accessibility. The PS3's interface to me is much better than the 360's, and judging by what Sony presented, that's gonna improve even further. Sony did exactly what Xbox should've done: stick to gaming and not making if a super-pumped cable box that can also play games on the side.

I also found it really funny how Microsoft took back all of its restrictions. Had I been an Xbox fan instead of a PS fan, the restrictions would've converted me to the PS4 and after taking it back, I wouldn't be too trusting of their product anymore.

At the end of the day, tho, I don't actually know how many games I will play on the PS4 since there's only very few that I look forward to, particularly Metal Gear Solid 5 altho by the looks of things, it might just turn out to be a more advanced version of Crapwalker (and I've never taken to Big Boss the way others have either). Assassin's Creed 4 might just be better than AC3 thanks to the focus on naval combat but I'm not really holding my breath on that one either. Worse comes to worse, there's always Tekken 7 to look forward to.

Edited by Freedan

(edited)

So, after watching the past two days of E3, including some of today, I've come to the conclusion that the Xbox One will be the worst thing Microsoft has created ever. The PlayStation 4 looks AMAZING and it has no restrictions that Xbox One will have. And the controller is amazing.

So what would you get?

PlayStation 4?

img-1553262-1-PS4%20with%20controller-58

Or Xbox One?

img-1553262-2-XboxOne-610x343.jpg

The PlayStation 4 will be $399.99 USD and the Xbox One will be $499.99 USD. What a rip-off on the Xbox!!

I vote for PlayStation 4.

When I was 6 years old, the first game I ever played (and still have a copy of) was Sypro the Dragon on PS. I still have my PS2 after the whining gamers convinced Sony to take PS2 games off the PS3. My issue with PS4 was that you couldn't use old games and have to register them... I just realized I've sold or dont play almost all my old PS games... Registration or not I'm getting a PS4. (Infamous 3 :D )

*I just fixed slot of typos in this... I probably should've gone to bed before 1am... Lol

Edited by TheBreech

(edited)

I've been part of the Playstation Nation for the 15.6 years it has existed, Im a multi genre game, play from rpgs to adventure, from platformers to flight simulatiors, In my eyes XBone only has one good genre to offer the evolution of videogames and interactive entretainment has been in sony ever since, Uncharted, The Last of Us, LBP, Heavy Rain are the gaming testament of such. I love PS i love then giving me more than 40 games for free each year for 50 bucks and i would love o buy my

PLAYSTATION 4

Edited by Colt