Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming CONSOLE WAR: PlayStation 4 or Xbox One?

KonohaLegend

I'm going with Sony and Nintendo this generation. Microsoft have been on a downward slope since the Xbox One stuff, they just appear as downright arrogant and dismissive of what people want in a console. The only reason they changed the One's policies was because they were getting so much hate from their own fans who were about to jump ship to Playstation. 

I was open minded about the new generation of consoles, but the One was just a car crash from day one (see what I did there?), that's why I preordered a PS4, and I'm sure I won't regret it. 
Though, since backtracking on all the DRM stuff, the two consoles are much more on par, I'll still go with Sony purely because Microsoft's incompetence annoyed me, and if I learned anything from the last generation, its that Sony does exclusives better and treats their consumers better. 
Though neither company are quite as lovable as Nintendo  :wub: 

• 4 months later...

I'm thinking of switching to next gen after christmas but wanted some of your opinions on this.

At the moment I own a 360 and I'm aware that you are able to carry over your account to next gen but I really don't want to rush into this and be left dissapointed in the end.

Thanks! ^^,

• Brohoof 1

if i where you, i would go for the PS4. with this generation of consoles the problem is that there is just next to no difference in what you get as for games and graphics. PS4 is a bit better at processing a lot at the same time tough, and overall i think it just looks way better :P

but, i like the new xbox's controller better then the one from the PS4.

Edited by repsol rave

Personally, I choose PS4. It is the more powerful system, has PS Plus, and is cheaper. I don't hate the Kinect, but I don't want it. So Why should I have to pay an extra $100 for an add on I just don't want? Plus, Xbox One seems like it'd rather be my cable box than by game console.

• Brohoof 1

fdfdsa fd d asd adf  23r2r r2

Edited by plzremoveaccountfdfd

XBox One or PS4?

Man, I'm glad I built my desktop! I don't have to go buy a console to get the next generation games! :D

I'm not saying PC is better than console (like most PC gamers will tell you). Everyone has different needs and so they take different routes to reach a certain goal. For me, I'm glad I built my PC because now I don't feel like I have to make a choice one way or the other. Sure, I won't get in on the exclusive titles, but there are also lots of PC exclusive titles. 

I honestly wouldn't be able to choose one or the other. I'd either have to get both or none since they both offer amazing things over the other. I'd say they're equally matched because the XBox does tons of extra stuff the PS4 doesn't while the PS4 has the better hardware. I mean, come on Microsoft. DDR3 memory when your competitor is using GDDR5?  I also think the PS4 is more aesthetically pleasing. It's smaller size would make it easier to put in my entertainment center. Of course, the XBox is designed to be the only box in there...so yeah. Only problem with that is the XBox can't replace my Wii or my 5.1 surround system or my VCR or my phonograph. Especially the last two. It doesn't have technology that outdated in it. And I still watch VHS tapes and I still listen to old records from time to time. 

So yeah, for me, it's both. I would have to get either both of them or none at all.

Consoles used to be specialized pieces of hardware, they aren't anymore. The Xbox one and PS4 are just a PC in sheep's clothing. 

Just evolving with the market I guess. Nowadays, especially in the US where I live, people want electronics than can "do everything." It's why smartphones are so popular and such.

The only thing I've heard Xbox has going for it is the controller, and I'd be pretty damn shocked if there's no controller you can get for the PS4 that's better. I have giant hands so I prefer the Xbox controller, but everything else about the system fails to surpass PS in my eyes.

The only thing I've heard Xbox has going for it is the controller, and I'd be pretty damn shocked if there's no controller you can get for the PS4 that's better. I have giant hands so I prefer the Xbox controller, but everything else about the system fails to surpass PS in my eyes.

Here's my take: If you like the kinect and want an all-in-one entertainment box, get Xbox One. If you want a kick-butt game console and want to save money, get Playstation 4.

Here's my take: If you like the kinect and want an all-in-one entertainment box, get Xbox One. If you want a kick-butt game console and want to save money, get Playstation 4.

PS4 it is, because I want games, nothing else.

Just evolving with the market I guess. Nowadays, especially in the US where I live, people want electronics than can "do everything." It's why smartphones are so popular and such.

I wasn't talking about the do-it-allness of the software. The PS3 and Xb360 were quite capable of doing pretty much everything that the PS4 and XB1 except for the watching TV part. In fact the PS3 in some aspects is more capable than the PS4. I'm, however, was talking about the hardware used in the product itself. 

Neither! The Wii U is the best next-gen console out now, IMO.

But to answer your question... The PS4 is more powerful, smaller, wobblier (:lol:), cheaper, and doesn't have a big eye that looks at you all the time. The Xbox One has Halo. :P

So, I'd probably go with the PS4 IF it was a choice between it and the Xbox. I have to say that I love my Wii U, though, and I feel that it's the best choice for a next-gen console because of its great price, great games, and it capability to produce amazing visuals, despite the lies fanboys will tell you about it being underpowered.

I wasn't talking about the do-it-allness of the software. The PS3 and Xb360 were quite capable of doing pretty much everything that the PS4 and XB1 except for the watching TV part. In fact the PS3 in some aspects is more capable than the PS4. I'm, however, was talking about the hardware used in the product itself. 

Which is designed to "do everything." Software typically needs hardware to do stuff. :P

Neither! The Wii U is the best next-gen console out now, IMO.

But to answer your question... The PS4 is more powerful, smaller, wobblier ( :lol:), cheaper, and doesn't have a big eye that looks at you all the time. The Xbox One has Halo. :P

So, I'd probably go with the PS4 IF it was a choice between it and the Xbox. I have to say that I love my Wii U, though, and I feel that it's the best choice for a next-gen console because of its great price, great games, and it capability to produce amazing visuals, despite the lies fanboys will tell you about it being underpowered.

I'm going to be honest: It seems that if you don't like Nintendo games, then the Wii U probably isn't for you.

Edited by Evil Bright Honor

I'm going to be honest: It seems that if you don't like Nintendo games, then the Wii U probably isn't for you.

True, true... The Wii U has seen a major drought of 3rd party games, and it may stay that way. But yeah, if you're a fan of any big Nintendo franchise, it's a great console.

Not buying either (unless they get really cheap)

they've spent all of this generation trying to make the consoles as much as a PC as possible, so... I will just use what they are trying to copy, it will be more fun anyway.

• Brohoof 1

True, true... The Wii U has seen a major drought of 3rd party games, and it may stay that way. But yeah, if you're a fan of any big Nintendo franchise, it's a great console.

Yeah I love the console.But you're buying it for the exclusives tbh. If you want great multiplats or such, you'll have to look into a PS4 or Xbox One or get/built a decently powerful PC.

• Brohoof 1

@, The departure to use X86 breaks a 20+ year tradition and is a symptom of the bigger picture that Sony and Microsoft(except for the case of the original Xbox, which everyone can collectively agree was shit) are less interested in making a good product and more interested in just pushing out crap to the masses. They could have easily still done the same things on more specialized hardware, it didn't need to be X86. Power architecture worked well for current gen. It could have worked equally as well for next gen.

I don't really see the relevance of any of this though. The video gaming industry has collectively gone to hell in a hand basket. First the big names got greedy and started doing DLC instead of X-Packs, then came microtransactions, now they don't even bother to made a decent product to begin with because they can promise us a "better game" next year.

Now you've got Indie game developers following suit with horrible customer service and shitty products. If something big doesn't happen soon in the industry, it's not going to matter what console you have because all the games for it wont be worth playing. 

• Brohoof 1

I personally am going with the Xbox One but that is just my preference. I have nothing against the PS4 and I even see it as a amazing console, a heap better than the PS3 but I have always been a Halo fanboy and so I generally stick with the console that Halo is native to and honestly the games is really what should be your decision on what console to buy because if it wasn't for the games the console would have no purpose. So all I can really recommend is just go for which ever one houses the games you like the most. 

Edited by LordDiscord

@, The departure to use X86 breaks a 20+ year tradition and is a symptom of the bigger picture that Sony and Microsoft(except for the case of the original Xbox, which everyone can collectively agree was shit) are less interested in making a good product and more interested in just pushing out crap to the masses. They could have easily still done the same things on more specialized hardware, it didn't need to be X86. Power architecture worked well for current gen. It could have worked equally as well for next gen.

I don't really see the relevance of any of this though. The video gaming industry has collectively gone to hell in a hand basket. First the big names got greedy and started doing DLC instead of X-Packs, then came microtransactions, now they don't even bother to made a decent product to begin with because they can promise us a "better game" next year.

Now you've got Indie game developers following suit with horrible customer service and shitty products. If something big doesn't happen soon in the industry, it's not going to matter what console you have because all the games for it wont be worth playing. 

Sony and Microsoft went with X86 because it is easy to program for. One of Sony's biggest goals for the PS4 was to make it much easier to program for than PS3 was.