Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Whats the weirdest thing youve ever experimented with.

GenderIsAnIllusion

Ok, first some rules: Keep NSFW content out of your responces. For those who dont know what NSFW means, it basically means no overly sexual content.

So forums, whats the weirdest thing that you have done simply out of pure morbid curiosity?

Personally for me it was the time My gf got me to hook up a car battery to my ear studs. The sensation of it felt oddly satisfying, so i ended up doing it as a weekly ritual, steadily increasing the current, until one day it caused me to pass out... Then i stopped lolz... I still do it, but its on VERY rare occasions.

Layed in bed and listened to a four hour harsh-noise album after being awake for 30+ hours. It started to induce sleep-paralysis and I felt like spiders were all over me. 0/10 would not repeat.

(edited)

mixing a bunch of random bottles of alcohol together into a nasty smelling but tasty concoction......I ended up waking up half way across town on a boardwalk with said friends that created the drink concoction....

To this day,I've never drank mixed hard alcohol, unless it was a cocktail or malt beverage.

Come to think of it, I don't drink any hard stuff anymore...I drink fruity girly drinks.

Edited by Flutter Dash

um, idk, I'm pretty routine with things and don't typically do alot out of my comfort zone honestly.

Weirdest thing I can remember is putting sugar into water, like dumping the sugar in there, and drinking it. Wow that tasted horrible >_>. That was a long time ago.

Mountain Dew flavored custom brownie cake with Mountain Dew/Dr. Pepper/Green Apple frosting made with granulated sugars and two year old Baking Soda. Conclusion: There is such a thing as too sweet and soda doesn't go well with everything. It tasted awful. Ate the whole thing though. Worth it? Yeah, it was fun to make.

• Brohoof 1

I took apart my WIFI router, took some things out then replaced them with some thing from a Xbox 360. And I tried to turn it on, It turned on, BUT it caught on fire and I caught my room on fire.  derpy_emoticon1.png It was Probably one of the worst (but Best) things I've ever done For a while, Oh yea Then I was grounded for 2 monthssad.png

• Brohoof 2

Worked in a resturant for 8 years so i got to experiment with many strange foods, kalimari was good suprisingly, buffalo was a lil gamy ostrich was alright, seabass eye was like chewing on gum until it broke nasty taste, deep fried aligator nugget was different

The weirdest thing i have done... I think it would be when I was in Cali. i would ride the trains they had in the city for hours, just sitting in one place nothing thinking or doing anything. I was, to simply put it, doing nothing. i still don't know why i did it. i guess i was a weird little kid.

... I guess the weirdest thing I've done is shoot with sniper gun that shoots pellets (no real bullets) at my parents' house without any prior weapons' training... under strict supervision of course from my big brother and one of his friends. Target was a little 1-10 target square attached to a tree about 35 m away. In other words across the house and backyard.

What makes this a bit weirder is that I shot 10 points two times in a row after only 3 shots.

made a homemade 22.short round that shot a tiny roll of confetti, so basically i got a bullet and replaced the lead with confetti.

Shot it out of a 22.rifle, instead of a stream of pretty confetti, I got a cloud of black smoke and burnt confetti.

This wasn't so much an experiment, but one time, I had a cold. For some reason, here in Japan, they don't tend to use drugs which are basically standard in the rest of the western world. So for my cough, they gave me a drug called Asverin, an opioid cough suppressant. I think the generic name is tipepidine or something like that. It caused me to have auditory hallucinations. Y'know how you can tell the difference between what you hear in your thoughts and what you can hear for real? Well, I could audibly hear my thoughts. It was really weird. Especially since it only happened when I closed my eyes. It was kinda cool. What was not so cool was the dizziness and fits. So I promptly stopped taking it.

(edited)

I can tell you, but I could also show you.

I made a Coca-cola zort exhaust and it made me feel rather dumb afterwards. But I know what's wrong though, I used a 1 litre bottle instead of a 2 litre. It did not work at all, but I guess I should retry it.. Nothing is more cool then having a Coca-cola bottle on your exhaust. Of course simply buying a loud exhaust would make more sense, but meh.. Experiments. The problem is the engine in the car is louder then the exhaust itself so it just sounds weird. So going to retry it though.

Not my video btw.

Edited by Fluttershyfan94

Oh the weirdest thing I've ever done was just a few weeks ago. Everyone was going on a trip so I was left all alone and at one moment I got really bored. I decided to try if I could make drugs out of household products so I went and experimented a bit.

The loot: 12 grams of myristicin and 7 grams of DMX. I was too afraid to try DMX out, even though it is actually less dangerous than myristicin, so I used the myristicin.

What followed was a trip that lasted between 20-25 hours I believe. The end the trip wasn't even fun anymore but extremely nauseating. The first 10-15 hours were a blast though, I kept hallucinating all kinds of crazy things and I kept forgetting what I was doing. I think there was a moment when I checked out whether there was any food left in the fridge around 10 times within 15 minutes simply because I kept forgetting that I already checked out the fridge.

Good times.

So this one time I accidentally made chlorine gas in my garage when I was like 11...

Numerous experiments involving fire, flammable materials of various shapes and sizes, and assorted pressure vessels. When we were still building our house, there was no shortage of flammable scraps (wood, sawdust, cardboard etc.), and in the interests of actually getting the stuff burnt and the ash disposed of quickly, my dad let me use accelerants. Sometimes, I'd get more time that normal, so I could get creative.

Gotta say, the coolest was when I threw together a medium sized plywood box with a hole in the side and top. I filled it with cardboard and paper, and cut a hole int he top. In this hole, I put a very thick and sturdy cardboard tube that I had soaked in gasoline earlier. I lit the paper and stuff in the box, and it quickly spread to the tube. It created quite the suction current, which quickly stoked the flames in the tube. I ended up with a fast jet of very hot flame coming out of the tube. Then I noticed a box of sawdust nearby and... well, if you've seen the Mythbusters where they made the sawdust canon... it was like that, but smaller :)

I used to kinda do parkour in the forest. I'd mostly follow a trail, but if there was too much of a curve, or a double back or something, I'd take the path of least resistance, usually trying to do it without breaking a step. Screwed up my ankle a few times doing that and decided it wasn't the best idea.

when i was about 12 i smashed some of my fathers siggarettes into a bowl, put some of his beers and whiskey in it and drank it.

i've never been as drunk as that day, and idk even why i did it... i was seriusly messed up for about a week afterwards

(edited)

I wanted to test myself so I made a homemade crossbow with things randomly laying around my house that I was trying to launch at some cans, and I overestimated it's accuracy. Also launching it in a tight space was a regrettable decision. I still have the scar from where the crossbow bolt hit.

Edited by Harmonic Revelations
  • Brohoof 1

The weirdest thing I've experimented with was, to test what cats usually do in their spare time. So I launched some objects at my sleeping cat then it started to scratch the crap out of me.

One time, on the Fourth of July, our neighbors came over with illegal bottle rockets and a large pipe.  We then proceeded to fill pickle jar with gasoline, put the pipe in the pickle jar, and dropped lit bottle rockets down the pipe.  The night ended with my dad and our neighbor running around the yard with a flaming pickle jar.

I can't think of many situations, but I have a very recent experiment I'd like to share.

I made some instant tea from a packet, the kind that dissolves in water, y'know? I then added sugar and chocolate syrup. The first few sips were good.... until the aftertaste settled in. Oh dear. It tasted like a stale soda with Chocolate stirred into it. It tasted nothing like tea.

(edited)

Nothing as of late that is really out of the ordinary. I remember last winder I was driving home on a really snowy road (and it was still snowing), and I started trying to coax my car into sliding. On purpose. I kind of like the feeling of sliding a bit, actually.

(Wow do I feel like a psychopath now for saying that...)

But I have numerous stories involving fireworks, too. :3

Edited by AtomicBassCannon
  • Brohoof 1

Oh the weirdest thing I've ever done was just a few weeks ago. Everyone was going on a trip so I was left all alone and at one moment I got really bored. I decided to try if I could make drugs out of household products so I went and experimented a bit.

The loot: 12 grams of myristicin and 7 grams of DMX. I was too afraid to try DMX out, even though it is actually less dangerous than myristicin, so I used the myristicin.

What followed was a trip that lasted between 20-25 hours I believe. The end the trip wasn't even fun anymore but extremely nauseating. The first 10-15 hours were a blast though, I kept hallucinating all kinds of crazy things and I kept forgetting what I was doing. I think there was a moment when I checked out whether there was any food left in the fridge around 10 times within 15 minutes simply because I kept forgetting that I already checked out the fridge.

Good times.

I want to know how you did that xD Isn't that stuff made from nutmeg? Or am I being an idiot?

Seriously tho, I must know. For science, of course.

Nothing as of late that is really out of the ordinary. I remember last winder I was driving home on a really snowy road (and it was still snowing), and I started trying to coax my car into sliding. On purpose. I kind of like the feeling of sliding a bit, actually.

Wow you would love to live in my country, always snowy. Sliding is actually a good practice since if you practice it you will have a better knowledge on what to actually do when you loose control on the snowy roads. I love sliding, it's what makes snow days fun and it isn't even putting much stress on the car itself. Because of the weather here, not many are actually on RWD cars. Many are on either FWD or 4WD/AWD subaru's. So sliding and snow drifting is very active here, although it does take some practice, not worth it if you just keep hitting stuff, but as you get better you can start to do it everywhere, tight corners and stuff although I do not recommend it. You have to learn to have control while you are out of control. Pretty much the same as in rally, finding traction when you don't have any. Snow drifting and rallying, if you practice either you can become great at both. But mistakes are very expensive and can be deadly.

So it's fun but it's better to keep it at minimum and only at places were it's save for you and others.. Because stuff can happen and they happen very quickly on the icy road.

It saved my life once, snow days here are deadly.

I want to know how you did that xD Isn't that stuff made from nutmeg? Or am I being an idiot?

Seriously tho, I must know. For science, of course.

Jup, it's also in nutmeg! It's exactly where I extracted it from ^^

I used a few beakers, acetone, ammonium, a coffee filter for extraction. Easy stuff. You can also cowboy up and eat 3-4 tablespoons of nutmeg, which tastes terrible. But it'll get you somewhere though. It's pretty dangerous to eat large amounts of myristicin though, it can kill you and the amount of myristicin varies from bottle to bottle. There're a few vids out there that explain how but I don't think I'm allowed to tell you how to make drugs on the forums.