599 users have voted

1. 1. Are you in a relationship?

• Single
    • Dating
    • It's complicated
    • Engaged
    • Married

(edited)

I'm sorry if this is weird at all, but I was curious to see where people are. If you're single or not. If you aren't in a relationship, why? If you are who is it?, what's their name?, etc.

Don't worry, I'm currently in a relationship with a very nice girl. So I'm not trying to trick you or SOMETHING.

Anyway... 

Edited by Daniel40k
  • Brohoof 2

I currently do not have a very special someponyperson.

And it's a little bit annoying. Curse me and my very specific tastes in mates. <..<

• Brohoof 4

Who needs a person when I just found a diamond in my basement that was glowing plus nobody likes the creepy guy at the end of the street

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

I'm single by choice, I've had relationships before but they honestly did me no good in the long run.  I'm only 21, I need to focus on making as much money as possible right now, so that I can build a foundation to support a family later on in life.  I've passed up opportunities for women simply because I wish to work on my professional life more so.  Sometimes I regret this choice of lifestyle, don't get me wrong.  there are times where I feel extremely lonely, and all I can do is tell myself that it's worth it in the long run.  Hopefully?

The hand gets boring after awhile though, I'll admit.

Edited by Level3rd
  • Brohoof 9

Nnnnnnope, I don't have girlfriend right now but I am not getting too discouraged because there is a woman who is right for me I just haven't found her yet.

• Brohoof 5

I'm single, and I enjoy it! Having a relationship I feel would slow down my travels, and just add on the stress build that has already been building for the past few years. Besides, I don't believe I should give anyone the power of my trust. I'm very cynical with that. 

• Brohoof 4

Having a relationship I feel would slow down my travels, and just add on the stress build that has already been building for the past few years.

Amen. I think that a lot of people don't realize that they rely on the concept of a relationship too heavily.  There is so much more you can do and accomplish without having to plan around the needs of another person.  For me, the free-lifestyle is just too good right now.  I wouldn't trade it for anything.  
Let's be honest, sometimes it sucks, but the benefits outweigh the cons.
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

I'm currently single by choice. Mostly because I feel that at my age (16) it is pointless to try and find someone because you'll either mess up due to immaturity, or split when college comes. And, there really hasn't been anyone that interests me.

Edited by The Pulse
  • Brohoof 3

(edited)

Now I believe it! 94% of all bronies are single if I remember correctly. I guess though that I'm the only one with a fillyfriend at this point! img-1379355-5-xtWXQl1.png

For me that is a scary statistic, it seems a little high.  Where did you get 94% from?  

Something more like 60-80% wouldn't surprise me though.

However, being a part of the fandom has really opened my eyes in terms of what kind of woman I would want to be with.  Certainly being able to comprehend the existence of the MLP fandom is a great place to start.  She has to have an open-mind.

Edited by Level3rd
  • Brohoof 1

I have never been in a relationship. I don't have any social skills to make friends, let alone a girlfriend. So, I just don't bother with it and continue college work. It's really difficult since I'm very lonely all the time. I'm still trying to get a job so I can have something to do to take my mind off of it.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I just recently broke up with my girlfriend of several months, but that relationship was an emotional suck, and neither of us was really into it anymore, so it was an amiable breakup. I feel that people put too much emphasis on relationships, and treat them like 'life's trump card' or something. Like, "oh, all issues in your life are solved if you have a girlfriend/boyfriend!" Well, I don't think that way, and none of the relationships I've been in have been very fulfilling, engaging, or rewarding. Then again, they were just high school romances, so they are pretty much worthless by nature and design. I'm thinking about staying single for a while now, focus more on my school work to secure my admission to a good college. I can worry about being in a serious relationship again when I'm in college.

Edited by Windy Runner
  • Brohoof 3

I've been a single ever since my ex dumped me for another guy two years ago.
We were together for three goddamn years, and then, she just called it quits via a TEXT MESSAGE. 
I never got any explanations or closure, either.
Haven't been able to find anyone new as of yet, and, to be honest, it's not even that high on my
priorities list right now.

• Brohoof 2

It seems I am the only "It's complicated" vote so far. I'm kinda sorta in an online relationship with someone, but I haven't heard from them in awhile. It's been kinda shaky. I don't put a lot of stock into relationships though, so I'm fine being single if it comes to that. In fact, I know a girl who's a brony that I've wanted to ask out for awhile.

• Brohoof 2

Now I believe it! 94% of all bronies are single if I remember correctly. I guess though that I'm the only one with a fillyfriend at this point! img-1555002-1-img-1379355-5-xtWXQl1.png

I don't think it is nearly that high, but yes there are a lot of single bronies much of it though is because alot of them are young teens to early twenties which is fairly young. I have noticed a lot of people on here when the subject of relationships say that they will be "forever alone" or some other thing like that and that is just silly. Yes it can be frustrating being rejected or falling short but if you want something in life you have to go get it, not give up so easily but in some cases be patient. I really think a lot of people are not mature enough for relationships but jump into them anyway due to loneliness and hormones which is a recipe for disaster.

• Brohoof 6

I have never been in a relationship. I don't have any social skills to make friends, let alone a girlfriend. So, I just don't bother with it and continue college work. It's really difficult since I'm very lonely all the time. I'm still trying to get a job so I can have something to do to take my mind off of it.

sad.png  Sorry man, I guess we'll all be here for you.

I think the first person here that actually has a girlfriend should get a prize or something. This is literally starting to freak me out! blink.png

sad.png  Sorry man, I guess we'll all be here for you.

I think the first person here that actually has a girlfriend should get a prize or something. This is literally starting to freak me out! blink.png

Well, does having had several past girlfriends count...? *Face lights up with eager delight* I wanna get a digital internet prize!

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I am obviously in a relationship, and the person I am with... well, it's pretty obvious who it is. 

We have been together since 21 April; I remember our conversation very clearly (it's a long distance thing, of course) when I asked him out. We were really just saying cutesy wootsey things to each other with secret motives behind them. I really just couldn't take it any more, so I basically "forced" him into the relationship without asking. It was so obvious that the feeling was mutual that I don't think I even actually asked. I just claimed him, and, well, it worked, because he didn't oppose. I smile all the time when we talk, and I smile when just talking about him, like I am right now. 

I've been in previous relationships, though I've been embarrassed or even downright anxious when talking about them with others. However, talking about him comes naturally, and it just generally feels right. When I think about him, it feels as if I am an old woman talking about her husband. I feel very calm, which is rare for someone as hyperactive and straight-up weird as me. Really, he relaxes my mind all together, which is a miracle, because I am never relaxed. I'm never open with others, and I really am not one to be honest with others about certain things, but I do feel okay with being open and honest with him in particular. 

TL;DR - I love him bunches. 

Edited by Kirino
  • Brohoof 5

(edited)

Well, does having had several past girlfriends count...? *Face lights up with eager delight* I wanna get a digital internet prize!

lol I don't think so! img-1555099-1-laugh.png

But are you sure it's gonna be a digital prize???? img-1555099-2-img-1379355-5-xtWXQl1.png

This topic practically lit like wildfire! I didn't expect this, but yet every single pony on here (is single)!?

EDIT:

Kirino Wins!!! lol If you actually wan the prize just tell me.

Edited by Daniel40k
  • Brohoof 1

I'm currently not in a relationship with anyone. It's been about 4 years now and I don't know whether being single is good or bad. I've had bouts with depression because being alone sucks at times especially when you're striking out with the ladies left and right, but being single has definitely been good for my school work and I will have plenty of time to find someone once I have settled into a career. I take the good and the bad and always try to have a good outlook on it.

• Brohoof 4

I plead not guilty. But to be honest, I'm not all too eager to get back on that horse after the crash-and-burn I went through last year. I guess you could say I have trust issues because of it, but overall I think it's been for the better. If anything, the experience has taught me that trust and love are not just to be given away, but earned.

Should a woman who actually wants to work for my trust comes along, perhaps I'll give the game of love another shot. Till then, I'm just going to be happy that I don't have to constantly worry about the needs of another human being and simply focus on what makes me happy.

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

I used to be in two relationships, both were online. First one was a Canadian I met on DeviantArt and the other an American pegasister on Everypony.com. I tend to be a recluse IRL... Especially now that I'm not i my home environment. Studying abroad can really suck.

Edited by SunBurn

I'm 16 and still have remained single my whole life, the reason is partly me and my fears, and partly due to my shyness, and partly due to my being not really that attractive, and partly due to well a bunch of other small things.

I really am totally unsure if I want to date anyone anyways, sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. I have loved people before though.

• Brohoof 3