1. 1. Are you in a relationship?

• Single
    • Dating
    • It's complicated
    • Engaged
    • Married

(edited)

no im currently single and i hate it 

i have had a girl friend before ( long time ago ) 

all the cute / nice  girls at my high school are all either in a relationship or their lesbian  :(  there is on girl though but i'm a bit shy ( she's in the popular crowd, very pretty, smart   and im known but not that popular and tend to be a little bit socially awkward ( not often but enough ) :angry:

hopefully ill eventually find the courage to ask her out  

Edited by HunterScars

(edited)

I'm currently with someone, a very incredible and special someone. We've been together for near two years now, but we're really quite serious. He's incredibly respectful, thoughtful and intelligent, and has no issue with sharing his sensitivity. Though he is also very confident and comfortable with himself. He's just so great with people, too. He's really great at making friends, even strangers.

My past experiences with boys and relationships were, uh...awkward. I don't think I'm super attractive, I think I'm about average-ish. I've had some guys show interest in me when they see me, but the second I get cornered into a conversation their interest suddenly wanes. I turn into an absolute idiot when I talk - I blank on things to say, so I end up awkwardly not talking at all or just giving some painfully generic, boring response that I don't even agree with. So the only people that actually get to "know" me beyond that "quiet chick" are the very few incredibly close friends I have/had, who happened to all be female.

I am so thankful that my current guy saw all that, understood it and gave me the time and space to really grow comfortable around him. And now, I'm closer to him than I have ever been to anyone else, and we can both be our very own real selves around each other.

I see guys saying that they wanna have a girlfriend, but all the girls around them are either in a relationship or are slutty/a whore. I was a quiet, shy girl that couldn't hold a conversation who stood in the background while boys would complain that girls were never interested in "nice guys" like them. There is probably at least one quiet, shy girl around, who just wants someone to notice her, but may grow lonely cause the only one that would give her a passing glance is the quiet, shy boy who is too nervous to take the initiative.

Edited by Powderpuff
  • Brohoof 1

Married is my vote.

Pretty much explains itself, doesn't it? M'bound to my man, and perfectly content that way. 

Quick summary is this... never really expected or wanted to fall in love, but he broke all the rules and made me do crazy things that wound up being the soundest choice I've ever made. Known the man for five years, and I've been married for a little over a year. We're still newlyweds, so the loving comes easy.

Don't loose heart, folks! Love is possible!

I've been with someone for 3 years now. We're going to the same colleges etc. and she was actually the person who made me like My Little Pony.

She draws art (mainly of her favorite, Rainbow Dash) but she's too shy and won't upload it anywhere. I'm gonna convince her to join us xD

• Brohoof 1

I'm single, though to be honest I could care less.

Having a girlfriend is pretty low on my priority list. I'm not against relationships or anything, I'm just a very introverted person in general. I do not require companionship like a lot of people do. To be honest, I've never really understood why so many single people complain about being single. 

And on top of that, I am leaning more towards being Asexual, so my interest in most romantic things is limited. 

Having friends is enough for me most of the time. 

• Brohoof 2

Single.  I've had a few relationships, some lasting longer than others, and it's left me pretty jaded.

I'm pretty much just doing my own thing and hoping someone comes along.  Probably not the best way to go about it, but, eh.

• Brohoof 1

I am not in a relationship, mainly because I am not worthy of anyone. I am not special, unique, or useful. I cannot drive at all, I live in a small town, I am very anti social, so my chances are nothing. I know you are thinking 'There is always online' but nobody has taken any interest in me at this point and I do not blame them. Online relationships will never work out for ind the end anyways.

• Brohoof 2

I am single but i am searching for my special lady. in this world we are judged if we breath wrong so i am open for negativity not because i want it. because of who i am but not matter what, this world can not drag me down. 

I'm in a relationship. Back last year on Kickball Day, my friends Liam, Marissa, Eliott and I were all talking to each other and messing around sitting on a bench. I told Mrs. Maroney that I was horrible at kickball during the start of the year, so I didn't compete. But Elliott, Liam, and Marissa were all in either Mrs. O'Hara's class or Mrs. Kohler's class. We were messing around and since I have ADHD, I can get hyperactive. We were all laughing and I began to get hyperactive. (Note: I was the only one out of my friends and I that had ADHD.) Liam was hanging upside down from the bench, and I kissed his forehead. Everybody besides Liam started to laugh. "Did you like it?" I asked. Then something I never expected happened. He said yes. So he asked me to be his girlfriend and I said yes. Then it was lunch time so Liam said that would be our first date, even though we weren't allowed to sit with people that weren't in our class. We kissed on the lips after lunch, but since I get bullied a lot (People call me insane), some of the others started to notice, and they were like, "EWWWW! LIAM HAS THE ALANA TOUCH!" Then people told us to do it again so I took it as a joke and we kissed again and again until eventually somebody told my teacher.

The first thing he said when he got home is,"MOM I HAVE A GIRLFRIEND!" Since his mom and my mom are great friends, I'll be able to see him more often. And my auntie is moving right down the street from him! I've known him since first grade and we have EVERYTHING in common. Liam is PERFECT FOR ME! :)

• Brohoof 1

I've been single for the entirety of my life. I don't really mind it, and only feel lonely on very rare occasions. If I find someone then, wooo! But if I don't, that is perfectly acceptable.The big deal about it confuses me, but I understand that my thought process is off compared to most others.

• Brohoof 1

I've had many, many past relationships before. All of them ended badly. "We need some space, I like someone else, I'm going to be a total jerk and leave you, kay?" 

So, I've decided strictly no relationships til I'm done/in college.

(edited)

I am not in a relationship, mainly because I am not worthy of anyone. I am not special, unique, or useful. I cannot drive at all, I live in a small town, I am very anti social, so my chances are nothing. I know you are thinking 'There is always online' but nobody has taken any interest in me at this point and I do not blame them. Online relationships will never work out for ind the end anyways.

img-1650936-1-8ae.gif

I know that I've posted in this thread before, but these are also reasons why I am not in a relationship yet and never been in one. I feel I'm also a bit young for them anyway too. Even if I were to be older, I don't think I'd deserve a relationship anyway.

Edited by ÷Zero
  • Brohoof 1

I'm single but I've dated before. ._. 

The guys i've dated names are Justin (Lane), Kyle, Joseph (Joe), Daniel & Jordan. 

Jordan was the one that made fun of me for liking MLP.

I'm going to shut up now :3 

Shockingly enough I am not in a relationship and never have been. There's a slight chance it might have something to do with the fact that everyone I've ever met hates me, and I hate myself. I'd never accept anyone crazy/dumb enough to want me, though that's not a problem I've ever run into. Besides, any relationship could only ever end badly, and I don't deal with rejection very well.

I feel like I'm obligated to post this song;

• Brohoof 1

Meh, I was. But the guy I was dating was an asshole and cheated on me.
I know of a few other bronies who like me, but none have asked me out yet. I don't do online relationships.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I do have a girlfriend, and thanks to her I feel better than I've done in months ^^

We've only been together for a bit more than a month, but I love this girl more than I've ever loved anyone. I actually doubt I've ever been in love before.

Edited by Lolnus
  • Brohoof 2

I'm single but I've dated before. ._. 

One made fun of me for liking MLP.

I'm going to shut up now :3 

Someone made fun of you for liking MLP, huh? Well, that's grounds for going separate ways in my book. :P

Anyway, I've had relationships in the past and I was dating someone recently. Unfortunately, that dating fizzled out last month when she stopped returning my e-mails and phone calls. She didn't think we were such a good match after all. Oh well, at least she was fine with me being a Brony. I probably should be more bummed out than I am. Instead, I feel relieved because, quite frankly, relationships are hard work. It doesn't mean I'm not willing to work at it. But a girlfriend or a wife represents a major life change. Instead of going around doing whatever I please, I would be preoccupied by pleasing her instead. I need to be honest with myself and commit to it for the long haul and not just for the duration of a short term infatuation.

But as I've said elsewhere, paraphrasing Dear Abby, there are plenty of things worse than being alone. Being with the wrong person is one of them. I'm perfectly capable of being happy by myself.  There are so many men and women who end up in multiple relationships and marriages, it really makes you think. Tragically, a lot of people who are meant to be single struggle to find a lover partly because of peer pressure and society. From a very early age we are indoctrinated that romance is the only way to get to "happily ever after". Also, people who are single are sometimes looked down upon. It's wrong to assume someone is inferior just because they don't have...or want...a significant other.

• Brohoof 3

Im sadly single 14 years old here, and I don't have a girlfriend, but to me to be honest, I don't think that there is a girl out there for me, but I will keep searching around for that one girl.

I'm engaged with a lovely lady who happens to be a member of this board (although she's not very active on here). It's been about 2 years in the making lol.

(edited)

I'm currently "dating", but I don't know if it counts exactly as dating since it's long distance haha. 

I've been with him for 6 years (I was 14 when I met him lol wtf!) so far now and 3 years of that has been long distance. Weirdly enough, he's my first boyfriend as well. I know, most people think that we won't actually end up together when we're older and especially because it's long distance and the relationship relies on wishful thinking or whatever. But I don't really think those things. 

Romance is nice, but friendship is magic.

Yeah, romance is nice and I think before when I was younger I used to think I really needed it. But then again, I'm much stronger now and I realise I've become much more independent. I'm not going to really bother if I don't have a special somepony. But I actually am in a relationship now and it's managed to be this long BECAUSE we are friends. Best friends, at that. So yes, friendship is magic haha, I agree with this. We've gotten over many hurdles together, not just as partners, but as friends as well. I think out of all my "friends", he's the friend I've managed to really keep (because finding true friends is difficult for me, I've had many bad experiences with most friendships). We may have our disagreements, but just as much as he is my partner, he really is my true friend. And I am super happy to have ended up with someone like that. ^_^

Edited by Rayna
  • Brohoof 1

Single, and I've noticed almost every other brony is as well. Here's how I personally feel about it:

Romance is nice, but friendship is magic.

I can't really judge your way of looking at things, but I personally see it as tomance>friendship.

I'd honestly rather give up on my friends than on my girlfriend.

As you can't, I can't judge your way of looking at things either. However, that's not what I'm saying. If I had a girlfriend, I'd probably be willing to give up a few friends for her.

However, what I'm saying is that I'm not really interested in finding a girlfriend, but I would prize her above my friends... if I had, or wanted one.

(edited)

Honestly, I'm not interested in a relationship atm. I've never been in one, and only will try to get one when I feel ready. Of course I've had those occasional crushes on girls at my school, but those just come and go. At my age (14), I'd say I'm even to young to have an actual 'relationship.'

I mean, being a brony isn't going to help at all. Most people at my age would just say that a brony is a 'weird gay fuck that needs to grow some balls.' A lot of older friends I know from our Minecraft server and stuff, say I'm pretty mature for my age.

I'd say that I'm not ready at my age. I'd rather wait and get a stable, long-lasting relationship in my mid 20's than those stupid 1-month 'I don't really love you, but I still want to make out with you 'cause you're sexy'- kind of relationships. And, like I said, I'm only 14, so I have more than enough time to find the love of my live :3

Edited by Ermac
  • Brohoof 2