599 users have voted

1. 1. Are you in a relationship?

• Single
    • Dating
    • It's complicated
    • Engaged
    • Married

(edited)

I'm in a relationship since December 22, 2012, when the Apple Family Reunion episode came out. It's the only relationship I've had and it's pretty nice, considering. 

Edited by Nagisa Misumi
  • Brohoof 1

Technically I am... Sort of. I once had a girlfriend from my school, she was a year younger than me. Well, I entered High School so we stopped seeing each other... Now she's in High School too and I see her sometimes but we don't really talk between us anymore or anything. We haven't even officially broken up yet.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I've been single my entire life. It does upset me quite a bit sometimes, but there's not really much I can do about it as I'm not a very appealing person, and I'm not at all attractive by any stretch of the word.

I do get lonely often, and I do find the single life to be terribly drab and not very pleasant, but some people just get dealt a poor deck, and some don't get to have what they want. So now I'm just trying to do the best I can to keep my mind off it and get on with my life.

Edited by Gigapony
  • Brohoof 2

I think it might be good to have engaged and married options in the poll, jmo. While maybe not a lot, there are some older members on this forum who might be either engaged or married. In fact, I know there are.

Anyway, I'm in a relationship. We've been together for 2 and a half years. We've been living together for almost 2 years. Some struggles along the way, as I'm sure with any couple, but things have been mostly good between us. I like his omelettes :3

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I've been single my entire life. It does upset me quite a bit sometimes, but there's not really much I can do about it as I'm not a very appealing person, and I'm not at all attractive by any stretch of the word.

I do get lonely often, and I do find the single life to be terribly drab and not very pleasant, but some people just get dealt a poor deck, and some don't get to have what they want. So now I'm just trying to do the best I can to keep my mind off it and get on with my life.

What kind of talk is that, soldier!? angry.png

Seriously, man, don't sell yourself short. If you enslave yourself to that "maybe I'm just not meant to be with anyone" mentality, it'll remain your reality till the end of time. The real truth of the matter is that regardless of how unappealing or unattractive you appraise yourself to be, that stuff's all relative, so you will inevitably meet somepony out there will find you both appealing and attractive. It's all a matter of time and putting yourself out there.

As horribly trite and stupid as this may sound...you gotta believe in yourself. wacko.png

Edited by Lowline
  • Brohoof 3

I was formally in a relationship for a year and a half to a good friend of mine, but due to personal reasons and realizing who I was as I progressed, it did not go well and eventually I had to break it up. I hold nothing against my ex for that.

I am single by choice, but because of personal preference for relationships, it may be a while until I can work something out, but right now I'm just trying to get a job and finish school and relationships are not my number one priority right now.

• Brohoof 1

I've been single my entire life.I've been badly burned by love and my attempts at finding it,which in turn made me a person who prefers to stay emotionally distant to others.Which is worsen by the fact that I hate the single life and often wish I did have a girlfriend,but then I get reminded of the bad experiences I've had and then I get depressed and the cycle keeps looping over and over...really,it's a pain in the bum.That's why I prefer to forget and accept that fate has something else in store for me in my lonely life.And it's also why I have such bad memory.

...What was I rambling about again?Bah,I'm gonna go look up more ponies.

• Brohoof 1

I'm 15 and I have zero interest in dating. I just find the idea too time consuming and very pestering. I'd much rather be alone right now. I'll try dating later when I've grown up a bit more, but for right now I'm staying single. Plus, girls my age have no interst in guys like me, they want some asshole who's probably going to end up on the streets. I'm not the kind of person that they're looking for, and I'm not looking for them.

• Brohoof 4

(edited)

Single. Though posts like Kirino's make me wonder what could be. I have come to realize that its my own damn fault that I am where I am. If I just took some initiative, went the extra mile, I could be so much farther in life. Hopefully I can get over apathy and actually out some effort into being social 

Edited by ActFast231

I lack the balls or courage if you'd say to ask anyone out. So I don't bother with it at all.

Best for me to worry about things that are generally more possibly and achievable.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Hmmmmm... Yep, single (ready to mingle wink.png)

But yeah, single as single gets...or somethin'.  Yeah, I know what you are thinking, "lame".  Well... meh to you!

Edited by Rainbow Dashey

(edited)

Now I believe it! 94% of all bronies are single if I remember correctly. I guess though that I'm the only one with a fillyfriend at this point! img-1555002-1-img-1379355-5-xtWXQl1.png

Why would being a brony make it any different? *laughs*

No, I am not currently in a relationship. I have been asked by several people, but really, I'm not interested. I haven't found anyone that really makes me comfortable or happy, and as a result I don't see any merit in forcing myself into one with someone I care little for. In addition, some people seem really unsettled by dating someone who is pansexual for some reason. I don't really get that.

I also don't see why so many people place so much in having a relationship with another. It's rather silly. I'm young, and most guys my age are demented fools. Maybe once they mature a bit I'd consider it, but I want someone who is driven by something besides just wanting to have a girlfriend.

Edited by Suigintou

(edited)

Appears I am the token married guy. Have been in a relationship since my early 20's and with her for quite a awhile. pretty swish i must say. There's always ups and downs but the valleys don't run that deep.

If it makes you feel any better i didn't REALLY have a girlfriend until i was 22 (and lost my virginity around that same time to the same person), had all kinds of bad attempts at trying to have one and few dates in my teen years. But i haven't been single since then either. Only way to succeed at something is practice and you cant find someone else if you don't try to go on dates, kiss a few frogs, and get out there. Most important thing you can do to make that happen is like the skin you are in and come to terms with who you are and why someone else should like you. Because if you don't like yourself and can't see why someone would date you then that becomes a self-fulfilling reality. :(

Edited by Freewave
  • Brohoof 5

Lol. Not really... However, I suppose you might be able to put me in the "It's Complicated" category right now. And by that I do mean it is complicated. So complicated I really don't even know what to do or think anymore...

I'm single, but with the "It's Complicated" part tacked on... Which makes it more complicated for me. xD

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Married to a wonderful guy!

I guess I got lucky; he and I are compatible, down to how we want to raise kids and general sense of right and wrong. Of course we're not IDENTICAL so we argue over the DARN toilet paper has to face OUT not in!! lol

But he's always there for me. And I for him. If I have a  bad day, he's ready to hear me out and help me calm 'er down. 

We play Halo/COD/Gears, and argue what map to be on. Top of bottom screen?! wink.png

Not all the fun ends when you put a ring on it. C;

Edited by Haruyou
  • Brohoof 4

I am 32 and I have never had a gf. I have asked out girls but they are never interested. In fact I have a knack for making people mad, men and women, without even trying. All I have to do is talk to someone for about a week. Logic dictates that I should not have a gf. At this point there is no point in having a gf. For one, the only women my age who are single have kids and/or are fat, and I have no desire for such women. But I am lucky because I have a good job and I get to spend money on myself. I don't have a woman to nag me about spending $400 a on pony trading card. Guys tell me all the time to not get involved with women. One of my married friends complains about his wife. Plus I don't want a family. Therefore there is no logic in having a gf. I hear stories of guys getting rid of there game and toy collections because of their wives. There is no way I would give up my toys or games for any woman. I have realized that happiness comes from things. If you want people then you can have friends but don't compromise your own life.

"Love is a trick that nature plays to get us to reproduce. I want no part of it." -Callisto from Xena. "After a time, you may find that 'having' is not so pleasing a thing, after all, as 'wanting.' It is not logical, but it is often true."-Spock from Star Trek

• Brohoof 1

For one, the only women my age who are single have kids and/or are fat, and I have no desire for such women.

32 is really not that old, at least I don't think it is and even at that age there seems to be a lot more women who think they are fat but are really fine than there are that are overweight. I have lost count a long time ago at how many fairly attractive women I have heard say "does this make me look fat?" Or "I am so fat" it greatly disturbs me that so many women are so self conscious when they have no need to be.

I hear stories of guys getting rid of there game and toy collections because of their wives.

I wouldn't get rid of my game collection for any woman either, there is a big difference between respecting women and being whipped and I sure as hell am not going to be whipped. Which is why I am going to find a woman who dosen't necessarily have to share that same interest but at least be tolerant of it.

I have realized that happiness comes from things.

I can understand why you may think that as it sounds like you got burned quite a few times and things can't really reject you call you names but they can control you if you let them.

• Brohoof 1

I'm with someone right now, like it was very hard to tell I was in the first place.

It feels good not having to alter yourself at all and still make the other person happy in a relationship. My comfort level with who I'm with is the best it could ever hope to be, and I don't think it can get much better than it already is. Starting a relationship is a hard thing to do, but this came naturally to us. The feeling was mutual from the very beginning, and it just kept growing from there. My happiness is endless when I'm talking to them, talking about them, or just even thinking about them.

• Brohoof 1

I'm married, and I have been for four 1/2 years. Most people can't believe how long I've been married because I got married fairly young for this era it seems. I got married when I was 20 and ill be 25 this year so yeah four 1/2 years. I only dated my husband four months before we said "I do". :)

• Brohoof 1

Well i have a stallion of my own and he LOVES me!!! He and i have known each other since i was a filly. He is supportive and he knows i love my little pony. He is even supportive enough to where he is coming with me on my trip to Bronycon and he doesnt care. Im so proud of him though hes not a brony... Yet!!

• Brohoof 2

My girlfriend I should say is for her. I like her and everything, but I'm really young so it doesn't make much sense. We've gone on a few dates, but and we have many things in common and she's beautiful. I guess I got suckered into it. At this point there really is no reason to date any girl, but she talked me into it asked me out several times until I finally said yes. From my standpoint I can say we are boyfriend and girlfriend, but what I really want and what I'm trying to do is just be her good friend to snuggle with her and hold hands through all her "teenage drama". I honestly understand and agree with what most people are saying on here, but what we are as a couple is different and definitely special. I don't expect it to last forever and I think she knows it to. I never really wanted any girl; wanted nothing to do with it, but I guess that's just how things go sometimes.

I just thought I'd share my story since I created this topic and mostly everyone is letting a lot loose, I really appreciate getting to know all you guys better, being a newb and all! I can see why people say the bronies are the most friendly and understanding community! Thanks a whole bunch guys!

Hopefully she won't find this somehow... Just kidding, I know she'd understand... It's the way she is I guess, it will just be sad if we don't leave each other on our own that we'll have to most likely be forced separate ways, but as of now, I just can't really bring myself to imagine a world like that!

I love you Haley! wub.png

(edited)

I'm single, and by choice. I'm trying to get my life going, and at this point it just wouldn't be convenient to try and have a relationship. If I met the right guy, I'd try it out, but that's a huge stretch at this point. Besides, I have a lot of quirks that would probably turn a lot of people off, and I refuse to change who I am for anyone but my family or myself.

Edited by Sugar Cube
  • Brohoof 1

Married, and for 10 years now. She used to go by the name Snowdancer, which I think would be a great pony name, but since she named one of her RL horses that, and that horse is now nearing the end, I'm not sure she'll reclaim the name. Ah well.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Taken by a very beautiful girl ^___^. And this is a little off topic, but love her so much, I hope it ends up like a griffon relationship. In real mythology, griffons mate for life, meaning they only have one mate. I'm kinda sad that they don't explore more griffon mythology in the show, but they should explore that. I hope we end up like a pair of griffons, staying loyal and fiercely protective of one another. Many are neigh-Sayers, but I'm positive we can make it work.

I always honor her name in rp's, somehow.

I love you taya!

Edited by Dirge of souls

I am in a relationship because, I simply just asked out the girl pony I loved and we got together and it's going great. I don't really get the question 'Who is it?' Well, xD I think you are asking, like a gender? Well, it's a girl. My girlfriends name is, Mattie. Mattie is a very special girl that I would die for, in all honesty I would marry her if I could. But, I am too young but, say when I get to the right age I would marry her. So yeah we are a great couple, all say so. Me and her even got 'Cutest Couple' in the yearbook and it was awesome. Even students from my school voted for us. The teachers/yearbook makers didn't just pick like a random ass couple that was actually a sucky couple. We are both sexy together, broken apart were just, people. Deal with it. img-1379355-5-xtWXQl1.png