Are you in a relationship?  

599 users have voted

1. 1. Are you in a relationship?

• Single
    • Dating
    • It's complicated
    • Engaged
    • Married

My last post demonstrated my disinterest in a relationship, but my status has since changed. It's nice as he also happens to be a member of this site. Convenient, no?

A lot of people say "oh, I don't want to be in a relationship, it'll conflict with my academics/work and I want to focus on them." While perhaps it does for some people, and I used to be like that, he actually encourages me to do my best and I feel more motivated to excel. In addition, he's very sweet and doesn't pressure me to do anything that I am not comfortable with.

He is almost four years older than I, though, and I think a lot of people find that a bit disturbing since I am still fairly young-ish. Neither of us has a problem with that, though; we're happy. 

I'm really not a romantic person; I'm quite serious, but he makes me act like a lovesick kid sometimes. I think we connect quite well, emotionally. (I don't really feel physical attraction to people, though he is adorable. XD Semi-asexual pansexual, I guess?)

• Brohoof 2

No, I don't have any girlfriends. I never have, and I probably won't in the near future. I'm in the midst of school right now, and I personally feel that having a girlfriend would be more of a burden than a help. i only say that because: A. I'm legally poor, and B. I'm anti-social and awkward around anyone else. I'm content as of now, and i don't feel like I need a gf to enhance my life. Ask me in 6+ months and maybe my opinion will change... who knows?

• 3 weeks later...

I think it belongs to hear somewhat so I'm gonna post this here.

Since so january I haven't felt any loving feelings to anyone and I'm wondering if I just 

haven't found anyone new  that I could love or that I'm not able to feel love like that anymore.

I got to make some great friends  (online but it still counts ) but I don't feel for them in that way.

Maybe my mind is just really picky :U

• Brohoof 1

I wanted to show off some of the cute stuff my boyfriend has done for me. He's always been sweet but lately it's been even better. I love it and I love him <3

post-650-0-46643400-1380395166.png

post-650-0-41922000-1380395464_thumb.jpg

post-650-0-21885400-1380395511_thumb.jpg

Edited by MissMachine

I'm a happily engaged young american woman to my german boyfriend whom we met each other through our favorite PC game called Aliens vs Predator 2. And through almost 2yrs of being seperated from each other thanks to immigration procedures, we are finally reunited together at his place in Germany till we return to my country to get married. i get chocked up just thinkinga bout it hehe. I have a blog setup for anyone thats curious about how we got engaged.

Edited by Lightning Bliss

Is been seven years since my wife passed away, and after those long, hard, painful years I finally dating again.

I was never a dating kind of guy. I knew my wife since I was a toddler, and dated her since I was at least thirteen. I miss her so much. God, I miss her everyday. I in a relationship now, but I still feel sad and feel guilty and feel like I am betraying my wife. Even though she would want me to move on, I still hurt and I still feel horrid. I still love the person I am with now, but I miss my Aleksandra so much still.

But, I am happy now. Finally found myself after having a bad relapse. Got real angry at God, broke some things, screamed and just had a real bad moment a few weeks ago, but after that I calmed down and found myself after thinking for a while. I good now...

I've been married 2 years to my loving wife...we were together fully for 7 years before marriage, never broke up once...never betrayed the other...I count myself one of the most blessed men in the world to be her husband! Makes me happy to have found my special somepony ;)

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

I'm single. ;.;  I do have someone I like IRL but when I told him a year ago...  He didn't feel the same way, but he didn't really know me then.  Idk about now.  Probably doesn't, but whatever

You know, I never though I'd say this, but I'm actually scared of a prospect of a relationship... I have medical school to get ready for, and I'm still 20! And now... I think my crush might be wanting a relationship at this point...huh.png  I mean, she just jumped on me like Pinkie Pie even though she's a complete Fluttershy! It's as if she's really comforted around me at this point. That I'm really surprised at... I just hope it's an overanalysis at this point. 

Just letting you guys know. Make sure that you enjoy being single too. You don't have responsibilities to worry about towards your spouse. And often times, being with the girl you love will leave you even lonelier if she's away for periods of time for any reason. 

• Brohoof 2

I've been with my boyfriend since March 2008 and I still can't believe it's been that long. I find that I fall deeper and deeper in love with him everyday though. (I know that sounds really cheesy, but it's so so true)

I've just accepted that I'm perpetually single. I'm pretty scared to get back into the wold of dating again. I've been hurt too many times and I just don't want to have to go through it again. Besides, I'm in school and so that trumps dating. I don't need anything distracting me. I'm going to get a masters degree and get a good career. I'm going to try to pay off half of a house so I don't have to take out a 30 year mortgage. When I do buy a house, I hope to be able to pay it off within 10 or 15 years. I want to achieve some real financial stability and job security before I even think about dating again. And like I said earlier, I just don't want to be hurt again.

I was dating around a bunch, having a blast, since I hadn't been single since about 16. Then a guy invited me over for Christmas Eve and call me his girlfriend. I felt kind of guilty, so I broke it off with a couple of other guys I had been seeing, since I liked this one.

A year and a half later, we're married.

I got engaged in October. We are both pretty old fashioned in our outlooks. We mesh well. She is not a Brony, but she loves animation and is a big Sponge Bob fan. The deal is I watch SB, and she'll watch MLP.

I guess I can't call her the GF anymore, Her name is Debbie. Now I can call her, "The old lady." (only if she is not looking!)

We haven't got a date suitable for all family members yet, but we do NOT want a lengthy engagement. The only thing decided is the Honeymoon location: Disney World. She's never been there, and I know she will LOVE it! I was there as a kid so We're both gonna see new stuff.

For those of you willing to give up, don't. The rewards are out there. You just have to keep searching.

• Brohoof 1

This article really hits home at what most of us forget. I know I've been very guilty of that for all my life. Here's the article for you all to read. You'll know what I mean. http://sethadamsmith...e-isnt-for-you/

A very relevant article.  Thanks for posting it.  :)

While I'm here, I have a few more thoughts from my favorite aunt that I'd like to pass along:

-You can't change another person.

-You can't make someone else love you.

-True love is always worth waiting for.

And most closely related to that article:

-True love is putting someone else's happiness ahead of your own. 

• Brohoof 3

I'm single, and I'm pretty okay with that, actually. From what I've seen, teenage guys are bastards. :P

Sometimes I have like a moment where I think-

"You know what? I feel like having a boyfriend."

But then I realise the guy I want probably doesn't exist, and I just go about being awesome... :lol:

• Brohoof 4

Scribbler is an interesting pony. I have never had a relationship with anyone (at least one that lasted more than a day). It's not something I'm exactly comfortable with speaking about this in person to people I know. I've tried to date a couple girls, always ends up in tatters though. I've pretty much chosen to stay single. I'm terribly awkward.blush.png

So far i'm a little over one week in a relationship. So far so good (but that's what is expected in the beginning.) She's like the complete opposite of me in many ways but some how we're still attracted to each other (opposites attract i suppose?) Was kinda weird cause she's the one who basically asked me to be hers and I said yes (usually I like to make the first move but w.e). I've known her over a year before we got together so I knew she was worth it.

Only complaint is the golf ball sized hickies she leaves on my neck during happy hour. She's also a scratcher....

In a four years relationship atm.

I moved half way across the world couple years ago, but we didn't want to lose each other.

Our busy schedules and different time zones suck. D:    But he's worth it. 

• Brohoof 1

I'm single with huge codependency issues, and the reason I'm single is my last boyfriend left me because I crossed lines that I didn't even realize I was crossing. I told him that I need to be told when I'm crossing a line, or doing something to potentially upset someone or else I don't understand what I'm doing wrong. But it's fine. Just have to find someone willing to deal with the fact that I suck at socialization without accidentally upsetting someone. 

Got out of a relationship a couple months ago after a couple years of trying to tell myself that I wouldn't date again. Dating for me really isn't worth it. I can't seem to find a girl who gives me what I need. I've dated several nice girls who I have no reason to be angry with, but they end up doing something completely stupid. It's infuriating for me when I am putting so much effort into a relationship and they just end it for basically no reason at all.

Anyways, I'm single with intentions for it to stay that way for a very long time. At least up until the point where I'm working full time. After that, I'll put myself back on the market.

Because women are expensive.

To quote Cheerilee…..”I don’t have a very special some pony right now”  

320px-Cheerilee_Annoyed_S2E17.png

But it’s by choice…sorta. Lets say I could have a boyfriend right now, and that meeting people isn’t the issue. I just have trouble meeting the RIGHT guys. I’m in college, and I happen to go to a big party school. It’s LOTS of fun, but it’s hard to find someone that wants a serious relationship right now. 

• Brohoof 1