• 85-90 MPH / 137-145 KPH
    • 90-95 MPH / 145-153 KPH
    • 95-100 MPH / 153-161 KPH
    • 100-105 MPH / 161-169 KPH
    • 105-110 MPH / 169-177 KPH
    • 110-115 MPH / 177-185 KPH
    • 115-120 MPH / 185-193 KPH
    • 120 + MPH/ 193 + KPH

One morning I was late for school, I usually leave around oh about 7:50 and get there at about 8:05 or so but I accidentally slept in until like 8:10 so I just got up grabbed a pop tart got in my truck and floored it the entire way to school. Got up to speeds of about 115 MPH I swear that 8 mile trip that usually takes like 10 minutes took about 4 minutes tops.....INCREDIBLY STUPID now that I think about it! It's never worth risking you license OR YOUR LIFE just because your late for something so trivial such as school.

people tend to be DAMN dumb when it comes to those small county roads......That was back when I was in my Junior year of high school, Never done anything like that since.

• Brohoof 1

Fastest I've been was the 110-115 mph speed range.

It was when I was on my way to Phoenix with the Camaro5 club for the annual festival.

There was a straight road, and the caravan leader just floored it with everyone following behind.

I briefly went over 100 MPH on the New Jersey Turnpike, which is doable when not during rush hour.  Usually I stay under 80, but might go 85-90 for a minute when I'm sure there are no cops around.  Any longer than that, and you're writing yourself a ticket. 

Oh, and once I did 70 in a parking lot in high school. 

• Brohoof 1

Im pretty fregin dangerous, so watch out, I've drove like 20 mph in abandoned parking lots!!!.

.... Ok so yeah, I've just not got a permit or a licience, so I've yet to technically drive on the road, and only rarely do I get to drive in abandoned parking lots.

I'm 16.. So I really should get a licience, but getting an ID and licience or whatever at the DMV takes freaking forever.

Besides the class I didn't know when it was this summer, and was worried it would overlap something else so I skipped out.

Maybe next year I guess.

• Brohoof 1

Fastest I went was like 85 in my mom's Volvo XC70 Cross Country. Despite that thing being a hatchback, it has some decent power under the hood. This was on my way back from college for one of my breaks going down I-85 towards Charlotte. 

The highway was empty, I was on a long drive, so I decided to see how fast my car is able to drive. It topped out at around 165 KPH, which isn't bad for something I fixed up from a junk yard.

I live in Germany. As many people know there is no speed limit here. Driving 200km/h on the Autobahn is totally normal over here.

The fastest I have driven is something around 180-190km/h. Going much faster just wastes patrol, though at 190 fuel consumption is quite high already anyway.

The car I use atm is a Ford Mondeo btw.

The fastest I've ever driven is 100 mp/h EXACTLY (since some of you are posting speed limits, it was in a 40). Some asshat up at Chevy decided it would be a great idea to put a governor on my S-10. I know she can go faster (and I totally would if I could), she's got the 4.3 litre V6 in 'er with roughly 200 hp, but she's limited. :/

I've driven 110 mph a few times on some super-long country roads before. Can't believe I've never been caught, but I'm probably never gonna try it again.

• Brohoof 1

My first car was a Trans Am GT. The GT models had z rated tires and didn't have a speed limiter in the computer. So when I had the chance to bring it to my grandparent's house in the country, I let it rip. I made it to 135mph before I ran out of road. I wish I still had that thing. It was so much fun.

The fastest I legally drove was 103mph. I was going downhill on US-36 running hot to the hospital. That was a blast.

• 1 month later...

I've hit 115 mph in my VW GTI. It was the stupidest thing I've ever done while driving by a long shot. It was fun, but I wouldn't ever dream of doing it again. My car comes stock with a governor at 130 mph anyway, and I just have no reason to push it that hard.

EDIT: Oops, I just realized this topic was dead. I don't recall how I found it, which perplexes me. Oh well! :P

Edited by dsharp105
  • Brohoof 1

Well, I don't know an exact number of how fast I've ever been in my life, but a car of mine does 167 down the straight going into corner 1 at Road America; so the GPS claims at least.

And for fun, here's my motorcycles gauge cluster.

bus7.jpg

Edited by AS41
  • Brohoof 1

It was an afternoon in the middle of the week and there was absolutely nobody on the highway (thankfully). I'm driving in my little 4-cylinder Saab 9-3. The speedometer says it can go up to 190mph, and me being the curious SOB that I am, decide to test this. I get up to 135 with the engine still ready to give more before I get scared and bring it back down to a more reasonable 70. 

I admit I was a lot more daring when I first got my license. I tested my car out down this straight stretch of road and got it topped out at 120mph for a few seconds before going back down to a more reasonable 90. Speed limit there is 75mph. It was pretty safe since there was no one on the road and you can see for days so no place for police to hide.

The stupidest has to be going 90mph in a 35. It was on a 4 lane divided street with sound walls on both sides so no chance of anyone besides cars being out there. A cop actually ended up driving by us on the other side but since it was divided he had to rush down to where the divide ended to give chase. Luckily the road bends so he lost sight of us and I turned on to a side road and then onto another side road but I heard the siren blaring as he raced by on the main road.

Now a days I find myself usually going 1-2 miles under the speed limit before forcing myself to pump it back up to maintaining the speed limit and feeling like an old man driving. But it's safer and more fuel efficient so I guess I'm ok with my new driving habits.

A few months ago, I decided to race my Mom on the highway. Me in a 1999 Honda Accord Coupe, doing just under 200kph, my Mom in a Mercedes ML63 AMG, doing around 225kph. Needless to say I lost, but was a good 10 min. race. Lol, lots of scared people on the highway that day :P.

95 kilometers per hour!... And that was only done once: on my driving test for my full license. They asked me to pull on the freeway and that speed is one that I have never gone up to again. I've pushed 90 once in a while, but most of the time 80 is my top.

90 MPH...on the freeway...watch out guys I'm a lose cannon! I don't usually drive fast normally I go about 5 over the speed limit. While around here is about 50 on the highway and 30 in the neighborhoods 2 is school zones =P. That's why my friends always want me to drive them home. I drive a 2001 Ford Explorer so it's nothing special.

I would say that the fastest I have driven is 85 mph, though I think that is a conservative answer.  The highest any speed limit is near me is 65.  I am hoping to make a better habit of following speed limits than what I do now.

It was an afternoon in the middle of the week and there was absolutely nobody on the highway (thankfully). I'm driving in my little 4-cylinder Saab 9-3. The speedometer says it can go up to 190mph, and me being the curious SOB that I am, decide to test this. I get up to 135 with the engine still ready to give more before I get scared and bring it back down to a more reasonable 70. 

A 190mph gauge cluster?  That  would make no sense, I've had a 9-3 Viggen and a 9-5 Aero (The high performance models) the the clusters stopped at 155mph...  What year and trim is this thing?  SPG or something?

I zoned out on I-5 once driving through central Cal (super boring). Even when I zone out I can instincively keep space between a car in front of me. My car doesn't have cruise control and there wasn't a car in front of me, so I ended up 90 mph. 10mph faster than I wanted to be going.

A 190mph gauge cluster? That would make no sense, I've had a 9-3 Viggen and a 9-5 Aero (The high performance models) the the clusters stopped at 155mph... What year and trim is this thing? SPG or something?

It's a 1999 Saab 9-3. Then again, my uncle was a motor head (I bought the car from my aunt), and there may have been work done on it that I don't know about.

Edited by Dinos4Ever

Around 73 MPH, as I recall. It was in a 70 MPH area, and I was still in Driver's Ed. My eagle-eyed instructor noticed that I was ever so slightly speeding, and told me to slow down. Guess force of habit after that has prevented me from speeding ever since.