• 85-90 MPH / 137-145 KPH
    • 90-95 MPH / 145-153 KPH
    • 95-100 MPH / 153-161 KPH
    • 100-105 MPH / 161-169 KPH
    • 105-110 MPH / 169-177 KPH
    • 110-115 MPH / 177-185 KPH
    • 115-120 MPH / 185-193 KPH
    • 120 + MPH/ 193 + KPH

Since I'm a very paranoid driver, I've only barely gone over 70 on a highway. That might also be because my car is not the best, but I'm mostly afraid of driving fast. 

Hah... 120+.. funny part was, a cop came up behind me, turned his lights on, and when i pulled into the other lane to pull over I swear he pulled a Super troopers and drove right past me!

Then I passed him, he'd pulled over some white car, 5 minutes later i was up to 95 again, and guess what.... There he was behind me again....

Same deal though, went to pull over, he zipped by.

Drove by him again with another white vehicle pulled over.
Best assumption was he was looking for someone specific, but I swear the second time I nearly had a heart attack :P

• Brohoof 1

It's a 1999 Saab 9-3. Then again, my uncle was a motor head (I bought the car from my aunt), and there may have been work done on it that I don't know about.

1999 was the first year of some revisions to that car.  They're very comfortable and surprisingly quick cars, but unless you can prove me wrong, the gauge clusters on those cars never reached above 160mph and the gearing would make them hit redline at 155mph which is where (depending on the engine) the car would top out.

Interesting thing though, General Motors (people who make Chevy) bought Saab in the early-90s and for the 1999-2002 model Saab 9-3, GM had sent Saab a car and said "Don't do anything to it but change a few interior and exterior pieces" and Saab ended up changing almost the entire car.  It was waaaaayyyy safer than what GM sent them, much more comfortable with some cool little things you would never even notice.

I do miss my 9-3, that thing was soooooooooo nice.

Fastest I've drove was 120 mph in my dad's Toyota Tundra (the monster 5.8 liter ^_^ )

Fastest I've rode was with my dad when he owned an extremely suped up '98 Mustang, the speedometer pegged at 160 and we were still accelerating, if I had to guess I'd say we reached ~ 170-175 mph before it topped out and we came up on a pack of diesels.

My goal in life is to hit 220 mph in ! 

Hah... 120+.. funny part was, a cop came up behind me, turned his lights on, and when i pulled into the other lane to pull over I swear he pulled a Super troopers and drove right past me!

Then I passed him, he'd pulled over some white car, 5 minutes later i was up to 95 again, and guess what.... There he was behind me again....

Same deal though, went to pull over, he zipped by.

Drove by him again with another white vehicle pulled over.
Best assumption was he was looking for someone specific, but I swear the second time I nearly had a heart attack :P

Haha, I've had a similar experience, I passed a (parked) cop doing about 90 on the interstate coming up on another car, just as I was fixing to pass the other car, and the cop comes right up behind me with his lights/ sirens on. I had a major "oh s--t" moment, and when I pulled over he flies around and pulls over the car that was in front of me, that I know hadn't been going as fast as me since I came up behind him to pass so fast! Only guess I can make is that he'd already turned off his radar to catch the other car and didn't get my speed. :lol:

• Brohoof 1

• 2 months later...

Well I was out doing some meth with my brother, and we ran out.. so we said lets go buy some more! ahh to be young.. anyway.. we get in the car and start going down the road.

Now my step brother is a cool guy and loves to fuck around, so he tells me to drive faster! we need it now! so I did just that.. all I know is I looked down once and seen we were going about 100MPH... ahh what a fun night..

I was in a police chase.....lol jk. I was actually trolling a smug Mercedes driver. I had my friend in the passenger's seat and he kept egging me on. We both shared a distaste for teenagers with rich, dumb parents. I would speed up and go 15 miles under the speed limit. He would respond by overtaking us. Pretty soon it became a race, that i won. No bull either. I got my truck (yes i beat a mercedes in my unmodified truck) up to 100mph which was awesome cause that V6 sang like a siren.

Ah, trolling; tis be a fun pastime in California.

• 10 months later...

Wow so much speeding, at the same time, I can't believe some people haven't driven over 65mph.

My fastest speed was about 90mph. The limit on the highway was 80, so I decided to push my car a little to see what it feels like. I wouldn't drive that fast anymore.

The fastest I've probably driven is a little over 90mph on a freeway.

I have a '13 Camaro so I tend to set the cruise control a lot because it's easy to get over 80 without realizing.

Driving home from my cottage late at night (down Michigan's thumb) I 've been tempted to just floor it for a while since there's usually never anyone on the road around 2AM. Problem is I do see people pulled over on that 2 lane road at night several times a year.

Edited by steve88

I know have to drive but don't have a car right now. 75 on the highway and i drive like a old woman. But i have be on a MD Helicopters MD 500 series helicopter AKA the  Little Bird that was flying very low over a road and we were going like 150+ i think.

• Brohoof 1

Out in South Dakota, we've gone about 90-95mph. We have a tiny, old manual Ford Ranger, and BOY did that thing rattle as we sped down the road. It was quite exhilerating. We weren't worried about cops, because it's so rural and deserted the road we travel on (for those who live in SD, hwy 14 to Pierre then 34 to Sturgis)

75mph.

It was on the highway when I was driving with my dad. I prefer to go around 50ish just because all the damn wind isn't slightly trying to drift the car.

Plus I hate getting on highways. Just bleh.

I got going just over 100 MPH driving through a large yet empty West Virginia highway on my way back from Pittsburgh. Normally I don't care much for driving fast, but I hardly saw any other cars on the road, and I was miles from any town or houses. The highway kept going up and then back down some pretty steep hills, so I just started accelerating on the downhills to see how fast I could get up to. It was fun. :D

I'm a big American Muscle Car driver, thus I can tell you that i broke 125 MPH with a Ford Mustang GT500.  And the best part............................I made it "roar"  B)

The fastest I've driven is 70 mph on an interstate, and I hardly drive on the interstate.

I never speed, I'm too nervous about getting tickets, and insurance skyrocketing through the roof due to getting a ticket, especially at my age.

I only go 5 over the posted speed limit since everybody does it, but that's it :P.