• 85-90 MPH / 137-145 KPH
    • 90-95 MPH / 145-153 KPH
    • 95-100 MPH / 153-161 KPH
    • 100-105 MPH / 161-169 KPH
    • 105-110 MPH / 169-177 KPH
    • 110-115 MPH / 177-185 KPH
    • 115-120 MPH / 185-193 KPH
    • 120 + MPH/ 193 + KPH

110 on the interstate between my hometown and the town I reside in now. I don't know what it is. Metallica+interstate+car with ungodly acceleration+ leadfoot... Not a good combination. I don't get scared. It's more like a trance almost.

Behind the wheel of a standard transportative vehicle, I like to go the speed limit or slightly slower. I really don't want to get a ticket. I mean to say that I was looking for poll choices that express a speed of roughly half that listed. I think the fastest I've ever gone was 48 MPH on a highway. Then again I live on Long Island, New York, where apparently roadways are far more crowded than people imagine.

I literally cannot conceive of going any faster than 55 MPH in any scenario that would allow me the space to do so while on Long Island.

When I'm not on anything that there is a speed limit though, I can and will go as fast as I damn well please. If I could run faster than 22 MPH, I would. I would all the time. That guy powerwalking down the street is too slow for me. I will tie you to a tree so you do not get in my way again.

118MPH (~190KM/H) on the freeway, but my friend saw that cop pretty far in advance, so he only clocked me at 104MPH (~167KM/H)! :muffins:

So, you know, ticket for 39 (~62) over instead of 53 (~85) over. :derp:

I moved a good 40-45 miles(~64-72 KM) before I had to slow down. :muffins:

To the best of my recollection, the fastest I've gone is 95 MPH. Usually in an effort to pass somebody who was going too slow but wanted to speed up when he saw someone was attempting to pass him. Virginia drivers are stupid like that. The highest speed limit in this state is 70 so the fastest I've driven on a consistent basis (not to pass another driver or anything) is 75-80.

This is exactly how I wound up going over 90 mph on a Florida highway, easily the fastest I have ever driven.  I was passing a lady who was going under the speed limit on the highway, and I noticed I wasn't gaining on her.  I was in a Crown Victory with good acceleration so I do what I normally did in that car under these conditions, fully depress the gas pedal and use the car's superior acceleration to overtake the stubborn driver.   Only this time in didn't work.  Got well over 90 before I realized it was no longer necessary to pass this lady, slowed back down to around 75 mph and just watched the lady who was happy going below the speed limit earlier go flying down the road in at speeds in excess of 90 mph.  I to this day do not understand why people are so bothered when I try to overtake them.

Edited by Twilight Dirac
  • Brohoof 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Small Update: I needed to get something from Thomann (some of you may know this shop) on the same day, so I decided to drive there. On those stretches of Autobahn that had no speed limit and little traffic I drove 220Km/h (135MPH), which is the maximum the Mondeo will do. It's a Diesel, so fuel consumption wasn't even too bad. (15L/100KM)

Edited by CloudsdaleCompanion
  • Brohoof 1