• 85-90 MPH / 137-145 KPH
    • 90-95 MPH / 145-153 KPH
    • 95-100 MPH / 153-161 KPH
    • 100-105 MPH / 161-169 KPH
    • 105-110 MPH / 169-177 KPH
    • 110-115 MPH / 177-185 KPH
    • 115-120 MPH / 185-193 KPH
    • 120 + MPH/ 193 + KPH

Small Update: I needed to get something from Thomann (some of you may know this shop) on the same day, so I decided to drive there. On those stretches of Autobahn that had no speed limit and little traffic I drove 220Km/h (135MPH), which is the maximum the Mondeo will do. It's a Diesel, so fuel consumption wasn't even too bad. (15L/100KM)

German Autobahn?

Well, I'm jealous. :okiedokielokie: :please:

Yeah, German Autobahn. I generally find driving in German to be very pleasurable. The roads are all in great condition, there is some nice scenery and little traffic. Speed limits are generous as well (100Km/h on country roads, 50Km/h in cities) and thanks to the Autobahn (no speed limits on most stretches) you can get to places really quickly if you wish to do so. Most drivers are very disciplined and follow the rules, so it's really easy to follow the flow of traffic. Out in the countryside, you can also have plenty of fun driving around forests and fields. (think rally)

Edited by CloudsdaleCompanion

• 1 month later...

Well last night I decided to take a drive at night and it had been a long time I had done so. I love taking drives at night and such it is like the most relaxing thing to me honestly. I had a lot on my mind as well and I needed an escape for a bit. But I took it a bit way too far now that I think about it but last night was a blast. I drove for about 2 hours around our city on the interstate.

Driving a 07' Scion TC wish it was a 5 speed but it is an automatic, great car nonetheless. I managed to top out at 125 for about 10 seconds on a straight a way in a short burst. I have never gone that fast ever and it was a thrill let me tell you. I was not thinking about anything but just lost in music and driving. I averaged around 75-90 mph for the rest of the drive though. I won't be going that fast again though I know I could have gotten in some serious trouble but there is a first for everything. 

It was a great night though makes me want to take more drives at night and relax. 

I was listening to these two songs when I reached 125mph 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STtRT8p6OFI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFN0VRRRQCg

Great driving music I will say that much haha! 

Think I might put a list of different speeds I've hit...

Fastest speed driven on a public road: 145MPH, in a 70 zone. Top speed of my car which has a 2.0L 4cyl

Fastest speed driven in a foreign country: 110 in a 40 zone, down the Mulsanne straight at Le Mans, France. Car had a 1.2L 3cyl

Fastest speed driven whilst towing: 85 in a 70, driving a Ford Transit LWB with a 30 tonne excavator behind it

Fastest speed driven on a race track: 185 in a Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder, with the roof down

Yes driving fast can be stupid, and dangerous, but its addicting too, and so much fun.

About 5 years ago I was on an empty stretch of interstate and got my old Civic to hit its speed limiter, at about 125mph indicated (so somewhere around 120). At least I thought it was the speed limiter, the car just jolted when the speedo showed 125 and it scared the crap out of me so I slowed down.  Still, not too bad for an old economy car.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know the fastest I've gone. My speedometer only went to 85mph and that thing was topped out. Was just keeping up with traffic on the highway one day in my old, lifted, 4wd, 1991 Jeep Comanche I had, it had no problem maxing that speedo out. lol

squirrel_powered-400x400.jpg

Squirrel Powered FTW!

• 4 years later...

I've hit the limiter on my bike for a good bit, topping out at 167mph. The speed limit was 45. I would say "never do it, it's dangerous" As long as it can only effect you, and you know what you're doing, why not?

Spoiler

Another run was only at 122mph in my 1968 Mustang. My drum brakes were in pretty bad shape beforehand so I let off.

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Lucky Bolt said:

I dunno....I think like...100 mph? :dash: Or maybe it was more like 90 mph. 

We did 110 in my car one day.

I've done 147 (in a 1987 Dodge Diplomat) in a performance testing scenario.

1 hour ago, Lucky Bolt said:

1 hour ago, Phosphor said:

I've hit 110mph in my car a couple times.  

In my truck, 85mph. (C6 tranny doesn't have overdrive) ^_^

No overdrive ain't no excuse. Just need different rear end gears. My car has a 2.26 sure grip which is what a lot of land speed record hunters drive.

Edited by Cyclone1066
  • Brohoof 1

The fastest I’ve ever driven was around 95mph. I was in a rental car at the time and was really enjoying the power of it. Normally I can’t go very fast because my little Smart car only allows me to go up to 90 (in Europe they go 100, but the U.S. puts some sort of limitation on the imports). :pout: 

• 4 weeks later...

I think I've hit up to 120 kph once or twice before. It was by accident though, since the fastest roads in my area have a speed limit of 110 kph. Not long ago though, I was a passenger in a car where my friend hit 180 kph. What's even more scary is that the speed limit was 60 kph. :sealed: I'm not sure I want to get a ride from him again.

About 165km/h. I made sure there were no speed cameras in that section of the road. My car can probably go faster, but the carburetor or valves would probably need tweaking or I would need to go downhill to accelerate. But since I do not normally drive that fast, I don't bother.

Edited by Pentium100

It was 90 something mph that's all I remember really. I haven't exactly tried going over 75 mph in my truck yet. I'm sure it easily could though....which gives me ideas. :arethosehands: