Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Equestria Girl Dolls ARE coming!

Fluttashy

(edited)

Well I just seen this on ED and some of you may have too but here is what looks like it might be the final product in the EG doll line. What do you think? Post your rants, complaints, likes, and dislikes here!

null_zpsaaedb01c.jpg

Twilight Sparkle and Sunset Shimmer come in a double pack. I actually don't think Sunset looks that bad but these aren't Monster High competition in any way.

null_zpsbcb2e754.jpg

Applejack has some weird hair going on and looks like she got attacked by cheap spray on tan. I'm not very impressed with her, but I'm anxious to see the other mane 6.

Edited by Twinkleshy
  • Brohoof 3

I saw this coming from the start honestly, it really reminds me of my sister playing with her Barbies and Bratz dolls when we were kids, while I was just playing with my Hot Wheels >.<  I don't really have an issue with it though, I'm definitely not going to buy one of course. I'd much rather buy a T-shirt or something, plus I don't collect or play with dolls lol.

• Brohoof 2

Maybe this whole topic will be moved, there's already one about the toys, asking where they've been at.

(And I posted the link to the EqD post about these here there before)

But now I'll let my "rant" out.

In case these are actually real, Hasbro definitely reached a new minimum of show/movie-accuracy.

Look at them! Super-skinny and disproportional! Everything a feminist needs to rage about the whole thing. Thanks for that, Hasbro. They are everything someone who wants merch because he likes the show/movie will probably avoid, because they don't even look like the characters. And I don't even think little girls will necessarily fall for this. Children that I know and knew have at least some standards. And this is below.

(edited)

To be completely honest, my (likely) biased opinion is that these creep me out.  I'm going to assume because they remind me much of Bratz dolls, which always sort of crept me out, also.  A lot.  But, I'll say that while I'm not completely against this and can provide some level of respect for what's being done (regardless of whether it disappoints me or not, I assume everything is done for a reason?) it's definitely not going at the top of my priority "Must-have" list.  If at all. 

Edited by Amaris NSane
  • Brohoof 1

I would complain but Hasbro gave us a pink Celestia, so I think this is pretty much par for the course when it comes to Hasbro toys (Sunset Shimmer's outfit looks nice though).

Just out of curiosity though, I wonder if the fans will start making their own EqG dolls/plushies of the human designs.  I'd like to see how they come out vs. what Hasbro has.

• Brohoof 1

I'll prolly end up getting these, but I may wait and see if they will have a 2nd wave release seeing as these look pretty basic.  I'm a little disappointed that Apple Jack doesn't even have a real shirt, it's molded on; I hate it when they do that. I like Sunset Shimmer but her outfit doesn't even look like it fits her properly; it may look better in person but I'm thinking I might have to do a little modding when I get these.  I wonder if they'll have anything set up at sdcc...

(edited)

Well........ They don't look AS shitty... I guess.

To be fair they don't look fucking terrifying like the prototypes. 

post-13698-0-45325100-1371311949.jpg

But if I had to say one good thing about the dolls it would probably be... 

post-13698-0-22674400-1371312129.jpg

I... like her..mane? Or Hair...I guess?

Edited by mrbman9001

Well........ They don't look AS shitty... I guess.

To be fair they don't look fucking terrifying like the prototypes.

The designs for the dolls actually are the same. Each doll has the cutie mark tattooed on a cheek. The hair the same. They each carry that same facial gestures. Applejack's (and Pinkie Pie's) doll carries the same pose and clothing. And the anatomy is one-hundred-percent identical. The only difference here is Twilight Sparkle's dress featured in the package is different.

I wrote my response to the dolls' official release and design on Equestria Daily, so I'll paste it here (with some differences):

Unless you're Rays manager Joe Maddon, you likely won't be able to take a lump of crap from the bottomless pit into gold.

Hasbro and its outsourcing can't turn turn this trash into gold, either. The "prototype" dolls are crap; the official dolls are crap.

(edited)

The designs for the dolls actually are the same. Each doll has the cutie mark tattooed on a cheek. The hair the same. They each carry that same facial gestures. Applejack's (and Pinkie Pie's) doll carries the same pose and clothing. And the anatomy is one-hundred-percent identical. The only difference here is Twilight Sparkle's dress featured in the package is different.

I wrote my response to the dolls' official release and design on Equestria Daily, so I'll paste it here (with some differences):

I don't know.. It's just that these dolls look more like official toys to me. The prototypes kind of looked like fake EQG knock-off toys than the real deal.

Edited by mrbman9001

I don't know.. It's just that these dolls look more like official toys to me. The prototypes kind of looked like fake EQG knock-off toys than the real deal.

No, they are the same dolls as the "prototypes" featured on Equestria Daily. The only difference between the prototype and official dolls seen on Equestria Daily is the resolution for each pic.

The prototype's resolution image is very low, and you can see some pixellation along the edges, as if the image was blown up a tad.

The official doll's resolution looks like it was shot from a better quality camera and later reduced to Web-standard size.

(edited)

I saw these yesterday. They don't look that bad honestly. They basically look as I expected them to be. Hasbro is a toy company, they make toys, the movie is a good reason to make toys, if not the reason, so, they make toys. Again, they do not look bad either.

I say this because I still seen people raging about them yesterday where I seen them posted. Yeah, whatever, people, raging, nothing new at this point.

Edited by Kyoshi

I have to say, I for one am excited to see the doll so I can get  clothes for her. I absolutely love the ponies and all, but the human designs provide more opportunities to get or make different types of clothes for them. I honestly bought the Rarity doll as soon as I saw it for sell. I can't wait to create outfits for it!!

Here she is: post-15216-0-15597300-1371336763_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 3

I like Twilight's dress, and that's about it. The accesories look nice.

Also, I find it funny how they put more effort into making human pinkie pie hair crazily curly, than they do the actual pony Pinkie Pie.

4.jpg

I have to say, I for one am excited to see the doll so I can get  clothes for her. I absolutely love the ponies and all, but the human designs provide more opportunities to get or make different types of clothes for them. I honestly bought the Rarity doll as soon as I saw it for sell. I can't wait to create outfits for it!!

Here she is: attachicon.gifRarity doll.jpg

I think Rarity looks the best out of the entire set. You apparently can go ahead and order these but the prices are outrageous. I assume retailers like Walmart and toysrus will get them. They'll probably be $10 a pop.

• Brohoof 1

They're not so bad, but they do look just a little bit too much like Bratz. I'm probably not ever going to buy them, but they could be a lot worse.

I think Rarity looks the best out of the entire set. You apparently can go ahead and order these but the prices are outrageous. I assume retailers like Walmart and toysrus will get them. They'll probably be $10 a pop.

I actually paid almost $25 but that included shipping. It was actually $16.99. Which is about average for a fashion doll like it. Most dolls are about that price.

Wasn't the dolls the only reason this movies is being made anyway ? I  was certain about Doll releases the moment I heard about hte movies itself XD I was like yeap they want to make a new toyline 

Yep. You hit it right on the head. It is frankly naive to think that Hasbro made this because it was a "good idea" or "something the fans will enjoy." Equestria Girls (whether it turns out to be horrible or okay) was made ultimately for toy marketing reasons.

As for that Pinkie Pie....doll...

I actually paid almost $25 but that included shipping. It was actually $16.99. Which is about average for a fashion doll like it. Most dolls are about that price.

Actually I don't think they will be that high once they hit retailers. I could see Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash being $15-$20 a pop because of fashion accessories but the other four would be about $12 each. Bratz dolls are about that much.

I love this dolls but, in a way. I think they are a little creepy, maybe a lot. Whenever dolls come out like example:  High School Musical, One Direction etc. They always come out so creepy.

They always look scary I think, and I was pretty apprehensive about these dolls at first, but I really like them now. I just hope they release them in regular stores soon :/

I knew they were going to release some toys on this at some point so this is no surprise to me, I think they look like crap but then again I wasn't really expecting much as Hasbro really dosen't seem to be trying all that hard in most of its toys for show or in this case movie accuracy. These Applejack and Derpy plushies I have while they are not entirely show accurate look at least close to show accurate but  these look like brats dolls strung out on heroin.