Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Sheogorath

I read this and couldnt help but see my self. I am one of the highest acheevers (though aparently I cant spell, Im from Sweden) In my class, though I prefer keeping intelegence out when I interact. [Dr Braun: edit, snip...] I do act randomly, but its usualy for the benefit of the group im in.

I realise Im not exactly explaining this in a way that makes me seem like Pinky, butt thats just my lack of time to write this on, I dont realy have to much time to formulate everything perfectly.

Haveing that said I have a point on the analysis I would like to bring up. From Pinkys prespective, dose Pinky want evrypony to recognise her genious. When you write about Twiligt explaining Pinkys behaviour as being "just Pinky", you write it as a bad thing. I would see that as a positive thing. Pinky seems to prefer being crazy/wierd/awsome over outsmarting everypony, from that I see being "just Pinky" as a good thing. It recognises Pinky as being unique, and silly and all that aswell, wich, acording to my observations, is one of her goals in life.

You can ignore this next paragraph, its quite unrelated to the topic here.

I'm sorry if this is just a bunch of jibbrish, its 21:00 in sweden, and I've been procrastinateing homework all day. Its not as easy as it seems to get over a habit of procrastinateing boring stuff... and I have a particulary nasty case of lazyness when it comes to things that dont apeal to me as fun. If it was math i would have done it ages ago, but spanish... oh, how I hate it. lete asignements in both Swedish and English and PE dont help either... I'm prety much never done on time, but its usualy perfect when I finaly manage to start working.

Sorry for writeing all that, but im so close to haveing a breakdown... Im gonna try not to go crazy though...

Lol, can't get self to do boring language homework, but would love to do math. Ends up staying up all night. That's totally me.

I have to say, though, I'm really proud of my knowledge of the aerospace field, and never hesitate to say stuff about it, and, I guess It's not nice, really, but I make myelf look smart - almost always for comedic effect, particular to the situation. (For example, you walk in a sunday school classroom to see all kinda crazy complicated stuff on the board. Whaaa!? O.o lol ) Part of the reason is, too, is I think I'm kind of in my own, really amazing wonderful awesome world, the field of aerospace, and I always keep trying to teach people about it so I've got company in the field.

I've had lots of people tell me they feel like they've gotten smarter just knowing me, lol, and really they've all grown to appreciate and enjoy it, at least from what I can tell.

The irony is, I'm much more forward and open about intelligence, but I'm even more clandestine about MLP towards my friends than you are your intelligence. So I guess It's kind of a tradeoff, I mean I guess I can understand.

It's just to me, anyone can understand that someone's interested in something; in this case calculus or aerospace. But, in their minds, MLP is a kids show made for little girls on par with Strawberry Shortcake. I guess I could easily tell them what it's actually changed into, something much better, but I don't think they'd really comprehend...

[...]

Thank you again, and this "dysrationality" mentioned in the article is something I've observed and concluded myself as well. I had not seen it documented yet and since I am not officially a psychologist / therapist despite having read a ton of literacy on the field I have not thought of officially releasing my observations in any established environment, I've done similar study to dozens of other fields of science too in my renaissance man ambitions to know everything about everything that can be known of. Making me perhaps a bit too spread thin in sense of mastery of areas other than artistic expression.

In regards of research and introspection I have slight advantage. My thirst for knowledge goes hand in hand with my information retention, so making inferences and deductions comes somewhat easy. [...]

I believe it's written somewhere that we must get to know eachother (that goes to you, too, Rainbow-Fred Burger) :D To put it into few words, I'm much like yall, albiet not quiet as smart, I'm sure. Hopefully better in my own specialized field, though, aerospace.

I have a huge love for aerospace. I see it as one of the few truly noble, selfless endeavours mankind has endeavoured on, one of the few things that's not just about existing, but thriving as a civilization, all of mankind as a single entity embarking on the grandest endeavour of all time. I plan to really devote my professional life to the field, and already I have a great amount of knowledge on it (though honestly, I could always use a lot more). Haha, I'm no good at starting a conversation, but if you're really thirsty for knowledge I'd be thrilled to explain anything and everything I know about the field.

Anyways, I really meant to say thanks for posting this character analysis. It, and the deviant art pictures it led me to, have really opened my eyes to a whole new layer of depth to all the mane 6 characters. It's because of this that I'll be able to make my fanfic a whole lot more interesting and accurate to the show. It's really been a huge thrill, many thanks! :D

• Brohoof 1

Pencils, I know I'm a little late to the party, but your character analysis has opened my eyes to Pinkie's underlying nature. It all makes sense. She can do what she does because her thought processes are on a whole different, much faster wavelength then the average pony.
  • Brohoof 1

Pencils, this is awesome. Thanks so much for the insight. I know this girl IRL who is just like Pinkie Pie in many ways (especially with her ENFP personality type) so reading about Pinkie Pie was a lot like reading about the girl I know... it's extremely uncanny.

I have a question though... do you think that you'd be able to use MBTI to analyze the other ponies? Pinkie Pie, according to your theory, may be the most misunderstood, but that doesn't mean that people completely understand the rest of them.

I can make analysis, and have made it of all the other main cast too already. But none of them stand out quite as much as Pinkie.

However I will likely post another thread with analysis about Celestia after this season and may do one of Rainbow Dash as my analysis revealed few interesting things about Dashie I still need to overview before making an article, the future episode of Dashie in the hospital will be essential for my analysis.

As chronic and almost compulsive over thinker I have extrapolated a character study of my favourite pony Pinkie Pie.

Brace yourselves if you are actually interested into some TL;DR.

I have assessed that Pinkie pie is the most tragic and misunderstood pony of them all, and here is why:

Pinkie Pie seems to be according to Jungian psychology (and following a theory then expanded and tuned by Myers and Biggs to MBTI) A psychological archetype of ENFP. Many points in her behaviour indicate the cognitive processes of pinkie being not only highly intuitive but also extremely logical contrary to the shallow preconception one can draw from her bubbly nature. It only takes introspection and analysis to truly value and see Pinkies genius in its full scale and intricacy.

To elaborate on that I shall give some examples.

In the very latest episode (S2 E4) Pinkie came in to the festivities dressed as chicken, she had appointed herself to make sure the young fillies will have a fun nightmare night full of memorable spooks and fun running around.

The moment she was exposed to Luna, whom only Pinkie and Twilight actually recognized as harmless and now restored pony, she realized that Luna had certain air to her that made the ponies uneasy and also seemed to cause her (Luna) distress. Pinkie then decided to integrate Luna and her awkward attire into the fun and festivities of the night as the "Villain".

The scenes of pinkie "misunderstanding" Luna were obvious telltale sign that pinkie was NOT afraid of her as she did not react with her usual "laughter" in face of scary, or trying to convert Luna into kindness with peaceful offers of giggles on her expense by the use of silly demeanor.

Rather Pinkie Narrated to the children quickly some scary outlook of the scene and acted in "scared" manner in order to play with the children and give then jollies from running away in panic when there was no harm involved. This in turn made Princess Luna to the children not some "scary" thing who reacts all scarily by shouting and being huffy, but placed Lunas behaviour actually in good light in form of the play and made the children feel that she was participating rather than intimidating.

This means in a short moment pinkie had come up with a long term plan to help Luna to become accepted among the kids and also was having fun doing so.

Once confronted by Twilight who misunderstood Pinkies "chicken" behaviour she was surprised that twilight hadn't seen through the OBVIOUS role she was playing. She even had a clear telltale sign of her role in the evening (chicken costume, a common nickname for a scared coward who runs around panicking). She was simply pulling her role for the sake of everyone and their fun.

See her intellect yet? Well there's MORE!

Another thing I want to address about Pinkie as genius of almost unparalleled scale is the approach she had to Zecora.

Sure, this is where Pinkie was more evidently concerned with Zecora's motivations as she had isolated herself outside of the ponyvillian society and only rarely came to town to share into their hospitable environment. Zecora's withdrawal and practice of alchemical / chemical arts as well as her residence in the wilderness rather than conditioned environment indicated that she might be involved in something dangerous and shady enough to warrant need of secrecy.

Pinkie, lacking data to make observations resorted to caution and likely Zecoras behaviour had given Pinkie the idea that she was not going to welcome approach from anyone. (she came to town, but never seemed to call out people or leave notes for merchants or anything like that) Meaning Pinkie did not want to violate Zecoras projected need for privacy.

In order to enforce the image Zecora was putting on, pinkie had taken it to her task to make sure Zecora was given such peace and initiated propaganda in form of scary songs and tales of Zecora, to make sure other ponies do also respect her wishes. This was erroneous judgment but only one available from the data Zecora had put forth. The fact that Pinkie had this idea of the situation still did not make her reluctant to join the party that decided to confront Zecora after everyone was afflicted by the "joke", she came along in her happy and fearless nature as she knew Zecora likely wasn't a direct threat.

Still advising caution to her peers however.

Other indications of Pinkies genius are her abilities as engineer, making flying devices, having intuitive sense of the future probabilities she "conveys" through twitches that likely are not actually as involuntary as she makes it out to be, rather they are her "smoke and mirrors" to convey her higher level of thinking to more simple ponies. And this brings me to the tragedy of Pinkie:

Pinkie Pie, as misunderstood and underestimated genius, visionary and selfless caring individual often ignored through her own inability to communicate on "normal" level due astronomical I.Q is a background story that made me shed a manly tear of empathy as I arrived to this conclusion.

Pinkie Pie, likely all her life has been exceptionally talented and fast thinking individual, and back in the day, when she was on that rock farm she was severely under-stimulated and depressed as her world had been void of innovation until then, her mind full of thoughts but her family simpleminded farmers could not nurture her abilities.

Upon exposure to the Rainboom she was first time in her life truly intrigued and inspired. She felt joy and was filled with possibilities of entailments. She realized that moment that in life, it was not the money, it was not the hard work, and it was not the achievements of ones life that really mattered.

From first experience of joy and enjoyment it dawned upon her little smart head that in life only one thing truly matters: The joy and enjoyment we bring to our fellow ponies. We live only a single life, we meet people only momentarily in our path from cradle to grave, and it all is so insignificant unless you walk that path smiling and filled with joy, surrounded by friends you love and who love you.

Pinkie, now with perfect philosophy; fortified and driven, she wanted to share her philosophy, her enjoyment and love between everyone she could ever reach. She understood that parties and festivities are the best way to bring ponies together, you offer them good food, enjoyable music and with endorphin released by all that and the bright colours the ponies lower their defenses and open up to each others This leads to communication, they share food, they care for each others opinions enough to debate and converse, they sing, dance and just act all silly / embarrassing in the heat of the moment and realize that nobody is perfect, everyone is allowed to be silly sometimes and we all are alike in our flaws, fears and enjoyments.

So why is this so tragic? Because nobody sees her for what she is! She is not an airhead, she is not "random" she is ingenuously logical! All her selfless behaviour and resources she spends to make people happy is likely why she is stuck living with Mr. And Mrs. Cake, as she selflessly spends all her resources to host parties and buying gifts for her friends. Sure she is not accumulating wealth and aiming for some giant system that would perhaps reach more ponies as charity, but those systems can never have similar degree of influence as personal effort and Pinkie wants to bring maximum joy.

Pinkie is a wonderful pony, intelligent, caring, philanthropic and just all around extraordinary avatar of awesome.

Quite insightful my good sir! Very well researched. Though I'm not a psychology expert, I make an effort to understand at least the basics of Jung's theory. I too have used him to justify my theory posted in "Pony Romance" and my response about Celestia's character in "Shrine of the Sun Goddess." (look them up if your interested and have the time) Though I must say, I've always known Pinkie to be more intelligent than she appears, but I don't think her intuition goes completely unnoticed. In "Swarm of the Century" Twilight and the others admitted they should have listened to her. While her inability to properly communicate her thoughts and points makes her a more complex character, I don't think she's a tragic one. Your theory may very well have been the case up until she met the others, but now she now has friends that make an honest attempt to listen to her. (This might just be me trying my hardest not to picture Pinkie with deep inner sadness.) Of course, the writer in me must give you props! I have been trying to construct "Epic destinies" for the Mane 6, happily ever afters that involve permanent and drastic changes to themeselves and Equestria. You've given me Pinkies'! :lol:

I can make analysis, and have made it of all the other main cast too already. But none of them stand out quite as much as Pinkie.

However I will likely post another thread with analysis about Celestia after this season and may do one of Rainbow Dash as my analysis revealed few interesting things about Dashie I still need to overview before making an article, the future episode of Dashie in the hospital will be essential for my analysis.

:)

I was wondering partly because there is a chart that someone posted on deviantArt with the ponies representing each MBTI personality, and I don't actually agree with all of them. I was wondering if you knew of the picture and if you felt similarly.

• 3 weeks later...

This is more of a character nature and interaction prediction than actual scene I wait to see so it may be left up to some degree of interpretation but here we go: What I expect Pinkie to do, which would confirm her status as genius is to figure out a mystery far before anyone else does, and try to help ponies around her to see it for what it is, in order to save everyone the effort of running after every clue. Proving her deduction and observation abilities both to surpass and completely put in shame those of learned Twilight, fast thinking RBD, the realist Applejack and observant Fluttershy

Called it! Todays episode showed pinkie solving a mystery based on clues she saw!

• Brohoof 3

It's almost like today's episode was written by writers who've just read this thread. I mean -

That scene where she reveals all she knows from mere quick glances at information, her ability to know so much about everypony, she rapidly knew the exact 134 days until someone's birthday, and recall vague information in obscure books that other ponies equines have and piece it all together?

It's not just superhuman superpony memory, it's superpony recollection and ability to piece things together! In other words, genius!

Pinkie Pie's life isn't a tragedy - it's a chicken! :P

I don't think she's really upset. She's found a purpose in life that makes her happy and she lives in the moment and loves every moment. She can't possibly think she's "wasting" her genius - we might think that, because we value things like science and mathematics more than she does, but to her, she's using her life and abilities to do the very best thing there, is in her eyes it's making the people around her smile. A far better use for her abilities, maybe not to us, but to her.

IMO, she'd be best off doing both ;)

But I think she enjoys having fun way too much to really sit down, study like Twilight does, and ponder like what's needed for those technical fields.

Edited by EASA - Dr. Braun

Geniuses require constant stimulation and things to do - which would explain why she's always talking, doing random things and throwing parties with crazy contraptions (which isn't exactly simple to do). Also breaking the 4th wall and the laws of physics! Who else but a genius can do that?

She somehow reminds me of

Posted Image

That scene where she reveals all she knows from mere quick glances at information, her ability to know so much about everypony, she rapidly knew the exact 134 days until someone's birthday, and recall vague information in obscure books that other ponies equines have and piece it all together?

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4ugfCjqlZ4

Edited by Envoy

Has this thread officially reached LEGENDARY

If what you say is true, then it is not a tragedy at all. The illusion would need to be maintained or everything might fall apart.

True or not, this gave me a good laugh! :lol:

• 1 month later...

Sorry to be late to the thread, but I'm new here.

I want to thank Pencils for his (her?) excellent analysis of Pinkie Pie's hidden greatness and the tragedy of her being misunderstood by all around her.

Pinkie is my own favorite pony despite the fact that I'm probably least like her (my pony personality test came out Fluttershy, though I also have aspects of Twilight and Applejack). I must confess that as I watched the episodes in order, at first I found her annoying. I dismissed her as one of those "loopy" characters every series has to have (like Radical Edward in "Cowboy Bebop"). But then something happened that caused me to take her to my heart.

Like every brony, I endured the initiation ritual of reading "Cupcakes," and (while I don't begrudge any writer his artistic vision), it hurt me to see her treated like that. But the story wasn't the only problem. For a while there Pinkie was completely subsumed into her "Cupcakes" personality. Every pic of Pinkie, every video, had a zillion comments from people referencing that story. And many people said that they could see canon Pinkie--the "real" Pinkie--as being capable of exactly that. I thought that was terribly uncalled for.

But then even more stories showed up. And often it wasn't enough for Pinkie to be a dangerous psychopath; now she was often given supernatural powers and turned into a horror that couldn't be escaped. She "haunted" other ponies. She appeared in mirrors. She did all manner of terrible things.

Now it's true that in the series Pinkie manifests genuinely bizarre, unexplained, and absolutely unique powers that belong to apparently no other pony (perhaps not even the princesses). She did actually appear in a mirror in "Green Isn't Your Color." She often appears to be everywhere. She sometimes appears to be floating in the air and has even been two places at once. We saw from Rainbow Dash's attempt to escape her in "Party of One" that this is impossible. And of course, ever since she addressed the audience at the end of "Over a Barrel" she's been considered the pony most likely to break the fourth wall and actually visit us. (Note that I haven't even mentioned the "Pinkie sense" which is tame compared to this other stuff).

Now the actual reason for these "powers" is that Pinkie is the series' explicit cartoon character, and all these things are common properties of cartoon characters. But I believe that the combination of these "powers" in the show and her personality as the fun-loving party pony has morphed her in the minds of some people into one of the most terrifying memes of the modern world: The Evil Clown.

According to Wikipedia, the "Evil Clown" is a modern trope unknown until relatively recent times (they refer to John Wayne as the origin, though I think it goes deeper than that). Nevertheless the examples of "evil clown" are now numerous: from the old World Wrestling Federation (Doink) to Batman's Joker to Ben 10, evil clowns are everywhere. And no evil clown is more terrifying than Pennywise.

I watched the 1990 TV movie of Stephen King's 'IT!' back in November of 1990 when it first aired (I've never read the book), and I have never been so scared in my life. I admit it! There are few things more twisted, more sickening, and more terrifying than a practically omnipotent monster that uses its supernatural powers to murder children, the most vulnerable and innocent segment of the population--and to do so in the guise of a clown. I confess that I was afraid of clowns for a while myself after seeing that show. (Its turning out to be a giant spider was a big disappointment. Yeah, clowns are scary, but spiders are adorable.)

I think this is what Pinkie has become the victim of. Her balloon cutie mark ("They all float!"), her chronically happy and childlike attitude, and the "powers" the writers give her as a joke have all come back to bite her.

For a while there it looked as if Pinkie was going morph permanently into Evil Pinkie in the eyes of the fandom. Every Pinkie-centered fic seemed based on it somehow. And I honestly believe that this picture of Pinkie is one reason she was so little seen in the first half of season 2 (I mean, in season 1 she was everywhere) then suddenly when the other five are in scene she's missing). But now this appears to be passing. She's showing up more, being more awesome than ever ("The Last Roundup" was the best episode ever, "A Friend in Deed" wasn't far behind, and Madam Pinke was a work of art). So it looks now that maybe people are going to quite absorbing Canon Pinkie into Cupcakes Pinkie, and people are remembering what she's really like. I know now that when you see a Pinkie fic she's just as likely to be her lovable self as a a psycho, and I'm glad of it.

So because of the way she was being treated, I sort of adopted Pinkie as My Pony, and feel very protective of her. If she were to break the fourth wall and spring from my computer or TV screen into my home, I know that I would trust her implicitly.

And even if she were an all-but-omnipotent extra-dimensional being whose true essence resided as a series of flashing lights outside the universe, I'm sure she would only use her powers for good!

(Sorry for the long post. Hope I haven't made fool of myself, but I wanted to post my thoughts on Pinkie. Thanks again, Pencils!)

• Brohoof 4

^^ AAAARRGGHHH different font hurts my eyes :(:P

But I do think this is an excellent thought. Even if it is a little....over-thought. Even if we're bronies, they are making the show for little kids. Of course, the characters are so deep and amazing that a little kid couldn't understand them, but still....I don't think the producers would put THAT much thought into it.

But I do think this is an excellent thought. Even if it is a little....over-thought. Even if we're bronies, they are making the show for little kids. Of course, the characters are so deep and amazing that a little kid couldn't understand them, but still....I don't think the producers would put THAT much thought into it.

Amy Keating Rogers has actually stated just recently in an interview that Lauren Faust wrote the characters really deep, and that depth is why she enjoyed writing the ponies. http://www.mlponies.com/2012/03/24/amy-keating-rogers-interview/#more-52

In a sense my analysis is based on true depth of the character that is Pinkie Pie, I didn't just decide to make a long ass character study on random character, I saw intriguing and unusual depth to her character, and instead of stereotyping the character for the target audience I gave Pinkie unbiased analysis looking deeper into her portrayal in the show.

If you underestimate the medium by the target demographic you do a massive disservice to Lauren Faust's vision and effort she put into these characters. Instead keep open mind and open your eyes, see these characters as works of passion and respect for the audience that Lauren Faust has.

• Brohoof 4

Amy Keating Rogers has actually stated just recently in an interview that Lauren Faust wrote the characters really deep, and that depth is why she enjoyed writing the ponies. http://www.mlponies....erview/#more-52

In a sense my analysis is based on true depth of the character that is Pinkie Pie, I didn't just decide to make a long ass character study on random character, I saw intriguing and unusual depth to her character, and instead of stereotyping the character for the target audience I gave Pinkie unbiased analysis looking deeper into her portrayal in the show.

If you underestimate the medium by the target demographic you do a massive disservice to Lauren Faust's vision and effort she put into these characters. Instead keep open mind and open your eyes, see these characters as works of passion and respect for the audience that Lauren Faust has.

Touche. Now I feel bad. :(

But I do hope we can all agree that Lauren Faust, by making these characters, proves to be 10 times the genius Pinkie will ever be. :)

Edited by ynomir50

Sorry. I won't do it any more. I have a preference for Times New Roman. (Please be patient with me; I'm just a blank flank.)

The only thing the writers put into Pinkie's character was her cartoony powers as a joke. It was the fans who twisted her into a monster. I can't help but think that the writers noticed, and I honestly think she was being downplayed for a while this season.

Again, her "powers" are merely cartoon character powers meant to entertain the audience. They can't intefere with the plot in any way. For example, when Dash or Cranky are trying to get away from her, she's everywhere. If she's actually in danger (as from the Hydra in "Feeling Pinkie Keen") she has to be rescued by Twilight. Her "powers" are a joke, nothing more.

• Brohoof 1

Pencils this is one amazing analysis. You have, in my opinion, definitely uncovered a whole new depth of her personality. Many of the facts you give in this analysis seems plausible, many of them already proven by newer episodes. In terms of her being a genius, there is no longer any doubt at all for me. She is definitely the smartest head in Equestria by far, if you count out the immortal and ever learning possibility of the Alicorns.

Things that will become really interesting will be the next Pinkie Pie episode where she will play Sherlock Holmes in a quest to uncover who had taken a bite of her cake as they are traveling to the contest. I am sorry if this contains spoilers, but it is definitely a good idea to keep in mind what you have told us in this analysis when seeing this episode. I am content that Pinkie will play one heck of a Sherlock in this mystery.

One more proof to her unquestionable intellect must be her part of the future Twilight episode. It is my guess that she have easily uncovered the whole deal about Twilight going back in time to warn herself from fuzzing out about, but have chosen not to tell Twilight as it would twist and turn the arrows of time because it would create a new timeline or simply create a paradox if Twilight did NOT go back to make herself go back another time. Seeing as Twilight did go back, Pinkie must have known that if she had told Twilight not to go back that would change course of history and therefor have some serious consequences. She also knew that Twilight needed this to happen to learn the important lesson.

Another proof would be the Crazy Doodle Donkey episode. The whole intro is basically Pinkie Pie showing amazing musical ability as she sings and makes the whole town happy throughout the song. She is a loved pony because she is mentally able to adapt to any personality she meets in town and can therefor stay loved by all the citizens of Ponyville. When she met CDD, as I want to call him for short. She was fuzzed over not being able to adapt to his depressive nature, because she was used to other ponies usually being happy. When she discovers this she immediately sets to work to learn all she can about why he's depressed and in the end, using her genius, she finds his long lost love, Matilda.

In this episode she once again proves her ability to learn and remember new information, she is able to remember the birthday of several ponies/zebras/donkeys as she walks through town. She can remember that Roseluck have that flower competition. Once again proving her intellectual abilities.

In the Iron Will episode she once again proves the speed of which her mind works. She in able to mentally outsmart the salespony by simply working faster than him mentally, she also does this with Iron Will. She outsmarts him, knowing exactly when to change the time for them to meet.

In "Super Speedy Cider Squeezy" she once again outsmarts other ponies as she present her idea by going to camp in the line for the cider. She knows that this will ensure her the ability to buy as much cider as she desires. It may have meant that Rainbow Dash didn't get any cider at this point, but she could never have predicted that, now knowing when Rainbow would wake and when she would step in line, also by not knowing exactly how much cider was available. It was also Pinkie Pie that gave Rainbow Dash her long wanted cup of cider as she saw how sad it made Dashie to not get any, thereby sacrificing her own cup to make Dashie happy.

It is amazing to see how many other ponies on this forum is as interested as I am in the personality of the ponies, and I agree completely that Pinkie have the deepest personality by far. I hope this is a nice little contribution to the analysis of Pinkie's person.

Edited by Inkfeather
  • Brohoof 7

Yes! I can't believe I didn't see this thread earlier. I always knew Pinkie was much smarter than she tends to let on. There are enough instances that I'm sure it's intentional (at least to some extent, even if she's not the next Einstein). Her intelligence isn't important to her because she just needs to share some cheer with her friends.

I don't know if I view it as tragic. She's certainly happy, and it's a bit comforting to think a genius discovered that the meaning of life is to have fun.

The writers wrote the script with all of this in mind... They are the true geniuses. :P

This thread is well thought out, and brilliantly written. It is indeed a true, in depth look into the character that is Pinkie Pie. Not many would actually take the time to look into a character's true depth. I am quite impressed.