Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Equestria Girls

iLegovideo

Equestria Girls  

9 users have voted

1. 1. Rate the film

• Flash Sentry steals your waifu - Hated it!
    • "... needs some peanut butter crackers." - Disliked it
    • "What are hands?" - Meh it was okay.
    • "Those are my girls! Woo-hoo!" - Liked it
    • "We helped Twilight win the crown!" - Loved it!

the_mane_6_in_equestria_girls_poster__by

Hey, guys. As most of us know, Equestria Girls has come out today and I thought I would like to do a review on it. I must warn you that there are spoilers. 

Tell me what you think. 

~David

EQG.jpg

• Brohoof 16

This is good to know! I'm glad to hear that Equestria Girls isn't absolutely horrible, like some of us predicted. As for the content of your review, it was a bit short, but concise, and managed to tell others what they need to decide whether or not to watch the movie without giving too many spoilers. Thank you for writing this.

• Brohoof 5

(edited)

Please excuse the title, but I would like to know whether you like Equestria Girls or not. I looked on Wikipedia and the reception wasn't pleasing. But I like MLP no matter what crap they, because we will always have the show itself. So, with that said, do you all, after watching this movie love it or hate it.

If you do hate it, that's fine :)

Edited by Princess HarmonyStar

Good to hear, a bit short... but I will probably watch it after reading this.

That is my opinion, and of course I can understand that certain people will still be mad at Hasbro, or will hate on this movie just because they can... I don´t know, I don´t care.

As we say over here: "Das ist nicht mein Bier" = "That ain´t my beer" = ain´t something of my business xD.

That movie surely won´t ruin the show, the fandom or something, if it does for you that´s sad... and, again, your personal thing.

• Brohoof 2

I was the last person in my city to get a ticket to see this movie.

Considering how many people are butthurt beverly about the movie, I'm glad that the movie has proved you ALL wrong.

I went in with low expectations, considering all the negative feelings surrounding it.
First of all, the movie was funny as hell, don't let that fool you.  It was extremely funny, and charming to see just what they did with all the background characters of the normal show.  Almost every single pony was in the movie.  Including Granny Smith.  Kudos to that.

First thing tI noticed was that, yes, Twilight was rather clumsy on her feet throughout the movie.  That's to be expected.  All you people who are crying because it's a typical storyline...well it isn't, really.  Yes, it's predictable that it goes to Point A to point B in a rather typical fashion, but hell, the journey was a wild one.  Just like the original show, there are mini plot-twists, and side stories that just make it such a colorful ride.

There were parts of that movie I never would have imagined.  Just like we saw in Season 2, they did a GREAT JOB at portraying the evil villain.  Kudos to that.

1.  The animation sucks!!
    Well, no it really doesn't.  It's the same people who made the original show, stop nit-picking.  It's just a different style.

2.  The characters are boring!
  Not really, I think that the way they portrayed each character in a humanized roll was simply brilliant.  They managed to keep things canon while maintaining good humor and realism.

3.  TRANSFORMERS REFERENCES!!!
  Always a good thing.

The show managed (as usual) to keep a good balance between reaching out to the original demographic of the series, as well as the unexpected crowd as well.

The ending was a little cheese, but that's totally to be expected with a movie like this.  You can't even complain about that.

All in all, the most annoying part of the movie, was that the people in the theatre wouldn't stop geeking out over every little thing.  I found myself shushing both of my neighbors at one point, because they were talking out loud about how they thought the movie was so good.  
I only wish the level of maturity in the theatre was higher, I did not enjoy people yelling and clapping when a new familiar face showed up, AKA cherilee or Granny Smith.  Shame on you.

If you haven't seen it, quit smashing the movie because you hated the goddamn trailers.  I'm so sick of your hypocrisy, brony fandom.  The amount of content the trailers ACTUALLY show is like, such a small fractal of what the movie is actually about.
Get off your ass and go see it.  I'm glad I did.

Movie: 8.5/10
Audience in the theatre: 3/10.  Ruined the atmosphere, grow up a little bit.

GO SEE IT NOW!

• Brohoof 20

Could of swore that this movie was going to be the end of FiM as we know it....Could of swore it was worthy of sending death threats to DHX........Could of swore....that the fandom overreacted....Oh wait, it did.

Sounds about right really. The review that is. I knew that it wasn't going to be bad. Really, it sounds good. If I could see it, I would. I will have to wait for that though.

Not much else to say.

• Brohoof 3

This is good to know! I'm glad to hear that Equestria Girls isn't absolutely horrible, like some of us predicted. As for the content of your review, it was a bit short, but concise, and managed to tell others what they need to decide whether or not to watch the movie without giving too many spoilers. Thank you for writing this.

Yeah, I didn't have high expectations at first, but it is full of references. There was not a minute where I wasn't engaged. 

Good to hear, a bit short... but I will probably watch it after reading this.

That is my opinion, and of course I can understand that certain people will still be mad at Hasbro, or will hate on this movie just because they can... I don´t know, I don´t care.

As we say over here: "Das ist nicht mein Bier" = "That ain´t my beer" = ain´t something of my business xD.

That movie surely won´t ruin the show, the fandom or something, if it does for you that´s sad... and, again, your personal thing.

Well, any change on any fandom will spark a discussion and people will hate. The movie has not ruined the fandom. The movie has ADDED to the fandom. Hey, we all signed up for this. That means we are all a part of the changes.

Considering how many people are butthurt beverly about the movie, I'm glad that the movie has proved you haters wrong.

I went in with low expectations, considering all the negative feelings surrounding it.

First of all, the movie was funny as hell, don't let that fool you.  It was extremely funny, and charming to see just what they did with all the background characters of the normal show.  Almost every single pony was in the movie.  Including Granny Smith.  Kudos to that.

First thing I noticed was that, yes, Twilight was rather clumsy on her feet throughout the movie.  That's to be expected.  All you people who are crying because it's a typical storyline...well it isn't, really.  Yes, it's predictable that it goes to Point A to point B in a rather typical fashion, but hell, the journey was a wild one.  Just like the original show, there are mini plot-twists, and side stories that just make it such a colorful ride.

There were parts of that movie I never would have imagined.  Just like we saw in Season 2, they did a GREAT JOB at portraying the evil villain.  Kudos to that.

1.  The animation sucks!!

Well, no it really doesn't.  It's the same people who made the original show, stop nit-picking.  It's just a different style.

2.  The characters are boring!

Not really, I think that the way they portrayed each character in a humanized roll was simply brilliant.  They managed to keep things canon while maintaining good humor and realism.

3.  TRANSFORMERS REFERENCES!!!

Always a good thing.

All in all, the most annoying part of the movie, was that the people in the theatre wouldn't stop geeking out over every little thing.  I found myself shushing both of my neighbors at one point, because they were talking out loud about how they thought the movie was so good.  

If you haven't seen it, quit smashing the movie because you hated the goddamn trailers.  I'm so sick of your hypocrisy, brony fandom.  The amount of content the trailers ACTUALLY show is like, such a small fractal of what the movie is actually about.

Get off your ass and go see it.  I'm glad I did.

When I first saw the trailer, I was worried, but since I knew that it was made by the same guys, I bought my ticket right away. We are all in this together to end and to the new beginnings. This is one of those new beginnings. We signed up for this. Chances are, it will be good. In fact, it was. At this point, I wouldn't mind if they made a whole different TV show. 

Could of swore that this movie was going to be the end of FiM as we know it....Could of swore it was worthy of sending death threats to DHX........Could of swore....that the fandom overreacted....Oh wait, it did.

Sounds about right really. The review that is. I knew that it wasn't going to be bad. Really, it sounds good. If I could see it, I would. I will have to wait for that though.

Not much else to say.

Lol, it's kind of ironic, really. A few months ago, I was ranting about all this saying that "THESE ARE MY LITTLE PONIES" and all that. Now, I'm saying "THIS. IS. AWESOME." 

Sounds like the fandom has to eat a bowl of cereal now. Or something like that. It sounds great. It sounds like what I expected it to be. Too bad there is not a single theater within 100 miles of me that is showing it, according to Flixster. I guess I will have to wait. Given that Twilicorn is obviously in the film, that might not be a bad thing. Such a tease for season 4. :P

• Brohoof 3

It's also very much a tween girl/ little girl movie, so I wouldn't expect mainstream reviews of it from people who aren't aware that bronies exist to give it glowing praise (unless it was remarkably good). I'm mainly interested in how the brony fandom is reviewing it.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

If this movie ever shows in Serbia, I gotta see it.

#1 excuse to watch EQG: bring your little sister and say she wanted to watch it.

Unless somebody got a pre release DVD you may not find it till the DVD release in August. Let us know if you find it. Good luck in your search.

Edited by Full Spectrum

(edited)

I wouldn't say that I "love it" but i would use the term "like it"

It had it's good moments and was overall a pretty good movie.

In fact I have trouble finding much wrong with it except for it's length and it got to be a little cliche.

Edited by NocturnalRainbow
  • Brohoof 2

Please excuse the title, but I would like to know whether you like Equestria Girls or not. I looked on Wikipedia and the reception wasn't pleasing. But I like MLP no matter what crap they, because we will always have the show itself. So, with that said, do you all, after watching this movie love it or hate it.

If you do hate it, that's fine smile.png

attachicon.gifEQG.jpg

Hey, guys. As most of us know, Equestria Girls has come out today and I thought I would like to do a review on it. I must warn you that there are spoilers. 

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1wjVjcYPSrAEyQrowkUF0OJX8TJGuoN8uhhYykyrVP6c/edit?usp=sharing

Tell me what you think. 

~David

As to try and bring some form of order to this section, I think a pinned thread for people's reviews and immediate thoughts about the movie is better than an inevitable 50 separate review threads :) I've merged your three together, and hope to see more joining in on the discussion soon.

I really want to see this now!!! I already looked online to see if there are any theatres nearby that I could see it at, and until June 22, the closest one to me is 205 miles away. blink.png  Sorry Equestria Girls, I am not going that far to see you. happy.png The other main problem is that my parents would have to take me, and I really don't fancy asking my dad, "Hey, could we go see My Pony: Equestria Girls?" Yeah, no. Not asking that anytime soon. Maybe I could make an excuse, like go see Man Of Steel in the next few days, then on June 22, say, "I wanna see a movie! Ehhhh... none of these look interesting. Let's go see the one called... Equestria Girls." That would work, right? Right?

Also, was Discord in it? At all? Actually... don't tell me. I want to find out when I see it. That way, I won't be disappointed before I see it!wink.png

(edited)

first, i did not like the idea of this movie, for me the idea of having the mane six and others as anthro people/ creatures is unsettling. But i put my bias aside to watch this movie, i was quite content on absolutely hating this movie, but in all its ironic (double the irony (and 20% more irony)) i really really hate to say it I ACTUALLY LIKED LIKED THIS MOVIE.. i hate hate hate myself for liking it, the animation looked like it was tweened so awkwardly, and the weight of the characters seemed a bit off as well, but with all the animation nerd things aside, every other aspect of this movie i thoroughly enjoyed, im definitely buying this!! Anypony else surprised by this?

---edit--- spelling

Edited by the_jetfighter
  • Brohoof 1

Glad you liked it good sir!

I'm glad that after all the hate that was going on towards this movie, a lot has changed since then.

Just one question, and this will be spoilers but I can't resist asking...

What happened towards twilight and "brad"?

I wouldn't say "love it" but i would use the term "like it"

It had it's good moments and was overall a pretty good movie.

In fact I have trouble finding much wrong with it except for it's length and it got to be a little cliche.

I just got back, and this was pretty  much my reaction too. I am an adult, and the whole "tween/teen has to find herself and do what's right" needs to be pretty fantastically presented to not be a little dull for me. It was good. Not great.

Also, if you want to see everyone's favourite google-eyed pony, wait until the end!

I looked up a site with show times and apparently in my area they're gonna show it again on the 22nd. Don't know what time but I'll try to see it.

I don't want to give away any spoilers, and I don't know how to use spoilers anyways.

Yes, they made Celestia the principle WHO WOULD HAVE GUESSED?!?!?

Nothing really happens with Twi and Brad.About as much as a little girls show would allow.

I didn't see her, neither did anyone else in the theatre, but apparently Derpy IS in there somewhere, according to Amethyst.  So keep your eyes open.

I thought the movie was pretty amazing. I mean the humor was there and top notch, the songs were extremely catchy, and there was so much fan pandering. The only thing I didn't like was some parts with Flash Sentry seemed a bit predictable. I'm not gonna spoil anything  but if you're gonna see it, make sure to stay for the credits, just saying.

• Brohoof 1

THE MOVIE WAS SO AWESOME

Will update this as I go

BRAD SPOILERS BEGIN

Brad is actually a new guard that Cadance hired in the Crystal Empire /)^3^(\

The guy's name is actually Flash Sentry.

• Brohoof 2