Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Equestria Girls

iLegovideo

Equestria Girls  

9 users have voted

1. 1. Rate the film

• Flash Sentry steals your waifu - Hated it!
    • "... needs some peanut butter crackers." - Disliked it
    • "What are hands?" - Meh it was okay.
    • "Those are my girls! Woo-hoo!" - Liked it
    • "We helped Twilight win the crown!" - Loved it!

I was actually pretty open minded about the movie the entire time.  I'm happy to say I wasn't disappointed.  It was an absolutely terrific movie.  Obviously I like the pony versions more because that's what brought me into the series, but it was still pretty good.  Glad to see you enjoyed it ^^

• Brohoof 1

We all thought it was going to be bad. Personally I thought it would be a bomb so big it would make a nuclear holocaust look like a fire cracker. But it was actually good. Oh it had problems, but if you can get past them it really comes out pretty nicely.

I loved this movie! I thought it was just as great as the tv show. I think they kept true to keeping it interesting for all age groups with humor storyline etc. I'm not sure why everyone was so against it. The best part about my experience with the movie was I understood the mane six just a little bit better. I have a better understanding and love for Rarity that I just never had watching the show. I loved how they incorporated Big Mac and Trixie and characters like that. I just thought it was very entertaining and tastefully done.

Personally, I was pleasantly surpsrised. Big time.

I was honestly expecting it to be cheesy and awkward like literally every other cartoon interpretation of high school, but this actually pulled it off. All in all, I thought it was great.

Plus the Trixie cameo made me fanboy squee.

I can't say I didn't like Equestria Girls. Like everypony is saying it wasn't all that bad. But there was some parts I just didn't like. Example is the part where they digivolve. At least that what I think what happen.

so, before i was a brony, i thought the show was girly. as most people, i stereotyped it with the G3 stuff. after awhile, and bribery, i decided to give it a shot. i loved it. fast forward a bunch. i hear about this movie thing. i have the same reaction: "ugh, it's just going to be something lame and girly." after a few weeks (or was it months?) i realize "hey, you do remember you felt this EXACT SAME WAY towards the show itself just a year and a half ago, RIGHT?" "...oh yeah" so i decided to give it a shot. this is a brief summary of my reaction after the movie was over:  :o  ^_^  :wub:  :muffins:  didn't see much wrong with it. and the song in the cafeteria? SO...CATCHY!!! so yeah, if this were a rating thing, i'd give it a 4.5/5, since i believe that pretty much everything can get better and they dont allow quarters...i dont think. if they do, 4.75/5. basically, pretty darn awesome.  B)

I'm going to give some positive, neutral and negative feedback on EG. I enjoyed the movie a lot first of all, and I highly recommend buying it like I am in a few days. Here's my opinions:

Positives:

+Animation was great

+Characters were oh so sexy xD

+Story was good

+It was humorous

+Appealing to all genders and ages

+Overall a great movie

+Songs were very catchy

Neutrals:

+-Didn't really understand what Sunset Shimmer turned into at the end or why

Negatives:

-Didn't like how spike was a dog instead of a human

-Flash and twilight's relationship was weird, it's not like twilight to fall in love

-Personalities of a few characters were a bit off

These are just my opinions, what are yours?

I'm going to give some positive, neutral and negative feedback on EG. I enjoyed the movie a lot first of all, and I highly recommend buying it like I am in a few days. Here's my opinions:

Positives:

+Animation was great

+Characters were oh so sexy xD

+Story was good

+It was humorous

+Appealing to all genders and ages

+Overall a great movie

+Songs were very catchy

Neutrals:

+-Didn't really understand what Sunset Shimmer turned into at the end or why

Negatives:

-Didn't like how spike was a dog instead of a human

-Flash and twilight's relationship was weird, it's not like twilight to fall in love

-Personalities of a few characters were a bit off

These are just my opinions, what are yours?

Hello! Your topic closely resembles an earlier one, so I've merged your post with it. In the future, please use the search function before creating a new topic. Thanks! 

Alot of people says that is bad and stuff like that, but I think that i was a great movie, but I can agree with some of it was bad but still a great movie.

I re-watched it on youtube and I had the Automatic Captions on and I found out some secrets about fluttershy

post-18532-0-34295900-1375875453_thumb.png

• Brohoof 1

It was a great movie. Very charming, funny, and just plain fun. It didn't lose any of the key aspects from the show.  The characters were just as great, interesting, and charming as they are in the show.

The designs for the girls looked fantastic. They pulled them off terrifically. However, my only design issue throughout the whole movie were the designs for Princess Celestia and Princess Luna. They just looked awful, and really did them no justice. Other than that, it was just fine. It still had the top notch art and animation the tv show does.

The plot was interesting and fun and something that was really risky. Which I have to respect them for doing that. I mean, if  pulled off poorly, it could've ruined the series. Luckily it was just the opposite.

The little romantic sub-plot between Twilight and Sentry was never over-bearing and never stepped in when it wasn't needed. I was actually a little nervous about that before watching. 

The music was catchy and the messages were just as good as always. Really liked the opening credits song and the cafeteria song.

All in all, a great movie. But of course, is not without faults.

I give My Little Pony: Equestria Girls a 8.9 out of 10.I recommend it to any pony fan who wants to see the magic of My Little Pony to continue in an amazing and fun adventure.

Howdy folks!

I give the movie 2 Thumbs up B)

The music was awsome sauce.

Daniel Ingram is a genius when it comes to the music to the MLP series & the movie.

Went to the screening of the movie at SDCC at the nearby movie theater and it wasnt a letdown.

Afterward went back to the con and purchased the EG Movie at the SHOUT Factory booth.

Every fan says it was gonna be a turkey when Hasbro announced the movie some months ago.

But to me its was quite entertaining. ^_^

I say give it a chance once Hub airs the movie next month or give it a Netflix rental.

See ya!

While not quite great, I nevertheless loved it. I've watched it several times now and it was worth every cent I spent on it. Just as much love and care went into this film as any episode- which is not to say it's the best episode, but rather that it's fully deserving of being called My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.  

Bravo DHX Media! Bravo Megan McCarthy! Bravo everyone who made this!

Edited by ByTheTides

I just finished watching it for the first time. Success! Hasbro made a winner! My expectations were destroyed! I expected it to be good but this was amazing! 

I'll probably watch it 3 more times and post a real review and thoughts, but for now my happiness levels are at maximum capacity! 

Also, muffins  :muffins: 

Well BronyCurious is going to post his Equestria Girls review soon and from what he's put on his Tumblr, HE DIDN'T LIKE IT SO MUCH! You should watch the video when it comes out cause I really am curious to see what he disliked about it so much. Sure it has its flaws, but they're minor and the overall movie was great and enjoyable!! :lol:

Well, one of those persons would be me. I have watched the whole thing, but I simply don't like it.

Main things why is the (even for a movie meant for well - young children) extremely simple plot, the artstyle (as in the design of.. whatever creature they're supposed to look like in the movie because it certainly doesn't look human.

In the end I would give it a 6/10, and I'm being generous with that.

• Brohoof 2

*raises hand*

But I needed some time to come to my final opinion. I hated it in the beginning, liked it then and now I dislike it in a very shallow way.

All in all it disappointed me because I think it's so mediocre that it's rediculous. And it made me, along with a few other things, start to doubt in McCarthy.

Don't get me wrong, she wrote some of my favorite episodes like "Lesson Zero" and "A Canterlot Wedding", but after that movie, I think I know what kind of writer she is and I don't like what I see because it was the movie's fault to make me see it.

The movie was bad paced and all the shoutouts and references, combined with forced plotlines and plot-devices, are not a sign of quality in my opinion because it's anything but creative. I'm okay with things that were already used in other movies and shows if they are new in a specific show (or movie in this case, no matter if canon or not) and well introduced. But using many ideas that already have been used in the show itself and messing up the "new" things is nothing I can consider as actually good.

Of course, there were a few things I liked, too. The jokes for example. But that's not enough for me to compensate the bad things that I see.

• Brohoof 3

It was as good for being an idea nobody thought it could work could be.

Most things that make me want to hate it are routed in principle not the quality of the show itself.

It was fun. Happy I watched it. No rush to see more of it though. More pony.

Ok here is the thing how I see it.

The show ( or  the movie in this case) isn't made for us. It can't be super advanced with complex plot lines like posters above me want it to be. It's still a show for younger crowds, and we are just sort of "Guests" here. You can like it, or you can criticize every little mistake, even though it's not even a mistake to children who the show is actually made for, but you can't expect it to be the way you want it to be because it's just not supposed to.

And it made me, along with a few other things, start to doubt in McCarthy.

Me too, at the beginning i thought that she was good, but from season 3 im starting to think that she is not that good at writing villains.

Chrysalis was an idiot who mocked the same power that allowed her to win and totally didn't jack to try to stop the good guys, she killed Sombra, one of the few villains that was actually acted without mercy and was actually smart, and could have been used like the definitive villain of the show. And then she comes out with Sunset Shimmer, wich i and other already stated why she sucks at being the villain.

The movie was bad paced and all the shoutouts and references, combined with forced plotlines and plot-devices, are not a sign of quality in my opinion because it's anything but creative. I'm okay with things that were already used in other movies and shows if they are new in a specific show (or movie in this case, no matter if canon or not) and well introduced. But using many ideas that already have been used in the show itself and messing up the "new" things is nothing I can consider as actually good.

Of course, there were a few things I liked, too. The jokes for example. But that's not enough for me to compensate the bad things that I see.

Forced and rushed, just how i think it is. And yes, only because it have funny moments it dosen't make it good, exactly why i think that the most of Merriwether Williams episode sucks.

• Brohoof 2

Yo, nope I didn't like it. I was expecting an interesting twist on the high school setting like Meghan did with A Canterlot Wedding but I am very disappointing with the movie.

I don't watch MLP for cliche high school plots I watch it because of the stories of the episodes and the adventures that they go on. This movie takes all the things I love about the show (except for the characters) and throws it out the window.

I could go on but I've talk about this movie too much I'll just say that I was expecting MLP but I got High School instead.

Oh and there are actually a lot of bronies that didn't like this movie you just have to go looking for them.

• Brohoof 1

The only way for me to genuinely like Equestria Girls is to take the dial embedded in my brain and turn it off. There was so much bullshit in that movie (and plenty of them were major flaws), I couldn't like it even if I tried. Some include:

1. The pace was off throughout, including in smaller scenes. This was a seventy-minute film designed to have Twilight adapt in both a new environment and a different being. This adapting doesn't take one day. It takes a long time to adapt to a new environment, and after one day, her adaption was almost complete.
  2. Two-dimensional characterization of Fluttershy, Applejack, Rainbow Dash, and Rarity. They were in character most of the time, good characterization deals with being both in character and three-dimensional — in other words, unpredictable. Each time they spoke, I was able to predict what they were about to say, a stark contrast from Twilight, Pinkie Pie, and Spike.
  3. The breakup of the Human Five made no sense. A simple discussion after all of those fake messages would've prevented them from ending their friendship and make that conference with Twilight pointless.
  4. Snips and Snails are EXTREMELY OOC. In the Pony-verse, they're not smart, but innocent. In EQG, they're stupid and evil. An Alternate Universe doesn't excuse taking established characters from the mirrored dimension and mangling them into someones they're not.
  5. The interrogation scene was completely pointless and turned Luna into an out-of-character moron. Any competent (Vice) Principal would recognize how Twilight's pose was snipped and glued onto another picture, and paper has noticeable texture. If she noticed the obvious gluing and texture to begin with, Luna would've called off the interrogation and put Sunset Shimmer, Snips, and Snails into a world of trouble.
  6. Speaking of Sunset Shimmer, she sucks as a character. By association, she sucks as a villain, too. What was supposed to be a proud, greedy, stubborn, manipulative, intelligent villain was completely stupid and pointless, completely opposite of what was described about her. She had no purpose going to the Human World and had really idiotic plans to stop Twilight. Seriously, instead of making her stupid to make Twilight look more intelligent, how about making Sunset smart and force Twilight to utilize her intelligence and wit to escape her jams?

And like what I wrote in another thread a while back, more can be found in my review here. I can't enjoy this movie because it's factually awful.

Edited by Dark Qiviut
  • Brohoof 4