Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Equestria Girls

iLegovideo

Equestria Girls  

9 users have voted

1. 1. Rate the film

• Flash Sentry steals your waifu - Hated it!
    • "... needs some peanut butter crackers." - Disliked it
    • "What are hands?" - Meh it was okay.
    • "Those are my girls! Woo-hoo!" - Liked it
    • "We helped Twilight win the crown!" - Loved it!

Honestly, equestria girls felt rushed as if it was crunch time at the circle factory. The sub-plots served no purpose except to only solve themselves. Sunset shimmer was a transparent antagonist, with a plan so flawed it could rival a screen door. The mane six felt as if their I. Q.'s dropped a few marks. So in conclusion, this is one of my personal favorite films. A guilty pleasure if you will.

It wasn't the worst possible thing, actually.

Sure, it had a lot of flaws, but overall, it was a generally nice springboard from the regular FIM. Something worth watching purely to experience and enjoy a different setting.

I'm not that keen on seeing continuations anytime soon, but given the expectations most of the fandom had (at least those parts which I've contacted personally), it proved itself to be fair enough not to be buried six feet underground the day of the premiere, and actually change some minds.

So yeah, even if it was not a miracle, I've enjoyed it actually. After all, none of us was expecting Pulp Fiction class movie, right :>? Target audience determined its flow.

• Brohoof 1

Not the best movie ever or anything, but it was something i enjoyed.

I'm also pretty easy to amuse, so you know if i didn't like it then something was probably wrong ;p.

Okay. I f*cking f*cking HATE THIS MOVIE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJipry5--QA#t=1

As much as I enjoy watching cinema sins videos, I think over-analyzing a movie's flaws, big or small, takes away a lot of the enjoyment that someone could've had if they had just "gone along for the ride", so to speak. 

Equestria Girls had flaws, and plenty of them, but a lot of us didn't notice all of them until someone who over-analyzed the movie pointed them out. Some are more obvious than others, like the portal thing, and the far-too-quick-to-resolve-itself dilemma with Snip's and Snail's attempt to frame Twilight. But most of the other problems are just minor nitpicks. On a base level, watching Equestria Girls is entertaining. If you start to dig deeper, you'll find the holes and inconsistencies. It's kind of like enjoying a pop song on the radio that you know has shitty lyrics, but the beat and the music itself is just so catchy that you can't help but enjoy it. In that sense, I think Equestria Girls is like the movie equivalent of the song "Call Me Maybe". Shallow, a little awkward, but ultimately satisfying and fun.

Edited by jackleapp81

To me, it was that type of movie, that really makes you cringe and have nightmares about it after first hearing about it, BUT, once you actually see it, it's pretty good and wasn't as bad as you thought it would be. I really liked this movie, they could have screwed up a whole lot more with this, and I am happy they didn't. It was a fun little movie that I like, I know it has flaws. But, if you really think about it and over analyze any movie you're bound to think of a few flaws. No, movie is flawless.

Hi there, @. Since your thread topic fits in so nicely with this pinned thread, I have merged your into it. It's usually a good idea to check if a suitable thread for your topic exists before creating a new one. Have fun discussing! :)

• 2 weeks later...

But most of the other problems are just minor nitpicks.

As the Nostalgia Critic once said (I'm paraphrasing): Don't complain about the nitpicks, complain that you were focusing on them rather than the rest of the movie.

Edited by Static Electricity
  • Brohoof 1