Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Equestria Girls

iLegovideo

Equestria Girls  

9 users have voted

1. 1. Rate the film

• Flash Sentry steals your waifu - Hated it!
    • "... needs some peanut butter crackers." - Disliked it
    • "What are hands?" - Meh it was okay.
    • "Those are my girls! Woo-hoo!" - Liked it
    • "We helped Twilight win the crown!" - Loved it!

I LOVED the Equestria Girls movie! It was sooo cheesy but good at the same time! I swear to Celestia that I cry at the end every time I see it. If you don't like it, no hate intended but, please explain.

Blank Flanks Unite! Read you later!

• Brohoof 1

I know many people hated it. But I quite enjoyed it (but that might just be because I love the show and nothing to do with the quality of the movie) I thought most of the songs were really well done, although I would have liked it if twilight had to work for the others to vote for her rather than just singing a song with her friends!

• Brohoof 1

I actually enjoyed this movie! I know it is a wierd direction to go but it was cool to see some of the ponies in human form. Im glad they are not changing the actual show like it though. A little bit is good but not too much :D

• 2 weeks later...

I originally regarded this spin off as too "girly" and was off in the wrong direction when I first heard about it. Literally told my best friend that it looked "stupid". I just watched it and I have to say... I was a terrible person for judging a book by its cover. I absolutely loved the movie. If you haven't seen it and are basing it off of others opinions I urge you to see if for yourself and make up your own mind. I really liked it!  :lol:

F17GDwd.png

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

I personally found a lot of enjoyment in it; it was a nice change of pace that isn't permanent, thank goodness; we also got to see a good amount of Rarity, which pleased me greatly :wub:

In any case, there were a few plot holes that irritated me, plus one wasted storyline in particular (Twilight being knocked out of contention for the crown - the additional obstacle would've been something great to explore and would've made the story that much better had she overcome it) The designs of Celestia and Luna were both quite off-putting, as well - they looked chubby and just plain weird. The eyes were horridly small and the lips just looked weird. Their designs could've used some major improvement.

HOWEVER, overall, it was a very fun and enjoyable film nonetheless :D I remember running streams of it for my friends, and those were always the best streams - of course, there were numerous NSFW comments made in the chat, so I'll refrain from going into much detail - but nonetheless, I have some great memories of that movie, which, is timeless in a sense, at least to me. I was able to watch it over and over and over again, finding enjoyment each and every time :D It's a really fun and enjoyable movie, and I, for one, cannot wait for the sequel :D

It's not that I didn't like the idea of Spike being a dog, or the multi-colored skin. And yes, EG was the first MLP thing I watched, but.. I didn't really like it. This issue has been explained before. IT's that ALL OF THE GIRLS HAVE THE SAME BODY SHAPE. First of all, that's just really cheap and lazy animation. Second of all, it doesn't motivate a thing expressed in MLP: That a girl can be different. This bugs me because... Diversity. They all have seven-league boots, have skirts, and have ridiculously long hair. This my friends, is a basic stereotype for girls. It's... ACK!!! I can't stand that. It shows that all girls "should be" stick-thin and wears skirts. And it doesn't  make sense for RD. She should have a boycut so her hair won't whip her in the face when she's playing sports. And she should be more muscular, considering the fact that she plays sports, like all the time. And she should have flipping TENNIS SHOES. She needs these to actually run, boots don't work for that! and she needs pants, NOT A SKIRT. And I think Pinkie should have tennis shoes. You know, because she's always bouncing around like crazy? And.... the boys are taller and much more muscular than the girls. and they get to wear pants. This offends me greatly. I don't play sports, so I'm not muscular, but other girls do, and trust me, they can be muscular!! And I rarely ever wear skirts. Mostly on special occasion. and sometimes even THEN  I wear pants! And all the girls need a little meat on their bones. Seriously, these girls are THIN. All of them. It's so.. annoying.

PHEW. Good to get that off my chest. I bet lots agree with me.

what_s__diversity__by_daisyduke14-d6770k

I think one of the good things about keeping them as ponies was that it pretty much steered us around commentary about body and fashion stereotypes, and one of the things about EQG that really sucks is everything about its existence.

When I first watched Equestria Girls from start to finish, this was my reaction

http://youtu.be/zPQlerYtk6A

Seriously, this movie is one of the worst I've ever seen. Its plot (if it even exists) isn't even worth shitting on, the songs are ear-raping and rage-inducing, the villain is a total embarassment, the love story is completely irrelevant, the dialogue is atrocious and it makes Twilight Sparkle, one of the most brainiest fictional characters ever, look like a total dumbass. Never mind the fact that it's set in the human world (why are people raging about that?) and focus on the fact that this movie is devoid of anything good.

Let's see, if Twilight needed to get her crown back, why didn't she just steal it back?! Also, why wasn't their any security guards that were actually GOOD on duty when Twilight's crown was stolen? These questions remain a mystery to this day.... I hate this movie

For this movie i'd say 9 out of 10 muffins.

I give it 2 out of 10 muffins. It wasn't the worst movie I've ever seen, but it just annoys me. Like I explained earlier. ANd I gave it one extra muffin for effort.

(edited)

I found the movie was OK. What I don't like is that there's going to be a sequel and another series about it... >_>

Seeing the characters as humans was very interesting, I especially liked Rarity and her behavior throughout the movie.

I also liked Flash Sentry, and every scene that didn't take place in the human world. Pinkie Pie's hunches were hilarious. :lol:

But there're a lot of things I didn't like: first I would have widely preferred a movie with only ponies. Twilight looked really dumb, there're some bad moments like when she's being caught in the library, and the songs were so girly. :huh:

Overall, it's a good movie.... but please, no more Equestria Girls...

Edited by Blobulle

(edited)

I found the movie was OK. What I don't like is that there's going to be a sequel and another series about it... >_>

Seeing the characters as humans was very interesting, I especially liked Rarity and her behavior throughout the movie.

I also liked Flash Sentry, and every scene that didn't take place in the human world. Pinkie Pie's hunches were hilarious. :lol:

But there're a lot of things I didn't like: first I would have widely preferred a movie with only ponies. Twilight looked really dumb, there're some bad moments like when she's being caught in the library, and the songs were so girly. :huh:

Overall, it's a good movie.... but please, no more Equestria Girls...

I don't quite understand this way of thinking. Does the original show lose anything because of a spin off being made that isn't as good? If you don't like the humanized version of the characters, just avoid the new show. The fact that the movie was successful enough for a sequel and a spin off series doesn't affect the quality of the movie itself.

Edited by SolarFox
  • Brohoof 1

I don't quite understand this way of thinking. Does the original show lose anything because of a spin off being made that isn't as good?

I hope it doesn't.

I fear they start to spend more time on Equestria Girls than on MLP:FiM. The hiatuses between seasons are getting longer and longer maybe because of EqG...

Of course I'll avoid the EqG series. ;)

I liked the movie (if I had to rate it I'd give 6 or 7 out of 10), the fact that they are doing a sequel doesn't change my opinion on it.

• Brohoof 1

I loved this movie, I think more than I thought I would. It wasn't perfect, but good enough that I'd definitely watch it again at some point. I really loved all of the references to the TV show that is in it. 

I don't really love or hate it. My reaction was largely, "we'll this is a thing that happened". One thing I did dislike, though, was that they were all off the same body type and mostly wearing the same type of cloths.

Well, I just watched Equestria Girls for the first time. And I am shocked to say this but I really liked it! Yeah, it was a corn fest and them turning into pony-human hybrids at the end was bizarre, but I liked it a lot. Spike was awesome (I wish he was like this in the show more ) and so was Twilight. I actually lol'd a lot during this. I think if they had cut out the big action sequence at the end and focused more on the school environment it would have been better. I actually wouldn't mind if this was a series. I'm also surprised to say this, but I like the character designs now too (granny smith's is still weird but the mane 6 was fine).

Also, what's with the Flash Sentry hate? Yeah he was undeveloped, but I don't think he was a detriment to the movie. So yeah, I'm not gonna do the number rating thing, cuz I don't know how to view it: as an episode, as a pilot, or as a movie. IDK it's weird it felt a lot like the pilot to MLP, where it was corny and a little stupid, but surprisingly awesome. Anyway, I'm glad I watched it and now I'm actually looking forward to Rainbow Rocks (although the story seems to be weaker, but we'll see)

I personally enjoyed the movie, I also enjoyed the concept of it though there was one thing that kinda got me a little bit bored and that was the whole highschool plot, yes I know they are teenagers but the highschool plot is so overdone to the point where you can predict everything that happens just by hearing 1 word, that word for me was dance, if at a later time, cause I know their making it into a show, they were to take the viewer outside of the schoolgrounds that would be awesome, maybe show the town itself more, the homes of the characters, places like the beach, mountains, things besides school it would give the new series a lot of potential

(edited)
I remember specifically the part where Twlight was framed for the trashing of the gym.

I felt that moment was going to be really intriguing and interesting, but the problem went away almost as quickly as it appeared, and that disappointed me.

I think if they took the time to make that "Twlight Framed" longer, It would have been way better. Maybe some sort of detective segment going on for a while would've been so much better for the suspense.

Other then that, I thought the movie was decent, but it was just a cliche high school romance story, and it was badly done too.

Once they were ponies again I didn't see a problem with the romance though.

I usually like High School romance stories, but only when it's in anime, not in MLP

Edited by Shadowking58

(edited)

I enjoy this and love it. Equestria Girls is what they've released it last year as well with Rainbow Rocks this fall.  :D

Edited by Allen AcNguyen

I remember specifically the part where Twlight was framed for the trashing of the gym.
I felt that moment was going to be really intriguing and interesting, but the problem went away almost as quickly as it appeared, and that disappointed me.
I think if they took the time to make that "Twlight Framed" longer, It would have been way better. Maybe some sort of detective segment going on for a while would've been so much better for the suspense.
Other then that, I thought the movie was decent, but it was just a cliche high school romance story, and it was badly done too.
Once they were ponies again I didn't see a problem with the romance though.
I usually like High School romance stories, but only when it's in anime, not in MLP

I hate, hate, HATE when a potential subplot is introduced and very quickly dissolves. I feel like having a subplot like that would flesh out the movie and make it a bit better. It's stuff like this that inspires me to rewrite the movie myself and try to make it infinitely better.

• Brohoof 1

I hate, hate, HATE when a potential subplot is introduced and very quickly dissolves. I feel like having a subplot like that would flesh out the movie and make it a bit better. It's stuff like this that inspires me to rewrite the movie myself and try to make it infinitely better.

Yep, I agree with that totally.