Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What would happen if they stopped making MLP?

Fredbermudez

(edited)

We would just hang around, discussing the show, writing fanfics, drawing pictures and composing music like we always did.

...And then would come the day generation five hits the market... and we would have to deal with new-pony-fans that hate FiM...ugh...

Edited by StatesTheOblivious

Then it's over. They stop making MLP, they stop making it. Of course this will happen one day, as all things do, but we still may have a while before that happens.

I assume they'd continue making toys and whatnot, and I think the fandom would truck on for a while too.

As long as it keeps reeling in money and profits I don't think MLP will die out. Consider it's popularity amongst the fans, not often does Hasbro release something pony related and the fans flock to buy it. Of course in my opinion the fan made stuff is much superior to the official releases.

I think if they stopped making MLP,  the toys and the other things that they sell might be losing money from it's revenue and others.

The fandom might still be running on, but the show might not.

By if they stopped making MLP do you mean G4 or the franchise as a whole? G4 will end eventually, but as the most successful generation of all time Hasbro is going to keep it running as long as they can and the franchise itself will likely last even longer than that it has been around since the 80's and is running stronger than ever. If G4 ended as long as it ended well I would say goodbye to a very good show of course but would still watch the re runs and see what G5 has in store. If the franchise itself ended I would be quite dissapointed though as I have seen many good things end prematurely.

Most likely, when the show finally ends, Hasbro will turn around and quickly start a G5 or G4.5 series to follow it, heavily based on G4. From what I understand, MLP is currently one of their most valuable properties, and they will covet having a series which attracts both young girls and older male and female teenagers and young adults, all very valuable possible customers. Between shows, they are likely to continue producing toys, tie-in material like the comics, and other knick-nacks to attract our money.

At the same time, the an community is very large and strong, so I would expect that to continue on, even in the worst case, for some years afterwards; there are many examples of strong, long-lasting fan communities built on smaller pools of base material than the My Little Pony fandom, such as the early Star Trek fandom (in the early 1970s), so it's quite possible the My Little Pony fan community becomes essentially permanent (lasting many years, even decades).

S. Anime wouldn't be so profitable for companies like funimation if it weren't for the teen-adult crowd. Theres just little money in the younger ones that Hasbro is trying to play with, they don't stay that young for long, and often reject anything they liked during that time as they grow.

Actually, that's part of the problem of why anime is going down hill, all the companies began pandering to the Okatu crowd, so that's a bad example.

I do with they would let the show mature a little more, the comics are a good indication of how much more awesome the show could be if it broke it's shackles completely off.

It depends on where they stop it really, I'd be pretty upset if they ended it at season 3 considering that there's still lots of room and loose ends to fill up on. If they ended if on season 4 with those loose ends filled, then I'd say "well it had a good run".

As long as they don't end it prematurely like some of my other favorite shows(Catscratch, Megas XLR)

(edited)

Ah it may end one day but! not anytime soon anyway, and when it does sadly the true fans well stay and keep watching what we have and keep making fan stuff of the show, I know I'll say even when its all over I Love MLP:FiM  and I'll never let it go!

Edited by xPrincess Lunax
  • Brohoof 1

It'll end no matter what we do, and I'll be sad but I'll also glad because as Lisa Simpson once said: "I think it's good for shows to get canceled before they become bland and repetitive." Something one show from my child hood diddry.pngRegardless, I'm sure some brony out there will commit suicide and there will be a big brouhaha over whether the show caused it or not.

FiM wont last forever, I would be pretty surprised if it lasted beyond whatever they need to get to to get syndication to be honest, so maybe another season or two. After that they'll work on a new toy line and roll that out with G5

All things must end at some point. MLP: fim is no exception to this rule. I will dislike the fact that it would not be airing anymore and I will then probably spend the next couple days after it gets cut from the line-up to re-watch episodes and enjoy my nostalgia for the cartoon and then move on to something else. It will always be a special thing to me and I will treasure it always.

A strong Rerun ratings, massive conventions, then they make Six full feature movies of varying quality. Then a new Series gets made with Discord featuring in the premiere. We could call it Friendship is Magic: The Next Generation

(edited)

The return of Discord would occur and the world would succumb to an eternity of chaos until all living beings were killed and washed away with chocolate rain...

Edited by SarahMoon

They won't stop anytime soon. At least the franchise. I mean, its been out since the 80s. Hasbro will continue to reboot it until, well, Hasbro is gone. But the G4 which we all know will end, to keep up with the times. Anyways, what would happen? Im sure people would be upset, but hey, life has to move on.

Don't worry though, Hasbro is making alot of money on this, and won't be stopping soon. 

(edited)

Hello!

I personally believe, that MLP will always stay in my heart, forever, but, if the production on MLP were to come to a halt, people would continue as a fandom in a similar way as we are now. ( That means, in between season mode tongue.png )

I think the brony soul would eagarly wait for possible future projects related to MLP. In other words, the Fandom would fully take over. smile.png

Edited by Concord

If they stopped making MLP...

All of the bronies would spontaneously explode as soon as the decision was made. Angry friends and relatives would then proceed to storm Hasbro for revenge. All of this would somehow lead to World War III as well...

...nah, just kidding. (But it would stink)

If the show just ended suddenly it would be very sad. I imagine the fandom would continue on with all our fanmade stuff but eventually the fandom would die out. But I don't see Hasbro stopping the show anytime soon as it is very popular so I don't think this will be happening for quite a while.