Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Who thinks Youtube is getting worse?

Nah

133 users have voted

1. 1. Is Youtube getting worse?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't care

Okay, if you a very active member of Youtube, everypony knows that on March 7th, they are enforcing their new design. But I hate it. Youtube has been changing their layout and design way too much, that the site, in plain words, sucks. The videos buffer all the time, the site is becoming too complicated, and ads are ruining even further. Now tell me, is youtube getting worse every year, vote in the poll and reply why.

I only voted in Don't Care because I could go either way. I'm using it more now than I ever have really, but I admit all these ads they've been adding and changes to the new layout that disable some browser extensions is rather annoying. However, like I said I've been on the site more often than ever the past few months. :s

When I think about the majority of the content uploaded to YouTube, then yes I think its getting worse. All of the "popular" channels and videos are so mindless it makes me embarrassed to be a human sometimes.

• Brohoof 2

When I think about the majority of the content uploaded to YouTube, then yes I think its getting worse. All of the "popular" channels and videos are so mindless it makes me embarrassed to be a human sometimes.

Eeyup, a shaky, blurry video shot in less than a minute of a fat guy dancing to Lady Gaga gets 1 million views. An HD movie that took a year to film gets 4 views, tell me what wrong there.

• Brohoof 3

I'm fine with the home page layout..

But the channel layout is from hell.

The homepage layout is fair, very mobile like. The new channel design can suck it, I might delete my account on March 7th.

• Brohoof 1

My channel is 5 years old now and I can't figure out how to navigate it anymore...Am I incompetent or is this poorly thought out?

Poorly thought out, Youtube is run by monkeys on cocaine now.

The homepage seems much better then what everyone was complaining about when it was first starting. The channel page...Horrible. The old channel design was just one thing making everything easy. This is a monstrosity. How could you think of changing a page design to a 3-4-5 pages to be a good idea?

• Brohoof 1

YT was the best in 2006-2007. Now due to a lot of bugs and unnecessary updates, it's much less enjoyable.

Agreed, I discovered Youtube on accident in 2006. It was so simple and easy to navigate, now it sucks after I joined in November 2011.

I'm only displeased with the new channel layouts.

I am too, the homepage is fair, the channels suck now, and most the users are just trolls who hate you and tell you what is wrong with you.

The channel page...Horrible. The old channel design was just one thing making everything easy. This is a monstrosity. How could you think of changing a page design to a 3-4-5 pages to be a good idea?

They want to make it more like facebook.

We are seeing the end of an internet lifespan. Social sites just don't last long. I ignore facebook-haven't figured how to cancel.

With luck there will 3 or 4 new sites opening up to replace old tired out YouTube.

• Brohoof 1

For everypony, Time said that Youtube is trying to be like, or be better, than TV. that is too true. You should read that article.

I spend most of my time on yt watching ponies or listening to music so I don't care much about it(I don't have a channel either). The only thing I would like to have removed is the "thumbs up" function in the comments, The people who care too much about having the top-comment suck.

Also I think yt has a great layout and design in comparison to other popular sites as for example facebook

Edited by PonyPunk
  • Brohoof 1

I spend most of my time on yt watching ponies or listening to music so I don't care much about it(I don't have a channel either). The only thing I would like to have removed is the "thumbs up" function in the comments, The people who care too much about being top-comment suck

Totally agree with you on that.

I am too, the homepage is fair, the channels suck now, and most the users are just trolls who hate you and tell you what is wrong with you.

The community is probably the most glaringly disturbing part of YouTube. All the jerks on that site are what make YouTube the most godforsaken sunken wasteland of the internet. There is no restriction on what users can type out in the comments. They can be the most offensive comments and nothing will be done about it.

A lot of the insults on YouTube channels and comments can easily put people in prison if they voiced these ridiculous opinions of theirs.

/rant on silly people

• Brohoof 2

I personally love the new homepage and overall feel of youtube. Viewing someone's channel however is atrocious. I personally find it annoying that whenever I click on a video to watch from someone's channel, it wants to start playing the whole playlist, and forces you to watch the video outside of the channel. What if I want to watch the video on the channel's page? And not only that, but if you want to see what the person has been doing via their feed, your video stops playing unless you have it in another tab/window.

So my only complaint is the new channel layout.

• Brohoof 1

I hate the new designs.

And then 2012

Just look at it! CHAOS!

Indeed, its chaos, its a mess, the only thing they improved was the rating system, other than that, Youtube is just a mess of terrible viral videos.