Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Lyra or Bon Bon?

Lamer

Lyra or Bon Bon?  

51 users have voted

1. 1. Well?

• Lyra
    • Bon Bon

Inspired by Vinyl or Octavia poll, I decided to make the one with Lyra and Bon Bon. Who do you like more?

I personally like both so I can't choose.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

inb4 bon bon hate

Everypony knows that lyra is sooo much cooler than bon bon. I mean she got her own songs and stuff. Plus people likes the thing people are saying that she likes humans. c:

Edited by Jokuc
  • Brohoof 4

I like Lyra. (She has better hair :D). But im not sure. I just find Lyra much more appealing. I think it's the way they were drawn or how they look. Lyra kind of looks more...appealing? And Bon Bon kind of looks like an overprotective mom. I mean I love Bon Bon but not as much as Lyra.

• Brohoof 1

I say Bon-Bon! She's way under appreciated. No one can deny those cute curls... She reminds me of one of those 50's pin up girls with the hair style and color scheme. It's adorable.

And to put it frankly, I think Lyra's fanon human obsession is silly.

Bon-Bon all the way, yo. img-1379355-5-xtWXQl1.png

• Brohoof 3

A very tough choice, but I'm going with Lyra.

Her obsession with humans is pretty funny, and I think that she has a more broad personality than Bon Bon. Not to hate.

lyra_heartstrings__finally__by_godoffury

I don't really have a preference, but I know most fans like Lyra. Come on. She's a unicorn, she's mint green, she has a beautiful mane, a cool cutie mark, and she has human-like tendencies..... I guess...

Bon Bon is the master of voice change though, and that has to count for something. :)

• Brohoof 2

As Sweetie Belle would say, “AW COME ON!” Why doesn't Bon Bon get any love? :(

For one thing, she's probably the greatest voice talent since Mel Blanc:

For another, she's the only one of the Mane 7 from My Little Pony Tales that made it into FiM. Here's her best episode.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMaBaPChzmc

On second thought, maybe her portrayal as a 12 year old faking an illness isn't an example of her best work. :P

Sigh. I didn't think this community would be so totally one sided. All kidding aside, with the music and the anthropology, I know Lyra will run away with this poll. I just like to see the underdog get a fair shake. :)

• Brohoof 4

I'm rooting for the underdog (or underpony, as the case may be.) I like Bon Bon better. While I like Lyra's design better, Bon Bon seems like an easily irritated but sane character, which I like better than a crazy, human obssessed freak.

• Brohoof 1

Lyra's green, even if shes a minty green, and also she still has a interesting color scheme I enjoy alot.

Her story is also more interesting, having her obsessed with humans is pretty cool :P.

I just don't find bon bon quite as compelling, I don't really know a whole lot about her though, she has a nice color scheme I mean, but all she seems to be is into sweets, and thats about it.

Just me, I don't have a huge gap over the two, I'm not terribly set in liking a specific background pony over another.

I got to give it to Bon Bon, I don't hate lyra or anything but I love Bon Bon she looks, sure Lyra has a lot to offer and all and loves humans lol. but I don't know what it is I just love Bon Bon more

• Brohoof 1

Bon Bon is the master of voice change though, and that has to count for something. smile.png

Oh gee, I had totally forgot about that. I even went back to the episodes where she spoke just to make sure that was right. ohmy.png

Bon Bon is the master of voices. She probably knows how to imitate everyponys' voice in Ponyville by now. She definitely has my vote.

• Brohoof 2

Not trying to troll, but both are pretty unremarkable besides their designs and fan ideas.

They are generic background mares with no personality to speak of. I see them as throwaway characters that fans have a lot if fun expanding.. Because really, there's not much to say. People could argue that the changing voices give Bon-Bon identity, but to me, that's just a sign that MLP team care as little for Bon-Bon as I do.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Lyra wins in my opinion, we know something about her, whereas of Bon Bon we don't know anything except that se didn't put the apples in her bag.

Edited by Dark Moonlight

Well appearance wise, Lyra wins-that mint color combo is awesome. Personality wise, unless Im wrong, neither has an actual backstory. But Lyra gets more fan content. Based on fan created personalities from comics, stories, and such, again Lyra. Even though Im personlly not a fan of the whole human thing, shes generally the more funny, out going one. They are both great though, Lyra with the awkward sitting, and Bon Bon with the different voices (is that supposed to be a running joke from the creators?) Anyway, overall Lyra

Lyra for the win! Her design is much more appealing to me. Plus, her interest in humans makes for quite a few lulz on the interbutts. Bon Bon has always come off as kind of bitchy to me. But you can't have one without the other.

Lyra.  She's got a minty fresh design and apparently knows how to play a lyre. And the whole interest in humans thing makes her quirky and memorable in my eyes.

Though I will admit to liking some of those Bon Bon puns pics from that one tumblr:

post-11395-0-00706500-1371676143_thumb.png

(edited)

I have to admit that I like Lyra more, she is one of my favourite background ponies. Well, she is more popular in general

But they are best when together. wub.png

Edited by Cocodrillo

Sorry Bon Bon, but your multiple voices can't compete with the best mane in equestria.  I also am a big fan of the whole obsessed with humans bit.

>Lyra >Lyra > Lyra >Lyra >Lyra >Lyra > Lyra >Lyra >Lyra >Lyra > Lyra >Lyra >Lyra >Lyra > Lyra >Lyra >Lyra >Lyra > Lyra >Lyra >Lyra

Now that I got that out of the way I believe that Lyra is better (Big Surprise). She has a better design that includes a minty green color, and an awesome mane. Now, let me tell you about.... Anthropology! Yeah! The fact that she has one of the best fan fictions I have ever read in the history of MLP fan fictions (Thanks JasonTheHuman biggrin.pngblush.png) I have like only two Bon Bon pictures on my computer and like 100 Lyra pictures. I shall now proceed in inserting pictures.

]

[attachment=58718:filly_lyra_with_a_lyre_by_daieny-d5m268e.png

I pick Bon Bon, if only because she's a recolor of best background pony Shoeshine, and her many voices are quite funny.

Not really a fan of Lyra. I mean, she's okay, but the fanon around her kind of annoys me. For some reason I find this funny though:

• Brohoof 1

• 5 years later...

Wow, I'm the first person to post here in over five years!

Anyway, I'm a big fan of the LyraBon pairing, so I love seeing them both together. But on their own, I definitely like Lyra more than Bon Bon. She seems to be the nicer of the two, and I love her design and color scheme. Seriously, mint green is awesome! Plus, Lyra was so adorable in Slice of Life, you can see her heart ripping in two when she finds out about Bon Bon's secret identity. I just want to huggle her!

Edited by shyabetes3939