Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Am I in the minority?

DITR

This thread appears to be related to the My Little Pony franchise and/or the Bronydom in general. Thus, it has been sentenced to Sugarcube Corner.

This is an automatically generated message, by the way.

Some of the brony music is good ... i will say but most of it is just not what i listen to

So i do have to say there isn't much in the way of things i like to listen to but i will say it is good music.

I would like more variety in the music that is made if I'm honest

I am not a fan of the brony music. I do like some of them like eurobeat brony and wooden toaster because they got the music kicked off and kicked off well. Mandopony, Mic the Microphone (met in person and he's extremely rude to people just doing their job and thinking the world must cater to his every whim), etc I just don't like. The only thing to come from mando i liked was picture perfect pony because it matched how it would be in the show and props to him. I would rather listen to what our show produced than what the fans make. 

(edited)

I would suggest artists such as WoodenToaster or Living Tombstone...I like half of their songs, but my least favorite is Sisterly Hate. That was a terrible song...sucky singing, didn't go with the music AT ALL. But their other songs are really good. Not sure if you know them, but if you haven't I would suggest them.

Edited by Pandah-Sama

It's not for everyone, but that's not to say that all of it is good or bad. There are masterpieces, and crapsterpieces. (All of the bad plays on words)

Like...I for one, think that this: 

Is phenomenal. 

• Brohoof 1

I do wish the brony community wasn't full of sheep who like anything. Not saying everyone is a sheep but I know that I am extremely picky about what songs I decide to be a favorite. I am glad of my being picky and am sad that a lot of bronies will cheer for just about anything that is popular. Even if it does sound like a fork stuck in a garbage disposal. 

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

There are very few songs I actually enjoy which are produced by the Fandom. Those being:

• Daddy Discord
  • Rainbow Factory
  • Discord(Original)
  • Dr Dissonance's stuff(he does steampunk versions of Show songs.)

My favourite though would be have to be this one (Art of the dress).

Edited by -Stargazer-
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

I used to be a fan of almost any music the fandom produced, then I took a reality set in and I realized that a lot of it was crap.

Still, some is good.  I'd recommend:

*Mic the Microphone.  He only has about 3-4 actually good songs, plus he can only do collabs, as he can't really compose his own music.  I can forgive him, though, due to the excellence of "Beyond her Tomb"

*Simgretina.  I don't always listen to glitch, but when I do...

*Sogreatandpowerful.  Horribly underrated, is actually a pretty good musician.

*Coconeru.  Also underrated.  He made multiple high-quality songs that got only 5,000-10,000 views.  Then he made a low-quality animation of his OC dansing Gangnam style, which got over 500,000 views, an EqD feature, and features on multiple non-pony news websites.  Sigh.

*M_Pallante.  The only true rock musician in the fandom.  He has a large number of songs, some of which are very good.

*Forest Rain.  He has a fairly unique style, but he pulls it off.  

*Wooden Toaster.  Most everything he makes is wonderful.  

*Yelling at Cats.  My guilty pleasure of sorts.  While he's been in a surprisingly high number of scandals, has pissed off a lot of people, and is kind of an immature brat, he's also a good rapper who, with some practice, could have a voice as good as Mic's.

Also, Tsyolin only made two songs that I like, but one is so good it deserves a special notice.

http://youtu.be/D6Jfctt1b8o

Edited by Starswirl the Trixie

I view brony music as just that music, certain songs may or may not suit my tastes but there is really not much of a difference between brony music and other music other than one is influenced by cartoon ponies and the other isn't.

Meh, I'm going to have to agree with you on this one. I like music if it's good music, slapping the word brony on to the front of it isn't going to change my opinion of it. In fact, I find it's usually worse, as the artists think that adding a line from the show into music is going to make it so much better. Usually, it makes me cringe.

To be honest, I'm rather surprised by this thread. I expected a lot more people to come out in force to defend brony music considering the amount of it in the fandom. It's completely over-saturated.

I was late to the Brony music party, and only really got into it a few months ago, that said, I don't enjoy all the generic Vinyl Scratch dubstep. Though what annoys me more is the assumption that dubstep is the ONLY genre of music Vinyl is into... How about some old school electronic or rock?

I ignore the dubstep part of Brony music, and just enjoy the electronic, rock, acoustic and classical types of Brony music, but even then, there's not a lot that I'll listen to. 

Well i agree with you for the most part, i don't like most of the remixes since i consider the original songs to already be perfect but some of the songs like

20 Percent Cooler

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6xRSafBV8o

and

Loyalty

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=voj9MhBUaTI

are awsome if u ask me and are the only brony songs i have on my iphone to listen to while im on the bus :D