Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

DITR

The school of friendship was an awful idea.

Adding Starlight Glimmer as a mane character wasn't the best idea. I think she should at least be secondary.

Season 3 is the worst season imo

Pinkie's character has degraded as the show has gone on. She's become a lot more annoying to have on the screen.

• Brohoof 3

Starlight Glimmer is pure garbage aswell as the mane 6, I would like to see the mane 6 and Starlight Killed off, that would be entertaining to me honestly. I'd like to see them lose and for Tirek, Sombra or Chrysalis to rule Equestria and the show to focus on them ruling equestria. lol

10 hours ago, TwilySparky said:

Pinkie's character has degraded as the show has gone on. She's become a lot more annoying to have on the screen.

I found her annoying from the start, and for me she's still as annoying and as cheerful as always.

10 hours ago, TwilySparky said:

The school of friendship was an awful idea.

Adding Starlight Glimmer as a mane character wasn't the best idea. I think she should at least be secondary.

I agree with all of these. 

I don't think how dragons & Changelings live their lives should matter to the ponies at all. 

I like Spike more in his Equestria Girls dog form.

Edited by Sparklefan1234

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/4/2019 at 4:35 PM, AlexanderThrond said:

We've seen children get up to all sorts of stuff beyond what we might expect of real-world children.

I believe in talking foals driving parade floats and other stuff. What I don't believe in is a talking foal draining all of a kingdom's magic and sending it to another dimension.

p.s. I wanted to delete this and not reply, but apparently, I have to reply if I want to create a new post.

Edited by heavens-champion

- I hate School of Friendship (Burn that school)

- I hate the youg 6 ( It's not "My Little Pony" anymore, now is "My Little Creature")

- I hate the mane 6 working as teachers (what the heck is happening with that show)

On 1/11/2019 at 6:12 AM, Califorum said:

Starlight Glimmer is pure garbage aswell as the mane 6, I would like to see the mane 6 and Starlight Killed off, that would be entertaining to me honestly. I'd like to see them lose and for Tirek, Sombra or Chrysalis to rule Equestria and the show to focus on them ruling equestria. lol

Why? You don't even like the show and stated that you wouldn't be bothered by it ending. In fact, I'm wondering why you joined a forum based on something you don't like.

On 1/11/2019 at 4:12 AM, Califorum said:

how are you not on the show's writing staff

In lieu of this, I honestly think a good idea for the series finale that many would disagree with and I doubt would actually happen, especially if Generation 5 is going to be a sequel to FiM rather than taking place in a world of its own, would be for Twilight Sparkle to die. It's nothing against Twilight, just please hear me out. Twilight could learn that part of her destiny is passing the torch onto Starlight as she comes to the decision to give her life (or "give her life" if they were to decide her actually dying were to be too grim) to save Equestria, the scene of her fakeout death in the movie could be the perfect foreshadowing, and best of all, it would be the perfect way to troll the fans who hated alicorn Twilight and stopped watching the show because they thought she would outlive her friends. :umad:Come on, don't look at me like it's totally impossible, it could drive Twilight toy sales through the roof. :ticking:

Cozy Glow is not an impressive villain. Normal looking pony? Starlight Glimmer did it better. Manipulative? Discord did it better. Draining Equestria of its magic? Tirek did it better. Unless Cozy Glow can manipulate entire nations, turn one of the heroes evil, and shoot lightning out of her hooves, I am not impressed.

• 1 month later...

Pinkie Pie should have been the one to reform Discord, not Fluttershy

Starlight Glimmer > Sunset Shimmer

Cozy Glow is the worst villain in the whole show

Seasons 2 & 3 sucked and are by far the worst seasons of the show (when binging the first six seasons in 2017, I nearly quit after S3)

Canon x canon shipping is stupid

Babs Seed is the worst character in the show's history

I'm not actually that sad about the show ending, I just hope it goes out with a bang

-I don't believe any episode of the show has ever been close to being unwatchably bad.

-I don't believe any season of the show is bad.

-I've never been a big fan of background characters.

-I still really like Pinkie Pie and was shocked to learn a lot of people hate her now.

-I have high hopes for G5 being good. 

27 minutes ago, CloudMistDragon said:

- I have high hopes for G5 being good. 

I wouldn't say high in my case, but I'm definitely very curious about it and think it will be a great show.

It still can be a great show which doesn't grab my attention though.

• Brohoof 3

I find The Times They Are A Changeling to be merely an average/lower end of 'decent' episode. There's a lack of the more glaring structural flaws that define the show's worst episodes as a whole (including the episode directly preceding it) yet I simply don't happen to find the episode particularly satisfying - while I admire that the situation of a changeling infiltration is treated in-universe with appropriate gravitas (it's a shame that they were seldom, if not ever, used to their full potential in that capacity), the episode is also overly dramatic through most of its runtime (which led to the impression of the staff straining too hard to inform the audience of the story's grandiosity and in turn scenes like Spike and Thorax's reconciliation and the ending come off as more hokey than emotionally driven to me) and Spike and Thorax's actual chemistry is surprisingly shallow, which lends Spike's constant reiteration of Thorax as 'his friend' kind of artificial. I appreciate the show attempting to tackle this type of premise, but, while they at least created a (mostly) functional plot on a technical level, I feel they fell short in giving the topic the additional layers of nuance it actually deserved (perhaps spreading Thorax's gradual acceptance into pony society would have lent more weight to this episode, his character and the S6 finale, instead of, y'know, pointless and tedious filler such as Buckball Season and PPOV?).

I agree wholeheartedly. The main issue, from watching S1-7 over the past five months or so, seems to lie in the balance of traits underlying her character. During the Faust seasons (S1-2), Pinkie was presented in a far more 'human' light, with her main character traits being her optimism and quirkiness and her corresponding cartoonish antics stemming from her fun-loving nature (with an edge of savviness to her treatment of these moments), whilst Pinkie from S4 and onwards is written as more of an over-the-top gag machine whose wacky antics (which she now executes almost religiously as opposed to lightheartedly, giving an air of delusion at times) are more the central point of her character, which has led to her appearances becoming more grating than in S1-2. 

Edited by Them's Seeing Ponies

I'm disappointed by...

Sombra

...returning in S9, because it means...

s***canning all his development and lore from the comics and putting him right back at square one as a Generic Doomsday Villain (not to mention likely reducing him to a glorified Snoke just to put Grogar over). #NotMyKingSombra

Edited by Anti-Villain
  • Brohoof 1

10 minutes ago, Black Sabbath said:

Starlight's motivation for creating her cult wasn't really that bad. Especially when compared to the other villains' motivations. 

What do you mean by 'Starlight's motivation'?

Just now, Black Sabbath said:

You know, the fact that the reason she started her cult in the first place was because her friend moved away.

Ohh that one... then you're wrong.

That's the reason she became afraid of making new friends, which eventually led to her thinking Cutie Marks and special talents were a problem. Her motivation to start her cult was to spread her misguided view on Cutie Marks and friendship, because she never had a friend after Sunburst's departure.

Saying Starlight started a cult because she lost her friend is like saying Messi is one of the best soccer players in history because people in Argentina didn't give him a chance as a juvenile, it's a stepping stone but definitely not the direct motivation.

• Brohoof 1

-Seasons 2 and 3 are the only good seasons from 1-6

-I love The Mysterious Mare Do Well

-The show went downhill after season 3

-Newbie Dash is great

-I love Spike at Your Service (though it's more as a guilty pleasure)

-Despite hating Stare Master, I like The Show Stoppers

-I don't like Dragonshy, Applebuck Season, Return of Harmony, Princess Twilight Sparkle, Rarity Takes Manehattan, Twilight's Kingdom, The Cutie Map, Amending Fences, Crusaders of the Lost Mark, and The Mane Attraction, with the last two being on my bottom 5 of the series

-Stranger Than Fan Fiction is the only 10/10 episode in seasons 4-6

-I dislike more than half the episodes in season 5

-Despite liking Gauntlet of Fire, I don't think it's the best Spike episode. I think both Equestria Games and Just for Sidekicks are better

-I like Pinkie Pride, but it's nowhere near my top 5 or top 10 of the series

-I kinda like One Bad Apple. It's not exactly good, but I look back at it positively overall

-Simple Ways is in my top 5 favorite episodes of seasons 4-6

-Aside from Make New Friends But Keep Discord and To Where and Back Again (if that counts), I don't like any of Discord's episodes.

• Brohoof 1

Season 6 abused the use of funny faces. Take Fluttershy's breakdown in Buckball Season for example.

"Friends Are Always There For You" feels like it was a little forced, now that I think about it. I'm starting to understand why the finales after The Cutie Re-Mark don't have any songs, now.

If they weren't going to make Rainbow Dash a more important character, they shouldn't have made her Sonic Rainboom so important. But then, we wouldn't have War Dash, would we?

Edited by heavens-champion
  • Brohoof 1

• 4 months later...