Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

DITR

Watch this, I'm going to say the most unpopular phrase ever: Rarity is best pony.

Bam.

Anyway, here's a list:

- Silver Spoon is a great character

- Diamond Tiara is a great character

- Celestia > Luna

- Scootaloo > Sweetie Belle > Apple Bloom

- Nightmare Moon is the best villain 

- I like Twilicorn

I'm gonna add to this list later.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

In my opinion it made Dash's defiance of her a bit more powerful, in that you know she isn't just turning her back on a lifelong dream, but also somepony who she's respected and idolized for a long time. I think that made the episode a bit better than if she had been turning in her badge to a faceless drill sergeant character than we wouldn't recognize or know Dash's history with.

You're right, that does lend a bit more of a nuance to the situation, so that's one more pro you can put in the "Make Spitfire the Academy director" column. On balance, I still would have been happier with a new character rather than Spitfire, though.

Oh, yeah... another unpopular opinion. I do NOT believe in Pink-mane Celestia. If anything, the opening to the pilot implies that even if Celestia had a pink mane in that time period, her forelock was actually blue. So any fanart showing Celestia with a pure pink mane is inaccurate.

For those who wish to see what evidence I have to support this view...

post-2257-0-61815400-1373770194_thumb.jpg

Tada, blue forelock.

Edited by Full Spectrum

HORRIBLY UNPOPULAR OPINIONS COMING UP.

- I hate Trixie to pieces.

- I find Derpy rather annoying.

- Nightmare Moon is also indeed, the best villain.

- Celestia is my second favorite character. 

- I'm glad that I got Rarity as my pony personality test result.

• Brohoof 2

I like Trixie, Silverspoon and Twilicorn.

Octavia is best pony.

I dislike Pinkie Pie, I find her annoying at times.

Twilight is my least favorite of the mane six

That's very popular. Plenty of people hate her.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I like Trixie, Silverspoon and Twilicorn.

Octavia is best pony.

I dislike Pinkie Pie, I find her annoying at times.

Twilight is my least favorite of the mane six

That's very popular. Plenty of people hate her.

Really? I found that she's quite the hype over at EQ-D... perhaps It's just me.

You're right, that does lend a bit more of a nuance to the situation, so that's one more pro you can put in the "Make Spitfire the Academy director" column. On balance, I still would have been happier with a new character rather than Spitfire, though.

Oh, yeah... another unpopular opinion. I do NOT believe in Pink-mane Celestia. If anything, the opening to the pilot implies that even if Celestia had a pink mane in that time period, her forelock was actually blue. So any fanart showing Celestia with a pure pink mane is inaccurate.

For those who wish to see what evidence I have to support this view...

attachicon.gifbscap0067.jpg

Tada, blue forelock.

Well, in the beginning of the pilot it shows a clearly visible hairstyle and color of the mane, even if it wasn't implying so much with the for-lock. I think this little sequence is trying to tell a similarity between Luna and Celestia with their also seemingly similar and only re-colored body physique. Since Luna endured a form of a rather opaque and 'still' mane, I think Its trying to tell us that in this date of time, Luna and Celestia were both in a 'form' similar to when she was first transformed back into Princess Luna in the first episode. (Which is also the same episode in which she transforms back)

Anyways, yes, it does show Celestia having a blue-ish for-lock similar to her wavy mane 'form', but I think Its also trying to say that something caused her with Luna's banishment to gain this form. It may be a very recent amount of time that she changed, or in a matter of time like the narration is saying:

"Over time she grew resentful" 

But the sudden mane change doesn't really imply that she never had a pink-like hair form.

celestia_and_luna_reasoning.png

Edited by IncognitoKiwoy

Really? I found that she's quite the hype over at EQ-D... perhaps It's just me.

I've met plenty of people who hate her, I'm like the only Trixie fan at school. I prefer her over Twilight *gets shanked by an angry Twilight fan*.

Cadence> Luna + Celestia 

I think Trixie is worst pony. She's undeveloped, and brags WAY too much.

I hate nopony, not even Trixie.

Rarity honestly is a little bit overrated. She's still a good pony, but sheesh.

- I find Derpy rather annoying.

- Nightmare Moon is also indeed, the best villain.

- Celestia is my second favorite character. 

- I'm glad that I got Rarity as my pony personality test result.

Jesus Christ, you deserve diamond and gold medals. I agree with all that was said there. ^

Especially the one relating to Derpy, I think she's a horrid character.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Well, in the beginning of the pilot it shows a clearly visible hairstyle and color of the mane, even if it wasn't implying so much with the for-lock. I think this little sequence is trying to tell a similarity between Luna and Celestia with their also seemingly similar and only re-colored body physique. Since Luna endured a form of a rather opaque and 'still' mane, I think Its trying to tell us that in this date of time, Luna and Celestia were both in a 'form' similar to when she was first transformed back into Princess Luna in the first episode. (Which is also the same episode in which she transforms back)

Anyways, yes, it does show Celestia having a blue-ish for-lock similar to her wavy mane 'form', but I think Its also trying to say that something caused her with Luna's banishment to gain this form. It may be a very recent amount of time that she changed, or in a matter of time like the narration is saying:

"Over time she grew resentful" 

But the sudden mane change doesn't really imply that she never had a pink-like hair form.

img-1652015-2-celestia_and_luna_reasonin

The point I'm making is that the pilot opening sequence is being used as evidence for pink mane, based on the assumption  that this is meant to imply that this was their actual appearance at the time and not just a stylized representation in a story book. I don't consider it a bad assumption to make, just not a necessary one. And the same source shows a blue forelock. Accepting one without the other is cherry-picking.

but I think Its also trying to say that something caused her with Luna's banishment to gain this form Again, this is possible, but very heavy in speculation. Also, in Crystal Empire, both Celestia and Luna are shown defeating Sombra looking exactly as they are shown from the pilot and Season 2 (for Celestia and Luna respectively) onwards:

post-2257-0-00602700-1373772379_thumb.jpg

This had to happen before NNM and her banishment, given that it was around 1000 years ago. Therefore they had the wavy manes, therefore the story book pictures are stylized and not physically accurate depictions of Celestia. Therefore, no pink mane as it is usually shown in fanfiction.

Edited by Full Spectrum

-I think "Boast Busters" is a bad episode

-I "hate" "Suited for Success"

-Celestia is a darn freaking Mary Sue

-Chrysalis is actually the best villain and was only defeated by dumb luck

i can't agree with any of this but the part that Chrysalis is best villain so many people do not see that she had a whole army to support her she beat celestia and fooled most people into think she was cadence she was just a bit overconfidence I mean she knew her gaurds could stop them even if she may have no known much about the elements one can argue she came closer than discord did. All and all she will return and we can look forward too it!!!

The point I'm making is that the pilot opening sequence is being used as evidence for pink mane, based on the assumption  that this is meant to imply that this was their actual appearance at the time and not just a stylized representation in a story book. I don't consider it a bad assumption to make, just not a necessary one. And the same source shows a blue forelock. Accepting one without the other is cherry-picking.

but I think Its also trying to say that something caused her with Luna's banishment to gain this form Again, this is possible, but very heavy in speculation. Also, in Crystal Empire, both Celestia and Luna are shown defeating Sombra looking exactly as they are shown from the pilot and Season 2 (for Celestia and Luna respectively) onwards:

attachicon.gifbscap0128.jpg

This had to happen before NNM and her banishment, given that it was around 1000 years ago. Therefore they had the wavy manes, therefore the story book pictures are stylized and not physically accurate depictions of Celestia. Therefore, no pink mane as it is usually shown in fanfiction.

Hm... that episode... huh... I guess I can support this assumption a little more than I did, but still not completely convinced. This could also support my fact with the elements of harmony having something to do with Celestia's triumph with banishing her sister. This is my opinion, so I will again go into slight headcanon territory. The elements could've made Celestia and Luna at their most needed time, make them more powerful than what they 'once were', which means that the non-wavy manes incline a less powerful form and amount of power than the wavy manes. (Even though this is stated by Faust, and technically not canon, they, like many elements including Cadance/Cadence as her ideas planned after she was declined, still have a high chance of being proven canon) So, it could still be possible that Celestia had a pink, 'weaker' form', and still in the pilot episode, state that she did have it until the elements aided her to what most believe her hardest defeat to endure.

Rarity honestly is a little bit overrated. She's still a good pony, but sheesh.

Rarity is one of the least popular mane 6 characters, along with Applejack. While I can't say Rarity is one of my absolute favourite characters, I can't see her being overrated due to her fandom being smaller than most of the other mane 6's.

(edited)

Hm... that episode... huh... I guess I can support this assumption a little more than I did, but still not completely convinced. This could also support my fact with the elements of harmony having something to do with Celestia's triumph with banishing her sister. This is my opinion, so I will again go into slight headcanon territory. The elements could've made Celestia and Luna at their most needed time, make them more powerful than what they 'once were', which means that the non-wavy manes incline a less powerful form and amount of power than the wavy manes. (Even though this is stated by Faust, and technically not canon, they, like many elements including Cadance/Cadence as her ideas planned after she was declined, still have a high chance of being proven canon) So, it could still be possible that Celestia had a pink, 'weaker' form', and still in the pilot episode, state that she did have it until the elements aided her to what most believe her hardest defeat to endure.

So you're saying the Elements of Harmony powered them up to look like they currently do when defeating Sombra, then they returned to pink-maned and non-wavy forms for the pilot episode, then later on became permanently altered into their stronger forms and have remained that way since? There are many problems there.

Celestia and Luna are no longer connected to the Elements. What is powering their "stronger" forms now? If they absorbed the power of the Elements permanently, how do the Elements still have power for the Mane 6? If Luna is not connected to the Elements, how could their power change her form between the pilot and her second season appearance?

Second, there is no indication that they used the Elements to defeat Sombra at all. Since they had presumably already defeated Discord, they probably had them, but that doesn't mean they were using them. It looked like they were just using their own magic. If they were using the Elements on Sombra, why did they turn him to shadow instead of stone, like they did with Discord?

Maybe you could claim that they used the Elements to power themselves up, and beating Sombra drained them back to their normal forms and that's why we see them that way in the pilot, but that's really stretching it.

The simplest explanation that fits the facts in usually the correct one. That Luna and Celestia were always the way we see them today and the book simply use stylized representations is a much simpler explanation than the one you suggest in your headcanon.

Edited by Full Spectrum

-I think Sombra is a really stupid villain

-Even though Discord is my favorite character he should have done more villain-ish things before he became good

-Defiantly need to cut back on the songs. What I liked about season 1and 2 was they would put songs in every now and then, and not force it into every episode.

-I don't like the cutie mark crusaders AT ALL.

-Is it me or does shimmer act allot like Trixie?

-I found season 3 disappointing.

- I don't flip out on boast busters as much as other people do, I just find the message really confusing..

- As long as they know what the are doing about Twilight being an Ailicorn I don't really care about it.

-I find spike really annoying, especially after him having his own episode.

- I don't like Discord.

- Sometimes I don't like Rainbow Dash or Pinkie Pie.

- I LIKE Alicorn Twlight. Can't wait to see what the cute dorkable moments with her as a Princess.

- Out of the three CMC, Scootaloo is my least favorite.

- Hated the episodes, " Owl's well that ends well ", "Party of One", and "Ticket Master".

- While Sleepless in Ponyville is a nice episode and it was fun to see Luna, not my favorite.

- Don't like any of the mane six pairings.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I'm not complaining, but I hate it when the fandom makes a big deal out of the smallest things. Good examples are Lyra sitting on the bench like a human, Pinkamena, or Vinyl taking her shades off. Is it really THAT exciting, that it must turn into a thing? Derpy talking is a big offender. I personally think people were seriously too excited over that.

Other than that...

- I think Discord and Derpy are overrated. Not to mention I think Discord is rather Overpowered. The only reason he got defeated was because he let the Mane 6 attempt to defeat him.

- I don't care so much for Trixie.

- I thought Owl's Well That Ends Well was pretty good.

- I like Celestia more than Luna

- Spitfire is not bad, but I think people give her too much praise.

- I enjoyed the Spike episodes.

- I dislike shipping.
Edited by Twi Rubix
  • Brohoof 3

Let's get the three kind of unpopular ones out of the way:

-Hate MMC

-Hate Twilicorn

-Hate EqG

And a couple that are actually unpopular:

-The main comic series needs to split with show continuity

-IF they do that, it will probably be better than the show

• Brohoof 1

• Shipping away from what the canon has already placed is a huge no-no for me.

Season 3 was a near disaster.

For quite some time, I didn't like Rainbow Dash and Rarity very much. As time progressed though, I appreciated them more, so that gets thrown off the cliff eh?

I don't like it when you switch the genders of the Mane 6 around. It just doesn't fit for me. What was that internet rule called again?

• Brohoof 1

Err, uh...

• Babs is a lame character.
  • I didn't really have a problem with Magical Mystery Cure - Twilicorn is fine by me.
  • Spike episodes are either hilarious, or a total yawn.
  • Twilight Sparkle episodes are always great.
  • My least favorite kind of episode are Applejack ones.
  • The CMC don't deserve any more attention than they already have, though they're fine as characters.
  • Trixie is great.
  • Discord episodes are made to be watched and re-watched and then re-watched again.
  • Brohoof 1

-I EXTREMELY dislike Twilight turning into a Princess, don't hate her just hate what happened to her

-I dislike Twilight being shoved to the forefront as a poster pony for G4 instead of all of the mane6

-I liked Cadence and didn't mind her being turned into an Alicorn

-I hate the idea of "ascension" being the way a pony turns into an alicorn/princess

-I hate how things are going more towards Princess material vs the stuff in S1 and S2

-I dislike Applejack being thought of as a Background Pony and receiving little credit

-I dislike how Unicorn and Pegasi get decent antagonists/are the antagonist vs Earth Ponies

• Brohoof 4

IDK if this counts because it's not really in the show but I really don't hear the appeal of Help Twilight Win the Crown or whatever. It dosen't really sound all that great to me.

• Brohoof 1

- Baby Cakes is the most detailed episode of season 1, 2, and 3.

- Derpy is overrated.

- Sleepless in Ponyville is the most point less episode of the whole show.

- Baby Ponies are cuter than Fluttershy.

- Shining Armor and Cadence are pretty good characters.

- Pound Cake and Pumpkin Cake are the cutest characters in the whole show.

- Trixie is annoying.

- Scootlaoo is even more annoying.

- I hate now that Scootaloo and Rainbow Dash are fake sisters. 

• Brohoof 1

Discord isn't evil.

Sombra was a garbage villain. All he did was growl and never actually even remotely accomplish anything. We got two strong antagonists only for that crap to spoil what should've been a great two-parter.