DITR

- Season 1 is my least favourite Season

- Queen Chrysalis is (to be honest) a pretty dumb villain

- Rainbow Dash is just too overpowered

- I don't like 'This Day Aria'

- I liked Sombra

- I hate the designs of the baby ponies.. I just don't know why, though

-Lesson Zero is my favorite episode.

-MMC is my least favorite, for completely unfair reasons. The episode itself is pretty solid, I just can't bring myself to do anything but dislike it.

-I despise the concept of AliTwi with a passion, leading to both the above opinion, as well as the next few.

-I view Twilight Sparkle as both best and worst pony. The difference? MMC.

-While I don't doubt that EqG is good, I can't yet bring myself to watch it. I'm not sure when that will change.

-For the same reasons, I'm questioning whether or not I'd like to see S4's opener until a week or two after it airs.

-With the notable exception of Spike at Your Service, I very much like Spike episodes.

-Games Ponies Play was one of my favorite episodes.

-I do not see what the big deal is with Trixie. She didn't really stand out to me.

(edited)

-I love Alicorn Twilight

-I hate the Baby Cakes and Just for Sidekicks episodes

-I liked MMC

-Iron Will is one of my favorite side characters

-I'm a bit bitter that Lauren Faust quit the show and I honestly feel abandoned from it.

-Queen Chrysalis is an idiot who only made it into Canterlot due to the incredible incompetence of the royal guard.

Edited by Sylentmana

(edited)

I love how, in a thread about unpopular opinions, half the people are mentioning how they hate Twilicorn/ MMC and the other half mention how they love Twilicorn/ MMC.

So somehow both hating Twilicorn and loving Twilicorn are unpopular...

What's the popular opinion then? Being indifferent to it?

Edited by hawkflame
  • Brohoof 7

(edited)

I love how, in a thread about unpopular opinions, half the people are mentioning how they hate Twilicorn/ MMC and the other half mention how they love Twilicorn/ MMC.

So somehow both hating Twilicorn and loving Twilicorn are unpopular...

What's the popular opinion then? Being indifferent to it?

A lot of people don't actually post unpopular opinions in these kinds of threads, but rather, they post whatever they feel like getting off of their chest, or whatever they think will get support. Often times people will browse through these threads, read an opinion they don't like, and then post the exact opposite opinion just for spite. I think the mixed reactions to Twilicorn is an example of this. :P

Now for a few more irrelevant opinions of my own:

- M.A. Larson is not the best writer on the show. (There isn't a "best")

- The Cutie Mark Crusaders are just as entertaining as the Mane Six.

- Spike At Your Service is an EXCELLENT episode that suffers from a few very minor issues.

Edited by Sugar Cube

I actually like Diamond tiara,Silver spoon,Gilda and Lightning Dust. I find them to be good characters. I would have no problem if we could see more of them in season 4.

• Brohoof 1

Wow it's like no one can decide if twilicorn is an unpopular opinion or popular opinion. Now for mine

I don't hate Mare do well but do agree it had it's flaws

I don't really hate episodes, I just find some better than others or there's some I just don't like

The only Spike episode I all the way enjoyed was Secret of my Excess

I'm hope they do some funny antics with reformed Discord

Wow it's like no one can decide if twilicorn is an unpopular opinion or popular opinion. Now for mine

I don't hate Mare do well but do agree it had it's flaws

I don't really hate episodes, I just find some better than others or there's some I just don't like

The only Spike episode I all the way enjoyed was Secret of my Excess

I'm hope they do some funny antics with reformed Discord

Just thought of another one. 

I think Sombra is actually one of the most threatening villain so far, he was just not executed very well. I mean he enslaved an entire empire for pete sake.

• Brohoof 1

Ok, here are a couple of mine...

> Rainbow Dash is a better sister than Rarity.

> Too much of Pinkie Pie's antics can get kinda annoying.

> RD's and AJ's elements should have been switched.

> G3 wasn't THAT bad (Newborn Cuties was horrible though).

• Brohoof 2

Best episodes of season 3 are: Magical Mystery Cure, Keep Calm and Flutter On, Wonderbolt Academy, and Apple Family Reunion. I like most of the other episodes all right, but some of them are just downright forgettable.

Hearts & Hooves Day is the best CMC episode.

I never hated Equestria Girls.

I never hated Twilacorn.

Trixie annoys me most of the time. Her apology at the end of Magic Duel seemed out of place to me.

Merriwether Williams has significantly improved as a writer.

I didn't hate Mare-Do-Well when I first saw it. I don't hate it still, but it's less memorable to me.

Rarity is generous.

Luna is HIGHLY overrated. And yet, she could still use more screen time.

Background characters are fun to a certain extent, and Derpy a little more fun, but other than spotting them doing something quirky in the background, they are very uninteresting characters whose fanon is not worth diving into, because the fanon is also uninteresting. Derpy is more interesting than the rest, but not by a ton.

I think that if Flash Sentry could be more developed in the show, he and Twilight would make a cute couple.

I do not understand Flufflepuff. Is it supposed to be funny? Is it supposed to be cute? Because it's just weird.

I appreciate Equestria Daily for what it is. Of course it's not perfect but they're just talking about ponies, so my standards aren't exactly high as long as they make merchandise updates.

I may come up with more later...

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

-Flutterpie=Cutest Couple Sweetieloo/Scootabelle=Best

-I don't like Fluttermac.

-Scootaloo is NOT Fluttermac's child. They only share color schemes.

-Scootaloo is best pony, she is full of potential. I like the idea that she's bullshitting her attitude right now. Maybe that's why she's not showing her home life? (Perhaps she's much different at home. Girly girl perhaps? *snicker*)

-Twilicorn will last, I decree it.

-Luna's design in Equestria Girls made me cry. It was bad.

-Sunflower Drop (The pony in Wonderbolts Academy that tries the Dizatron first. I named her this) is cutest Background pony. CUTEST.

-Equestria Daily really urks me. The layout and the "approvals" are annoying.

-I dub Luna best Princess. She is cute.

-Celestia is evil. (Really, do I need to say?)

-Chrysalis is Luna in disguise.

-Twilicorn discussions annoy me. "IT WON'T LAST!?" The controversy is destroying fandom.

-Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy are overrated. Fluttershy doesn't change much. RD is narcissistic. 

Edited by Scootadress

Spike at your Service was a really good episode in my opinion and it made me laugh a lot.

How is that for unpopular? It seems to be hated almost as much as Mare Do Well.

• Brohoof 2

I've got a couple more.

Blossomforth has the best and most interesting design of all the ponies.

I really don't like Braeburn and I don't see why everyone likes him.

• Brohoof 1

Spike at your Service was a really good episode in my opinion and it made me laugh a lot.

How is that for unpopular? It seems to be hated almost as much as Mare Do Well.

^ I'm honestly starting to think it's because many just hate Spike and/or the writer; he just doesn't have the fan base to protect him like the other mane 6. I mean the biggest complaint for that episode is that he doesn't clean the kitchen properly (I think the problem's much bigger than that). Anyways, SAYS does have it's issues, but it's no worse than what other episodes have displayed.

• Brohoof 1

^ I'm honestly starting to think it's because many just hate Spike and/or the writer; he just doesn't have the fan base to protect him like the other mane 6. I mean the biggest complaint for that episode is that he doesn't clean the kitchen properly (I think the problem's much bigger than that). Anyways, SAYS does have it's issues, but it's no worse than what other episodes have displayed.

Yeah that would make sense. I really don't think it's any more problematic than other episodes. I know the main argument is Spike suddenly a klutz when he helps Twilight fine all the time but Applejack's work is rather different to Twilight's. Hence why she pulled that "AHHH" face when looking at the axe (?) for things for him to do.

• Brohoof 1

Ok, got some more:
- I don't understand why everyone loves Luna so much, she has a cool design but she doesn't do that much

- I actually like Snips and Snails

- Rainbow Dash and Applejack should have their elements of harmony swapped around

I hate most of Season 2.

The episodes Lauren written weren't good.

I despise One Bad Apple.

Babs Seed is worst crusader.

I find Derpy Hooves very overrated.

Every Spike episodes suck.

I don't like Princess Luna.

Yeah that would make sense. I really don't think it's any more problematic than other episodes. I know the main argument is Spike suddenly a klutz when he helps Twilight fine all the time but Applejack's work is rather different to Twilight's. Hence why she pulled that "AHHH" face when looking at the axe (?) for things for him to do.

^ Yup, and if people are going to focus sooo much on Spike being out of character and claiming it's such a bad episode because he 's not "cleaning a kitchen", then they have to acknowledge other incidents in the show with the same out of character problem:

Examples

- Twilight in Look Before You Sleep or even Lesson Zero

- Pinkie Pie in Wonderbolt Academy

- Rarity in Sleepless in Ponyvile

- Rainbow Dash in Mare Do Well

- Fluttershy in Magic Duel

- Luna in a Crystal Empire

I don't understand why everyone loves Luna so much, she has a cool design but she doesn't do that much

I think that it's for the same reason that teenage girls love Sasuke or Shadow the Hedgehog or Hiei or Edward Cullen or pretty much any other dark brooding male fictional character who looks sexy without a shirt. Just do a gender swap, and you have the "homg I relate to your darkness" dealio going on.

• Brohoof 1

Here are some of my opinions:

- Fluttershy is pretty overrated.

- I was indifferent to the fact that Twilight was becoming an alicorn, even before the episode aired.

- I honestly don't care if Hasbro removed Derpy from the show. She still continues to live on in both the fandom and the official, licensed by Hasbro merchandise.

- Luna is also overrated in this fandom, but I wouldn't mind it if she got more screen time.

- I think the background ponies need more speaking roles.

- I don't know if this one counts, since Double Rainboom was made by fans, but I'm going to state it anyway: I didn't enjoy Double Rainboom all that much. I didn't really enjoy the crossover with the Powerpuff Girls, and I thought that the constant references to the brony fandom were over-the-top.

post-14803-0-80307700-1374210303.gif

• Brohoof 2

I don't know if this one counts, since Double Rainboom was made by fans, but I'm going to state it anyway: I didn't enjoy Double Rainboom all that much. I didn't really enjoy the crossover with the Powerpuff Girls, and I thought that the constant references to the brony fandom were over-the-top.

A lot of people didn't like Double Rainboom. I liked its animation and visual effects, but the story wasn't very good. It was like animating a fan-fiction.

• Brohoof 5

(edited)

Hmmm...unpopular opinions....

• Rarity represents the element of Vanity rather than Generosity
  • I don't like Doctor Whooves.
  • I think the show has turned into Twilight And Friends
  • Although I understand the reason why they are called "princesses" and not "queens", I still think they should be called "queens" or some rank higher than "princess".
  • I don't think Rarity's cutie mark is appropriate, given her real talent is fashion rather than gem finding.
  • I'd like to see more of Spike + Rarity
  • I don't really like Zicora
  • Friendship is Magic, part two is probably the worst episode of the series.
  • The less Pinky Pie, the better

I bet that last one really riled some ponies.  :)

Pearls of Wisdom - "It's not enough to be sorry when you've done something wrong.  You must correct what you did." - Father Mouse ('Twas the Night Before Christmas)

Edited by Lighthope

• 2 weeks later...

I really don't like how so many ponies hate Celestia.....

I think that rainbow dash as one to many fans, I love her don't get me wrong but come on now...

don't much care for twilicorn but hey season 4 is coming soon so who knows, maybe I'll change my mind....

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I find Rainbow Dash having the most colourful mane ironic as I think she has the most 2D character of all the mane 6, all I translate out of her is OTT arrogance.

P.s. I would say I hate Pinkie more, but I actually understand why she is OTT as part of her character development from Pinkamena. :P

Edited by Scrumpy
  • Brohoof 1

Cadance is my favourite Princess, haha. Spike is second on my favourite characters list. Merriwether William's episodes are enjoyable. Amy Keating Rogers is the best writer IMO. Season 3 was my favourite season. I don't mind Twilight becoming an alicorn. 

• Brohoof 2