Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Dump your weird thoughts here.

GottlosMann

Sometimes I wonder about the importance placed on having a college degree for certain things.  My father never went to college.  Albeit, he's like 61, but that's kind of my point.  Things really changed as to how much importance is placed on college.  I understand that for many jobs it's needed, but, from everything I've heard, you get re-taught the basics once you're in your career most of the time.  

I'm in college, and I'm doing fine.  So it's not about that.  I just have a weird feeling about college being too much like high school, teaching us extra, unnecessary stuff.  High school is meant for that, of course... but college needs to focus more on just the field of major a person is in.  I'm a computer science major, I don't need Bio/Chem.  Lol.  It's just peculiar to me.  I don't have enough focus on what's more important when I'm crammed with other subjects, unrelated to my major.  

---

On a brighter "weird" thought...

Having been someone who has had insomnia before... I can tell you there are different types and stages of it.  It sucks.  But, here's the weird part: a certain type of insomnia... when you're having it... you almost like it.  It's like an auto-pilot mode, but you feel numb... Now, I know it sounds like that describes any insomnia... but believe me, when I say numb, I mean, numb.  You don't feel anything.  It's like the synapses that shut off for when you go to sleep are stuck on, and at the same time, the ones that stay off when you're awake, turn on when you're awake.  I like to call that, "limbo insomnia."  It takes forever to get out of.  At least, though, that type of insomnia rarely has ever happened to me. 

~ Team RiverMiles

• Brohoof 1

I have a tendency to lay in bed at random times during the day and just ponder everything. Sometimes, I wonder what it would be like to be the president of the United States. Then the next minute, I consider how much time I have spent playing WoW. Then I remember something random that I did years ago. Then I ponder my future. Then I wonder where has all the rum gone... My mind is a circus and I am the spectator.

~ Team RiverMiles

• Brohoof 1

• 2 years later...

It feels good to revive a thread lost in time

But my weird thought is when people say the future is not written in stone, technically if you where about to do something but then said you'd do something else then that would had been written in stone that you where going to decide to do something else, I have the weirdest thoughts sometimes...

I am going to grace your screens with some of the weirdest quotes/questions/thoughts from me and my friends (yes, I have quotes from me and my friends written down, and you're about to see why):

• "Do they accelerate that?" - we don't know. The thing he was on about is not something that would accelerate.
  • "Why are humans so bangable?" - He was wondering why in a lot of rpg's you get half-breed humans (half-orcs, half-elves, etc.) but never any orc/elves, and this was his phrasing.
  • "Medic, it's your job  to heal, not to live." - we don't know.
  • "What is the point in breathing?" - me, I was referring to the fact that I was playing a character in a game that was technically dead, yet they were still breathing. 
  • "What is romwwor if dody is timhfoe?" - also me, I have no idea what this means, I was very drunk.
  • "Some people know sign language." - This strange musing occurred in a hallway when my friend spotted a picture of someone clapping.
  • "You do 6+6 then add 1" - they were trying to do 6 + 7.
  • "Just watch The Matrix and you'll understand." - This was one of my teachers, and The Matrix had nothing to do with what they were trying to teach.
  • Brohoof 1

Every work of fiction, every stray thought, every slight hesitation and reconsideration, has created an entirely separate universe. This means every fanfic is real. A scary thought, indeed.

Aliens aren't really extraterrestrial in origin, they're us evolved, and their craft are capable of time travel. When this is taken into account, all those alien abductions, encounters, and sightings could simply be teenage aliens "having fun" with their parent's vehicles. Another idea is that they're a group of students on a "field trip" through history. Or y'know, could be both.

We regard artifacts from archeological digs with rather high importance, calling them "idols" and "fetishes," but what if they were just a child's toy?

Last but not least, can the Keyblade harm the Dead Men of Dunharrow? The Keyblade has shown itself capable of existing on other planes entirely, so can it?

I often wonder why humans kiss, and enjoy kissing so much. What is the purpose behind this basically instinctual act? How did we evolve to kiss those we love, or associate the connection of lips with romance?

Then I wonder if everything including our memories and pasts just suddenly came into existence mere moments ago and it just feels like a long time.

After that I'd think about how life would be as a plant. Would you have feelings? Could you feel pain? If you died, would you even know you're dead?

• Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...

Religion is something humans created... And thats why my religion is Celestianism. I´m a deep believeing Celestian.

And as an Celestian I can talk to every equine on earth.... thats true ! Want proofs. ( Damn this wine was strong this evening )

On 8/24/2017 at 9:28 PM, Twilight Witch said:

I am always thinking of alternate histories and realities. Many of which are dystopian. I

Yeah, I'm a huge fan of alternative history and reality. Its always nice to imagine a "what if so and so" happened instead of the regular events.

• Brohoof 3

• 2 weeks later...

I feel like it's inefficient to flush the toilet every time one goes to the bathroom when it's just for a small amount of tinkle-juice or chocolate; all that poor water:wacko: . Why not wait for a certain amount of volume to be reached before flushing, or storing in a bucket for later flushing :fluttershy: ?

Also I often thinks about and visualize the atmosphere as a huge air ocean that covers everything we interact with and how we can't even really tell because we're used to this constant :derp:

• Brohoof 2

On 10/1/2017 at 1:29 PM, Ninetales said:

Yeah, I'm a huge fan of alternative history and reality. Its always nice to imagine a "what if so and so" happened instead of the regular events.

I am, too!

In this series of M-rated Video Games called Zero Escape, they talk about alterative histories, particularly in the 2nd game, Virtue's Last Reward, where one character talks all about the theory.

I'll be very surprised if any of you heard of the series.

You and I, dude, all of y'all reading this. We're just fluctuations in quantum fields. You may be over there, and I may be over here, but we're part of the same quantum fields. Like waves in an ocean... the waves themselves may seem to be separate from each other, but they're all part of a larger whole.

• Brohoof 1

34 minutes ago, Prospekt said:

What if every possible reality exists in parallel to one another and every time there are multiple possible outcomes to a situation, every possible outcome splits into a new reality?

Basically this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Many-worlds_interpretation

I love pondering that kind of stuff. :ooh:

I like to think that reality itself is subjective in nature. "Reality" is really just perception, so those worlds do exist in the sense that they can be imagined. If we can imagine them, then we perceive them, and since reality is merely perception, then those worlds do exist. Just another way to think about it.

• Brohoof 2

I just realized that cars in the late 90's and 2000's are now approaching close to 20 years old now. I feel so old now but at least some cars that I liked during that time are now affordable. 

I haven't been this unsettled by my dreams in years... until now. My dreams (the ones I remember) are like different universes I can travel through. I meet and talk to so many things in them. Not all of them are friendly however. I'm starting to realize patterns in them. Trees, houses and children. The dreams I had last night had all three of those in them. 

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...