Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Pokemon X and Y Discussion Thread

BrainyBrony

Yes, it should.

Also, it was, it'd be great to see another version it gets ignored a lot, and it'd be great to see used so much more.

And great nicknames actually, last two caught my eye, I'm quite the fairytail fan, and Nice actually.

And I normally name myself Talon for absolutely no reason at all, I just seem to... And it seems like a good idea, but also a bad idea, since Gardevoir isn't really exactly based off a Feminine Character, after time it was made to be one, but it really isn't, but it could work.

Also, some new news, if it hasn't been shared with you all yet.

Mega Charizard X has been revealed, I'm not sure if it's good or bad, but finally, Charizard has become a Fire/Dragon Type, what people always wanted, but the thing is, does that mean all starters get an X and Y Mega Evolution? If so, that could be a deal-breaker since they could easily screw up.

Oh my god, I love it. I mean, I liked the first Mega Charizard in the first place, but after seeing this I can't not pick Charmander(or perhaps train one ahead of time, but I'll probably still need to pick it for the stone). :yay:

As for version-exclusive evolutions, I guess it's weird yeah, and I don't know how many more Pokemon they'll do this with(I can definitely see Charizard being a special case considering its popularity), but it seems with the 2 we've seen so far they're making them unique and good, and if the trend continues X will have more physically attuned Megas and Y will have more of the special attacking ones, maybe. :huh:

• Brohoof 1

Oh my god, I love it. I mean, I liked the first Mega Charizard in the first place, but after seeing this I can't not pick Charmander(or perhaps train one ahead of time, but I'll probably still need to pick it for the stone). yay.png

As for version-exclusive evolutions, I guess it's weird yeah, and I don't know how many more Pokemon they'll do this with(I can definitely see Charizard being a special case considering its popularity), but it seems with the 2 we've seen so far they're making them unique and good, and if the trend continues X will have more physically attuned Megas and Y will have more of the special attacking ones, maybe. huh.png

Personally, I HATE Charizard, he's just terrible, and over-hyped as hell, but I really love this Mega-Evo, I mean I may consider picking Charmander and using him to be honest.

And It could work, though I don't want to see all the good one's being put on one version, sure it maybe great, but it's not all so fair.

And it would really make sense that way, it looks like so with Mewtwo and Charizard so far, they might release more of them soon, though it's being released very soon.

Yes, it should.

Also, it was, it'd be great to see another version it gets ignored a lot, and it'd be great to see used so much more.

And great nicknames actually, last two caught my eye, I'm quite the fairytail fan, and Nice actually.

And I normally name myself Talon for absolutely no reason at all, I just seem to... And it seems like a good idea, but also a bad idea, since Gardevoir isn't really exactly based off a Feminine Character, after time it was made to be one, but it really isn't, but it could work.

Mega Charizard X has been revealed, I'm not sure if it's good or bad, but finally, Charizard has become a Fire/Dragon Type, what people always wanted, but the thing is, does that mean all starters get an X and Y Mega Evolution? If so, that could be a deal-breaker since they could easily screw up.

Similar reasoning to why I use Karu. It just works.

Gardevoir's description in the Pokedex made me consider it more than anything. It's power peaks when protecting it's trainer; enough to create a miniature black hole. It will give its life to protect its trusted trainer. A really powerful love. The design is graceful as well, so the concept seems to suit it. I feel as a similar concept may work better than this particular one though...we'll see. As for the gender factor, I was compiling a list of female and male names for each Pokemon; now, I don't really care what gender it is. The name just reflects its nature and/or concept, so I'm not differentiating too much. Malamar reminds me of Ursula from The Little Mermaid, so that's probably the name it's getting (male or female).

Mega Charizard X...didn't see that one coming, lol. Has me wondering how many variants there are for the others, too. As it was mentioned, the distinction might be the physical and special boosts to each form. That wouldn't work particularly well for some (unless they boost the top two stats- like Venasaur gets defense boost in X and sp.defense boost in Y); may also be an exception, but can't be sure. I'm leaning towards a trend...not sure how it'll be pulled off though. Literally a game-changer.

I mentioned this before, but I still don't believe that "leaked" chart showing which pokemon get mega evolutions. Maybe everyone else disagrees with my logic, or maybe they just haven't thought of it, but the chart includes Zangoose but not Seviper, when those two pokemon were clearly set up as rivals in their original games.

Unless, maybe the leaked chart was for mega-evolutions in ONE of the games, while the other game gets a different set. We have seen quite a few game-differentiated mega-evolutions so that's a possibility.

In light of Mega Charizard X, a variation rather than separation seems to be the trend. If they were just separated though, I'd imagine Gallade and Gardevoir wouldn't have appeared on the same list. Perhaps something was lost/added in transition(re-typing the list) or maybe the leak was fabricated. Whatever the case, we'll have a lot of information after the games release.

They've put a lot of effort into it these games, so I'm sure it won't disappoint. Most of those icons will probably receive Mega forms.

Edited by Starlight Sky
  • Brohoof 1

WTF Why does this have to happen after i reserve Y version!!!!! Gonna have to go back to gamestop and see if I can switch to X now. This new mega evolution is nasty!

Hey guys, Pride here! I'm totally buying Pokemon X on the day of release, so I figured I'd join this thread and interact with my fellow Pokemon loving Brony friends XD

Fun fact, my friend Sheldon and I are going to go to the store two hours earlier and play Pokemon while we wait to get in! It's gonna be so much fun. I just can't wait to play a new region and train up a new team! 

• Brohoof 2

So it seems some lucky people got the game early... As such, there are leaks abound all around, and being unable to resist these things myself, I went around and found pics of the final starter evolutions(SPOILERS obviously):

Chespin's final evo:

1380758852897.jpg

Rumored name is Chesnaught, name there is a nickname I believe. Supposedly Grass/Fighting type.

Fennekin's final evo:

5TY1eDo.jpg

Delphox, Fire/Psychic, 100% confirmed it seems.

Froakie's final evo:

k7gisqf.jpg

Greninja, Water/Dark, also seemingly 100% confirmed.

Personally, I love them all, they look great to me. Probably going for Chespin or Froakie since I'm going for Charmander on the Kanto side though. :yay:

Resist if you dare, just thought I'd dig 'em up for you guys if you wanted to see them. :wacko:

• Brohoof 3

Resist if you dare, just thought I'd dig 'em up for you guys if you wanted to see them. wacko.png

Thanks for posting those up. I've been waiting very long to see their final evolutions. They all look weird to me right now since they are new. Not sure who to pick now haha

• Brohoof 2

looks like they didn't go with the reverse type triangle with the secondary typings, so fennekin will beat chespin rather easily and chespin will beat froakie and so on /=|

too bad it wasn't the other way with the secondary types

• Brohoof 2

So it seems some lucky people got the game early... As such, there are leaks abound all around, and being unable to resist these things myself, I went around and found pics of the final starter evolutions(SPOILERS obviously):

Chespin's final evo:

img-1899068-1-1380758852897.jpg

Rumored name is Chesnaught, name there is a nickname I believe. Supposedly Grass/Fighting type.

Fennekin's final evo:

img-1899068-2-5TY1eDo.jpg

Froakie's final evo:

img-1899068-3-k7gisqf.jpg

Personally, I love them all, they look great to me. Probably going for Chespin or Froakie since I'm going for Charmander on the Kanto side though. yay.png

Resist if you dare, just thought I'd dig 'em up for you guys if you wanted to see them. wacko.png

Thanks for sharing this. I really like what I'm seeing. Not just the forms, but everything else as well....opinions below 

Delphox has the presence of a mage. Perfect for my psychic team! After reading it's Pokedex entry, I've decided on the name Pyre. Holds it's love of twigs while recognizing it's immense pyrokinetic powers.

Chesnaught and Greninja have great designs, too. The armidillo armor feels like a fresh concept. That bulky brawler looks tough; and it's moveset has new (apparently physical) grass moves. The sleek shot of a water ninja was the most striking. That water shuriken attack has me expecting a bunch of new moves to balance out the special and physical type attacks in each type class.

looks like they didn't go with the reverse type triangle with the secondary typings, so fennekin will beat chespin rather easily and chespin will beat froakie and so on /=|

too bad it wasn't the other way with the secondary types

Well, you went and said it, so...a "no spoiler" response: yeah. Their all the worst fear of the other. Each doubly weak to another....THE WEAKNESS HAS BEEN DOUBLED!!!

Edited by Starlight Sky
  • Brohoof 1

Thanks! Yeah I don't really do competitive play either, but I do try to raise my Pokémon to that standard since it's not hard for me. And yeah, I definitely usually have a consistent main story team as well, kinda weird not to lol.

Yeah, i think having to swap teams around mid game would be odd. 

But i do enjoy switching up teams of course to try different things in different playthroughs.

Yes, it should.

I normally just name myself Zygen, never would have guessed huh?

I quite like my username, so yeah, i see no reason not to use it in pokemon ;p.

And I quite like Mega charizard X, I hope we get some equally cool Y evolutions to.

I also hope the game has a decent amount of pokemon atleast. Not just counting megas.

I kinda am wishing lately that i got X... But i pre ordered Y. oh well :/.

Hopefully i'll have some cool stuff regardless in Y.

Hey guys, Pride here! I'm totally buying Pokemon X on the day of release, so I figured I'd join this thread and interact with my fellow Pokemon loving Brony friends XD

Fun fact, my friend Sheldon and I are going to go to the store two hours earlier and play Pokemon while we wait to get in! It's gonna be so much fun. I just can't wait to play a new region and train up a new team! 

Hey there! Glad you decided to join in on the discussion!

And that sounds like fun! Great way to wait for a new pokemon game xD. 

I'm gonna be busy most of the day it comes out most likely, so i don't think i'll be able to do anything like that really, nor do i have anyone to do that with, but still definitely getting the game.

Chespin's final evo:

img-1899068-1-1380758852897.jpg

Fennekin's final evo:

img-1899068-2-5TY1eDo.jpg

Froakie's final evo:

img-1899068-3-k7gisqf.jpg

Personally, I love them all, they look great to me. Probably going for Chespin or Froakie since I'm going for Charmander on the Kanto side though. yay.png

I tried to resist, but i just had to.

All of them look cool, not totally what i expected, but cool overall. I'm sure like all new pokemon they'll grow on me.

I'm trying to not spoil to much for myself though, i don't wanna spoil the game, so i'm getting to the point where i'm avoiding most spoilers. Since so many are floating around.

• Brohoof 4

Thanks for sharing this. I really like what I'm seeing. Not just the forms, but everything else as well....opinions below

Delphox has the presence of a mage. Perfect for my psychic team! After reading it's Pokedex entry, I've decided on the name Pyre. Holds it's love of twigs while recognizing it's immense pyrokinetic powers.

Chesnaught and Greninja have great designs, too. The armidillo armor feels like a fresh concept. That bulky brawler looks tough; and it's moveset has new (apparently physical) grass moves. The sleek shot of a water ninja was the most striking. That water shuriken attack has me expecting a bunch of new moves to balance out the special and physical type attacks in each type class.

Well, you went and said it, so...a "no spoiler" response: yeah. Their all the worst fear of the other. Each doubly weak to another....THE WEAKNESS HAS BEEN DOUBLED!!!

Needle Arm and Seed Bomb aren't new, but yeah, it definitely looks like it'll be a bulky physical attacker.

I think I'm leaning towards Froakie atm, seems it'll end up being a really good Pokémon. :)

(As for spoilering responses, I dunno, up to you guys I guess lol)

• Brohoof 1

I am so disappointed with Fennekin's final form... its second one was so promising but... dang they screwed up. I'm still going to train it though, I might keep it at its second form and use an Eviolite. On the other hand I'm hoping to start my game with a Ralts & two Eevees!  

Edited by Pride

Needle Arm and Seed Bomb aren't new, but yeah, it definitely looks like it'll be a bulky physical attacker.

I think I'm leaning towards Froakie atm, seems it'll end up being a really good Pokémon. smile.png

(As for spoilering responses, I dunno, up to you guys I guess lol)

Hahaha. I've gone from over checking posts to overlooking obvious errors :P Thanks for pointing that out. Something along the lines of "shows the existence of new grass type moves" was intended. Was worried about physical water and grass types due to lack of physical attacks, so hoping to see more moves balance that out a bit.

Ehhh, the impulse to use spoilers has subsided. An in the moment thing I guess, lol.

img-1899559-1-1379717_565447663491054_80

This is Fennekin's last Evo, It looks quite horrible to me... It could have been done so much better, but I'll live with it, I guess I'm going with another starter though.

Certainly has a demure demeanor; especially compared to it's previous form. I imagined a more majestic look, but wasn't really rooting for it. It's mage form feels right for a psychic type. Sleek and strong...a tad like Alakazam. I'm looking forward to raising it.

Edited by Starlight Sky

Certainly has a demure demeanor; especially compared to it's previous form. I imagined a more majestic look, but wasn't really rooting for it. It's mage form feels right for a psychic type. Sleek and strong...a tad like Alakazam. I'm looking forward to raising it.

I see what you mean, and I agree with you, It's just that I got excited to hope this is what it would become and it looks much better in my mind.

Fennekin_final_evolution.jpg

• Brohoof 2

I see what you mean, and I agree with you, It's just that I got excited to hope this is what it would become and it looks much better in my mind.

img-1899907-1-Fennekin_final_evolution.j

Not an unpopular opinion, I'm sure XD Given how all their evolutionary lines went, Fennekin's should surprise most.

Chespin's second form didn't raise specific hopes for the final appearance (just an awesome armored armidillo). Froakie steadily shaped into a sleek shinobi. Fennekin's went from a sprightly spellcaster to a somewhat aged mage (with a darker coat that seems to restrict movement). Visually the strangest, but conceptually the strongest. Those who focus on psychic training typically trade their physical vigor for one reason or another. Plus, it's love of twigs and advanced pyro powers makes the name Pyre perfect for it! The theme has a thorough follow through.

Btw, that's a really nice picture. It's closer to the color scheme I imagined. Quite similar to Alakazam's physique...which isn't a bad thing, but I prefer the distinct difference in design. Captures the full feeling of a(n) [rpg] mage whose inner fire remains unseen at most times Fairy tail mages are a breed of their own (=P). Fully cloaked and reserved in appearance, it gives off a silent sort of strength. Making it's flames all the more fearsome. Rarely seen, but especially fierce.

Edited by Starlight Sky

img-1899559-1-1379717_565447663491054_80

This is Fennekin's last Evo, It looks quite horrible to me... It could have been done so much better, but I'll live with it, I guess I'm going with another starter though.

Yes^ That thing is disappointing. I had plans to start with fennekin but no so sure anymore. Might go with froakie. It's just as well because I plan on getting charmander so it will balance my team out a bit more. Wouldnt be very balanced having a charmander, torchic, and fennekin in one team.

^That would have been awesome.

• Brohoof 1

Great...just great...way to make it even harder for me to pick which starter I want! I'm probably gonna still stick with Fennekin since I always go for the fire starter first, but for once I can say that I don't outright hate any of these starters.

In terms of typing and gameplay, I predict Chesnaught will be either a physical wall/attacker or a mix of both, since not only are grass and fighting both physical heavy types, but defensively they are utterly destroyed by the big name special types like Ice, Fire and Psychic, so any kind of defense against special attacks is out of the question.

Delphox = special attacker, no question. Fire and Psychic are two of, if not the best special types in terms of attacking and putting them together is pretty much a lethal combination. I'm going to name him Roku. 

And finally Greninja...if the fact that he's a ninja wasn't enough of a hint, he'll more than likely be the Fragile Speedster of the group, especially considering that dark and water are pretty much average in terms of raw power or sheer defense.

Edited by PoisonClaw
  • Brohoof 1

Yes! All of my yes! I so wish this was the true final form of Fennekin! It looks so incredible; exactly as I would have imagined it to have looked. 

• Brohoof 1

I'm feeling a bit let down with Fennekin's final evolution... Truthfully, I was hoping it would end up turning into something like Ninetales, but I never expected this as the final design. That one design that was speculated looks so much better to me.

I'm willing to accept change... but the design just irks me a bit. I'll either go with froggie or buzz lightyear from star command this generation. I was planning on getting charmander anyway...

Edited by Celtore
  • Brohoof 1

Variety 'ere. Pretty sure I'm going to be picking up Y the day of release. :D I prefer the legendary and the y charizard mega (which seems to be an unpopular opinion). If anyone ever wants to play after it's out, I'd be totally down with it!

Will be replaying black this week to get hyped.

• Brohoof 4

I heard the leak was in Canada, and judging by the game case he got, that was a Quebec copy.  I won't take advantage of it though because 1) I don't have time to play it now and 2) I'll try not to be a jerk by buying the game a week in advance.  Now, I'll probably take fennekin but, hell, they could have done so much more.  What happened to the stick, if I may ask?  Froakie's evolution is alright and Chespin's evo is way too bulky for my liking.  Guess it's gen 3 all over again with the starters for me.  I liked them all at first but they just got worse with each evolution (except treecko, I always loved grovyle a lot).  I'm getting better in italian now, just so I can play the game in it :)

• Brohoof 1

I hope that Venasaur, and Blastoise get an 2nd mega-evolution too, if Charizard was the only Kanto starter that got one it would seem kind of like Nintendo was playing favorites.

Anyways, I have the feeling that X will be more popular. The first name (GOLD and Silver. RUBY and Sapphire. DIAMOND and Pearl.) always seem to be more popular.

Edited by Seibutsu Akuma
  • Brohoof 1

I hope that Venasaur, and Blastoise get an 2nd mega-evolution too, if Charizard was the only Kanto starter that got one it would seem kind of like Nintendo was playing favorites.

Anyways, I have the feeling that X will be more popular. The first name (GOLD and Silver. RUBY and Sapphire. DIAMOND and Pearl.) always seem to be more popular.

I think they've been confirmed to, but idk.

Regardless only seems logical.

I'd be very surprised if that were not so.

And yeah it does seem that way, even me getting Y i'm having second guesses, but i already pre ordered so yeah.. ;p. 

Although I like Silver more then Gold, and Sapphire more then ruby, and well i like Diamond more then pearl ;p. And as for black and white, well I like Zekrom better, so white ;p. 

Dunno if theres any real pattern, just comes down to preference. Which with so many pokemon there are many many preferences between fans.

Which i'm cool with i find it quite interesting :D.

Variety 'ere. Pretty sure I'm going to be picking up Y the day of release. :D I prefer the legendary and the y charizard mega (which seems to be an unpopular opinion). If anyone ever wants to play after it's out, I'd be totally down with it!Will be replaying black this week to get hyped.

Well, Y Charizard will be great no matter what if not for Drought alone, but X Charizard really can't be beaten for its coolness. I've even trained a physical Charizard in anticipation to use it as Mega Charizard X, can't wait. :yay:

And yeah, I've been playing 5th gen as well in anticipation, trying to wrap up some stuff like finding legendaries and some other post-game sidequests, in addition to the aforementioned Charizard training. ;)

I hope that Venasaur, and Blastoise get an 2nd mega-evolution too, if Charizard was the only Kanto starter that got one it would seem kind of like Nintendo was playing favorites. Anyways, I have the feeling that X will be more popular. The first name (GOLD and Silver. RUBY and Sapphire. DIAMOND and Pearl.) always seem to be more popular.

I dunno, they might yet they might not. I think they said in an interview though that they chose mega evolutions based on popularity, and, well, Charizard is quite a bit more popular than Venusaur and Blastoise, but we'll see I guess. :huh:

As for the first names being more popular, I think Silver was more popular than Gold actually, but I'm not sure.

(I've personally went Blue/Yellow>Gold>Ruby/Leafgreen>Diamond/HeartGold>White/White 2>X myself though)