Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Pokemon X and Y Discussion Thread

BrainyBrony

@@silverreverb,

It's obviously a good thing

But yea some of them definitely aren't up to par with others. And then there are the ones that are a lot better than most of the other ones *coughMegaCharizardXcough*

I wouldn't mind seeing Mega evolutions in upcoming generations, but they already did my to favorite pokemon so I'm all set for now. 

I hope those mega evoltions are balanced...I'm not wasting my money on a game where all you do is find the magical stone and instantly win every battle...as long as there's a downfall to using these stones (besides wasting it's item slot) I'm Happy.

I hope those mega evoltions are balanced...I'm not wasting my money on a game where all you do is find the magical stone and instantly win every battle...as long as there's a downfall to using these stones (besides wasting it's item slot) I'm Happy.

Well there seems to be a lot of restrictions

It seems that pokemon can only mega evolve after 8 pm (with no current announced ending time) and you can only have one mega evolving pokemon in your party at a time. And by that I don't mean you can't have an Ampharos and a Gengar at the same time, you just can't have both of them have Mega Stones. 

It seems that pokemon can only mega evolve after 8 pm (with no current announced ending time) and you can only have one mega evolving pokemon in your party at a time. And by that I don't mean you can't have an Ampharos and a Gengar at the same time, you just can't have both of them have Mega Stones. 

That's a bit of a relief I guess...what else? Does anyone know yet? Even if it's only one if it can easily steamroll the entire team...I'm hearing of things like stat boosts, type changes (charzard becomes resistant to water) abillity swaps (venasaur becomes resistant to both fire and ice), are there any drawback to these that we know of?

That's a bit of a relief I guess...what else? Does anyone know yet? Even if it's only one if it can easily steamroll the entire team...I'm hearing of things like stat boosts, type changes (charzard becomes resistant to water) abillity swaps (venasaur becomes resistant to both fire and ice), are there any drawback to these that we know of?

all the mega evos come with some sort of stat boost. like the mega charizard evos have a focus on attack but their defenses don't seem to noticeably changed so mega charizard x can be taken out by a decently strong dragon pulse and mega charizard y still have a x4 weakness to rock

I'm not sure if one mega evo will sweep a team. I doubt it will. these mega evos don't look like they are shaping up to be game enders 

This is not true. There is no time-based restrictions on Mega Evolutions. The only restriction is that you can only use a Mega Evolution once per battle. You can have as many Pokemon that can use Mega Evolutions as you want in your party, but only one of them can evolve per battle.

You can have as many Pokemon that can use Mega Evolutions as you want in your party, but only one of them can evolve per battle.

Yea I know i said that

This is not true. There is no time-based restrictions on Mega Evolutions.

No i definitely read on serebii that there is a time restriction. I'll copy/paste what it said

07:30: The Mega Ring will only react to hidden Mega Stones after 8pm

Actually wait... Now I'm not so sure what this means....

No i definitely read on serebii that there is a time restriction. I'll copy/paste what it said

07:30: The Mega Ring will only react to hidden Mega Stones after 8pm

Actually wait... Now I'm not so sure what this means....

that just means you can't find the mega stones until after 8pm. the images on serebii show the mega evolution during the day. then again, the battle area could just be one setting and not change depending on the time of day

• Brohoof 2

Yea I know i said that  No i definitely read on serebii that there is a time restriction. I'll copy/paste what it said 07:30: The Mega Ring will only react to hidden Mega Stones after 8pm[/size]Actually wait... Now I'm not so sure what this means....

Hidden Mega Stones... sounds like some of them will be invisible items or something that you can only find at night with this Mega Ring rather than the Dowsing Machine or something, that's what I get out of it anyway. :huh:

• Brohoof 1

that just means you can't find the mega stones until after 8pm.

No it's not that cause they said that at a different time

08:42: Mega Stones can only be found between 8pm and 9pm

So there's some type of difference between the first thing and this.

Maybe you can find them any time between 8pm and midnight (or something, it might go until 8am but the point is some period of time) but you can only COLLECT the ones you find if you find them immediately. Basically you'll go around finding the spots then need to remember them until the next day and grab all the ones you can in that one hour? I don't know, having such a restriction at all seems weird.

Hay there, @@Midnight Gaze. Just letting you know your thread about Pokemon X and Y has been merged with a thread that we already had. Have fun discussing!

I haven't played Pokemon since the GBA era... I am way behind! :D

I bought a 3DS XL just for this game. biggrin.png

I'll be going to Gamestop in about 2 hours to get my copy of Pokemon Y. 

I've been waiting so long for this game! I'm so excited!

I'm going to get a 3DS XL too! I'm so exited! I'm going to Gamestop probably sometime this afternoon to get the game, then go to Giancarloparimango11's channel.

Got my copy of Pokémon Y about 5 hours ago. I'm extremely impressed with the game, but you still can't have multiple save files... sad.png

Anyways, I'm a YouTube gamer, and wanted to do a let's play, but I don't possess a capture card. So I challenged myself to make the best let's play I can, with only a normal 3DS, and an iPod Touch 4th gen!

I present to you:

Pokémon X & Y: The iPod Adventures Series

(I will post first episode of 40 minutes when it's done uploading)

Pokemon X and Y are out today! I'm getting X today and borrowing my brother's 3DS until I buy my own. Are you getting Y or X? And do you have/want to get an 3DS or 3DS XL?

Im getting y hopefully today, I pre ordered it, so it's just a matter of being able to go get it.

And I have a 3ds because of it, and other games.

Someday they will figure out multiple saves are a good thing but until then we can only dream about them and hope that one day one pokemon game dev will think its smart

Yeah it sucks that they still don't hve that :(

But I'll still enjoy the game I think.

I'm gonna hopefully pick mine up today, but it's my moms birthday so I can't be that pushy about it or anything.

Yeah, I got it! :yay:

eR0nNpQ.jpg

Also got the Shiny Giratina in White 2 from Gamestop while I was there. They also offered me a Pikachu plush but I didn't want it. :P

Anyway, time to play. :D

Edited by ~Chaotic SBB~
  • Brohoof 2

I got X today, as soon as the shop opened because the guy said I could have trouble getting it if I didn't come early, since I didn't reserve a copy.  There was a ton of them so I don't know how they'd run out so fast, we're just a small town after all :\  Well, I did put my game in Italian, as I said I would.  It just sounds so nice :D  I would continue playing but my 3ds is already in the red...

• Brohoof 1