Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Pokemon X and Y Discussion Thread

BrainyBrony

I watched a guy on YouTube play Y and saw that you don't get Ampharosite until the aftergame. Never have I been so sad or dissapointed.

You can find the Ampharosite before beating the Elite Four.

Travel beneath the Sea Spirits Den in Azure bay, and a man on an island (next to a fishing trainer) will give you Ampharosite.

I watched a guy on YouTube play Y and saw that you don't get Ampharosite until the aftergame. Never have I been so sad or dissapointed.

You think that's bad? The Alakazite isn't available before beating the game which really pissed me off. Now I'm worried because  my friend beat the elite four and went back to reflection cave to get the alakazite and said it still wasn't there. I sure hope its not exclusive to Y version. Then I'll really be mad. Mega Alakazam is the main reason I spent over 1 hour hunting for an Abra on route 5.

@@Zygen, Seems to be the place to get them! I have not seen one yet.

Thought to be honest, I saw loads and caught a pickachu where as a lot of people never saw one despite being in the same area.

@@KandeeFlaus, The funny thing is, I have done no EV training and not really selected pokemon for any reason what so ever and seem to be able to beat friends who have done a fair amount of EV training :x 

Now I've completed the game I think ill make a decent team, though I have no idea what pokemon to take as when I play, I jsut take the coolest looking pokemon haha

• Brohoof 1

I've yet to get the game until tomorrow, which is depressing me, I have the game, though I don't own a 3DS which is sad, I'm borrowing my cousins for a while, so I can play it, but until then I've been thinking up a team, I'm pretty set on it, seems like something that could end well.

Navi the Sylveon
Loki the Delphox
Alucard the Absol
Mercutio the Roserade
Reiki the Lucario
Raine the Lapras

I'm confused about the whole pokemon-ami I've looked through the eshop and I can't find it. Where is it? I want to get a slyveon later.

You're looking to hard bro lol. Press the L or R button to switch menus on your touchscreen. The pink pokemon ami screen should pop up. I've only used it a few times. You need to pet and feed the living crap out of your pokemon to get their heart meter up.

Never thought i would post here anymore ehh... i make exceptions. So i got the game last Friday morning, yet i'm like last in terms of progression compared to my friends. x)

I said to myself i wouldn't do any serious play as in getting perfect pokemon teams, EVs, nature, etc. I failed to keep that to some degree but i'm still doing it fairly casually.

DUpiitm.jpg

I really thought i had left here for good. but i've been reading this thread for a while now. So I thought what the heck. lol.  I have both games but i will not be starting either one any time soon if at all.  I have half a soul silver nuzelock to finish not even beat the elite four yet. The  another playthrough.  I want to to do. After that, I'll start whatever nuzelock variant sparks my interest.  and then maybe i'll start X and Y (i'm really not that interested in this new generation all that much) See, I traded in a bunch of stuff that i didn't need or want anymore and was offered more trade in value if i preordered one or both of the games.  I took it and paid off both otherwise I would have just left the trade credit in store (gamestop) for my brother to use. But i figured since it was mine to begin with  I would just take it.   

Pokémon X and Y: The iPod Adventures series EP 2:

The "let's get rid of this shoddy AE correction" edition!

Pokémon X and Y: The iPod Adventures series EP 3:

The "let's fix the AE correction even further and have terrible commentary because fitness is tiring" edition!

Edited by Rcforme

All right just beat the last gym leader. Still really odd they make the last gym ice types. Also I have a fairy type so it's nce I have amo against dragons. And I only caught Xereas in 2 ultra balls and I named it Fluttershy lol.

Current badges: 8

Current team

Greninja nickname: Frogger level 58

Talonflame nickname: Rainbow dash level 57

Raichu nickname: Thunderlane leve 58

Charizard nickname: Toothless level 59

Mr. Mime nickname: FAIRIES!!!!! level 57

Lucario nickname: Sombra level 58

Thought I should say I beat the elite 4 last night after pushing through the game. When you have a cold, what else do you really have to do? My final team was: Delphox (it really has grown on me), Charizard, Lucario and Yveltal all at level 60.

One notable point of the journey was that I caught a fletchling near the beginning to add some type diversity to my team (which at that point was the two fire starters.) Then it evolved into a flying/fire type! I eventually switched it out for Lucario because water types were a big problem for me.

Now that I'm through the game, I'm going to start building a somewhat decent team.

Next update for me.

Play Time: 20:50

Badges: 6

Team:

Carbink Lv. 39 Nickname: Rarity

Doublade Lv. 39 Nickname: Caliburn

Amaura Lv. 41 Nickname: RainBoom

Charizard Lv. 42 Nickname: Embers

Chesnaught Lv. 42 Nickname: Amourga

Vaporeon Lv. 29 Nickname: Nuptup

This shall be my team to beat the league with.

Edited by Charcoal Embers

Well, if someone manages to get an Alakazite and won't be using it, I'll be more than happy to trade you something for it. Im really starting to worry its only available in Y version......

Carbink Lv. 39 Nickname: Rarity

I'm liking that nickname  

Well, if someone manages to get an Alakazite and won't be using it, I'll be more than happy to trade you something for it. Im really starting to worry its only available in Y version......

I'm liking that nickname

Karbink, Jewel pokemon. Of course I had to nickname it Rarity. Though I'm probably going to get a few people who won't like the name since Karbink isn't exactly the best looking pokemon ever.

Well, I got my 4th gym badge today. I love leveling up my Pokemon. I have a full team now:

- Level 35 Pikachu

- Level 37 Lucario

- Level 37 Tyrunt

- Level 38 Talonflame

- Level 39 Charizard

- Level 39 Greninja

• Brohoof 1

For all of those wanting to know, Eevee's can be found in the area near the 2nd gym leader with stones. Also, an NPC mentioned Colress by name in that area *crosses fingers he's gonna be in the game*

So I evolved my Eevee into a Sylveon (Took me 40 minutes of endless treat feeding, endless mode yarn hitting, and petting to get affection to max). However, it learned Draining Kiss and is kicking he 2nd gym leaders butt. Also, affection is perm, and you get bonus exp, better critical hit rates, more often hen not shrugs off paralysis and wakes up earlier from sleep. Seriously, get your affection to max NOW.

So... Er, that's all that's new with me.

For all of those wanting to know, Eevee's can be found in the area near the 2nd gym leader with stones. Also, an NPC mentioned Colress by name in that area *crosses fingers he's gonna be in the game*

So I evolved my Eevee into a Sylveon (Took me 40 minutes of endless treat feeding, endless mode yarn hitting, and petting to get affection to max). However, it learned Draining Kiss and is kicking he 2nd gym leaders butt. Also, affection is perm, and you get bonus exp, better critical hit rates, more often hen not shrugs off paralysis and wakes up earlier from sleep. Seriously, get your affection to max NOW.

So... Er, that's all that's new with me.

I had an NPC say something about a hotspring next to her old pokemon center. She was an old lady too. I had to do a double take when I read that and I love it.

Al right guys I have completed the game. Few never beat a Pokemon game that fast., only 2 days. I must warn you guys, there is a fight after you beat the champion. But don't worry it's not that hard.

Current badges: 8

Pokemon League Champion

Current team

Greninja nickname: Frogger level 65

Talonflame nickname: Rainbow dash level 64

Raichu nickname: Thunderlane level 65

Charizard nickname: Toothless level 66

Mr. Mime nickname: FAIRIES!!!!! level 64

Lucario nickname: Sombra level 63

I remember that NPC. I had to read the dialogue twice to make sure I read it right.

The Champion (Not gonna say his/her name by name in case you don't want spoilers) has a f$&% ton of Hoenn music. I swear, they had way too much fun with this game, especially the dialogue and Hoenn references. It's like they like torturing us.

I've been searching Glittering Cave for hours... HOURS.... looking for a Mawile. I've already found two Kangaskhans. Even caught one of them. But geez, Mawile, where are you?

EDIT: And look, there's a third Kangaskhan. Still not what I'm looking for.

Edited by Descant

Well if it wasn't for work, I'd be done with the game but here is where I stand now:

Team:

Crobat Lv58

Greninja Lv57

Charizard Lv57

Alakazam Lv57

Lucario Lv56

Magneton Lv53 (Anyone know how to evolve him to Megnezone in this game?)

Off to get the eight gym badge. I'm EV trained and ready to go

Either you guys are really fast to beat the game in two or three days, or I'm just really slow. Anyway, just demolished the fourth gym leader with my slightly over-leveled team. Now I'm just wasting some time to go back and get a few things I missed now that I have fly. However, I have hit a slight problem: If there's one thing I hate, it's Pokemon you need to trade in order to evolve. With that in mind, would anyone be willing to trade with me so my Spritzee can finally evolve? Preferably with the intention of giving it back afterwards...