Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Pokemon X and Y Discussion Thread

BrainyBrony

Go to the town above the power plant and head whatever direction right is. If memory serves me right, there should be a tunnel there.

Alright thank you for the info! smile.png

I might retire Electro(Pikachu). He honestly hasn't been all that useful for me lately. Oh well.

Edited by Bright Honor

Yeah so I'm an idiot... Adaptability isn't Eevee's hidden ability, Anticipation is, I should have known that lol... despite that though, Sylveon is amazing, it's so strong and bulky and cute, I love it, definitely one of the very best new Pokémon. Anyway, now that my team is complete I can get through this game a little more quickly now. :yay:

@@Zygen,haha nice :)

I finished the game days ago, but I went back yesterday and caught 6 eevee's :).

going to make a team eevee to battle with (trying to get sylveon, how long did it take you? its taking forever and she seems to hate all the cakes :c)

It doesn't take long, you only need to raise it to 2 hearts in Pokémon Amie to get it to evolve. Just keep petting and feeding it(and maybe even talk to it, lol), and if it gets tired of that play a minigame or two with it. Once you see a flurry of hearts come out of it check it on the switch menu and it should be at 2 hearts then(dunno if it does this the first time) and ready to evolve, as long as it knows Charm and/or Baby-Doll Eyes upon level up as well. ;)

Alright thank you for the info! img-1930238-1-smile.png

I might retire Electro(Pikachu). He honestly hasn't been all that useful for me lately. Oh well.

Do you have a Thunderstone? If you do, use it on Pikachu- it will evolve into Raichu, who is much stronger than Pikachu, but it doesn't learn any new moves through level up so be careful. Alternatively, you could look for Light Balls, an item which increases Pikachu's Attack and Special Attack greatly when it holds it, off of wild Pikachu by either catching them or stealing it from them with a Pokémon holding no item with Thief, be wary that it is quite rare though, the Thunderstone would probably be an easier choice. Edited by ~Chaotic SBB~
  • Brohoof 1

The new games look so incredible. It's a real thrill to see all the positive feedback for them. The new dynamics that have been added to it look positively revolutionary, and I'm enjoying reading up on all that's being said. 

Don't have X or Y yet. Hurts a little, given my intense and longstanding love of Pokemon... but I guess that'll just make it all the sweeter when I finally hold the game in my hands, yeah? Heh. Hoping for Version Y, and planning to be on "Team Froakie".

Does anyone have any tips they'd like to share for starting off the game strongly? When I go in, I'd like to be prepared to kick some tail and take some names.

• Brohoof 1

The new games look so incredible. It's a real thrill to see all the positive feedback for them. The new dynamics that have been added to it look positively revolutionary, and I'm enjoying reading up on all that's being said.

Don't have X or Y yet. Hurts a little, given my intense and longstanding love of Pokemon... but I guess that'll just make it all the sweeter when I finally hold the game in my hands, yeah? Heh. Hoping for Version Y, and planning to be on "Team Froakie".

Does anyone have any tips they'd like to share for starting off the game strongly? When I go in, I'd like to be prepared to kick some tail and take some names.

Whether you think it or not, be careful attn the second gym.

*SPOILERS*

The second gym might be rock, but even my quiladen was taken out quickly by his second pokemon.

This game has honestly exceeded my expectations. Its just remarkable. Ever since the pokemon red and blue days, I've always been a big pokemon fan, played every canon game that was released with the exception of emerald and platinum. And to be honest, my hype for pokemon began to fade when Black and White was introduced. it just felt so soon for its release and many of the pokemon to me where unappealing and had lack of imagination in my opinion. As much as I ddin't enjoy black version, I still bought Black 2 and havent beaten it to this day (still somewhere in victory road). From then on, I left the pokemon scene until X & Y was announced. But soon after, I ignored it again until gameplay was shown.

The best part of this game, is the massive variety of pokemon that can be seen and caught in the game. Unlike Black and White, you're not forced to use all the new pokemon until you beat the game (a big reason why I didn't enjoy Black version). Pokemon from every gen are all over the region which is awesome. Plus the game has many references to past generations/regions. The 3D graphics, epic attack animations, mega evolution, and sweet music made it all even better. 

All I can say is Good job nintendo and gamefreak, You kept an old time fan like myself to stay into pokemon after considering leaving it all. 

• Brohoof 4

My team at the moment: 

Mawile: Lv. 31
Fletchinder/Combusken: Lv. 29/Lv. 32 (In rotation, not sure which I want to use)

Wartortle: Lv. 35 Blastoise Lv. 37

Quilladin: Lv. 35 Chesnaught Lv. 37

Malamar: Lv. 33

Vivillon: Lv. 31 (Will likely switch out for a Goomy or something)

I'm slightly overlevelled, at Reflection Cave (That's what it's called, west of Geohenge town, right?)

This game has exceeded all my expectations, and then some. I love Pokemon again. I'm going to need to get Y too so I can get some replays.

Edited by Descant
  • Brohoof 1

This game has honestly exceeded my expectations. Its just remarkable. Ever since the pokemon red and blue days, I've always been a big pokemon fan, played every canon game that was released with the exception of emerald and platinum. And to be honest, my hype for pokemon began to fade when Black and White was introduced. it just felt so soon for its release and many of the pokemon to me where unappealing and had lack of imagination in my opinion. As much as I ddin't enjoy black version, I still bought Black 2 and havent beaten it to this day (still somewhere in victory road). From then on, I left the pokemon scene until X & Y was announced. But soon after, I ignored it again until gameplay was shown.

The best part of this game, is the massive variety of pokemon that can be seen and caught in the game. Unlike Black and White, you're not forced to use all the new pokemon until you beat the game (a big reason why I didn't enjoy Black version). Pokemon from every gen are all over the region which is awesome. Plus the game has many references to past generations/regions. The 3D graphics, epic attack animations, mega evolution, and sweet music made it all even better. 

All I can say is Good job nintendo and gamefreak, You kept an old time fan like myself to stay into pokemon after considering leaving it all. 

Well, everybody has their own opinions, really.

There are people complaining about how the game has way too many old Pokemon and that the new ones are too far and few. Personally, I'm not bothered by the lower number of new Pokemon, but I do understand their point there. There are a number of new Pokemon I didn't even run into before the Elite 4, like Dedenne.

As for me, I sit somewhere in between. It's not usual that I'm satisfied with whatever happens, but in this case I am... I felt like Black/White being all new Pokemon until after Elite 4 was a huge breath of fresh air. I loved that. I didn't love every Generation V design, but I found ones that I did, and it was nice to be using new Pokemon instead of using the ones that I do practically every generation. However, at the same time, I am not bothered by the large number of old Pokemon present throughout Generation VI. It also helps that this is the first time we're really seeing them all with 3D models. (the models used for Pokemon Stadium and games like that have got nothing on the quality of models in this game).

Well I will say that the game exceeded my expectations. I did somewhat enjoy Black and White but Black and White 2 I got bored of in a couple of days. So it's nice that gamefreak stepped their a-game up and made an amazing Pokemon game. I do like how they use  Pokemon from many different regions so there's practically no limit to how you want to build your team. I also like how the experience share works in this game. It makes it so all Pokemon gain experience. Usually I end up under-leveled for the Pokemon league but since it's easier to gain experience, I was pretty much on par with levels the whole game. So far the only complaint I have is that there doesn't seem to be that much of an after game. It's just one new town that has a battle mansion and some multilayer stuff I think but other than that, great game.

Finally... I made it to the Pokemon League. I haven't showered, barely eaten, but I made it. Here is my team that is going to get me through it.

Aurorus Lv. 66 Nickname: RainBoom

Aegislash Lv. 69 Nickname: Caliburn

Charizard Lv. 65 Nickname: Embers

Vaporeon Lv. 68 Nickname: Nuptup

Carbink Lv. 65 Nickname: Rarity

Chesnaught Lv. 68 Nickname: Amourga

Throughout the whole game (or at least since I found Rarity) Rarity has been the biggest pain to train. But it is just so f#%king defensive, I love it. One thing I love about a pokemon is when it can take a hit. That is why Caliburn has been my go-to pokemon since he evolved. His ability is just so awesome. I just have no idea how to get him back to his original forme after he has changed. But one thing that bothered me is that I hardly battled with Armourga throughout the game. But Pokemon-amie has been a great help, and it was a lot of fun to super train all my pokemon to max level. So I'm about to fight the Pokemon League, I know absolutely nothing about it and it is invigorating. Wish me luck.

Edited by Charcoal Embers
  • Brohoof 1

Team Update! im at the forth gym, taking my time :P

Blaziken Lvl 42 <-- Can go Mega

Delphox Lvl 44

Charizard Lvl 36 <-- Can go Mega

Pansage Lvl 34

Tyrunt Lvl 33

Lapras Lvl 31

about to go up against Ramos the Plant Gym.. gonna totally reck this fool :)

• Brohoof 1

I beat the game! Took me a few days, but I did it. Here is one last update from the base game.

Nuptup (Vaporeon) Lv. 70

RainBoom (Aurorus) Lv. 66

Caliburn (Aegislash) Lv. 69

Rarity (Carbink) Lv. 66

Embers (Charizard) Lv. 66

Amourga (Chesnaught) Lv. 68

I'll be honest, the elite four was not hard. The only difficult one was the water type and that is because I kept killing Armourga with recoil from wood hammer. None of the others were a challenge. Even the champion was sweeped by Nuptup alone. The music was INCREDIBLE!! Really awesome. And that ending, so great.

@@Zygen,haha nice smile.png

I finished the game days ago, but I went back yesterday and caught 6 eevee's smile.png.

going to make a team eevee to battle with (trying to get sylveon, how long did it take you? its taking forever and she seems to hate all the cakes :c) 

I see, well there is like 8 eeveelutions, so you'll have to pick and choose ;p.

Sylveon is also basically a special wall, but also pretty good offensive, its somewhat like Vaporeon, except it has more offensive power, and not a bunch of physical defense. It also has some nice moves i guess. 

I love it so far.

And it took me like a few hours or something. All you have to do is pet it and make faces at it alot, and feed it until it won't eat anymore, then play minigames and feed more stuff to it. Repeat and maybe throw in some petting and face making games if you want and eventually you'll get there.

It takes a bit, but i find its quite worth it :). Plus it gets all the benifits from being maxed in amie, like the ocasional dodge(Pretty rare. but happens.) extra random crits(Pretty rare to, but happens.) and it also sometimes hangs on with 1 HP. I think it might give slight accuracy increase, but i'm not sure..

Also you get new little messages in the text in battle, so yeah ;p. Those are nice i guess.

And eevee is just so adorable to pet and watch :D.

Alrighty, down to 4 gym badges now with this team:

Gogoat lvl 37

Tyrantrum lvl 39

Greninja lvl 38

Doublade lvl 38

Sylveon lvl 39

Charizard lvl 39

Tyrantrum and Mega Charizard X are so cool ingame, like seriously, my favorite designs this gen probably. Gogoat is also turning out to be a better Pokémon than I thought it'd be. Greninja is a little odd at first with the tongue but its groing on me, it's certainly cooler looking than Poliwrath or Politoed ever could be. I think Doublade's model looks better ingame than I gave it credit for when I first saw it, I believe it evolves again with a Dusk Stone, wherever I can find one in this game...

So in other words, I really like the new Pokémon. There are some I haven't seen yet even and I hope to be pleasantly surprised. :D

• Brohoof 2

The amazing opening, dialogue, and graphics immediately immersed me in Kalos. While Pokemon Amie and Super Training secured it as my favorite. I fully trained Fennekin before Serena's catching tutorial and truly enjoyed bonding with my Braixen in more recreational things.

I can honestly say, Braixen is now my favorite Pokemon. And overall, none of my Pokemon are stat holders like those I prepared in Unova- their my precious partners.

I'm taking my time to fully appreciate and enjoy everything that went into this game. The dialogue, names, geography, and everything else are worth slowing down to discover. Not trying to beat the game; just want to make the most of my journey.

At the moment, we've won two badges. Only two Pokemon are fully trained: Pyre (Braixen) and Bastion (Venasaur) who are both at level 30. I was concerned that their levels were too high before finding the second gym. The wording seems to imply that any Pokemon will stop listening if you don't have the right badges, but a friend of mine says that only applies to traded Pokemon.

For now, I've returned to earlier routes to catch Ralts, Abra, and Inkay. Once I find one's with a complementary nature, I'll super train them all before continuing to the next gym.

Yeah, while i didn't quite take that much time so far, i have been taking my time, i'm up to like 25 hours of gameplay or something, but i have only 4 gym badges.

But whatever, i'm enjoying it, its a great game i think so far. and with all the pokemon to collect i love it, being a bit obssesive with catching pokemon, which also made me a bit over leveled with levels and catching pokemon, but whatever. 

And traded pokemon are the only ones that have the whole not obey thing.

I'd use the master ball for the wandering birds (Kanto birds are the roamers this time around). I always save my mater ball for those damn roamers.

Yeah, the roaming pokemon are the most annoying, i always save my master ball for those, everything else i can catch.

Yeah so I'm an idiot... Adaptability isn't Eevee's hidden ability, Anticipation is, I should have known that lol... despite that though, Sylveon is amazing, it's so strong and bulky and cute, I love it, definitely one of the very best new Pokémon. Anyway, now that my team is complete I can get through this game a little more quickly now. yay.png

It doesn't take long, you only need to raise it to 2 hearts in Pokémon Amie to get it to evolve. Just keep petting and feeding it(and maybe even talk to it, lol), and if it gets tired of that play a minigame or two with it. Once you see a flurry of hearts come out of it check it on the switch menu and it should be at 2 hearts then(dunno if it does this the first time) and ready to evolve, as long as it knows Charm and/or Baby-Doll Eyes upon level up as well. wink.png

Do you have a Thunderstone? If you do, use it on Pikachu- it will evolve into Raichu, who is much stronger than Pikachu, but it doesn't learn any new moves through level up so be careful. Alternatively, you could look for Light Balls, an item which increases Pikachu's Attack and Special Attack greatly when it holds it, off of wild Pikachu by either catching them or stealing it from them with a Pokémon holding no item with Thief, be wary that it is quite rare though, the Thunderstone would probably be an easier choice.

Its ok ;p, i didn't quite understand that either, i never got an eevee with Adaptability really, so no harm done or anything ;p.

And yeah Sylveon is awesome :D.

And omg i only need 2 hearts? I thought it had to be maxed...

Oh well lol. Atleast i got amie benifits.

Also random funny story, the very first pikachu i caught in the game at the beginning had a light ball, i was just casually catching pokemon, and it had it ;p.

So yeah now i have a lightball xD. Much shorter time then on Platinum. I caught like 5-6 pikachu then got one.

i love it myself to :D

And that sucks :/. But yeah i'm sure you'll love it once you get it.

And as far as tips, just enjoy the game, thats about it really ;p. I guess the fact you can run from the start and use amie and super training from the start might help, but yeah. 

just enjoy the game though, no need rushing through it, plenty to enjoy.

Hope you enjoy it once you get it!

Well, i liked black and white and the sequels, but i will agree that X and Y is awesome, and really exceeds Black and white really. Pretty easily my favorite pokemon game now i think. I have had so much fun playing it, and it isn't short, i mean it gets shorter near the end, but its still got length, and lots of pokemon to catch.

The fact that the game only introduces like 69 new pokemon kinda sucks, but they're all pretty cool for the most part, and the ton of other pokemon make up for it.

Plus 3D stuff and battles and all that is just beautiful.

So yeah, even though i've only got 4 badges, i'm pretty sure this might end up on the near top of my favorite pokemon games, if not already my favorite.

only thing that bothers me is my friends saying that theres not alot of postgame to it.

My team at the moment: 

Mawile: Lv. 31

Fletchinder/Combusken: Lv. 29/Lv. 32 (In rotation, not sure which I want to use)

Wartortle: Lv. 35 Blastoise Lv. 37

Quilladin: Lv. 35 Chesnaught Lv. 37

Malamar: Lv. 33

Vivillon: Lv. 31 (Will likely switch out for a Goomy or something)

I'm slightly overlevelled, at Reflection Cave (That's what it's called, west of Geohenge town, right?)

This game has exceeded all my expectations, and then some. I love Pokemon again. I'm going to need to get Y too so I can get some replays.

Haha, yeah i'm gonna have to buy X since i have Y now almost.. Just so i can replay on another game ;p. Or maybe i'll just transfer pokemon to pokemon bank then reset. Who knows ;p

Oh and on a side note... If anybody wants to add me on 3DS to have for pokemon stuff, then feel free! Just tell me and PM me your FC or something, then i'll add you back, oh and maybe include your 3DS name or ingame name or whatever, because otherwise i may get confused ;p.

Oh and my FC is 0576-4624-8886

Edited by Zygen

I read online that if your Pokémon are maxed out Affection-wise in the Pokémon-amie section they get 20% extra XP. If this is true, than that's pretty sweet!

Anyways, here is my current team. I currently have 6 badges.

Venusaur Lv.47

Tyrantrum Lv.47

Delphox Lv.47

Talonflame Lv.47

Skrelp Lv.40 (Caught recently. I'm trying to catch him up level-wise.)

Eevee Lv.19 (Just caught today. I'm going to make it a Slyveon)

Okay guys I ran into a roaming Moltres and it didn't even let me fight. The character jsut threw a Pokemon out, they had a stare down and Moltres just fled. How do you actually not make that happen?

Thats how roaming pokemon are, they flee on the 1st turn. 

The only thing you can do is attempt a capture, orrr if you can outspeed it, get 1 move off.

UNLESS. you have mean look or block or something, that prevents them from escaping as long as that pokemon is out.

Otherwise, you just have to chase them and throw pokeballs and stuff and hope.

Thats why i typically use my master ball on one ;p.

Thats how roaming pokemon are, they flee on the 1st turn. 

The only thing you can do is attempt a capture, orrr if you can outspeed it, get 1 move off.

UNLESS. you have mean look or block or something, that prevents them from escaping as long as that pokemon is out.

Otherwise, you just have to chase them and throw pokeballs and stuff and hope.

Thats why i typically use my master ball on one ;p.

Actually that's not the problem. I have run into roaming Pokemon in the pass and i can at least access my menu with moves and items. In this case it's just the pokemon having a stare down without that stuff popping out and then a flee

• Brohoof 1

I read online that if your Pokémon are maxed out Affection-wise in the Pokémon-amie section they get 20% extra XP. If this is true, than that's pretty sweet!

Anyways, here is my current team. I currently have 6 badges.

Venusaur Lv.47

Tyrantrum Lv.47

Delphox Lv.47

Talonflame Lv.47

Skrelp Lv.40 (Caught recently. I'm trying to catch him up level-wise.)

Eevee Lv.19 (Just caught today. I'm going to make it a Slyveon)

Having a maxed up Amie Sylveon i am not sure, i never really compared. I'll have to come back and see if this is true.

Oh and on a side note, i've been playing alot of collect the different forms of Vivilion ;p. Via trading over wonder trade, mostly. I did get the polar one or whatever from a Canadian friend of mine. And I have the savanah one(Or i think thats the name.) from a wonder traded scatterbug i evolved.

And I get the Modern one, being In america in the south ;p.

So yeah... long way to go, especially with how crazy some of the GTS trades are ;p.

I'll eventuelly get them all ;p. 

I have however got all the Flebebe forms, Blue, red, orange, white, and yellow. Orange took me the longest, and i almost didn't know it was orange, because its such a near tint to yellow.

So yeah, i'm really into collect pokemon especially recently ;p. And X and Y has plenty to catch. So yay :D.

Actually that's not the problem. I have run into roaming Pokemon in the pass and i can at least access my menu with moves and items. In this case it's just the pokemon having a stare down without that stuff popping out and then a flee

Hmmm.. Thats weird? I have no idea why it would do that... 

I'm not sure, is it like asleep, or like idk...

I have no idea, i haven't beat the game anyways, so yeah ;p.

Does Vivillion have region specific colors on the wings? I keep hearing all these rumors stirring about over region based wing designs. I'm seriously gonna test it if no one here knows. I'm from the north eastern part of America, got the 'polar' form of it. Yet Polar form, as people assume, would be found in only Canada and Norway..

• Brohoof 1

Does Vivillion have region specific colors on the wings? I keep hearing all these rumors stirring about over region based wing designs. I'm seriously gonna test it if no one here knows. I'm from the north eastern part of America, got the 'polar' form of it. Yet Polar form, as people assume, would be found in only Canada and Norway..

Yes, the Vivillion have different colors per region, I have modern due to being in the south part of North America, North America has like 4 different ones based on region. 

People in the north of America get Polar from what i've gathered. 

Canada also gets it, not sure about Norway.

but yeah, it has many different patterns for wings based on region. Here are them all(well except 3 which nobody has pictures for apparently.) 

http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/666.shtml

Yes, the Vivillion have different colors per region, I have modern due to being in the south part of North America, North America has like 4 different ones based on region. 

People in the north of America get Polar from what i've gathered. 

Canada also gets it, not sure about Norway.

but yeah, it has many different patterns for wings based on region. Here are them all(well except 3 which nobody has pictures for apparently.) 

http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/666.shtml

Yeah, but what I gathered, its based on climate more then direct country for America. I found out or something. There's a California form and a lot of people also got Meadow Form from America. Then again, I only have one form to really base it on. Maybe I should catch another? I heard NYC had a modern form.