Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Pokemon X and Y Discussion Thread

BrainyBrony

Well after much pain and heartache, I finally managed to get my hands on the alakazite WITHOUT beating the game tongue.png

Thanks to a friend of course who got it from his game and traded it over. Mega Alakazam is just epic in my opinion, now Im off to the elite four.

Friend is having trouble getting the birds. You don't even get a chance to attack or throw a pokeball. Im assuming there is something that has to be done before you can attempt to catch them....

• Brohoof 1

Yeah, but what I gathered, its based on climate more then direct country for America. I found out or something. There's a California form and a lot of people also got Meadow Form from America. Then again, I only have one form to really base it on. Maybe I should catch another? I heard NYC had a modern form.

Well, idk, from what i've heard its state based, or rather Region based, but especially for America, its a bit unsure what has what.

However, it is basically known that 4 different forms are in North America.

And yeah idk, Meadow is actually from Japan and germany apparently, but i guess maybe America gets it to. Again the exactly regions especially for America seem unsure, and a bunch haven't been seen.

Right now this is what is apparently the different forms are per regions(Mostly accurate, but not perfectly.)

Meadow- Japan/Germany

Polar - Canada(USA Maine, note this is weird, as it just seems to be randomish? I'm not in Ohio but found Modern so yeah.)

Garden- UK/Poland (USA Virgina, Again not totally accurate)

marine - France/Spain/Portugul(Germany/Italy, Not sure about this one either.)

Contential - Germany/Poland(Belgium, basically all bracketed ones are unsure.)

Tundra - Norway

Modern -Kuwait(USA Ohio, again i have this one, but not in Ohio.)

Sun - Mexico

Icy Snow - Finland(Italy)

Savannah - Brazil

Elegant - Japan

Sandstorm - United Arab Emirates

High plains(California, not sure about this, i think it exists in other places, as the other ones randomly slapped into USA states.)

Also, a friend I know online is From Australia(Or I believe, unless i'm having a brain dead moment.) and he gets River.

Those are all the ones that I know. And again alot of them i'm unsure about.

A few don't even have pictures on serebii so yeah ;p.

According to Serebii however its region based.

Well after much pain and heartache, I finally managed to get my hands on the alakazite WITHOUT beating the game tongue.png

Thanks to a friend of course who got it from his game and traded it over. Mega Alakazam is just epic in my opinion, now Im off to the elite four.

Friend is having trouble getting the birds. You don't even get a chance to attack or throw a pokeball. Im assuming there is something that has to be done before you can attempt to catch them....

Yeah, while i didn't quite take that much time so far, i have been taking my time, i'm up to like 25 hours of gameplay or something, but i have only 4 gym badges.

But whatever, i'm enjoying it, its a great game i think so far. and with all the pokemon to collect i love it, being a bit obssesive with catching pokemon, which also made me a bit over leveled with levels and catching pokemon, but whatever. 

And traded pokemon are the only ones that have the whole not obey thing.

Yeah, the roaming pokemon are the most annoying, i always save my master ball for those, everything else i can catch.

Its ok ;p, i didn't quite understand that either, i never got an eevee with Adaptability really, so no harm done or anything ;p.

And yeah Sylveon is awesome :D.

And omg i only need 2 hearts? I thought it had to be maxed...

Oh well lol. Atleast i got amie benifits.

Also random funny story, the very first pikachu i caught in the game at the beginning had a light ball, i was just casually catching pokemon, and it had it ;p.

So yeah now i have a lightball xD. Much shorter time then on Platinum. I caught like 5-6 pikachu then got one.

i love it myself to :D

And that sucks :/. But yeah i'm sure you'll love it once you get it.

And as far as tips, just enjoy the game, thats about it really ;p. I guess the fact you can run from the start and use amie and super training from the start might help, but yeah. 

just enjoy the game though, no need rushing through it, plenty to enjoy.

Hope you enjoy it once you get it!

Well, i liked black and white and the sequels, but i will agree that X and Y is awesome, and really exceeds Black and white really. Pretty easily my favorite pokemon game now i think. I have had so much fun playing it, and it isn't short, i mean it gets shorter near the end, but its still got length, and lots of pokemon to catch.

The fact that the game only introduces like 69 new pokemon kinda sucks, but they're all pretty cool for the most part, and the ton of other pokemon make up for it.

Plus 3D stuff and battles and all that is just beautiful.

So yeah, even though i've only got 4 badges, i'm pretty sure this might end up on the near top of my favorite pokemon games, if not already my favorite.

only thing that bothers me is my friends saying that theres not alot of postgame to it.

Haha, yeah i'm gonna have to buy X since i have Y now almost.. Just so i can replay on another game ;p. Or maybe i'll just transfer pokemon to pokemon bank then reset. Who knows ;p

Oddly,there are so many versions found in Germany, Italy, France and Spain. One (like someone in Italy said before on some site) had a blueish pattern and the other from the same area (Italy) had pink.http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/vivillon-collection.3489857/

I seen a few weirder ones.

Anyone have any good tankier pokemon recommendations? My team is like 90% glass cannons right now, and I'm not finding a whole lot (unless I'm really overlooking some)

Hm, well, Sylveon is a good one, as far as 6th gen goes. As far as older generations there are tons ;p.

Depends on your team.

Oh and Frufrou is a pretty cool physical wall i think, and hits hard to, i'm using one currently.

Theres also miltank whos less bulky, but does hit hard. Not used that often though ;p.

Oh evolving a dewbble into crustle is a really good physical wall to, of course special hits take it down quite easy. And it has some big weaknesses.

Hippopotas is decently tanky aswell. But you may not wanna use it due to sandstream, unless you get another ability.

Theres also Vaporeon, a good Eeveelution bulky pokemon, or Umbreon, whos more manipulative, and my favorite pokemon ;p.

Drifloon is pretty bulky, not a wall really, but bulky.

Theres always snorlax to, really bulky.

And others i've yet to list, with 450 pokemon theres alot, depending on what you want and if you want a tank or just a bulky pokemon.

for the legendary birds you need a pokemon with arena trap or shadow tag otherwise they will just run away before the turn starts. attacking or using any type of items is impossible as you've seen

I was told that those methods were already tried with no luck at all. Not quite sure what the programers want us to do at this point. Like I mentioned, there has to be something that needs to be done or obtained first. Thats just a wild guess

Oddly,there are so many versions found in Germany, Italy, France and Spain. One (like someone in Italy said before on some site) had a blueish pattern and the other from the same area (Italy) had pink.http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/vivillon-collection.3489857/

I seen a few weirder ones.

Yeah, its weird.

But it is based upon the region your in. 

I'm not sure specifically where, but it is.

It doesn't change at all based upon where you catch it, only way to get different ones is by trading.(Wonder trade sometimes gets your lucky.)

There is some crazy askings for on some of the Vivillions. So yeah.

Especially really rare ones.

I was told that those methods were already tried with no luck at all. Not quite sure what the programers want us to do at this point. Like I mentioned, there has to be something that needs to be done or obtained first. Thats just a wild guess

Odd, i guess it is something needs to be done.

I'll have to find out when i beat the game ;p.

I wonder if maybe it'll be a mystery event?

My favorite bug type will always be Scolipede but Vivillion will have to do. I'm still severly in disappoint that Flabebe isn't cute anymore

Scolipede is pretty cool, Alot of gen 5 bug types are cool.

I find Vivillions to be more of a collectors item then anything, idk about their battle abilities, like most bug types its probably not great.

i just used Google and apparently you need to find them 10 more times then they will be at the sea spirit's den. too long 100 character limit... Edited by The_arrow_of_light

My team at the moment:

L. 45 Malamar

L. 49 Mawile

L. 48 Blastoise

L. 44 Talonflame

L. 47 Chesnaught

L. 43 Nidoking

I just beat Lumiose City's Gym, and I really want a Goomy. I don't know who to swap out for Goomy though. They're all pretty good, I think. My team's got balance. What do y'all think?

Does anyone know where the Move Deleter is? What about the Move Relearner/Reminder?

And how do I get into Lumiose City's haberdashery? 

Edited by Descant

Anyone want to battle me? I've beaten the league and am looking for a tougher opponent than an AI. PMme your friend code if you want to battle.

My team at the moment:

L. 45 Malamar

L. 49 Mawile

L. 48 Blastoise

L. 44 Talonflame

L. 47 Chesnaught

L. 43 Nidoking

I just beat Lumiose City's Gym, and I really want a Goomy. I don't know who to swap out for Goomy though. They're all pretty good, I think. My team's got balance. What do y'all think?

Does anyone know where the Move Deleter is? What about the Move Relearner/Reminder?

And how do I get into Lumiose City's haberdashery?

Look at the town map and look over the towns. It will tell you all the important stuff that is there. But I'm pretty sure they are both in the city to the far north.

I've been so distracted by pokemon and school that I haven't been on here for a couple of days =P

anyway, I unlocked super secret training in the super training thing so I can get some dusk stones so I can have aegislash and chandelure now :3

all my pokemon are in the low 40's except for my litwick whose still 39. couple levels to go before it can evolve 

• Brohoof 2

Look at the town map and look over the towns. It will tell you all the important stuff that is there. But I'm pretty sure they are both in the city to the far north.

It doesn't work like that if you haven't actually made it to the cities yet. Ah well. I'm headed that direction right now anyway.

I love Goomy! It's so squishy! *squee* 

• Brohoof 2

It doesn't work like that if you haven't actually made it to the cities yet. Ah well. I'm headed that direction right now anyway.

I love Goomy! It's so squishy! *squee*

The Move Reminder and Deleter are in Dendemille Town to specific, just got there myself.

Speaking of which, anyone with X and Charizard should go to the Move Reminder there straight away if you have 2 Heart Scales, you can get him Flare Blitz and Dragon Claw there! I was so happy! :yay:

And yeah, Goomy is pretty adorable, caught a few myself and plan to train one up after I beat the story(I think Bold is a good nature for him looking at its final form's stats, either that or Modest I think).

Anyway, with six badges, a newly evolved Aegislash, and a stupidly powerful Charizard in hand, I'm in the Frost Cavern atm, the rest of the game will probably be a cinch the way things are looking but I'm liking how the story is turning out so far, and the Pokémon variety sure doesn't let up, so many in this game... :o

• Brohoof 1

Anyone know where to find heart scales? I made the foolish mistake of keeping Flame Pledge over Flamethrower (stupid I know) Flame pledge fucked me over in a sky battle.

Anyone know where to find heart scales? I made the foolish mistake of keeping Flame Pledge over Flamethrower (stupid I know) Flame pledge fucked me over in a sky battle.

Ooh, I know! Go to Cyllage Town (Second Gym city) and fish with the old rod off the coast. Old Rod finds nothing but Luvdisc here and their Heart Scales are pretty much ripe for the picking though the use of Thief.

Anywho, just beat the 7th gym. Is it just my imagination or are most of the Gym Leaders in this game way too easy? Save for the Rock and Fairy gyms I have had almost no trouble in beating them.

Edited by PoisonClaw
  • Brohoof 3

Ooh, I know! Go to Cyllage Town (Second Gym city) and fish with the old rod off the coast. Old Rod finds nothing but Luvdisc here and their Heart Scales are pretty much ripe for the picking though the use of Thief. 

Awesome, sounds good, i'm going to try that but need to teach a pokemon thief first. Currently stuck somewhere in victory road.

The Move Reminder and Deleter are in Dendemille Town to specific, just got there myself.

Speaking of which, anyone with X and Charizard should go to the Move Reminder there straight away if you have 2 Heart Scales, you can get him Flare Blitz and Dragon Claw there! I was so happy! yay.png

And yeah, Goomy is pretty adorable, caught a few myself and plan to train one up after I beat the story(I think Bold is a good nature for him looking at its final form's stats, either that or Modest I think).

Anyway, with six badges, a newly evolved Aegislash, and a stupidly powerful Charizard in hand, I'm in the Frost Cavern atm, the rest of the game will probably be a cinch the way things are looking but I'm liking how the story is turning out so far, and the Pokémon variety sure doesn't let up, so many in this game... ohmy.png

My Mawile kicks tail so hard it's astonishing. And I don't even have its mega stone yet. 

I just got the Fairy Badge. I'd offer to battle you, but I want to get to Dandelionville first.

Just restarted my game. Gonna try out the different starters and see how I like them. Gonna start with frokie this time, I really liked how he was from the preview I got.

I don't think I will want to restart my game after all the time i put into this. I'm just going to wait until the pokemon bank feature launches to trade over all my properly EV trained pokemon over from black version. Thankfully we don't have to catch them or anything like that, cause I have like 4 boxes full.

• Brohoof 3

I don't think I will want to restart my game after all the time i put into this. I'm just going to wait until the pokemon bank feature launches to trade over all my properly EV trained pokemon over from black version. Thankfully we don't have to catch them or anything like that, cause I have like 4 boxes full.

I always do this when playing pokemon. Gives me an idea for what pokemon I am good with and makes me search around for other pokemon I didn't use if I want a different experience. And maybe it will make the game harder.

• Brohoof 1

Just came in here to say I just caught my 1st ever shiny in the wild. Shiny Beartic in Frost Cavern with an ultra ball. Aww yeahhhh.

Also my team right now is 

Chesnaught L58

Kadabra L58

Blaziken L61

Magnezone L60

Piloswine L54

Blastoise L56

woooo Move Rememberer in Dendemille Town got my Piloswine AncientPower so Mamoswine here I come.

Edited by Doctor XFizzle
  • Brohoof 3

Anyone want to battle me? I've beaten the league and am looking for a tougher opponent than an AI. PMme your friend code if you want to battle.

I would, but i only got 4 gym badges, going on 5 ;p.

Just restarted my game. Gonna try out the different starters and see how I like them. Gonna start with frokie this time, I really liked how he was from the preview I got.

I restart my game alot to ;p. Or old ones i did. This one i'm not sure... I've put alot of hours into it, probaly gonna wait to put stuff in pokemon bank, or just get X the version i don't have and beat that so i don't have to lose my data on Y ;p.

Just came in here to say I just caught my 1st ever shiny in the wild. Shiny Beartic in Frost Cavern with an ultra ball. Aww yeahhhh.

Also my team right now is 

Chesnaught L58

Kadabra L58

Blaziken L61

Magnezone L60

Piloswine L54

Blastoise L56

woooo Move Rememberer in Dendemille Town got my Piloswine AncientPower so Mamoswine here I come.

Congratulations biggrin.png

I hardly ever find shinies... I think i have 1 shiny in Pokemon white though, i think it might be a shiny Audino, pretty sure thats my only one though ;p. 

One of my friends breeded like 7 boxes of espurr before getting one shiny ;p. He really wanted a shiny i guess.

On a totally unrelated note I got a pokerus in Platinum one day, and the day after a different one in pokemon Heart gold ;p.

Almost never get shinies though.

Edited by Zygen
  • Brohoof 1