Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Pokemon X and Y Discussion Thread

BrainyBrony

@,

I feel there are really no issues with the post game. To most people the post game is the online component of the game.

That's fantastic. ...For those who have Wi-Fi. I don't.

It saddens me. I had it back when I played Diamond, and it extended the life of the game a bit, but there is still so much they can do to beef up the post-game. I do like little post-game quest they added in this game, but it went by really fast.

I don't know if there is a way to really make a great post-game, aside from adding a second region, which of course only lasts so long in of itself. It would be neat if they added a post-game adventure like that which started with lower levels again, allowing you to go through an adventure with Pokemon you really like but may have only been able to get really late in the game. That's what I ask of a post-game.

Since I'm not into the competitive scene (and really don't care to be), that's the only way they can make a good post-game for me.

HNNG!!!

I accidently killed a shiny Nidoran(F)! sad.png

It was hiding in a horde of Nidoran(M) on Route 11 and I didn't notice it because it looked so similar to the males. Serves me right for watching anime while playing Pokemon. I let my guard down and I got punished for it!

• Brohoof 2

Eeyup! Metronome boosts the power of consecutively used moves, so it works on multi-moves, too. When those type of attacks gain power, it becomes powerful pretty quickly.

Assume metronome gave +10 attack. A single attack with base 100 goes to 110, whereas a multi-move gains that boost and hits multiple times. Even if it only hits twice, you dealt an extra +20 instead of +10. And the difference in power quickly rises after that. Even if I'm horribly off with how attack boosts are allocated, the core of this holds true.

It's also fun with something like power-up punch since it increases the attack stat on it's own and also strengthens from metronome.

Oh, i didn't know that ;p, guess i learn something new everyday ;p.

And yeah, that would make it pretty good.

HNNG!!!

I accidently killed a shiny Nidoran(F)! img-1944864-1-sad.png

It was hiding in a horde of Nidoran(M) on Route 11 and I didn't notice it because it looked so similar to the males. Serves me right for watching anime while playing Pokemon. I let my guard down and I got punished for it!

Dang. that sucks :/. 

I haven't ran into any shinies or got any so far in Pokemon Y, hopefully i do sometime.

• Brohoof 1

So I was just doing the Friend Safari thing looking for Abra, and this popped up:

post-592-0-98271100-1382414490_thumb.jpg

OMG SHINY ABRA :o

Normal Abra for reference:

post-592-0-32479200-1382414554_thumb.jpg

Sure, it doesn't have a favorable nature, or the Magic Guard ability like I was looking for there, but since you have to throw the ball right away or these things will teleport away I was lucky to get it because some of my balls were missing on other Abra and I only had Ultras left. My first shiny in more than 3 years, pretty happy about that. :yay:

Anyway other than looking for Pokémon I've been battling a bit in the Battle Maison for BP and the Battle Chateu for clothes money, because I need stuff. :lol:

• Brohoof 2

@,

I am jealous, I am still Masuda breeding Scythers and Tyrunts hoping for a shiny. One of these days...I'd like to get some shiny pokemon before the pokebank is released. My shinies in white 2 are getting lonely :(

• Brohoof 1

So I was just doing the Friend Safari thing looking for Abra, and this popped up:

attachicon.gifIMG_20131021_225740.jpg

OMG SHINY ABRA ohmy.png

Normal Abra for reference:

attachicon.gifIMG_20131021_225708.jpg

Sure, it doesn't have a favorable nature, or the Magic Guard ability like I was looking for there, but since you have to throw the ball right away or these things will teleport away I was lucky to get it because some of my balls were missing on other Abra and I only had Ultras left. My first shiny in more than 3 years, pretty happy about that. yay.png

Anyway other than looking for Pokémon I've been battling a bit in the Battle Maison for BP and the Battle Chateu for clothes money, because I need stuff. laugh.png

Dang, a shiny abra? Pretty crazy, especially since it could technically tele away ;p.

I haven't got a shiny yet in this game, and only had like 2 in my pokemon career, but one includes the audino i got in pokemon white ;p.

The other i no longer have.

Anyways, congratulations!

Also, i have to wonder if friend safari's increase shiny chance...

• Brohoof 1

So have you all heard of the fishing shiny trick yet?

I'll have you know, it even got me a shiny (of which I've never caught one before, and only have vague memory of running into one in G/S/C, which is so vague it might not even be a real memory. lol).

img-1946541-1-002-8.jpg

Basically:

1. Get a Pokemon with Suction Cups as its ability... Such as Inkay or Lileep, and place it in front of your team (this ensures that every time you put the rod out, you will get a bite, so as to keep the chain going).

2. Location: There are probably a lot of areas this can work, but I'll show you the specific one that worked for me, and has been running a lot of success from other people as well.

South of Ambrette Town, right here:

img-1946541-2-004-3.jpg

3. Start fishing (I believe any rod works), but don't catch any of the Pokemon you run into, as that will break the chain. Just keep on repeating and repeating, and you might eventually run into a shiny. It took me a little while, but some people are reporting getting them within 10 minutes.

4. It works kind of like chaining, but you're running into multiple Pokemon. You must successfully bring in the Pokemon each time you get a bite to keep the chain going.

I hope I provided enough details. But if it worked for me, surely it will work for others, because my luck is bad with Shiny's. xD

Edited by Envy
  • Brohoof 2

@@Envy,

That sounds very similar to the shiny method back in Gen 4. I forget the name of the method, but there was a way to track shiny pokemon with your steps or something in diamond/pearl/plat 

Are you talking about chaining with the Poke Radar?

The Poke Radar actually returned in X/Y, but chaining with it in D/P/Pt or X/Y has nowhere near the effectiveness of this method. The Poke Radar requires recharging (I never had the patience to use it, to be honest), and this method actually drastically increases the chance of running into a shiny.

• Brohoof 1

Are you talking about chaining with the Poke Radar?

The Poke Radar actually returned in X/Y, but chaining with it in D/P/Pt or X/Y has nowhere near the effectiveness of this method. The Poke Radar requires recharging (I never had the patience to use it, to be honest), and this method actually drastically increases the chance of running into a shiny.

Indeed it did return, but now it's actually less effective because you can get dummy spots where no Pokémon will appear on it and break your chain, which only adds to the randomness of the whole thing. This fishing thing sounds fun though, I haven't tried to fish for much yet but this seems like a good incentive.
  • Brohoof 1

I was playing the game the other night and something freaky happened to me. ;-; I know it was coded in there on purpose and maybe I'm not far enough along yet to know what it means... but it spooked me more than it should have.

I was in Luminose city and I was casually checking stuff out. I walk into one of those office sort of building scattered around the city and I go to the second floor. A lady sprite either came out of the elevator or something behind me. She didn't have a walk animation at all, so that seriously freaked me out because I had been reading stupid creepypasta hours earlier. The game won't let me move and she walks up to me and says something along the lines of "Your not the one." And she walks offscreen farther into the room. When I walk to follow her she is gone. Not in the entire room at all. Cx

Not sure if anyone has discussed it before. Just kinda felt like sharing. XD

Edited by Bronyette
  • Brohoof 1

So have you all heard of the fishing shiny trick yet?

I'll have you know, it even got me a shiny (of which I've never caught one before, and only have vague memory of running into one in G/S/C, which is so vague it might not even be a real memory. lol).

img-1946541-1-002-8.jpg

Basically:

1. Get a Pokemon with Suction Cups as its ability... Such as Inkay or Lileep, and place it in front of your team (this ensures that every time you put the rod out, you will get a bite, so as to keep the chain going).

2. Location: There are probably a lot of areas this can work, but I'll show you the specific one that worked for me, and has been running a lot of success from other people as well.

South of Ambrette Town, right here:

img-1946541-2-004-3.jpg

3. Start fishing (I believe any rod works), but don't catch any of the Pokemon you run into, as that will break the chain. Just keep on repeating and repeating, and you might eventually run into a shiny. It took me a little while, but some people are reporting getting them within 10 minutes.

4. It works kind of like chaining, but you're running into multiple Pokemon. You must successfully bring in the Pokemon each time you get a bite to keep the chain going.

I hope I provided enough details. But if it worked for me, surely it will work for others, because my luck is bad with Shiny's. xD

Thats cool, i'm gonna have to try doing some fishing then.

Does this work with all rods and stuff? Or do you need a specific one?

I was playing the game the other night and something freaky happened to me. ;-; I know it was coded in there on purpose and maybe I'm not far enough along yet to know what it means... but it spooked me more than it should have.

I was in Luminose city and I was casually checking stuff out. I walk into one of those office sort of building scattered around the city and I go to the second floor. A lady sprite either came out of the elevator or something behind me. She didn't have a walk animation at all, so that seriously freaked me out because I had been reading stupid creepypasta hours earlier. The game won't let me move and she walks up to me and says something along the lines of "Your not the one." And she walks offscreen farther into the room. When I walk to follow her she is gone. Not in the entire room at all. Cx

Not sure if anyone has discussed it before. Just kinda felt like sharing. XD

Haha, yeah, me and my friends messed around with each other on it, my friend showed me and i showed another friend.

Its very strange. It freaked me out the first time i saw it... O-o. 

Not sure what its for but yeah. Its odd ;p.

• Brohoof 1

Speaking of Pokémon... Check out this new cover my band I play bass for just did ....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Hlc-hgZQxY

its a cover of the Pokémon theme! If you wanna like my band on Facebook go to http://www.facebook.com/sonicpulse

and for more tunes go to http://sonicpulse.bandcamp.com

My band, Sonic Pulse, has a good number of fans throughout the Brony and Gamer communities.

ENJOY!!!

-Lala-

Well... looks like people are doing great over here. =)

I caught a shiny on my first horde encounter, just a Nosepass though. Might do some Masuda breeding later since i want a Goodra so badly.

I'm not sure how competitive i'll go to be honest. I try to stick with something between. Having complete Flawless IVs (31 all) is not my interest anymore. It's kinda boring and to me kinda kills some of the uniqueness pokemon has, even if it's a weakness. Besides.. if i need one, i'll just pull out RNG abuse tactics if they reappear later.

Traded away Yveltal for a japanese Ditto. Caught Mewtwo yesterday. (Always curious to check IVs. :x)

img-1951507-1-w15tEKZ.png

The story continues. x)

EDIT: Ohh and before i forget, i'm on the lookout after a player with Sliggoo in their Safari. (Dragon)

Edited by Jonke
  • Brohoof 2

I FINALLY beat the elite 4. the game would crash if I tried to challenge them. so wiled away some time in the chateau, made it to duke  and I earn a ton of pokemoney. I fixed the crashing issues by switching sd cards.

I'm not super interested in the post game at the moment. what I really want to do is get the perfect chandy and aegislash

aegislash is gonna be a bit harder to figure out

also: aegislash can learn sacred sword?! I evolved mine too soon =\

• Brohoof 1

I heard people are getting shiny pokemon these days. All I can say that they do nothing, but showing off. My guess is that they've been chaining the same pokemon with a fishing rod and poke radar. For me, I don't bother with shiny pokemon and I find them by luck.

So I've been screwing around in the game, still haven't beat it, but yeah.

Also I'm wondering if anybody knows if there is any other hair styles makes can unlock besides med perm, because I was kinda hoping there was :/, I know girls get more, I dunno if boys do though.

But yeah I'm enjoying my sweet time here.

• Brohoof 1

Dez again requests a gastly egg, expecting no response...

I'm trying to take my time with this run. I'm going slow enough to drive me slowly insane, and to keep pace with my buddies in the dorm that have it.

Currently:

Charmeleon, lv. 24

Braixen, lv. 26

Gloom, lv. 26

Furfrou, lv. 23

Honedge, lv. 21

Amaura, lv. 22

Probably not gonna keep Furfrou in the long run, and Honedge and Amaura are just filler in the first place.

• Brohoof 2

Shit. It's getting easier, and easier, and easier, and even easier to get a shiny now. It really sux. It was fun before, it was quite an exclusive thing to find a shiny, but now you can find them everywhere super-easily. Seriously sux...

I'm still proud of my 10 shinies, all found in old games, by pure luck.

But well, everyone seems to enjoy the game.

Well, my least favorite pokemon is Slurpuff and diggersby, and my favorites are Gogoat, Talonflamme and Avalugg.

Dez again requests a gastly egg, expecting no response...

I'm trying to take my time with this run. I'm going slow enough to drive me slowly insane, and to keep pace with my buddies in the dorm that have it.

Currently:

Charmeleon, lv. 24

Braixen, lv. 26

Gloom, lv. 26

Furfrou, lv. 23

Honedge, lv. 21

Amaura, lv. 22

Probably not gonna keep Furfrou in the long run, and Honedge and Amaura are just filler in the first place.

Sorry, i don't have any gastly eggs :/.

Also, furfrou is surprisingly good, it even learns cotten guard ;p. 

I've been using one.

Up to ya though.

Hope you have fun :D.

Dez again requests a gastly egg

I got an egg ready if you need one. I'll trade you for...a shiny honedge! =P just kidding you can give me whatever

but if you have a shiny honedge or litwick lying around I wouldn't mind :3

• Brohoof 1

5 of my 6 starters just reached the Level 100 Club. I love battling at the 3-star restaurant with exp. share on trying to evolve my other pokemon. 

Chesnaught, Blaziken, Kadabra, Blastoise, and Mamoswine. Magnezone still has a couple levels to go.

• Brohoof 1

Breeding in this game, it is just awesome. I was able to get a Mawile with perfect Attack and Defense IVs by breeding one from the Friend Safari(thanks @Zygen, your Safari is fabulous being Steel with Skarmory and Mawile I believe so everyone friend him) with Ditto in no time.

I also have all the Kalos starters now thanks to in-game(that's why Shauna's the best) and GTS trades(seriously, a Scatterbug for your Chespin? No problemo!) so yeah.

Oh and seriously, the online features in these games are just phenomenal, I can't use them all the time atm but everything is just so much better than 5th gen it's ridiculous.

Anyway, still got a ton of Pokémon I want to train- Mawile, Absol, Noivern, possibly that Shiny Abra since it does have a perfect Speed IV, plus it's hidden ability probably won't matter much if I just use Mega Kazam- the list goes on lol

• Brohoof 1