Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Pokemon X and Y Discussion Thread

BrainyBrony

I got an egg ready if you need one. I'll trade you for...a shiny honedge! =P just kidding you can give me whatever

but if you have a shiny honedge or litwick lying around I wouldn't mind :3

I have a... regular Honedge? How about a Swirlix? I dunno. Nuddin shiny. I'd be happy to give you my undying love and affection. Will that suffice?

Perhaps just PM me your friend code or however that works in this game?

Edited by Dez

I just got pokemon X two days ago and it is just freaking amazing!

I plan to nickname all of my pokemon, which I've almost did on my pokemon white

I really love super training, which lacked in the previous games. Now I don't have to risk a pokemon fainting in battle to level it up to raise it's base stats. 

• Brohoof 3

Was playing X earlier on and found a shiny Piloswine (Gold), Is that rare? I caught it just in case. Too bad it wasn't a cooler Pokemon I actually wanted.

Yes, that is incredibly rare, lucky you! Piloswine is pretty good actually, because it evolves into Mamoswine(and it stays shiny when it evolves) which is definitely a great Pokémon imo, but to each their own. ;)
  • Brohoof 1

Shiny Pokemon are really rare, but You gotta be extremely Lucky for it. It's not that easy to get a first shiny of the game. All I can say is that people have been getting a lot of shinies lately and They do nothing, but showing it off.

I heard that people say that espurr looks creepy at a close up, but it's still looks cute. one person said that espurr's motionless face is kind of weird.

• Brohoof 1

Heads up! An update for Pokemon X & Y is available in the Nintendo eShop. Patch notes below:

• This update fixes a bug related to resuming your game after saving game data in Lumiose City.
  • It also improves the filtering feature within the Global Trade Station (GTS)
  • Brohoof 1

I really love super training, which lacked in the previous games. Now I don't have to risk a pokemon fainting in battle to level it up to raise it's base stats. 

I love nicknaming Pokemon! I have always done it in all of the previous games. I gave them funny names like "Tuliphead" or "Nyaaancat" or "Avery". Stuff like that. But the thing that really sucks is that I have a few friends who will absolutely REFUSE to trade Pokemon with me unless they do not have a nickname. I swear to God, I had a level 76 Deoxys, a very rare Pokemon, and they would not take it because I named it "Doobie". I mean yeah, that's a terrible name! But it's funny! I couldn't believe those guys.

• Brohoof 1

I love nicknaming Pokemon! I have always done it in all of the previous games. I gave them funny names like "Tuliphead" or "Nyaaancat" or "Avery". Stuff like that. But the thing that really sucks is that I have a few friends who will absolutely REFUSE to trade Pokemon with me unless they do not have a nickname. I swear to God, I had a level 76 Deoxys, a very rare Pokemon, and they would not take it because I named it "Doobie". I mean yeah, that's a terrible name! But it's funny! I couldn't believe those guys.

That's cool. On my X, I nicknamed my Fennikin (or however you spell it) Cutie Wisp because it was so cute and it's a fire type. I'm planning to nickname all of the pokemon I catch 

• Brohoof 2

So fare it's a really great game. The new Pokemon are great and leveling up Pokemon have never been easier. 

Also I need some friend codes. My user name animedude and my code 2938-6723-4518. So if some people would send me their codes that would be nice.

• Brohoof 1

Got 3 shinies today with the fishing chain method.  A luvdisc at 16, a poliwag at 35 and a clauncher at 115.  It's so worth it!  I should EV train them, I never did that.  Also, I will try the friend safari because I heard people get shinies there.  I tried the pokeradar first but my 30 bunnelby chain got broken :'(  In pearl, I only got two succesfull shiny chains so I don't expect to succeed often at that...

• Brohoof 1

5 of my 6 starters just reached the Level 100 Club. I love battling at the 3-star restaurant with exp. share on trying to evolve my other pokemon. 

Chesnaught, Blaziken, Kadabra, Blastoise, and Mamoswine. Magnezone still has a couple levels to go.

Dang, i have 0 lvl 100's but then again i haven't beat the game ;p.

I guess with the 3 star restrurant and stuff it does give you somewhere to level effectively, which is good to know.

And new XP share i find quite awesome.

Breeding in this game, it is just awesome. I was able to get a Mawile with perfect Attack and Defense IVs by breeding one from the Friend Safari(thanks @Zygen, your Safari is fabulous being Steel with Skarmory and Mawile I believe so everyone friend him) with Ditto in no time.

I also have all the Kalos starters now thanks to in-game(that's why Shauna's the best) and GTS trades(seriously, a Scatterbug for your Chespin? No problemo!) so yeah.

Oh and seriously, the online features in these games are just phenomenal, I can't use them all the time atm but everything is just so much better than 5th gen it's ridiculous.

Anyway, still got a ton of Pokémon I want to train- Mawile, Absol, Noivern, possibly that Shiny Abra since it does have a perfect Speed IV, plus it's hidden ability probably won't matter much if I just use Mega Kazam- the list goes on lol

Yeah, there is alot of random new breeding stuff, and frankly i didn't even know much about breeding in the first place. 

And the perfect IV's thing in friend safari is awesome. Even if i don't have access to friend safari's quite yet.(And your welcome ;p. I hope i don't get a piece of crap as my 3rd pokemon once i beat the game ;p.)

Online is so much easier and smoother in this game, plus it feels much more interactive, and you don't have to go to a pokemon center to do freaking everything.

I've used the online features way way more in this game, and i haven't even beat the whole game yet!

So yeah, the online on this game is awesome.

Oh my gosh, i'm soooo behind!

I feel like everyone's finished playing X or Y and i'm still on the second gym.

img-1956954-1-sad.png

*sigh* I must catch up! To the game!

Well, if it helps you i've only beat 7 gyms ;p.

I've been taking it slow.

So fare it's a really great game. The new Pokemon are great and leveling up Pokemon have never been easier. 

Also I need some friend codes. My user name animedude and my code 2938-6723-4518. So if some people would send me their codes that would be nice.

Yeah i quite like it, i'm 7 badges in. Have been quite impressed.

And yeah even though the rooster is a bit limited there all pretty well made overall.

Plus the new 3D models look great.

Ps. I added you.

And looks like theres a good bit of high level content, even just the story has me up in the mid 60's and i have 7 badges.

And my FC is 0576-4624-8886 feel free to add me, that goes for anyone, just make sure to tell me your FC aswell, and i'll be able to add you back!

Name is Zygen, both ingame and on 3DS.

• Brohoof 2

I think Noivern might be one of my favorite new Pokémon- I wasn't too excited about it at first since it seemed to be just another boring old Dragon-Flying type Pokémon, but after seeing that it was a special attacking Dragon(even if its special attack is a little lower than most, but it is a lot faster) and since Dragon is my favorite type anyway I felt the need to train one, and it has not dissapointed me so far. Plus, its design is just awesome, and it has probably the best cry ever, best dragon introduced this gen imo(Tyrantrum is a very close second though). :yay:

Oh, and the Lumiose post-game story is also really good, surprisingly so even considering the main game's story isn't the best, if anyone who beat the game and feels that there's nothing else to do I'd highly recommend doing those missions(although it should be noted that you have to win at least one Battle Maison battle and fight your rival Kiloude City before you can do them). ;)

• Brohoof 1

If i had to nickname all my pokemon i'd have to nickname like 8 boxes of pokemon by now ;p.

Thats to much i think, i only really nickname pokemon i plan on using on teams or whatever.

Maybe i'm just stupidly uncreative though.

I think Noivern might be one of my favorite new Pokémon- I wasn't too excited about it at first since it seemed to be just another boring old Dragon-Flying type Pokémon, but after seeing that it was a special attacking Dragon(even if its special attack is a little lower than most, but it is a lot faster) and since Dragon is my favorite type anyway I felt the need to train one, and it has not dissapointed me so far. Plus, its design is just awesome, and it has probably the best cry ever, best dragon introduced this gen imo(Tyrantrum is a very close second though). yay.png

Oh, and the Lumiose post-game story is also really good, surprisingly so even considering the main game's story isn't the best, if anyone who beat the game and feels that there's nothing else to do I'd highly recommend doing those missions(although it should be noted that you have to win at least one Battle Maison battle and fight your rival Kiloude City before you can do them). wink.png

Noivern is pretty cool, i don't know if it takes cake for my favorite dragon, but its pretty cool.

Theres alot of Gen 6 pokemon i find cool though so yeah ;p. Despite the limited rooster they're all quite cool i find.

I dunno if Noivern is my favorite, Goodra and Tyrantrum are both close 2nd's. Idk ;p. I haven't used any dragon types this gen, i really don't use dragon types much i guess ;p.

And i haven't quite beat the game yet, so i'll have to check the post game stuff out, the main story isn't great, although it isn't bad, its decent, the backstory it provides is nice, although it does feel like it isn't engage for much of the game.

It could be argued though that the mystery behind team flares intentions adds to the story though.

But i'll be doing the post game obviously.

And an update, i just got my 8th gym badge, gonna head to victory road now. My pokemon are kinda overleveled, but yeah ;p.

And another side note, i found a random shiny Sligoo, my first shiny in this game, came as a total surprise, i dunno if i'll actually use it, but its cool to get a shiny finally.

• Brohoof 1

Due to the lack of a postgame (well at least the way I see it) I haven't played in a while. Might have just challenged some people to online battles but thats about it. I'm actually playing Black version and sorting out all my pokemon that will be transferred to this game. If anyone wants to trade pokemon in x & y, hit me up. I've been doing that more than anything.

Discovery Dream, on 27 Oct 2013 - 8:45 PM, said:

Please, please, please, if you haven't done the Looker sidequest yet, do it now. It's just so beautiful and amazing and fun and wow my heart is broken into a million tiny, manageable pieces.

ChallengeAccepted.jpg

On a side note I just got done wonder trading away 3 full boxes of Charmanders. I got some pretty cool stuff in return, although it seemed like I got an awful lot of Honedges. Oh well. derpy_emoticon2.png

• Brohoof 1

Please, please, please, if you haven't done the Looker sidequest yet, do it now. It's just so beautiful and amazing and fun and wow my heart is broken into a million tiny, manageable pieces.

Well, considering i just beat the elite 4 and stuff I will be doing that soon!

And yes, i just finished the game an hour ago or so.

So yeah, i am impressed by the game, and enjoyed it, very enjoyable to the end i find. I didn't really ever get bored of it, and still am not really xD.

Oh and my Friend safari has Skarmory, Mawile, And Bronzong, so if anybody wants those you can add me.

Again my FC is 0576-4624-8886 Name is Zygen. Feel free to add, just PM me so i can add you if you do.

Time to do some friend safari's now ;p.

• Brohoof 1

So another Pokémon I got around to training today was Barbaracle. It's certainly a very unique design being 7 Binacle forming a humanoid body, cool and a little creepy at the same time lol. It has the Tough Claws ability which is good but the only moves it can really use with it are Razor Shell and Cross Chop along with a few slashing moves which are not as good, it has Shell Smash though so it can use other physical attacks effectively as well. Overall it plays a lot like Cloyster does but looks a lot cooler, I like it.

Most of the fun of the game for me is certainly coming from training up these new Pokémon, I hope to have a solidly large group of new/improved and worth using Pokes for my old ones to team up with when I can transfer them. :yay:

• Brohoof 1

So another Pokémon I got around to training today was Barbaracle. It's certainly a very unique design being 7 Binacle forming a humanoid body, cool and a little creepy at the same time lol. It has the Tough Claws ability which is good but the only moves it can really use with it are Razor Shell and Cross Chop along with a few slashing moves which are not as good, it has Shell Smash though so it can use other physical attacks effectively as well. Overall it plays a lot like Cloyster does but looks a lot cooler, I like it.

Most of the fun of the game for me is certainly coming from training up these new Pokémon, I hope to have a solidly large group of new/improved and worth using Pokes for my old ones to team up with when I can transfer them. yay.png

Its very... interesting to say the least ;p.

Its design is very odd, but cool yeah ;p.

I never used one really, i have one, just haven't used it really. 

I dunno how alike to cloyster it would be, unless it has the incredibly high defense of cloyster, along with the non existant sp defense of cloyster ;p. 

But idk its stats setup. 

Its an interesting pokemon though.

And I tried to use as many new pokemon as I could on my team, might decide to train some other new ones to.

My brother got a Japanese version of Pokemon Y from his trip back from Japan. I may be able to provide you guys some japanese pokemon like ditto for instance, but You guys have to wait till he progresses through the game also I have to transfer that caught Pokemon to my X version in order to give you guys a Japanese Pokemon so that way you guys don't have to register my brother's Friend code to your 3DS friend Roster so you guys have to use my friend code in order for me to provide you guys some japanese pokemon. If you guys can't wait, and being picky, Just use the GTS if that helps enough so don't try to rush him, just let him enjoy his game.

I heard that Espurr is becoming a fan favorite pokemon these days. I've seen a lot of pictures of espurr all over.

Its very... interesting to say the least ;p.

Its design is very odd, but cool yeah ;p.

I never used one really, i have one, just haven't used it really.

I dunno how alike to cloyster it would be, unless it has the incredibly high defense of cloyster, along with the non existant sp defense of cloyster ;p.

But idk its stats setup.

Its an interesting pokemon though.

And I tried to use as many new pokemon as I could on my team, might decide to train some other new ones to.

Well, they're similar in that they both need Shell Smash to set up and work well really, Cloyster is probably a lot better overall though because of Skill Link but Barbaracle has better type coverage I'd say. Its Special Defense is certainly better than Cloyster's though, still not great especially after Shell Smash but it can be boosted further by sandstorm sometimes since it's a Rock type. It's a good Pokémon imo.

Well, they're similar in that they both need Shell Smash to set up and work well really, Cloyster is probably a lot better overall though because of Skill Link but Barbaracle has better type coverage I'd say. Its Special Defense is certainly better than Cloyster's though, still not great especially after Shell Smash but it can be boosted further by sandstorm sometimes since it's a Rock type. It's a good Pokémon imo.

I guess, I used cloyster in heart gold, so I didn't have shell smash.

But no question barbaracle is better sp def, cloisters sp def hardly exists, it's hp is low to. But it's defense is pretty crazy.

Although I think barbaracle can probaly put out more damage generally, cloyster I don't find puts out a bunch.

Idk, I haven't used one since gen 4 really.

Barbaracle Seems an interesting Pokemon regardless.

anybody know anything fun to do in the post game? I'm just milling around in the battle chateau and wonder trading. not super interested in the battle maison

Looookeerrrr Siiiidequeeeeesssssst. I HAVE A MIGHTY NEED to get everyone to play through it.

If you haven't done it already. ;A;