Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Pokemon X and Y Discussion Thread

BrainyBrony

anybody know anything fun to do in the post game? I'm just milling around in the battle chateau and wonder trading. not super interested in the battle maison

Looker Bureau and lots of other Lumiose City stuff

Pokémon trainiing/breeding

Filling the Pokédex

Battling/trading online

Mega Stone hunting

Plus there are a few legendaries to catch if you didn't already.

Not to mention there are loads of clothing and items to collect.

Definitely a lot to do if you ask me.

• Brohoof 1

So, i've just been doing friend safari stuff lately mostly, with some trading of some other pokemon.

I'm now getting ready to make a full team of eeveelutions ;p. Why? Because... um I can ;p.

I'm thinking that since Flareon and Leafeon are the only true physical damage dealer eeveelutions i'll be using both(Flareon has flare blitz now, which is good.)

Then probaly toss in jolteon for volt switch i guess.

Sylveon is just great all around. 

Umbreon is my favorite and pretty tanky.

And i'd probably throw in espeon to, its either her or vaporeon or Glacion. I think i'd prefer Espeon.

Not planning on it being super viable or anything, but i wanna make the team anyways ;p.

Oh and on a side note i got rotom.

Edited by Zygen
  • Brohoof 1

I'm looking for a Female Litleo with moxie ability in a Premier ball. Well It has to be Caught in Friend Safari as my Friend requested also It can be any Nature. If you asked me why, my friend has been having hard time getting one, but she's looking for one and I'm covering the trade for her so What I can offer best is a Japanese Pokemon although Judging from my brother's progress, he should be past 2nd or 3rd Gym by now so I'm still waiting for him to progress further or till post-game. Although These are the Pokemon I may offer other than Japanese Pokemon which are Wish & Volt Tackle Pichu Family and Elemental Fangs Tyrunt.

So I have discovered the wonders of Horde Battle EV training- with a Pokémon in the lead with a move that hits everything(Earthquake for example), something with Sweet Scent(to attract a horde every time), Exp Share, and a Power item corresponding to the stat you want to train, you can easily max out a Pokémon's stat in 11 battles or less- 6 or less with Pokérus! I love it.

Anyway, I've been training lots of stuff because of that, I only find leveling up quickly a bit of a pain still though since you can only fight your rival once a day, the resturants you have to pay for to battle in and you have to do every fight, and the Elite 4 are sort of slow chug to go through. I wish it was more like the gen 5 games which had multiple rebattle-able trainers in Nimbasa and all across Unova- oh well, it's not so bad but it's not as easy to level up new stuff here.

• Brohoof 1

I'm looking for a Female Litleo with moxie ability in a Premier ball. Well It has to be Caught in Friend Safari as my Friend requested also It can be any Nature. If you asked me why, my friend has been having hard time getting one, but she's looking for one and I'm covering the trade for her so What I can offer best is a Japanese Pokemon although Judging from my brother's progress, he should be past 2nd or 3rd Gym by now so I'm still waiting for him to progress further or till post-game. Although These are the Pokemon I may offer other than Japanese Pokemon which are Wish & Volt Tackle Pichu Family and Elemental Fangs Tyrunt.

Well, the best i have is that one of my friends has a pyroar friend safari, but i don't have any litleo safaris unfortunately. 

So I have discovered the wonders of Horde Battle EV training- with a Pokémon in the lead with a move that hits everything(Earthquake for example), something with Sweet Scent(to attract a horde every time), Exp Share, and a Power item corresponding to the stat you want to train, you can easily max out a Pokémon's stat in 11 battles or less- 6 or less with Pokérus! I love it.

Anyway, I've been training lots of stuff because of that, I only find leveling up quickly a bit of a pain still though since you can only fight your rival once a day, the resturants you have to pay for to battle in and you have to do every fight, and the Elite 4 are sort of slow chug to go through. I wish it was more like the gen 5 games which had multiple rebattle-able trainers in Nimbasa and all across Unova- oh well, it's not so bad but it's not as easy to level up new stuff here.

I heard about it, of course i really don't use it, i just do super training, I find it fun and still pretty quick.

and yeah, the fact you can't rematch many trainers kinda sucks, but its been worse. ;p. Or it could be also.

The restaurants don't cost anything if you have amulet coin or prize money or stuff.(Might need both, not sure.) well aside from intial cost, i think you can actually make money with amulet coin and prize money power if you do well enough in the 3 star.

But yeah, it does suck, but its not terrible. Plus there are higher level wild pokemon, so it can be a bit easier then other games. Depending.

Well, the best i have is that one of my friends has a pyroar friend safari, but i don't have any litleo safaris unfortunately. 

I heard about it, of course i really don't use it, i just do super training, I find it fun and still pretty quick.

and yeah, the fact you can't rematch many trainers kinda sucks, but its been worse. ;p. Or it could be also.

The restaurants don't cost anything if you have amulet coin or prize money or stuff.(Might need both, not sure.) well aside from intial cost, i think you can actually make money with amulet coin and prize money power if you do well enough in the 3 star.

But yeah, it does suck, but its not terrible. Plus there are higher level wild pokemon, so it can be a bit easier then other games. Depending.

I'm willing to take that chance to get or trade a Female Pyroar in a Premier Ball with any nature from you, but the only pokemon I have for offer is 2 other pokemon. The Japanese pokemon, well You're gonna have to wait till my brother progresses through his game so whatever choice left there is.

• Brohoof 1

Well, yeah I know that, I use the Amulet Coin and the O-Powers and stuff, and I certainly do make more money there then I spend, but I still don't find it very ideal is all. Still, with all this I've been inadvertently leveling some of my Pokémon that I've had since I started the game up to the 80s and 90s so I guess I should't complain too much(target level for most is about 50 or so for me). ^_^
  • Brohoof 1

Let me see... The usual update...

Gengar, Lucario, Gloom, Delphox, Charizard, and Clauncher. This be my team at the moment. Don't actually have my DS with me, but they're all around level 36, except for Clauncher, who I just caught and is around 27.

• Brohoof 1

Thought I would stop by and post my current team. I am still deciding on the two final members. I'm about to stop at my final gym and acquire my eighth badge. Then, it is off to the Pokemon League. biggrin.png

Noivern, Blastoise, Gardevoir, and Aegislash

Edited by SmartyPants
  • Brohoof 2

You should have a legend in your team for elite 4, but the last gym is filled with ice types so a fire, fighting, rock, and steel types should work best for that gym. All I did was use my starter for that last gym. Mostly Steel-Types can work since they resist ice.

Just encountered and caught my 2nd shiny! It was a Nidoran(M) in a horde with 3 other males and a female Nidoran. I mistook it for a female because apparently shiny male Nidorans have a very similar color scheme. 

- Nidoran(M) - Route 12 horde

- Beartic - Frost Cavern

• Brohoof 2

I'm saddened by the aftergame.

Sure, Zygarde is a cool legendary with an interesting ability and design, but Mewtwo (I acknowledge why it's there, Mewtwonite X and Y) and the Legendary birds, really?

I did buy both X and Y, and have beaten the game with roughly 75~80 hours of gameplay on both versions, but it's really sad to see such potential go to waste.

Oh well, time to make some sets to take advantage of mega evolution.

You should have a legend in your team for elite 4, but the last gym is filled with ice types so a fire, fighting, rock, and steel types should work best for that gym. All I did was use my starter for that last gym. Mostly Steel-Types can work since they resist ice.

You mean the one version exclusive legendary you can get by that point, and doing something unfair and looked down upon?

Edited by Doge
  • Brohoof 1

Well maybe or something like that, but It's a good idea to have one to buy you enough time to recover your pokemon depending on how high the defenses are. That's why I used one for the elite 4, but for the last gym, I used my Fire Starter Pokemon for that.

Well maybe or something like that, but It's a good idea to have one to buy you enough time to recover your pokemon depending on how high the defenses are. That's why I used one for the elite 4, but for the last gym, I used my Fire Starter Pokemon for that.

I was at 62~63 on my entire party during both playthroughs, and didn't use a legendary either time.

Looking back, I only had difficulty on Drasna, and that's only because I didn't have any Fairy, Ice or Dragon type moves. 

Edited by Doge

More safari shiny craziness! :o

This time it's Shuppet:

post-592-0-34810500-1383351451_thumb.jpg

I seriously don't even know how to explain this. I have been tipping a lot, and there's boundless speculation that may increase the chances of a shiny, but who knows if that's even true. Or maybe all the hordes I've been fighting to EV train have helped with the chances a bit. Or perhaps I'm just lucky. I did get something decent in terms of stats this time at least though, can't wait to see Mega Bannete as a shiny. :D

Anyway, has anyone noticed how awesome the battle backgrounds on the bottom screen that you can choose in the options menu are? The elegant one is definitely the best imo, being a purple wreath on a white wall, and we all know the most elegant things in life are purple and white. ;)

• Brohoof 1

I'm willing to take that chance to get or trade a Female Pyroar in a Premier Ball with any nature from you, but the only pokemon I have for offer is 2 other pokemon. The Japanese pokemon, well You're gonna have to wait till my brother progresses through his game so whatever choice left there is.

I don't really care what you trade me much. I'll just have to go catch it and give it to you when i get a chance.

So the other night I was looking for Pumpkaboo and I gaped for about a minute when I encountered a shiny Skorupi in the grass. I'd never even encountered a shiny before that. Very happy~

Dang, sounds pretty cool :D, Congrats!

And yeah. whenever i find a shiny regardless of who i always get overjoyed. 

I got a shiny Sligoo, and my friend who likes them more then me traded me a shiny eevee for it(Which i love eevee by the way ;p.) I'm even gonna make a full eevee team, and i'm gonna use that shiny eevee to ;p.

Well, yeah I know that, I use the Amulet Coin and the O-Powers and stuff, and I certainly do make more money there then I spend, but I still don't find it very ideal is all. Still, with all this I've been inadvertently leveling some of my Pokémon that I've had since I started the game up to the 80s and 90s so I guess I should't complain too much(target level for most is about 50 or so for me). happy.png

True, i found that the hotel in lumiose gives some decent money, since it goes up. 

I think the cafe is more for XP if anything.

But it does take alot of time regardless typically.

Just encountered and caught my 2nd shiny! It was a Nidoran(M) in a horde with 3 other males and a female Nidoran. I mistook it for a female because apparently shiny male Nidorans have a very similar color scheme. 

- Nidoran(M) - Route 12 horde

- Beartic - Frost Cavern

Yeah some shinies are really similar :/. 

I don't really like using legendaries myself, i get them mostly for collecting, but i feel like they're mostly a bit to powerful.

Besides my team was already over leveled by the time i got to the elite 4.

More safari shiny craziness! ohmy.png

This time it's Shuppet:

attachicon.gifIMG_20131101_184501.jpg

I seriously don't even know how to explain this. I have been tipping a lot, and there's boundless speculation that may increase the chances of a shiny, but who knows if that's even true. Or maybe all the hordes I've been fighting to EV train have helped with the chances a bit. Or perhaps I'm just lucky. I did get something decent in terms of stats this time at least though, can't wait to see Mega Bannete as a shiny. biggrin.png

Anyway, has anyone noticed how awesome the battle backgrounds on the bottom screen that you can choose in the options menu are? The elegant one is definitely the best imo, being a purple wreath on a white wall, and we all know the most elegant things in life are purple and white. wink.png

Dang, looks cool ;p.

ANd yeah there has been rumors tipping increases shiny rate, idk if it does, but i tip a bunch.

And yeah i noticed that from the start, i've been using the eevee one, because i love eevee :D.

• Brohoof 1

We've beaten the league. Even though some of my Pokemon were much higher-leveled then theirs, it felt natural. Was able to answer them at full power; both the League and the King.

This is my all-time favorite game. I finally played at a natural pace, and got so much out of it. Will enjoy this forever smile.png

Currently exploring the Friend Safari. Quick question though: Is there any statistical difference between raising Pokemon from their primary stage instead of starting at the second?

Edited by Starlight Sky
  • Brohoof 2

We've beaten the league. Even though some of my Pokemon were much higher-leveled then theirs, it felt natural. Was able to answer them at full power; both the League and the King.

This is my all-time favorite game. I finally played at a natural pace, and got so much out of it. Will enjoy this forever img-1975255-1-smile.png

Currently exploring the Friend Safari. Quick question though: Is there any statistical difference between raising Pokemon from their primary stage instead of starting at the second?

The advantages of raising a Pokémon from its primary stage primarily stem from breeding, where you can control things like IVs, nature, and egg moves, and some pre-evos can learn moves their evolution doesn't learn(particularly those who evolve through stone), but not all. If the Pokémon is good on all that though, and doesn't need egg moves and the like that you would want on it, you should be good with raising one right out of the wild. Generally though, those bred and raised from scratch turn out to be better Pokémon than most.
  • Brohoof 2

so I finished the looker missions. kinda...stunned

sure not something I was expecting from a pokemon game /=|

I do feel that it kinda makes up for the apparent lack of story in the main game.

also, did any body hear about the new bad egg issue?

apparently you can get it from wonder trading

https://scontent-b-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/q71/s720x720/602105_499119493518976_1292697177_n.jpg

capable of corrupting your game apparently

steps to take should you get one

1. Do not touch the egg! That means no checking moves, stats, anything. It may have an item attached, do not attempt to retrieve the item!

2. The box the bad egg is in is immediately QUARANTINED. 

3. Immediately remove all Pokemon from the quarantined box. They can and WILL
be corrupted if they remain in close proximity to the bad egg. 

4. Do not , I repeat, DO NOT attempt to withdraw the egg. Do NOT attempt to hatch the egg. 

5. Your primary goal is to save all your Pokemon from infection. Treat a bad egg like you would a zombie pathogen that spreads via air. 

6. Your secondary goal is to avoid the Pokemon "-----". At all costs.

so I finished the looker missions. kinda...stunned

sure not something I was expecting from a pokemon game /=|

I do feel that it kinda makes up for the apparent lack of story in the main game.

also, did any body hear about the new bad egg issue?

apparently you can get it from wonder trading

https://scontent-b-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/q71/s720x720/602105_499119493518976_1292697177_n.jpg

capable of corrupting your game apparently

steps to take should you get one

1. Do not touch the egg! That means no checking moves, stats, anything. It may have an item attached, do not attempt to retrieve the item!

2. The box the bad egg is in is immediately QUARANTINED.

3. Immediately remove all Pokemon from the quarantined box. They can and WILL

be corrupted if they remain in close proximity to the bad egg.

4. Do not , I repeat, DO NOT attempt to withdraw the egg. Do NOT attempt to hatch the egg.

5. Your primary goal is to save all your Pokemon from infection. Treat a bad egg like you would a zombie pathogen that spreads via air.

6. Your secondary goal is to avoid the Pokemon "-----". At all costs.

Well that's certainly discouraging, for Wonder Trade at least. It's said it might be the cause of a bad connection when trading or something(or perhaps when someone turns it off or something in the middle of a trade, which I can see happening), so yeah, I would be wary of Wonder Trade especially for a while. :huh:

It's been such a long time since I've been on the forums, but here I am! I came here because I just knew there would be a topic for the Pokemans Ex and Why, so that is why I came here. That was a good sentence.

Anyways, how have your adventures been?

Personally, I found a shiny male Eevee when trying to get a female Eevee for my girlfriend- my first ever shiny (that wasn't a scripted Red Gyarados or Shiny Gible). Really, never gotten a shiny, and it had to be an Eevee.

Also finally found a Togepi, which I plan to use to chain breed the move Wish from Togepi to Pikachu to Eevee for my Sylveon. 

I also have a quickly made team for anybody who'd like to battle.

I'm also looking for somebody with a Friend Safari with Ditto. 

• Brohoof 2

It's been such a long time since I've been on the forums, but here I am! I came here because I just knew there would be a topic for the Pokemans Ex and Why, so that is why I came here. That was a good sentence.

Anyways, how have your adventures been?

Personally, I found a shiny male Eevee when trying to get a female Eevee for my girlfriend- my first ever shiny (that wasn't a scripted Red Gyarados or Shiny Gible). Really, never gotten a shiny, and it had to be an Eevee.

Also finally found a Togepi, which I plan to use to chain breed the move Wish from Togepi to Pikachu to Eevee for my Sylveon. 

I also have a quickly made team for anybody who'd like to battle.

I'm also looking for somebody with a Friend Safari with Ditto. 

I was looking for the same safari too, but On my end, there hasn't been any responses lately. All I can smell is Competitive battles although I'll be using the safari on my brother's 3DS XL, but in this condition that I have to delete that person off on his 3DS Friend Roster so I can avoid suspicious activity just keep me in your Friend Roster intact.

So I was able to get a Gale Wings Fletchling off of GTS, and bred and trained myself a Talonflame then. It's certainly a good Pokémon with them priority Flying moves, could be stronger though. Was also able to get an Imposter Ditto through Wonder Trade I think.

Oh, and 2 other new Pokémon I've taken a liking to are Heliolisk and Florges- Heliolisk is just such a cool Electric type Pokémon with a nice movepool and great attack animations, and Florges is just so beautiful, like a cross between a flower and a mermaid, plus I love that they can come in different colors- mine is yellow and I like her that way, looks like she has blonde poofy hair! :lol:

Anyway, I'm almost glad that there were less Pokémon introduced this gen, most of the designs are pretty amazing and almost all of the Pokémon new and old look great in motion, I love it. :D

Oh, and shiny Mega Bannete is awesome, 'nuff said. ;)

• Brohoof 1

Okay, so at least one person has been telling everybody to do the Looker side quest for a while, and I have to say...

How the heck do I get the Looker side quest? I haven't the slightest idea, but everybody keeps saying how good it is...