Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Pokemon X and Y Discussion Thread

BrainyBrony

so I finished the looker missions. kinda...stunned

sure not something I was expecting from a pokemon game /=|

I do feel that it kinda makes up for the apparent lack of story in the main game.

also, did any body hear about the new bad egg issue?

apparently you can get it from wonder trading

https://scontent-b-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/q71/s720x720/602105_499119493518976_1292697177_n.jpg

capable of corrupting your game apparently

steps to take should you get one

1. Do not touch the egg! That means no checking moves, stats, anything. It may have an item attached, do not attempt to retrieve the item!

2. The box the bad egg is in is immediately QUARANTINED. 

3. Immediately remove all Pokemon from the quarantined box. They can and WILL
be corrupted if they remain in close proximity to the bad egg. 

4. Do not , I repeat, DO NOT attempt to withdraw the egg. Do NOT attempt to hatch the egg. 

5. Your primary goal is to save all your Pokemon from infection. Treat a bad egg like you would a zombie pathogen that spreads via air. 

6. Your secondary goal is to avoid the Pokemon "-----". At all costs.

Wow, really? I love wonder trade... Darnit, now i'm gonna have to avoid it for a bit. Don't wanna corrupt my game :/. 

Hope a patch comes out to fix this.

It's been such a long time since I've been on the forums, but here I am! I came here because I just knew there would be a topic for the Pokemans Ex and Why, so that is why I came here. That was a good sentence.

Anyways, how have your adventures been?

Personally, I found a shiny male Eevee when trying to get a female Eevee for my girlfriend- my first ever shiny (that wasn't a scripted Red Gyarados or Shiny Gible). Really, never gotten a shiny, and it had to be an Eevee.

Also finally found a Togepi, which I plan to use to chain breed the move Wish from Togepi to Pikachu to Eevee for my Sylveon. 

I also have a quickly made team for anybody who'd like to battle.

I'm also looking for somebody with a Friend Safari with Ditto. 

I love shiny eevee's :D. Well eevee's in general. My friend gave me one for a shiny Sligoo i found, its now an umbreon. 

So I was able to get a Gale Wings Fletchling off of GTS, and bred and trained myself a Talonflame then. It's certainly a good Pokémon with them priority Flying moves, could be stronger though. Was also able to get an Imposter Ditto through Wonder Trade I think.

Oh, and 2 other new Pokémon I've taken a liking to are Heliolisk and Florges- Heliolisk is just such a cool Electric type Pokémon with a nice movepool and great attack animations, and Florges is just so beautiful, like a cross between a flower and a mermaid, plus I love that they can come in different colors- mine is yellow and I like her that way, looks like she has blonde poofy hair! laugh.png

Anyway, I'm almost glad that there were less Pokémon introduced this gen, most of the designs are pretty amazing and almost all of the Pokémon new and old look great in motion, I love it. biggrin.png

Oh, and shiny Mega Bannete is awesome, 'nuff said. wink.png

Yeah priority flying moves with like choice band or something is pretty good.

And yeah, Heliolisk is pretty cool, same with florges, i've not used either, but both i've seen and are pretty cool.

And also i have all the flebebe forms ;p, because collecting pokemon ;p.

I also have like 11 Vivillon forms, the rest are proving challenging to get.

Okay, so at least one person has been telling everybody to do the Looker side quest for a while, and I have to say...

How the heck do I get the Looker side quest? I haven't the slightest idea, but everybody keeps saying how good it is...

Idk honestly, i've been busy doing other stuff to check it out.

I do know that you have to go to the professor at the sun dial, after doing 1 battle mason battle and fighting your rival, but other then that i'm not sure.

• Brohoof 1

I think that all of us here should make a multi-battle team someday. I have like around 4 people to partner up with for multi-battles. How does a multi-battle work? Well it's 4-player double battle and you partner up with someone. All you need to do is do these following steps.

1. Choose 'battle' either through a friend's icon on the PSS, or through the menu that has several options (like game sync, o-powers, GTS, etc).
2. Choose 4-player battle.
3. Choose the 3 other players you want to join you (they have to all be online in-game).
4. When all the preparations are made, there's an option called 'Battle Arena'. In it, it says 'First' 'Second' 'Third' & 'Fourth'. Everyone chooses a position. First & Second become partners, and Third & Fourth become partners. If no-one chooses a position then you just end up partnered with whoever is above or below you on the top-screen.

• Brohoof 2

I think that all of us here should make a multi-battle team someday. I have like around 4 people to partner up with for multi-battles. How does a multi-battle work? Well it's 4-player double battle and you partner up with someone. All you need to do is do these following steps.

1. Choose 'battle' either through a friend's icon on the PSS, or through the menu that has several options (like game sync, o-powers, GTS, etc).

2. Choose 4-player battle.

3. Choose the 3 other players you want to join you (they have to all be online in-game).

4. When all the preparations are made, there's an option called 'Battle Arena'. In it, it says 'First' 'Second' 'Third' & 'Fourth'. Everyone chooses a position. First & Second become partners, and Third & Fourth become partners. If no-one chooses a position then you just end up partnered with whoever is above or below you on the top-screen.

Yeah i've done multi battles with friends before, I suppose if people are around i'd be willing to do one.

I know how they work overall.

Maybe i'll use my eevee team ;p.

So I'm finally taking advantage of the super training function, and for the first time ever in my 13 years or so of playing Pokémon, I'm creating a competitive EV-trained team! laugh.png

Also in a few months (after Christmas so more people have the game), we should totally have a mlpforums Pokémon tournament for X and Y. I know I've already mentioned this on this thread before, but I just think it'd be pretty fun.

• Brohoof 2

So I'm finally taking advantage of the super training function, and for the first time ever in my 13 years or so of playing Pokémon, I'm creating a competitive EV-trained team! laugh.png

Also in a few months (after Christmas so more people have the game), we should totally have a mlpforums Pokémon tournament for X and Y. I know I've already mentioned this on this thread before, but I just think it'd be pretty fun.

Haha yeah, super training is awesome, especially when you get good at it and become really efficient. 

Beats regular EV training anyday i think.

And yeah while i did EV train a team legit once before it was in like gen 4 and i only did like 5 battles maybe? I really haven't done much competitive stuff.

But this game has made getting into competitive easy, and not require pokegen or something in order to do it, its actually able to happen legit.

Which i like, i'll probaly get into competitive aswell.

And yeah i agree, i'd be down for a tournament, especially since i won't be as busy as I am now after Christmas, since marching season will be over.

And with how its easier to get competitive teams then in previous games (Without hacking) it might even be more popular aswell!

But yeah i agree :D.

Good luck with your EV training my friend btw!

• Brohoof 1

I heard how people find boo-boo key annoying and then they rage quit in process. Apparently it's a luck-based strategy although it can only work on single and rotation battles, but it doesn't work on double and triple battles. If boo-boo key has crafty shield, then it would buy the opponent some time to put up safeguard and preventing all status ailments inflicted on the team.

• Brohoof 1

I like adorable things. Espurr and Eevee are adorable. I'm actually having fun with Pokemon-amie. Kind of surprising to be honest.

Also been trying to breed more thingies for my party. It's gone well. Made a Protean Greninja. I need to supertrain her, though.

Pokemon X and Y is the first game in the series that I have enjoyed this much.

• Brohoof 1

I heard how people find boo-boo key annoying and then they rage quit in process. Apparently it's a luck-based strategy although it can only work on single and rotation battles, but it doesn't work on double and triple battles. If boo-boo key has crafty shield, then it would buy the opponent some time to put up safeguard and preventing all status ailments inflicted on the team.

Boo-boo key? Do you mean kieflik(However its spelt?)

And idk much about it, never used one personally, haven't done much of any online yet.

I like adorable things. Espurr and Eevee are adorable. I'm actually having fun with Pokemon-amie. Kind of surprising to be honest.

Also been trying to breed more thingies for my party. It's gone well. Made a Protean Greninja. I need to supertrain her, though.

Pokemon X and Y is the first game in the series that I have enjoyed this much.

Eevee is like one of my favorite pokemon, mostly for its evolutions, but still cute.

And yeah pokemon amie is fun, its sorta like some weird pokemon nintendogs thing... Well except you don't have to do stuff like take them outside to potty.(That would be so weird though, and gross. so glad its excluded ;p.)

i played it a good bit with my Sylveon, thats about it ;p.

And Protean sounds interesting, gonna have to use one. 

And i really have enjoyed X and Y. also.

Boo-boo key? Do you mean kieflik(However its spelt?)

And idk much about it, never used one personally, haven't done much of any online yet.

Eevee is like one of my favorite pokemon, mostly for its evolutions, but still cute.

And yeah pokemon amie is fun, its sorta like some weird pokemon nintendogs thing... Well except you don't have to do stuff like take them outside to potty.(That would be so weird though, and gross. so glad its excluded ;p.)

i played it a good bit with my Sylveon, thats about it ;p.

And Protean sounds interesting, gonna have to use one. 

And i really have enjoyed X and Y. also.

Well Yeah, but it's marked as OU'd Pokemon because Klefki can have parafusion strategy as people say naming it boo-boo key. One person That I know said That it can be annoying and then he rage quit in process. In single and Rotation battles, It's un-counterable, but in Double and Triple Battles, The strategy wouldn't work because they need crafty shield to prevent flinching and buying the time to put up safeguard. Don't you guys remember back in Black & White 1 and 2 that most people used whimsicott and used it the pokemon for a parafusion strategy? I'm pretty sure people used that same strategy on klefki and then they call it the boo-boo key.

• Brohoof 1

Well Yeah, but it's marked as OU'd Pokemon because Klefki can have parafusion strategy as people say naming it boo-boo key. One person That I know said That it can be annoying and then he rage quit in process. In single and Rotation battles, It's un-counterable, but in Double and Triple Battles, The strategy wouldn't work because they need crafty shield to prevent flinching and buying the time to put up safeguard. Don't you guys remember back in Black & White 1 and 2 that most people used whimsicott and used it the pokemon for a parafusion strategy? I'm pretty sure people used that same strategy on klefki and then they call it the boo-boo key.

Oh I see. Well i dunno. like i said haven't has much experience with them. 

And i really didn't do much Competitive before this either, a few in gen 4 thats it ;p.

So I'm finally taking advantage of the super training function, and for the first time ever in my 13 years or so of playing Pokémon, I'm creating a competitive EV-trained team! img-1983317-1-laugh.png

Eh, Horde Battle EV Training is a lot faster than Super Training actually if you set it up right, but Super Training is pretty fun anyways sometimes, I did do it for a while myself and it's great for EV training before the post game at least.

And a tournament would be cool, as long as it was made so everyone was on an equal playing field, which shouldn't be a problem since Normal Rules allow for all Pokémon to be set to Level 50, which would be the best way to do it imo.

Edited by SBB64
raisins
  • Brohoof 1

The Battle Chaetue (however it is spelled) can make your pokemon WAY too OP.

I have been spending a lot of time there raising my rank and my pokemon are almost level 40 now (at least the ones I plan to use on my main team) and I only have one badge.

The Battle Chaetue (however it is spelled) can make your pokemon WAY too OP.

I have been spending a lot of time there raising my rank and my pokemon are almost level 40 now (at least the ones I plan to use on my main team) and I only have one badge.

Well It's true that battle chateau can train your pokemon a lot higher. If you use Writ of Challenge for a fee, then It'll make your opponents a lot tougher yielding more exp and money. If you use both exp and prize money o-powers, then You'll get a lot of exp and money along with writ of challenge and the O-Powers. It's most likely that you need to target the trainers with audino because they hold a lot of exp.

Well It's true that battle chateau can train your pokemon a lot higher. If you use Writ of Challenge for a fee, then It'll make your opponents a lot tougher yielding more exp and money. If you use both exp and prize money o-powers, then You'll get a lot of exp and money along with writ of challenge and the O-Powers. It's most likely that you need to target the trainers with audino because they hold a lot of exp.

I know, and I am not sure if I love it or hate it. I am sort of on the wall about it. But somethig I don't like is how they slightly changed the cry for a lot of the older pokemon.

Klefki doesn't really need a Safeguard setup. It can do fine by running Foul Play with Substitute, Swagger, and Thunder Wave.

There's a problem with that because obviously what if the boo-boo key encounters a pokemon with magic bounce ability? Using Swagger and Thunder Wave on a pokemon with magic bounce will reflect those 2 attacks back to the pokemon that used it.

There's a problem with that because obviously what if the boo-boo key encounters a pokemon with magic bounce ability? Using Swagger and Thunder Wave on a pokemon with magic bounce will reflect those 2 attacks back to the pokemon that used it.

Well, going by that mindset there is no perfect setup. Everything in competitive Pokemon battling has a weakness that theoretically could be exploited. What's significant is how likely you are to encounter a team that could exploit said weakness. For instance...yes, Foul Play Klefki could technically be countered by Magic Bounce. Honestly though, only three Pokemon have Magic Bounce: Espeon, Xatu, and Mega Absol. Xatu is pretty lackluster so you probably won't see much of it at all. Mega Absol is a huge potential threat but is so frail that personally I don't see as becoming much of an issue. Espeon is admittedly a pretty great special sweeper but again isn't really seen too often. 

Well Using Boo-Boo Key(s) in battles depends on your opponent's battle rules so they can't be used if they're excluded in battles for all fairness in battle(s) reason(s). For me, well I would Exclude Boo-Boo Keys in my battles. I just don't battle random people, but I Battle and 1 only person that's it and we play and battle in a fair way.

I may be looking for more Friend Safaris so I'm hoping to get some pokemon I can use including dragon friend safari with Sliggoo, and Fire Friend Safari with Ponyta and Ninetales and pretty much more too. I was reported that I got a bug type in my friend safari so apparently it won't be much of a help.

Okay, so I was just doing my biology project when all of a sudden, I found something pretty awesome. 

Check this out

Fennekin (or however you spell it, is actually created from the smallest species of fox in the world!

Fennec_Foxes.jpgfennekin.jpgAlso, I'm raising all of my pokemon to level 29, once I do, I'm gonna battle the 2nd gym leader. Gah, I am just sooo behind. 

• Brohoof 2

Also, I'm raising all of my pokemon to level 29, once I do, I'm gonna battle the 2nd gym leader.

Well look at me, my pokemon are level 40 and I haven't beaten the second gym yet. And I'm training two pokemon right now up to that level. Plus an inkay because I just want to see it evolve.

• Brohoof 1

Hey everypony...trainers! How are you all doing? I'm surprised there's a Pokémon thread here. *ahem* Anyway, so far I'm breeding Pokémon to make myself a competitive team.

Hope you all are having a fun time.

• Brohoof 2

*Squeels* BEST GAMES EVER!!

It's been out in under a month and I have 170+ game play hours and already have caught 376 Pokemon in X! I'm planning on getting 1 of each species and have a PC that just completes the Pokedex! I have this strict rule it HAS to be obtained through my game, sadly..  and it has to not be nicknamed for the collection. xD Which gets annoying but oh well, I'm doing it! I'm in the Battle chateau right now, trying to evolve Meditite and Wailmer. Been waiting to be promoted from an Earl for a while now too. Oh! and I've got every catchable Kanto and Johto Pokemon without the Bank so far. Prooud. Need more friends for Safari, though - 1590-5175-7625 , I'm mainly looking for Clefairy and Shuckle. [OKay, I gave up on finding it in the wild], and I need Camerupt too.

Can't wait for tomorrow! I'm getting my Y version omg!!

Sorry, I neeeed to calm down but that's not going to happen..xD

• Brohoof 2

*Squeels* BEST GAMES EVER!!

It's been out in under a month and I have 170+ game play hours and already have caught 376 Pokemon in X! I'm planning on getting 1 of each species and have a PC that just completes the Pokedex! I have this strict rule it HAS to be obtained through my game, sadly..  and it has to not be nicknamed for the collection. xD Which gets annoying but oh well, I'm doing it! I'm in the Battle chateau right now, trying to evolve Meditite and Wailmer. Been waiting to be promoted from an Earl for a while now too. Oh! and I've got every catchable Kanto and Johto Pokemon without the Bank so far. Prooud. Need more friends for Safari, though - 1590-5175-7625 , I'm mainly looking for Clefairy and Shuckle. [OKay, I gave up on finding it in the wild], and I need Camerupt too.

Can't wait for tomorrow! I'm getting my Y version omg!!

Sorry, I neeeed to calm down but that's not going to happen..xD

Heh heh. Looks like you're really having a fun time. Keep going strong and try to catch all the Pokémon in the Kalos region. I'll be rooting for ya.

• Brohoof 3

Heh heh. Looks like you're really having a fun time. Keep going strong and try to catch all the Pokémon in the Kalos region. I'll be rooting for ya.

Thanks. :3 I really am. and I'm still trying, yeah.

I'm working on Hoenn right now but I do have almost all the Kalos Pokemon too. 

I was kind of alternating between Kalos and Kanto for a while. I also caught a few Sinnoh and Unova pokemon while trying to complete the game because I knew I'd be doing this. They're all placed numerically but I'm lacking a lot when it comes to Sinnoh.

and obviously I'm missing mostly starters and legendaries. xD Waiting on that Pokemon bank lol

• Brohoof 2

Thanks. :3 I really am. and I'm still trying, yeah.

I'm working on Hoenn right now but I do have almost all the Kalos Pokemon too. 

I was kind of alternating between Kalos and Kanto for a while. I also caught a few Sinnoh and Unova pokemon while trying to complete the game because I knew I'd be doing this. They're all placed numerically but I'm lacking a lot when it comes to Sinnoh.

and obviously I'm missing mostly starters and legendaries. xD Waiting on that Pokemon bank lol

I see. While we wait for the Pokebank, we can try out what other Pokémon are best at. Some are best at sweeping while some are best at taking hits.

• Brohoof 2