Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Pokemon X and Y Discussion Thread

BrainyBrony

I may be looking for these following specific Friend Safaris and pokemon if anyone here has them.

Dragon Friend Safari - Shelgon
Fire Friend Safari - Growlithe
Psychic Friend Safari - Abra and Xatu
Water Friend Safari - Poliwhirl, Wortortle, and Azumarill
Fairy Friend Safari - Togepi and Kirlia
Ice Friend Safari - Spheal and Dewgong

I don't think this is gonna be easy for me to find all of these. I may be looking for more pokemon to use.

• Brohoof 1

I may be looking for these following specific Friend Safaris and pokemon if anyone here has them. Dragon Friend Safari - ShelgonFire Friend Safari - GrowlithePsychic Friend Safari - Abra and XatuWater Friend Safari - Poliwhirl, Wortortle, and AzumarillFairy Friend Safari - Togepi and KirliaIce Friend Safari - Spheal and Dewgong I don't think this is gonna be easy for me to find all of these. I may be looking for more pokemon to use.

Well, I don't know what's in my own Friend Safari, but I know that some people on the forums have Togepi and Abra in theirs, so I would go the FC exchange thread around here and try to add as many people as you can to see what you can get. ;)

• Brohoof 1

Well, I don't know what's in my own Friend Safari, but I know that some people on the forums have Togepi and Abra in theirs, so I would go the FC exchange thread around here and try to add as many people as you can to see what you can get. wink.png

I could help you and identify them If I had your Friend Code also You have to be online to get the 3rd pokemon to be revealed. I may be thinking that the pokemon X and Y FC exchange thread should be like "Pokemon Wi-fi Lobby" thread in case if we needed trades, battles, and Friend Safaris. I know asking for them would be acceptable here, but that's just my suggestion (or idea) of having a wi-fi lobby thread.

(I know that I get the feeling that Friend Safaris is like having a lot of friends for MLP app on iOS and android)

I could help you and identify them If I had your Friend Code also You have to be online to get the 3rd pokemon to be revealed. I may be thinking that the pokemon X and Y FC exchange thread should be like "Pokemon Wi-fi Lobby" thread in case if we needed trades, battles, and Friend Safaris. I know asking for them would be acceptable here, but that's just my suggestion (or idea) of having a wi-fi lobby thread.

(I know that I get the feeling that Friend Safaris is like having a lot of friends for MLP app on iOS and android)

I can also add you in to access your Friend Safari if you want me to. In fact, I don't know what's in my Friend Safari either. Still, it's great to have as many friends as possible around here. :)

• Brohoof 2

All I have in my friend safari is a ton of Siglyph.

Anyway, my team. Ditched Lucario for a Noivern, best decision in the universe. Here's my team, moves in the spoiler.

Vernal the Noivern, lv. 54 (Still in the training level to be on par with my team)

Ability: Frisk

Item: None (See moveset for reason why)

Moveset:

- Acrobatics

- Dragon Pulse

- Super Fang

- Whirlwind

Loki the Delphox lv. 72 (Still have no regrets about the nickname)

Ability: Blaze

Item: Flame Plate

Moveset:

- Psychic

- Light Screen

- Flamethrower

- Mystical Fire

Hawkeye the Sylveon lv. 72 (I. Regret. Nothing.)

Ability: Cute Charm

Item: King's Rock

Moveset:

- Moonblast

- Draining Kiss

- Swift (Probably will switch for Psych Up when I get a heart scale.)

- Shadow Ball

Fluttershy the Roserade lv. 71 (Has really bad defense, only 98. But it's special attack is godly (212, I have no idea how it got that high) , and that + Grass Knot + Big OU pokemon = Murder Spree!)

Ability: Natural Cure

Item: That Sludge Item that works as a leftovers.

Moveset:

- Return (It'll be a Venoshock one day...)

- Mega Drain (One day it'll be a Giga Drain)

- Grass Knot

- Dazzling Gleam

Shadow the Absol lv. 72 (Yes, it mega evolves. And it is my main sweeper. Just use a million PP ups on Sucker Punch, and BAM.)

Ability: Pressure (Turns to Magic Bounce when Mega Evolved)

Item: Absolite

Moveset:

- Sucker Punch

- Rock Tomb

- Swords Dance

- Night Slash

Bifrost the Auroros lv. 70 (Main tank and staller. Since it learned Earthquake, it became a monster.)

Ability: Refrigirate

Item: Dunno

Moveset:

- Avalanche (Soon, it's gonna be Freeze-Dry)

- Ice Beam

- Earthquake

- Return (Soon, it's gonna be Stone Edge)

And that's it.

• Brohoof 2

Anyway, my team. Ditched Lucario for a Noivern, best decision in the universe. Here's my team, moves in the spoiler.

Vernal the Noivern, lv. 54 (Still in the training level to be on par with my team)

Moveset:

- Acrobatics

- Dragon Pulse

- Super Fang

- Whirlwind

Moveset:

- Psychic

- Light Screen

- Flamethrower

- Mystical Fire

Moveset:

- Moonblast

- Draining Kiss

- Shadow Ball

Fluttershy the Roserade lv. 71 (Has really bad defense, only 98. But it's special attack is godly (212, I have no idea how it got that high) , and that + Grass Knot + Big OU pokemon = Murder Spree!)

Moveset:

- Grass Knot

- Dazzling Gleam

Shadow the Absol lv. 72 (Yes, it mega evolves. And it is my main sweeper. Just use a million PP ups on Sucker Punch, and BAM.)

Moveset:

- Sucker Punch

- Rock Tomb

- Swords Dance

- Night Slash

Bifrost the Auroros lv. 70 (Main tank and staller. Since it learned Earthquake, it became a monster.)

Moveset:

- Ice Beam

- Earthquake

And that's it.

My. That's a mighty fine team you got there. I've got some good advice for you though. You could give your Noivern a Flying Gem if it has Acrobatics because it would power up the move EVEN more. Once Flying Gem has been used, Acrobatics would be at 110 Base power and Noivern would do massive damage to opponents! Take note that the item can only be used once in a Pokémon battle.

• Brohoof 2

Moveset:

- Acrobatics

- Dragon Pulse

- Super Fang

- Whirlwind

Moveset:

- Psychic

- Light Screen

- Flamethrower

- Mystical Fire

Moveset:

- Moonblast

- Draining Kiss

- Shadow Ball

Moveset:

- Grass Knot

- Dazzling Gleam

Moveset:

- Sucker Punch

- Rock Tomb

- Swords Dance

- Night Slash

Moveset:

- Ice Beam

- Earthquake

And that's it.

You can re-teach Aurorus the Freeze-Dry move if you have a heart scale. As for sylveon, that's not bad, but you may wanna come up having wish as your healing because draining Kiss has a power of 50 and won't heal much. My Friend told me to get a Calm Mind, but you may wanna come up with a Type Coverage such as having Psyshock to defend against poison types and Shadow Ball to ignore Steel Types.

I can also add you in to access your Friend Safari if you want me to. In fact, I don't know what's in my Friend Safari either. Still, it's great to have as many friends as possible around here. smile.png

I'm gonna need your Friend Code in order for me to find out what pokemon you have also in order to process further on the friend safari, Both of us have to be online in the game. I posted my Friend Code on the pokemon X and Y FC thread.

• Brohoof 1

Is there any more updates on the Pokemon bank Feature? I'm itching to battle people with my other properly trained pokemon but they are all in my Black Version. I'm sick and tiered of battling the same pokemon in every team: Blazikens, Delphoxes, tyrantrums, and all the common pokemon people will use.

• Brohoof 1

I have a lot of Pokemon that I've been breeding, and I'm willing to give anyone a newly hatched Pokemon if they ask me:

-Gible with Outrage (Hasty)

-Eevee with Wish (Timid)

-Ralts (Timid/Modest)

-Froakie with Protean (Timid)

-Torchic with Speed Boost (Jolly)

-Hawlucha (Adamant)

-Klefki (Bold)

No Pokemon were inbred in the making of these eggs. I lied.

Man I need to start breeding for IVs...

I may be looking for these following specific Friend Safaris and pokemon if anyone here has them.

I don't think this is gonna be easy for me to find all of these. I may be looking for more pokemon to use.

I have a friend in real life with the exact Psychic Safari you are looking for, so I'll ask him for permission to get you his friend code, and him your friend code. Never mind. It DOES have an Abra, but kinda got in a fight with him the other day. It's gonna be a while until I'm fine with talking with him again. 

Moveset:

- Acrobatics

- Dragon Pulse

- Super Fang

- Whirlwind

Moveset:

- Moonblast

- Draining Kiss

- Shadow Ball

And that's it.

Freaking Noivern. I got my face wrecked by a friend, because he spammed Air Slash, and my Pokemon flinched EVERY TIME.

Anyways, Sylveon totally deserves Psyshock over Swift. You can also switch things around and get Wish, Calm Mind, Baton Pass... But it really depends on how you want your Sylveon to work. Offensively, your's will be pretty solid after changing out Swift. 

Edited by Espurr
  • Brohoof 1

I'm gonna need your Friend Code in order for me to find out what pokemon you have also in order to process further on the friend safari, Both of us have to be online in the game. I posted my Friend Code on the pokemon X and Y FC thread.

Hey there. Just to let you know that I've put my Friend Code in the thread. I hope you will have a great find at what Pokémon there is on my Friend Safari.

• Brohoof 2

I'm still new to the 3DS (been playing on the original grey fat brick DS for 9 years) I have had people tell me they dded my friend code, but when I got the [: ) ] <--- that happy orange block face in the main menu, it doesn't show that I have anew friend on the list. Is there like an area where I have to accept the request?

Edited by PonyBoy15
  • Brohoof 1

I'm still new to the 3DS (been playing on the original grey fat brick DS for 9 years) I have had people tell me they dded my friend code, but when I got the [: ) ] <--- that happy orange block face in the main menu, it doesn't show that I have anew friend on the list. Is there like an area where I have to accept the request?

Well You have to add us in order for to get full information including your Friend Safari also not to mention that you have to be online for it too so we can find out which pokemon you have in your Friend Safari. If We haven't added you to our 3DS Friend Roster yet, you have to wait till We Add you or look in the Pokemon X/Y FC Thread for our Friend Codes so you can add us. To Register us on your 3DS friend code, you just click on the orange face icon on your 3DS home menu and then select Register Friend and then select Internet and then Put in the person's 3DS friend code. Name Doesn't matter because The Friend Roster gets updated when both you and that person are online.

• Brohoof 1

Well that's nice of you to offer, but I'm unable to be online on my 3DS very often atm though, so the process might be a bit cumbersome on my end. I have seen at least a few people online here that might know what my safari is though, it's not really like I have to know though. :lol:

Anyway... another Pokémon I've raised lately is Dragalge. Something I've noticed when fighting people with it is that some just don't seem to know what type it is exactly, and with its pre-evo having been Poison/Water plus learning Hydro Pump, which makes it quite deliciously trollish against some opponents. Because it can confuse some with its awesome typing though, I'd say it's easily my favorite Dragon type of this gen, can't wait until they release it with Adaptability but Poison Point works fine for it for now, amazing Pokémon. :D

250px-691Dragalge.png

Almost wish I got Y to get it sooner but that's what GTS is for. ;)

• Brohoof 1

Actually you Can PM me (or post here) your Friend code and then I'll Tell you what type you have in your Safari. If I were to get more info out of your Safari, both of us have to be online in order to take effect. You could try to get online for a short time and then cut-off the connection if that works so that way I can go through the pokemon you have in your Safari and then Tell you what pokemon you have and then spread to those that need the pokemon from your Safari.

I'm not even getting that much further in Finding some Friend Safaris I'm looking for because obviously I'm not getting that much responses lately. I think that a few people in the pokemon X/Y FC thread have added me, but I don't think I've added them back or took me out of their 3DS Friend Roster. Judging from what I know, People are demanding for Ditto from the Friend Safari which is on High Demand of course, but I don't like to be relying on GTS if the pokemon I'm looking for doesn't have the hidden ability, That's why I prefer catching them in the Friend Safari.

Actually you Can PM me (or post here) your Friend code and then I'll Tell you what type you have in your Safari. If I were to get more info out of your Safari, both of us have to be online in order to take effect. You could try to get online for a short time and then cut-off the connection if that works so that way I can go through the pokemon you have in your Safari and then Tell you what pokemon you have and then spread to those that need the pokemon from your Safari. I'm not even getting that much further in Finding some Friend Safaris I'm looking for because obviously I'm not getting that much responses lately. I think that a few people in the pokemon X/Y FC thread have added me, but I don't think I've added them back or took me out of their 3DS Friend Roster. Judging from what I know, People are demanding for Ditto from the Friend Safari which is on High Demand of course, but I don't like to be relying on GTS if the pokemon I'm looking for doesn't have the hidden ability, That's why I prefer catching them in the Friend Safari.

Oh okay, my FC is 4554-1397-3995(Bryce) if you really waant to add me, pretty sure I saw yours in the other thread so I'll try and get around to adding you sometime soon. ;)

As for using GTS to find Pokémon with hidden abilities, I've had good luck with that personally even with my limited access, it helps a lot that you can filter it so that only people asking for Pokémon you have appear now.

Edited by SBB64
  • Brohoof 1

I'm going to be taking a bit of a short break until I can transfer my old guys to the new gen. I have some stuff in my black 2 version that can really help me in terms of IV training since that seems to have become a big deal... Until then, I'm going to be preparing designs for an awesome team. I already have a few great ideas based on some youtube video's I've seen. (Mega Mawile is incredible)

Goodra by default is on that team too. It has sort of become my new favourite... derpy_emoticon2.png

On a side note, I would love to register some of you on my friend list if you'd like. I rarely extend this, but my code is 1676 - 3680 - 0060 and I've been told that I have a bug friend safari. Just PM me with your code, and I'll certainly add you too :)

• Brohoof 2

Oh okay, my FC is 4554-1397-3995(Bryce) if you really waant to add me, pretty sure I saw yours in the other thread so I'll try and get around to adding you sometime soon. wink.png As for using GTS to find Pokémon with hidden abilities, I've had good luck with that personally even with my limited access, it helps a lot that you can filter it so that only people asking for Pokémon you have appear now.

I added you on my Friend Roster. I just hope you got something that I'm looking for. There's not many people making any responses, but I just don't know where else to look up at other than GTS. If I were to use GTS, then I have to test my luck.

I'm going to be taking a bit of a short break until I can transfer my old guys to the new gen. I have some stuff in my black 2 version that can really help me in terms of IV training since that seems to have become a big deal... Until then, I'm going to be preparing designs for an awesome team. I already have a few great ideas based on some youtube video's I've seen. (Mega Mawile is incredible)

Goodra by default is on that team too. It has sort of become my new favourite... derpy_emoticon2.png

On a side note, I would love to register some of you on my friend list if you'd like. I rarely extend this, but my code is 1676 - 3680 - 0060 and I've been told that I have a bug friend safari. Just PM me with your code, and I'll certainly add you too smile.png

I could identify the pokemon you got in your Friend Safari unless someone else already told you what you have in your Friend Safari because obviously I'm still looking for Specific Friend Safaris and high demands are on Ditto right now, but I'm not one of those people that are picky on Ditto. If you wanna know which Friend Safaris and the pokemon, I'm looking for these following things.

Help would be much appreciated.

I could identify the pokemon you got in your Friend Safari unless someone else already told you what you have in your Friend Safari because obviously I'm still looking for Specific Friend Safaris and high demands are on Ditto right now, but I'm not one of those people that are picky on Ditto. If you wanna know which Friend Safaris and the pokemon, I'm looking for these following things.

Help would be much appreciated.

Yeah, pretty much everyone is looking for Dittos. Quite surprising how important IVs have become this generation, it was sort of something I neglected in prior generations. Sadly though, I haven't run into any of those things you're looking for...

As for my safari, all I know is that I supposedly have Heracross in it. At least that's something, the other ones in the bug safari are rather... bland / useless if I may say so... I mean, fear the prankster volbeat, ooooh! dry.png

Edited by Celtore

Freeze Dry now makes Gyarados and Kingdra my bitches. Its a shame I can't rub it in the bitch Clair's face. I hated her thoroughly for all the hell she made me endure.

My team at the moment: 

Pinsir: Lv. 39

Clawitzer: Lv.40

Gloom: Lv. 47

Gengar: Lv. 44

Charizard: Lv. 44

Delphox: Lv. 45

Gloom's finally learned all the moves I wanted it to know. And now I'm faced with the difficult decision: Bellossom or Vileplume? I have no idea.

And I'm not sure I'm happy with the team, TBH. I want to switch Gengar out. I know I'm having problems with flying pokemon in general - with killing them, not with being weak to them. So I need to mix it up, although I'm not sure how. I also really want a steel-type pokemon, so Gloom isn't stuck dealing with fairies all by himself. 

At the moment, I'm stuck between swapping Pinsir out for Scizor, or getting a Heliolisk, Magneton, or Lairon. And if I pick Scizor, who will I replace Gengar with? Heliolisk? Slurpluff? What do you guys think?

Edited by Dez

If you wanna save a slot for both flying and hatching eggs, I may suggest adding Talonflame to your Team to save that room. The only pokemon I had on my team was Delphox, Gogoat, Talonflame, Sylveon, and Aurorus at that point where you are.

I'm willing to give away some Friend Safari Dittos if you guys need them. Just look in pokemon X/Y thread for my Friend Code and give me PM if you need these dittos. Just as a Warning that IV Stats are varies.

Goodra by default is on that team too. It has sort of become my new favourite... img-1995744-1-derpy_emoticon2.png

On a side note, I would love to register some of you on my friend list if you'd like. I rarely extend this, but my code is 1676 - 3680 - 0060 and I've been told that I have a bug friend safari. Just PM me with your code, and I'll certainly add you too smile.png

I'll add you and whoever else, if anybody wants to add me then heres my friendcode.

0576-4624-8886

Ingame and 3ds name is zygen, but i don't think that particularly matters really.

Feel free to add me, just send me your FC back so i can add you back!

• Brohoof 1

Currently (in)breeding MANY Espurrs. I WILL get that shiny.

I really don't know what shinies I want after it, though. I began liking shiny hunting, and have been trying lots recently.

I was thinking for my Shiny Competitive Pokemon: Aegislash, Ampharos, Carbink, Scizor, Alakazam, and an Eeveelution shiny team.

Then I was gonna get an Espurr and Vivilion for my girlfriend, a shiny for my best friend, then attempt to soft reset for a shiny Zygarde or something fancy like that.

Dunno, any Pokemon you guys think I should consider for a shiny Pokemon?

I REALLY like how shiny Carbink looks.

Currently (in)breeding MANY Espurrs. I WILL get that shiny.

I really don't know what shinies I want after it, though. I began liking shiny hunting, and have been trying lots recently.

I was thinking for my Shiny Competitive Pokemon: Aegislash, Ampharos, Carbink, Scizor, Alakazam, and an Eeveelution shiny team.

Then I was gonna get an Espurr and Vivilion for my girlfriend, a shiny for my best friend, then attempt to soft reset for a shiny Zygarde or something fancy like that.

Dunno, any Pokemon you guys think I should consider for a shiny Pokemon?

I REALLY like how shiny Carbink looks.

I personally think shiny Metagross looks pretty cool, at least in previous generations (haven't seen one in X yet).

Also, considering normal shiny Charizard's colors, I would be very interested to see what shiny Mega Charizard X looks like. Don't know if you actually have X, but if you do then that would be interesting.