Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Pokemon X and Y Discussion Thread

BrainyBrony

I'd just like to throw this random thing in that I'm doing.

So, i've been taking Spanish 2 this semester, and i've actually wanted to do this for a while, but I figured it a good time now that I know some stuff to try this.

So basically, what I did was, I restarted my Pokemon X, but I set the language to Spanish.

So i'm trying to play through the game in Spanish, while reading and understanding the dialogue and stuff.

It took me quite a lot of time and brainpower just to get outside my house, which is where I currently am, while it's difficult, it's fun in a way. Although idk if all the translations are 100% accurate, but regardless.

Plus, I feel like it's a good way to study Spanish. So I thought, why not? 

I haven't made a ton of progress though, i'll have to start spending some more time with it.

I have allowed myself to use a translator, but I try to atleast make some sense of the dialogue before using it for clarification.

Also, i don't really remember most of the dialogue anyways since I haven't played X and Y in a while, so I can't just be like "Oh I know this says this"

So yeah, just thought i'd throw out the fact that I started doing it, whether I stay dedicated to doing it. or how far I get idk, whether or not it helps my Spanish or not either i'm not really sure, but I would imagine it has to help  in some way.

It's interesting regardless. But tiring.. ;p

Generation I does indeed have the weakest postgame, and I've been playing the Pokémon games since 1999. Catch Mewtwo, and you're finished with the postgame. Sure, X & Y has very little to do in the postgame (Maison, dex filling, a couple side missions) but it's definitely not the weakest. I'm still on the hunt for Pokédex filling, which I'm in no rush to finish.

I've still yet to finish my Pokedex in my Y ;p.

Just finished the game (yay)

My team comp is Clawitzer, Chesnaught, Gardevoir, Charizard, Tyrantrum and Lucario.

After that, I grabbed the Gardevoirite and the Ralts she gave is Modest....

Well, there goes my Gardevoir.

TIme to hit the Battle Chateau.

• Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...

I don't know if anyone mentioned this yet, but there is a GameStop thing going on. They have/had cards with a code to get a shiny Gengar with his Megastone until 10/26.

Also, because it's the month of Halloween / Nightmare Night, you can get a Pumpkaboo over Mystery Gift via Internet.

Sauce and info. :muffins:

So I just picked up this game again after like a month of not playing... My god I missed this game!

Right now I'm actually trying to catch every pokemon, so if anyone who has Pokemon X (or a froakie they don't need) is willing to help me out, I'd really appreciate it.

So, I've been able to finish a lot of milestone here.

-Become Grand Duchess (I name my female character Serena, since it's the girls name in the anime)

-Get every possible Mega Stone and equip them on all possible pokemon that can be got without trade.

I wish Pokemon ORAS could give a worthwhile post game playthrough, like Pokemon Platinum.

I'm getting lazy on this whole "Catch them all" thing...

I suppose I need some order to this or I'm never gonna get anything done. If I don't have an order my mind is gonna be like, "get that one! Ooh wait, get that one instead. Oh wait, maybe you should get that one."