Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Sonic the Hedgehog

Twi Rubix

Btw, I'm for SonAmy as much as I am for SonSally.

SonAmy and SonSally are the only relationships in the series that make sense... although the rougexknuckles (not sure what abbreviation to use) one makes a bit of sense.

Well I'm all for fan pairings, whether they make sense or not, but I just mentioned those two since they are the most argued of any of them.

I'm equal for both of them. But if I find any good fanart of any pairing, no matter how nonsensical, I love it.

I never got to play the old Sonic games, I did love playing the Sonic Advance 2 (I also had 3, but 3 was bad in comparison). I played Sonic Heroes on the XBox and while it was nice it focussed more on action rather then running really fast.

Sonic Generations is a great game in that respect, I love playing it.

Sonic's a really good character since playing the Dreamcast's Sonic Adventure, and played Sonic Generations from my 21st b'day last February,a nd it was all right, the classic levels from the Genesis to the seventh-gen console was really unique, in my opinion. :)

Urgh, I don't think I'll ever be able to beat Sonic Unleashed on my PS3. It's ridiculously hard and tedious to find enough medals to get to the next level. I need to get into the Adabat Day stage and I need at least 10 more Sun Medals and I can't seem to find any no matter how many times I go through the levels, even ones that should have a ton of medals unfound. >_<

I've already beaten it on Wii but I wanna beat it on 360 too to see if the final boss is as different as they say it is from the Wii version.

• 3 weeks later...

In short, Sonic the Hedgehog is on my top 10 list of favorite video game series. I don't think it ever had any flawed eras, and it and an amazing start. Ah, the good ol' 16-bit console wars of the 90's...I wasn't around then, but I can tell the big N and Sega were really duking it out. Super Mario World vs. Sonic the Hedgehog 1. Tough bet, it started a series, while an already-popular series just got a makeover.

I'm an all around Sonic fan, meaning I don't think there were any "best eras", and I think ever single one had their pros and cons. I grew up with Sonic along with my regular childhood, the early-to-mid 2000s. One of the relics of my childhood is the Sonic Advance series (the Game Boy Advance Sonic trilogy). Mostly Sonic Advance 2, but yeah. Before I knew about the early sidescrollers, those 3 really kept me busy.

Now, I don't think I have the urge to write my opinion on EVERY game, but I find the Modern Era (2006-present) to be very interesting. Firstly, Sonic 06, the Sonic game that everyone seems to hate. Maybe I'm biased, but that game isn't TERRIBLE, or bad, in my opinion. *gasp* In all honesty, I think the Sonic series simply wasn't ready for the 7th generation, as it had seemingly outdated graphics, shading, textures, etc. The gameplay engine really makes me think of it as an advanced version of the Sonic Adventure engine. Not a bad thing, the controls were a bit clunky, and the graphics were iffy at SOME parts, but overal, I think at the time it was neccesary to call it THE modern 3D Sonic game.

Now, Sonic Generations, *phew*, I can't even describe how awesome that game is. It is what it is, a combination of all the great Sonic games of the past, into one epic game. It basically sets the future, it's just an epic game hat changed the series as a whole in terms of awesomenss. IMO, any game, movie, etc. that contains interactions and references to the past in the right way qualities as "epic" in my book.

Yeah, just decided to pick the games to review out of a grab bag, don't think anyone wants me to review ALL of them. That, and I'm starting to wonder about my lecture-sized posts. 0.0 But anyways, let's hope the series stays as epic, 21-years strong! /)

Looking at a major Sonic fan here. I'm an admin of a Sonic forum myself actually, and have been for a few years. Sonic's awesum <3

In short, Sonic the Hedgehog is on my top 10 list of favorite video game series. I don't think it ever had any flawed eras, and it and an amazing start. Ah, the good ol' 16-bit console wars of the 90's...I wasn't around then, but I can tell the big N and Sega were really duking it out. Super Mario World vs. Sonic the Hedgehog 1. Tough bet, it started a series, while an already-popular series just got a makeover.

I'm an all around Sonic fan, meaning I don't think there were any "best eras", and I think ever single one had their pros and cons. I grew up with Sonic along with my regular childhood, the early-to-mid 2000s. One of the relics of my childhood is the Sonic Advance series (the Game Boy Advance Sonic trilogy). Mostly Sonic Advance 2, but yeah. Before I knew about the early sidescrollers, those 3 really kept me busy.

Now, I don't think I have the urge to write my opinion on EVERY game, but I find the Modern Era (2006-present) to be very interesting. Firstly, Sonic 06, the Sonic game that everyone seems to hate. Maybe I'm biased, but that game isn't TERRIBLE, or bad, in my opinion. *gasp* In all honesty, I think the Sonic series simply wasn't ready for the 7th generation, as it had seemingly outdated graphics, shading, textures, etc. The gameplay engine really makes me think of it as an advanced version of the Sonic Adventure engine. Not a bad thing, the controls were a bit clunky, and the graphics were iffy at SOME parts, but overal, I think at the time it was neccesary to call it THE modern 3D Sonic game.

Now, Sonic Generations, *phew*, I can't even describe how awesome that game is. It is what it is, a combination of all the great Sonic games of the past, into one epic game. It basically sets the future, it's just an epic game hat changed the series as a whole in terms of awesomenss. IMO, any game, movie, etc. that contains interactions and references to the past in the right way qualities as "epic" in my book.

Yeah, just decided to pick the games to review out of a grab bag, don't think anyone wants me to review ALL of them. That, and I'm starting to wonder about my lecture-sized posts. 0.0 But anyways, let's hope the series stays as epic, 21-years strong! /)

For the most part I agree about Sonic 06 but the problem with it was mostly because of the glitchiness. It's impossible to deny the game had serious hit detection issues (particularly in the mach speed sections) and horrible mid-air controls. The loading times, for the most part, didn't bother me so much except during the missions.

And whether people want to admit it or not Sonic 06 was technically the ever-wanted "Sonic Adventure 3"

It was formatted exactly the same as the first Sonic Adventure, played relatively the same as well. People always say "Give us Sonic Adventure 3" but until SA3 actually comes out (Which it likely never will) Sonic 06 is the SA3 of the series and the last Adventure style game we will likely ever have. The next big Sonic game that comes out will either use the same engine and format as Unleashed-Generations or they will have a total redesign like the rumor said (I think Twi Rubix posted the rumor that was going around the Sonic sites about there being a total redesign coming)

• Brohoof 1

For the most part I agree about Sonic 06 but the problem with it was mostly because of the glitchiness. It's impossible to deny the game had serious hit detection issues (particularly in the mach speed sections) and horrible mid-air controls. The loading times, for the most part, didn't bother me so much except during the missions.

And whether people want to admit it or not Sonic 06 was technically the ever-wanted "Sonic Adventure 3"

It was formatted exactly the same as the first Sonic Adventure, played relatively the same as well. People always say "Give us Sonic Adventure 3" but until SA3 actually comes out (Which it likely never will) Sonic 06 is the SA3 of the series and the last Adventure style game we will likely ever have. The next big Sonic game that comes out will either use the same engine and format as Unleashed-Generations or they will have a total redesign like the rumor said (I think Twi Rubix posted the rumor that was going around the Sonic sites about there being a total redesign coming)

True, I sorta like Sonic 06's engine, but the sad truth is that it wasn't met up to 7th Gen expectations. :(

But, I really do enjoy the brand new engine (called "Hedgehog Engine") they used for Unleashed and Generations, it's really fast-paced, and literally feels a Sonic game. Plus, the graphics are amazing. And the blir effect seen by objects going at high speeds, is awesome. Every single level in that game is beautifully remastered to perfection. The character animations are WAY more fluid than Sonic 06. It's mot as glitchy, though I have seen a few minor ones in Generations. The frame rate isn't 60 FPS, though, that's the only tiny little gripe I have about it, which really isn't that much.

I had a 6 hour fangasm the first time I played Generations. I've played every single stage in that game before the game came out so it was absolutely amazing seeing every level redone like that.

I love the Hedgehog Engine and really think they should stick with it for a few more games but if they change it I'll be okay with that too.

I love Sonic. Even the 'crappy' games.

I just hate the fandom...can't they just shut up? Personally, I get tired of running around and bashing into stuff.

But whenever Sonic tries to mix it up a bit (Werehogs, swords, time-shifts, upgrades) it's declared a "crappy" game.

Want to know a totally un-secret? I loved playing as the Werehog, even if it's the dumbest name ever. Button-mashing is the greatest.

This!

I've been a fan of Sonic for a long as I remember. (I'm a Tails fan!) I could play just about any game with him in it!

• Brohoof 1

Most of his games from the past decade were complete garbage, but Sonic Colors and Generations were pretty great. I hope SEGA continues to not screw Sonic up, because in truth, although I'm a Nintendo fan, I prefer Sonic to Mario.

I loved every single sonic game, except maybe sonic '06 (honestly, it's like they're trying to make it glitch) and unleashed (just the night levels, they're plain silly).

I loved sonic 2 and adventure 2, mainly because the former was a cross between the simplicity of the first and the complexity of the third, while adventure 2 was simply the best 3D game of all in my opinion.

The first sonic game I ever played was Heroes, and ever since then in my heart there is only room for the Chaotix.

The only sonic game I really played so far is Sonic Colours for the Nintendo DS. And that turned out to be a bit of a rip off since I beat it within two hours. But I enjoyed it until then.