Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Sonic the Hedgehog

Twi Rubix

On 2022-06-08 at 8:12 PM, Clawdeen said:

Oh gosh I couldn't imagine seeing Chris brought back lol

Chris? As annoying as he can be, I wonder if he would be worse than Sarah from the Sonic OAV. XD

On 2022-06-08 at 8:12 PM, Clawdeen said:

Oh gosh I couldn't imagine seeing Chris brought back lol

Sonic Prime will deal with a multiverse plot, so I could say it’s possible…. If not where for his overall lack of popularity :dash:. And also, it appears Shannon Chan Lent will indeed voice Amy :squee:

• 4 weeks later...

I would have thought Sonic Origins being successful would have been a very easy thing for SEGA to do. Somehow, they managed to fail even that.

Though I will say, as someone who played the CD-ROM version of Sonic 3 & Knuckles, the songs for Carnival, Ice Cap and Launch Base zone in Sonic Origins sound normal to me, and the original songs from the SEGA Genesis version sound strange to me.

• Brohoof 1

34 minutes ago, Luna the Great of all the Russias said:

I would have thought Sonic Origins being successful would have been a very easy thing for SEGA to do. Somehow, they managed to fail even that.

Though I will say, as someone who played the CD-ROM version of Sonic 3 & Knuckles, the songs for Carnival, Ice Cap and Launch Base zone in Sonic Origins sound normal to me, and the original songs from the SEGA Genesis version sound strange to me.

Tell me more about how they failed Sonic Origins? I am just curious. I haven’t played it.

5 minutes ago, Splashee said:

Tell me more about how they failed Sonic Origins? I am just curious. I haven’t played it.

Among the points I remember, people have been reporting the prevalence of game bugs, performance issues and unfavorable DRM system. One of the development teams have made public statements about how they were not given enough time to make the game be in a sufficiently stable state. Also not helping SEGA's case is that they have removed the original listings for Sonic 1, Sonic 2, Sonic 3 & Knucles, and Sonic CD from Steam. Currently, the Steam page for Sonic Origins has a mixed rating.

1 hour ago, Luna the Great of all the Russias said:

Among the points I remember, people have been reporting the prevalence of game bugs, performance issues and unfavorable DRM system. One of the development teams have made public statements about how they were not given enough time to make the game be in a sufficiently stable state. Also not helping SEGA's case is that they have removed the original listings for Sonic 1, Sonic 2, Sonic 3 & Knucles, and Sonic CD from Steam. Currently, the Steam page for Sonic Origins has a mixed rating.

Oh no. That is the price for replacing classics with inaccurate games. I know this feeling well. Thank you for the information!

(edited)

It's been awhile.  I'm actually kind of surprised this hasn't been posted yet.  But yeah, here you go.

Edited by SBaby

On 2022-07-15 at 12:10 AM, Luna the Great of all the Russias said:

Sonic Origins has a mixed rating

Made me watch this:

Fans are indeed not being happy. Normally when you have fans working on Sonic, other fans would be happy, or at least supportable, so there must be another source of problems here.

8 hours ago, Splashee said:

Made me watch this:

Fans are indeed not being happy. Normally when you have fans working on Sonic, other fans would be happy, or at least supportable, so there must be another source of problems here.

People have pointed out that this is particularly bad since the Sonic movies have been fairly successful; this could have been an opportunity for SEGA to introduce the game series to a large new audience. Obviously, this is not helping. Hopefully Sonic Frontiers does well, though, from the last time I check, there are quite a bit of concerns with that game also.

• Brohoof 1

4 hours ago, Luna the Great of all the Russias said:

this could have been an opportunity for SEGA to introduce the game series to a large new audience

I feel like Sega has also changed. They were going good but that got greedy.

I noticed some bugs like the loops in Chemical Plant. Knowing how that level works, knowing what they tried to do to cut corners instead of coming up with a good solution, it is kinda sad. If you are remaking the original Sonic games, they need to only be better, never worse. Absolutely NEVER worse. It is an insult to us core fans.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Shadowmoth2011 said:

Heard of the failure of Origins...so much sadface.

As a major Sonic fan I'm trying to remain optimistic, but after SO MANY recent failures, even I'm beginning to lose hope...:(

Origins are really not going to get better. I have looked through most bugs myself, and there are faults within the entire game system. Sonic 3 & Knuckles might be the only one that could be fixed because it was worked on by a professional Sonic developer. Still, that would not fix that game. It will be forever remembered like Sonic 1 GBA.