Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

My first attempt at pony fan art!

Esp

Hey all,

Just thought I'd share some fan art I finished recently. The show's style is deceptively simple and I need to practice it a lot more! Please forgive my failed attempt at a background.

Posted Image

Thanks for looking, :)

• Brohoof 5

Pretty cool, though it'd be cool to see some art with the cutie marks in display to!

Its written on my to-do list! "draw more ponies," :D

• Brohoof 1

You mean you 'really' like her...mane?

But nice job Esp, definitely a good job for your first attempt. I sure didn't fair this well my first try. :)

Thank you, :)

I've been doodling for a few years now but if you want to draw something, don't let the time it takes to get good at it put you off!

Thank you, :)

I've been doodling for a few years now but if you want to draw something, don't let the time it takes to get good at it put you off!

Good tip, but I can't draw because I have the shakes and all my straight lines trun into squiggles, haha. So i just stick to digital art.

Good tip, but I can't draw because I have the shakes and all my straight lines trun into squiggles, haha. So i just stick to digital art.

No problem. I checked out your DA and I love your vectors! :)

Another try at the show's style, I think I captured it a lot better this time. :D

Posted Image

• Brohoof 1

For first tries this is unbelievably good! Let me give you a few tippers here. If you want it to look vectorized or from the show, try looking at some of these. If you have a duel screen computer then you can have them in one as you draw in the other. By the way, do you use a tablet? And if so, what program do you use? I've found Paint Tool SAI to be the best and most user friendly for drawing with tablets. If you want to keep practicing, try drawing over vectors (in other layers) of a different pony and with enough practice you'll start to get the hang of it!

For first tries this is unbelievably good! Let me give you a few tippers here. If you want it to look vectorized or from the show, try looking at some of these. If you have a duel screen computer then you can have them in one as you draw in the other. By the way, do you use a tablet? And if so, what program do you use? I've found Paint Tool SAI to be the best and most user friendly for drawing with tablets. If you want to keep practicing, try drawing over vectors (in other layers) of a different pony and with enough practice you'll start to get the hang of it!

I use a wacom bamboo tablet and paint tool sai.

I've been trying to avoid going for the full style of the show mostly because I'd rather have my own style inspired by the show rather then completely copying it.

Thanks for the tips, :)

I use a wacom bamboo tablet and paint tool sai.

I've been trying to avoid going for the full style of the show mostly because I'd rather have my own style inspired by the show rather then completely copying it.

Thanks for the tips, :)

Same Tablet and same program! I didn't know you were going for you own look, though. Nice job!