Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Rarity or Rainbow Dash? Who is best pony?

Forlong

217 users have voted

1. 1. Between the two of them, who is best pony?

• Rarity
    • Rainbow Dash

Rarity is very nice, gentle and generous lady. Yes I know she can be a b*tch per moments, it's rare, but I like her anyway. Rainbow dash is fun, but too cocky and sometimes obnoxious for my liking.

I love all of the Mane Six equally, but if I were to choose...I would say Rarity is best pony :D Her feminine attitude and the way she acts is adorable. Rainbow Dash, on the other hand, can be too turbulent at times, and sometimes a little immature, but that doesn't mean I dislike her in any way :dash:

Edited by Stormlight

• 1 year later...

100% Rainbow Dash! She is the best pony of all! she is beautiful, fast, awesome, and if it weren't for her, they wouldn't be friends and Equestria would be a disaster, as we saw in the time traveling episode with Starlight Glimmer.

• Brohoof 1

I don't know if I ever posted in this topic. Rarity is my favorite ... easily. RD is definitely an extremely deep character worthy of having strong dedicated fans though. I'm drawn to complex characters and these two absolutely fit the bill. 

• Brohoof 3

This is hard. Rarity has been consistently delightful since season 4, with only a few lesser episodes in recent years, and has her own degree of depth, but while Rainbow Dash is way more inconsistent, I honestly think she's by far the deepest character in the show. They've been tied for best pony pretty much ever since I gave up on Twilight, and I honestly cannot bring myself to pick between them. 

37 minutes ago, AlexanderThrond said:

This is hard. Rarity has been consistently delightful since season 4, with only a few lesser episodes in recent years, and has her own degree of depth, but while Rainbow Dash is way more inconsistent, I honestly think she's by far the deepest character in the show. They've been tied for best pony pretty much ever since I gave up on Twilight, and I honestly cannot bring myself to pick between them. 

I don't think ether is particularly deeper than the other, they both have plenty going on, but I think Rarity is the superior character for a simple reason, Rainbow is a type of character who's done well all the time. The Tomboyish, Sportsloving female Protagonist is one of the most common female protagonist. Rarity on the otherhand is an archetype who is usually made an antagonist for bullshit reasons. She's traditionally feminene, into dresses and and her looks and stuff... but she's ALSO an incredibly generous person (well pony) deeply comitted to her family, as brave and firece as any tomboyish character if she's in a situation where she needs to be. There's more I could go for but my point it Rarity is a MUCH more unique character than Rainbow or frankly anyone else in the cast.

• Brohoof 1

12 minutes ago, M'gann M'orzz said:

I don't think ether is particularly deeper than the other, they both have plenty going on, but I think Rarity is the superior character for a simple reason, Rainbow is a type of character who's done well all the time. The Tomboyish, Sportsloving female Protagonist is one of the most common female protagonist. Rarity on the otherhand is an archetype who is usually made an antagonist for bullshit reasons. She's traditionally feminene, into dresses and and her looks and stuff... but she's ALSO an incredibly generous person (well pony) deeply comitted to her family, as brave and firece as any tomboyish character if she's in a situation where she needs to be. There's more I could go for but my point it Rarity is a MUCH more unique character than Rainbow or frankly anyone else in the cast.

You could say seeing a character like Rarity is a rarity itself which I think is one of the reasons why I like her so much. 

Also I think this is one of the highlights of her character. Truly selfless and genuine care for her friends. Amazing

post-28950-0-44990000-1427558240.gif

RD. She's gotta be my fav of the mane six behind my number one choice of AJ. I never cared for rarity. I like her but... I could easily leave her. I just can't stand fashion and that's a big reason why...