Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Rarity or Rainbow Dash? Who is best pony?

Forlong

217 users have voted

1. 1. Between the two of them, who is best pony?

• Rarity
    • Rainbow Dash

Rarity, easily. She's my second favorite pony and I absolutely love her. :D  I feel like I can related more to a ladylike type of girl like her; rather than some action-packed character like Rainbow Dash. I do enjoy being able to relate to characters. 

Rainbow Dash is honestly my least favorite mane 6 character. 

• Brohoof 2

I like Rainbow a bit better at the moment then Rarity, but its a small amount, they're both great characters.

However neither of them are my favorite ponies, but I love all the mane 6 and find they all have interesting concepts about their character.

To everyone who votes Rarity:

polls_game_2536_604965_poll_xlarge.jpeg

To everyone:

Now if only it had a picture of Rainbow Dash in it.....

I am against both Rarity and Rainbow Dash, both have their things I dislike.... They hold the most things I dislike. however in contest in situations like this only 1 can win. I hate drama queens, and rarity is one of the largest drama queens I have seen so far!

• Brohoof 1

To everyone who votes Rarity:

img-1588686-1-polls_game_2536_604965_pol

To everyone:

Now if only it had a picture of Rainbow Dash in it.....

I am against both Rarity and Rainbow Dash, both have their things I dislike.... They hold the most things I dislike. however in contest in situations like this only 1 can win. I hate drama queens, and rarity is one of the largest drama queens I have seen so far!

Two things my good sir,

1. The Game, really what are you 12.

2. My favorite youtuber Bronycurious talks about why Rarity is "best horse" in his video: Why Suited For Success is the BEST MLP Episode. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQouXwHUHaI

• Brohoof 2

I chose Rarity because she has started to grow on me quite a bit and is currently third on my favorite pony list behind Fluttershy and Luna.When i first started watching MLP i didn't like Rarity to much but she slowly grew on me and i even realized im alot like her just a bit more shy towards new faces.Rainbow Dash gets fourth place just because i really cant identify with her well.....at all.

I think Rarity is better, if Pinkie wasn't here. I like her because she is a flawed pony that can be the most relate able aside from AJ.She's not self-centered as some may believe, she can be flirtatiou, but not self centered. She really does try giving. In the episode with Spike wanting things, when she asked for the ruby, she was trying to teach him generosity. In Suited for Success, she honestly tries being as generous, bbut at her own pain. In Green isn't youor color, she was thinking for Flutter shy, despite it hurting her. I know it doesn't paint a good picture of her in Sleepless in Pony ville, she's going back against Sweetie after she clearly used manipulation to get Rarity going. Or in Sister Hooves, she learns to put aside her tidy side to be with her sister. I feel she's a loyal, hard worker.

Rainbow Dash, for me, isn't that great. I really think she needs some flaws fixed, unlike Rarity who is not ignoring Sweetie's responses towards actions or AJ with Apple Bloom, in Sleepless in Pony ville, she doesn't notice Scootaloo's discomfort later lack of sleep like AJ seems to or Rarity to a point. Heck, her friends noticed faster. She still was oblivious through the whole episode. I know she was worried TO tell, but god, her signs of discomfort weren't invisible. In the end, she didn't worry about her, she screamed at her. Then she gets caring and gentle. RD strikes me as rather narcissistic to a degree but loyal and still shows she's not going to risk pony's lives. Until the new season, I can't judge her.

I was never a big fan of Rarity but compared to Rainbow Dash, Rarity is best pony. She is second to my Fluttershy. I like how Rarity can be cruel but nice and that makes her a great non generic character. Can't forget her beautiful mane and that accentwub.png  . Sisterhooves Social was my favorite episode revolving around her. She is second best ponederpy_emoticon1.png.

First of all, gotta appreciate all of the Rarity love here lately.  She is the best character in the show, and I'm glad others realize her gifts. 

Now my vote obviously goes to her.  She is IMO the most fleshed out and three dimensional character in the show.  Does she have major flaws? Yes.  Do they make her a bad character?  Not in the least.  If anything they add to who she is and make her more interesting.  For instance, she is vain and generous at the same time.  Which might not make much sense at first, but it works with her.  She wants the best for herself, but she also wants to help others appreciate the finer things in life too. 

She's also the most relateable pony in the show.  Now me, I have no concern about fashion or other "girly" interests.  But she is relateable in the sense that we can understand and really appreciate her passion, thanks largely to episodes like Suited for Success.  This is something that she takes very seriously, much like I would approach my interest in computer programming, or others would approach art, music, or whatever it is they love doing most. 

Rarity is way too self-centered for me. Besides, she's the stereotypical girly girl, and I just can't stand that. Rainbow, on the other hand, is adventurous and down to earth. That's my kind of woman.

Rainbow Dash, the pony who always talks about how awesome she is, isn't self centered....?

While i do like her, to be honest she shows as much greed as she does generosity. She manipulated Spike into giving her his birthday present. She didnt want to come to her best friends brithday because she could hang out with the upper class ponies and drink wine and when she paid spike for taking care of opel she gave him a 1mm gem even tho he helps her get most of her gems so yeaaah...

Let's be fair, that tiny gem bought the CMC an industrial strength hair dryer.  .  And if you had to choose between fulfilling your life's dream and attending your friends' birthday party, wouldn't you be a bit torn too?

• Brohoof 1

Let's be fair, that tiny gem bought the CMC an industrial strength hair dryer.  .  And if you had to choose between fulfilling your life's dream and attending your friends' birthday party, wouldn't you be a bit torn too?

Well after that episode im not really sure how the "money system" works in Equestria i mean Rarity gets over a 100 gems tripple the size of that one every week, with that logic she should be a milioner :D It wasn't the first or last high class party she got invited to. Theres no doubt Fancy Pants would invite her to the party next week or after that and she already spent a lot of time with them. Not to mention she wouldn't even be there if it wasn't for Twilight and then she ditches her on her birthday. Don't get me wrong i like Rarity the fact that shes not perfect and has flaws makes her all the more interesting to me but you have to admit that she does dickish things some times.

(edited)

Well if it wasn't for Rainbow Dash's sonic rainboom none of the mane six would've had their cute marks

Regardless this small fact I think Rainbow Dash wins due to her character being developed throughout the series. She gets to teach a lesson instead of learning one in Wonderbolt Academy, and that is awesome.

Also she has the best episode ever "May the best pet win"

Edited by Dark Moonlight

(edited)

Tough call. Rarity. I like them all, generally speaking, so it is very hard to order them, but Rarity's just super cute in her own way. Before I even was a fan of the show, I fell in love with her voice.

Edited by Nagisa Misumi
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

RARITY IS TWO VOTES AHEAD OF DASH HAHA  

Close race, people. 

(Rarity is the best because of her colors and her accent and the dresses she makes img-1590562-1-biggrin.png )

Rarity is way too self-centered for me. Besides, she's the stereotypical girly girl, and I just can't stand that. Rainbow, on the other hand, is adventurous and down to earth. That's my kind of woman.

img-1590562-2-tumblr_lublzogZ2r1qmcduqo1

You call someone who made dresses for all of her friends FOR FREE WITHOUT BEING PROMPTED OR ASKED self-centered.

YOU CALL SOMEONE WHO HAD FUCKING DOGS BIGGER THAN HER THAT COULD PROBABLY KILL HER WRAPPED AROUND HER HOOF WITHOUT THEM KNOWING IT A 'STEREOTYPICAL GIRLY GIRL' 

On the second matter, RAINBOW DASH IS NOT DOWN TO EARTH. She boasts all the time about how awesome she is. Need I remind you of 'Mysterious Mare Do Well'? Her boasting got so out of hand that her friends INCLUDING Rarity made up a superhero to knock her down a few pegs. While Rarity may not visibly give generosity like a faucet, she's much more than meets the eye.

If you want an adventurous, 'down-to-earth' pony, choose Applejack.

Edited by Vodka_Mutini
  • Brohoof 2

C'mon, we all know this is no real competiton here.

We all know who's real best pony.

post-10736-0-97340300-1372109028_thumb.jpg

My little Blob :3

She will make this face if you should think anything otherwise:

post-10736-0-01583000-1372109088_thumb.jpg

Clearly Rainbow Dash. I love Rarity as a character, but nopony can top Rainbow Dash in my mind. She has the most interesting character act aside from Twilight's, she's got the coolest visual design, and the Sonic Rainboom.

Rarity's dresses cannot compare to the Sonic motherbucking Rainboom!

Really? I woulda thought Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy or even Twilight would get "best pony" treatment before Rarity did. Yes she's annoying, she can be selfish, and she can come off as a snob. Well guess what? So is Rainbow Dash well over half of the time.

Rainbow Dash may be the poster pony of the show, but Rarity for me is a more sophisticated and entertaining character. Not to mention Rarity already had a sister to care for and is the original official shipper of MLP: FIM with Spike. 

Sure there's something good to be said about action, special effects, punchlines and gags, but such cheap tricks are fleeting and superficial at best. Go ask Michael Bay.

rarity_is_delighted_by_the_crystal_ponie

Rarity's not just bling, fashion and some feminine stereotype. She's deeply sophisticated, in a mature romance, a high class madam choosing to aspire within a pedestrian setting, and much much more. 

Oh and I don't consider Rarity as my "best pony," but she's higher on my list than some would credit her for.

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

Rarity has the best balance of good and bad characteristics. She has the most amazing voice actress ever. She is a very fleshed out character compared to the small amount of screen time she's given. She's beautiful, and elegant, and an incredibly lovable character. She's cute and fabulous at the same time. Rarity is by far better.

My favorite pony is a tie between her and Fluttershy, by the way.

Edit: Another reason why she's amazing

Edited by Mellon Collie
  • Brohoof 3

Rainbow Dash Of course. are you high? can Rarity break the sound barrier? Hell No, Rainbow Dash  is the shit. shes always napping on clouds and fliying around leaving nothing but a rainbow streak through the sky.

1364614434169.jpg

I honestly love Rainbow Dash and Rarity equally. They're both great characters IMO and I really like their voice actresses too.

• Brohoof 1

Uh, not so sure about Rarity "topping out the charts", in fact I'm pretty sure she usually comes in last when people vote for best pony, which is a shame, because she's AMAZING!

Dash definitely tops the charts. It was a difficult decision, but I voted for Dash because I like her the tiniest bit better :)

Jesus Christ people, don't get your panties in a knot over something that's a complete and total opinion. It doesn't really matter what your reasoning is, because I don't like Rarity. She's at the bottom of my list of the mane 6, and there's nothing you can say or do to change that. Accept my opinion, ffs.

I think Rarity's personality is a lot more bearable than Rainbow Dashes. When Rainbow Dash personality is over the top, it comes off as arrogant and mean. When Rarity is over the top it's more comical and drama-queenish. I just like comical and drama-queeny more. 

Also after May the Best Pet Win, my opinion on Rainbow dash changed a lot. She was so hypocritical(imo) in that episode. She wanted a pet that was loyal, and yet had no problem abandoning, and being unfaithful to the animals that were trying to gain her friendship. Then she had the nerve to put that poor falcon down at the end, for leaving her in a race as though it was somehow the huge jerk in the episode.

That entire episode just left a sour taste in my mouth for Rainbow Dash(and this is coming from someone who liked the hated Mystery-Mare do Well). It sort of improved again though after Wonderbolts Academy, but not enough to dethrone Queen Rarity. 

I had to go with Rarity. RD is cool, sure, but I just have so much fun watching Rarity. She has some of the most/best character of the mane six, in my opinion. Plus she looks great with that curly mane. :3 Her snarkyness and snobbyness are just too good not to like; her performance in A Dog and Pony Show was so fun to watch. I really have to say bravo to Tabitha St. Germain for her amazing voice work, as well. :3

I think Rainbow dash is better because she kinda does more than Rarity to help the others. I think Rainbow deserves it  a little more than Rarity. Not that Rarity isn't cool.

I'm not entirely sure why, but definitely Rarity. She's consistently on par with Twilight and Fluttershy as a contender for "favorite pony," well ahead of Rainbow or Applejack (and particularly Pinkie Pie, who while I don't dislike her is not my favorite). This is interesting, because although Twilight and Fluttershy, especially Twilight, are quite like me in some ways, Rarity really isn't at all.

In any case, it's no contest with Rainbow; Rainbow is cool, but I just like Rarity better.

• Brohoof 1