Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The Awesome Community: Friendship is Magic

Comet Tail

Originally I was just gonna make a thread about how awesome the community is. After I felt like me and my posts were just annoying and awkward, and then realizing I got 3 friend requests today, I felt like

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFyaRULpagw

Then there was a thread about shipping. (You all know what I'm talking about http://mlpforums.com/public/style_emoticons/default/dry.png ) But I don't like it because so many ponies get left out, and there's this implied thing that the "Friend-zone" is a bad thing and devoid of love.

But I think we need to remember the show and community and everything is about friendshipping and how strong and full of love friendshipping can be. I mean, that's the whole message of the show and why a lotta bronies like it, right?

So who's with me?

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQY_BcuLfow&feature=related

Who wants to see this attitude IRL?

• Brohoof 4

I like this idea :)

Lol, yeah, there's not a whole bunch to say in reply to this. Yall' readin this can always post pictures or something.

I'm just in love with that second video right now. Just imagine if there was that kind of attitude in the world! Just the hope for something like that is a big motivation.

I'm thinking, the whole brony movement is bigger than I think anybody realizes. I have a cousin who knows a few, everyone knows a few. It's probably directly "herded" maybe 1 out of 50 people in the U.S. That's 4,000,000 people! If all 4,000,000 adopted an attitude like this, it would start an upwards social spiral. Okay, everyone wouldn't be singing, granted, but society as a whole would be much better off.

I mean, corruption, is a big problem, and every other problem in the world - all happens at a personal level, of a single individual giving up moral ideals for practical reward, like accepting "campaign contribution" bribes. If we spread a positive attitude, re-introduce some idealism that the world really can be a great place, great things could happen.

Whats wrong with shipping?

Clopfics are a little weird but what is wrong with regular shipping?

Nothing's wrong with shipping. But something is wrong with underappreciating friendshipping ;)

Although this doesn't help completely, at least I feel a little better... Still would be nice to have a special someone in my life though, but I guess that can wait for a little while longer... Although being sheltered at home with homeschooling didn't help that much...

You know - this is one of the reasons I love spaceflight so much. It just unites people, it's a great, grand, epic noble endeavour that everybody can enjoy together.

I mean, the effect of it on a social level is absolutely amazing! I've seen it! It's amazing!

Imagine this, a bunch of people on an airplane flight, it's been delayed for hours, it's late afternoon, everyone's tired, cranky, upset, probably they're all kinda annoyed and angry that they're more than an hour late. And then they see the space shuttle launch. Listen to their voices, note how total strangers are comfortable talking to eachother, and listen to what the flight attendent says, and how everyone responds, I mean, just listen!

They're all total strangers, but they're acting like friends!

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=GE_USPTmYXM

Edited by EASA - Dr. Braun

Although this doesn't help completely, at least I feel a little better... Still would be nice to have a special someone in my life though, but I guess that can wait for a little while longer... Although being sheltered at home with homeschooling didn't help that much...

Of course we all look forward to someday having that one special person to share our lives with - but there's no reason to be alone until that day ;)

-

I homeschooled for a long time, but I've always had a social circle of friends at my church. But some of the hardest times where entire weeks and weeks where I was just in the house with nobody but the occasional parent.

Of course it's kinda scary and hard to get out, but it's usually worth it. And there's always the workplace, eventually.

Edited by EASA - Dr. Braun