Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

what are warning points?

alicorns
Go to solution Solved by Hypereddie,

In short, if you break the rules or anger the management here, you'll receive a warning. Each warning has a point value assigned to it: get too many points and the moderators will eventually punish you.

Warning points do go down over time if you behave yourself.

(edited)

Its pretty much in the name, when you break the rules they you warning points and get banned (based on how bad the situation). Its to make sure the communities safe from trolls, spammers, and rule breakers of all kinds.

Edited by I Hate My Wings

If you do something that doesn't deserve a ban, you get warnings.

Usually the first time, it'll just be verbal. (Meaning you won't get any actual points.) The worse the offense, the more points you are issued. I'd recommend reading the FAQ the person above me posted.

For example, if you do something stupid, like post NSFW images, you get 800 points, which is the equivalent of a 7-day suspension/ban. 400 points is a 2-day ban, and 1000 points is a permanent ban.

Don't worry, minor infractions are only 15-25 points, and 25 points are removed each week.

Hope this helps.

(edited)

Its pretty much in the name, when you break the rules they you warning points and get banned (based on how bad the situation). Its to make sure the communities safe from trolls, spammers, and rule breakers of all kinds.

If you do something that doesn't deserve a ban, you get warnings.

Usually the first time, it'll just be verbal. (Meaning you won't get any actual points.) The worse the offense, the more points you are issued. I'd recommend reading the FAQ the person above me posted.

For example, if you do something stupid, like post NSFW images, you get 800 points, which is the equivalent of a 7-day suspension/ban. 400 points is a 2-day ban, and 1000 points is a permanent ban.

Don't worry, minor infractions are only 15-25 points, and 25 points are removed each week.

Hope this helps.

Pretty much this. When you break one of the global rules, a global moderator or an administrator may issue you with a warning.

Heres a quote from the FAQ:

By failing to abide by the forums global rules, a global moderator or administrator may issue you with a warning. Depending on the nature of the misconduct, a warning may simply be verbal, or punitive measures may be taken.

Warnings may also be accompanied by one or more warning points. These points serve as a quantitative record of past offences, and are visible only to members of staff, and the user themselves. The more severe an offence is, the higher the number of warning points issued.

Warnings must be acknowledged before a user can continue posting. For information on how to acknowledge warnings, please refer to this answer.

Edited by Hypereddie
  • Brohoof 1

Warning points are points you get if you break a rule on the website. A global moderator or admin will give you a warning. You get a certain amount of points depending on which rule you break. How the points work: http://mlpforums.com/page/faq/_/moderation/how-do-warning-points-work-r34

If you get 400 warning points it's a 2-day suspension from the website.

800 if 7-day

And 1000 is a permanent ban.

Every week you get 25 points taken off.

The warning points are to keep trolls and spammers away from this website.

I hope this helped!