Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Should there be an Equestria Girls show?

Forlong

I think it would better off to leave it as a movie. I don't think it would make any sense of continuing a movie into making it a show, unless the writers want to continue it. Besides, not a lot of people liked the movie. So, they might not like it if it was a show.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I wouldn't mind an Equestria Girls show since the characters are still the same personality wise so for me I think it would still have the charms of the original show. Though I don't think it will be as popular as FIM because FIM is awesome fantasy pony sitcom which has a new world feel. Equestria Girls may have jokes, but in the long run it may not last since I can't really see anything they can expand on. I believe they should just stick to this being a one-shot, and focus on MLP:FIM. This guy loves ponies more. Good movie, though. That's my honest opinion. : D

Edited by Pinkie Pie 3 U
  • Brohoof 1

img-1603110-1-no__9gag__by_hujikari-d51h

I couldn't really fathom what they could possibly show in a TV series what they didn't already do in the movie. There's close to no potential at all.

I accept your challege.  You say there is nothing more they can do with this, well here are some episode ideas I came up with.

Chain of Command

Captain Spitfire twists her ankle and has to choose a replacement captain for the soccer team.  And she needs to make her choice quickly, because a big game is coming.

Best Friends Forever

Sunset Shimmer has trouble adjusting, because some people are still rather cold towards her.  She finds out that the fouregn exchance student, Zecora, is going through similar problems.

The Great and Humble Trixie

Rianbow Dash finds out Fluttershy is a fan of the action anime "Iron Will" but is afraid to let anyone know it.  Trixie overhears Rainbow giving Fluttershy a pep talk on the matter and makes a joke about it to a friend.  The joke spreads like wildfire and Fluttershy is mocked as she feared she would be.  After realizing the damage she's done, Trixie does everything in her power to make ammends.

Spike's Adventure

Twilight is caught bringing her dog to school and gets detension, while her brother takes Spike home.  Spike has other plans, however.  Thinking his owner is in danger, he goes through town to find the school and "save" Twilight.

Triade

Rarity has a crush on Thunderlane and puts her full effort into finding out if he likes her.  Unfortunately, Thunderlane has a crush on Rainbow Dash.  Hurt and confussed, Rarity goes into a depression and Rainbow puts her full effort into helping her through it.

Street Smart, Book Dumb

After taking an IQ test, Pinkie manages to score 150.  A special counsler comes to see her, must to Twilight's chagrin.

The Only Thing We have to Fear

The school Holloween party goes awry when a strom knocks out the power.  Pinkie Pie finds herself trapped in the basement with younger students and must be brave for them, which is hard because she's afraid of the dark.

Float like a Fluttershy

A bully pushes Fluttershy to far and she decks him, HARD.  Surprised at her strength, the guidence counsler (in addition to giving her detention) advices that she try a competative sport to vent.  Rainbow Dash helps her train for boxing.  Hilarity ensues.

And that's just one guy.  I'm sure an entire team of proffessionals can come up with several more ideas.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

@@Forlong

Oh, I know that somebody could easily make up episode ideas for this spinoff if it did happen. The point is that it's nothing that I'd want to see, or at least without the ponies I already know and love. Those episode ideas are pretty decent. A bit redundant (as in some of these themes have already been covered), but with enough work done on them, I could see them as full fledged episodes. But if given the choice between seeing those stories told with some humans in a high school (even if they're carbon copies of characters I like) or with ponies in the established Equestria universe (another one of the reasons people love FiM), I'll go for the latter.

I personally didn't really think EQG was all that good. Not horrible, but definitely not good enough to warrant a TV series that would take resources away from the production of a show I already like.

Plus, any universe where Spike is relegated to dog form is not one I want to spend time in.

Edited by CITRUS KING46
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

I think the ending to the movie allows it to go either way - they could indeed make a show, or they could leave the movie as a stand-alone.

Personally, I would enjoy seeing an Equestria Girls show, but there are some things I would worry about: I wouldn't want it taking time and resources away from FiM, and I wouldn't want it to cause seasons of FiM to be postponed even further. When season 3 ended, I thought, "It's mid-February, we might see Season 4 as early as August!" and boyyy was I in for an unfortunate surprise when it was announced that Season 4 won't air until winter. And I do wonder if EQG is partially responsible for the long drought. I would also worry that the quality of FiM might go downhill with the staff working on two shows.

But, perfect-world scenario: We'd wait about 6 months between seasons of FiM, and get EQG in between. It would give us something new to look forward to while we waited for more pony, and I think there's a lot that could be explored in the human universe. And both EQG and FiM would continue to be amazing. Hey, a brony can dream...

Edited by Spring Storm
  • Brohoof 1

There totally should! It would be so much fun to watch Sunset Shimmer learn about friendship. With Twilight they rushed into it too fast. I'd like to watch Sunset overcome her personality flaws episode by episode. Snips and Snails could also use an attitude adjustment, but that's another story. I think honestly believe Hasbro could do wonderful things with this show and even make something semi-serious out of it. :)

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

There totally should! It would be so much fun to watch Sunset Shimmer learn about friendship. With Twilight they rushed into it too fast. I'd like to watch Sunset overcome her personality flaws episode by episode. Snips and Snails could also use an attitude adjustment, but that's another story. I think honestly believe Hasbro could do wonderful things with this show and even make something semi-serious out of it. smile.png

Yes! This! Bingo! tongue.png

I really enjoyed everything the movie had to offer, and Sunset Shimmer's defeat was definitely a highlight for me. It opened up a lot of new possibilities should Equestria Girls continue. I already want to see how the Humane Six will help her with friendship. Of course, the show wouldn't be all about Sunset, but perhaps she could be a major character along with the Mane Six. I think it could work out fine. The movie didn't leave any major loose ends, but it did leave some doors open for more.

And the movie taught me that no matter what Hasbro throws at DHX, they can turn any mediocre idea into pure gold. I'm actually anxious to see the characters in a modern world environment, just to freshen up the possibilities.

I would watch and support Equestria Girls, but the one condition has to be that Friendship is Magic stays the top priority. I would be fine if they could somehow balance two shows and maintain the quality. I'm not 100% sold that they could, but overall I'm optimistic and ready for whatever Hasbro and DHX have planned. They haven't failed yet. smile.png

And I have a strong feeling they'll want to expand on Equestria Girls. The movie has already proven successful. Because of popular demand, the movie is being played more often than it was supposed to. There are comics and chapter books based on EQG on the way as well. And if the toyline is successful, which I'm sure it will be, then that will be another good indicator that there's more to come.

Edited by Sugar Cube
  • Brohoof 1

I don't think that it could become a tv show.  The premise is very thin, there is no magic in the human world, and according to the movie, the portal between worlds only opens every 30 moons, so the two universes could not regularly interact with each other. 

Plus, I'm not a fan of the entire concept.

I loved the movie, but I think that's enough for me. As it's been said, it would anger Bronies even more. I don't think the team would want anymore death threats.

I'm good with fanfics, thank you. :P

After seeing the movie, and how great it was, I'm fine either way. I think they can pull off the show (it would be real fun to see) and even if they don't that'll be fine too, they can always create a second movie. :3

But I mean if they do create a show, they won't be able to include a lot...so in a way it would be kinda pointless....I think that maybe instead of making a show they could just create another movie or something. But honestly, I'm fine either way, I think they can pull it off if they did. But I really think it wouldn't go that far, I don't think they need a whole series to explain everything...so I mean I don't really think a TV show is all that necessary, so I mean I'm fine with just the movie as well. 

Yess! Yess! I want that so bad, but I want them to keep it straight and not shove Twi-Twi in there. I kinda just want Rarity, Pinkie, RD, AJ, Fluttershy and Sunset Shimmer in it. Oh and I want Flash Sentry to be one of those main characters that appear every once in a while to help out.

But then again, I think they would find a way to add Twilight and Spike because remember when Pinkie said that she knew a girl named Twilight who had a dog named Spike and they lived in another town? (Real subtle Hasbro/Hub, real subtle)

Yes. I also came up with some episode ideas on my own if it were a slice of life series. Some ideas come from other shows.

Bullying Alert

Sunset Shimmer is being made fun of because she turned into a demon at the fall formal. They put up posters saying things like "The Scariest Thing Ever" and "Spoiler alert: Sunset's a real demon!" and even dress up as her demon form to imitate her. Sunset Shimmer then meets the school counselor, who helps her overcome her problems.

An Out of This World Contest

The girls want to buy a present for Sunset Shimmer's birthday. Pinkie says that they think she'd like something from Miracle Mimi of the Candy Galaxy (It's sorta like Magical Princess Minky Momo mixed with Pretty Cure). They find a few interesting gifts, but what catches Rarity's attention is a poster for

a costume contest of the show which has a rare figure as a prize, and they secretly enter Sunset in the contest to dress as the main character, Miracle Mimi. Will she win the figure? [This has a similar plot to the Oriemo episode "There's No Way My Little Sister Can Cosplay Like This", but a few things are changed.]

Yes, We Have No Poisoned Apples

The girls are in the school play of Snow White, with Rarity playing Snow White and Sunset Shimmer playing the queen and the witch. However, Sunset Shimmer doesn't want to kill her friend because her contract states she cannot poison, kill, or hurt anyone. This upsets the girls, and they convince Sunset to not quit the play.  Will Sunset listen to her friends?

A Miracle Movie Experience

Sunset Shimmer wants to see the Miracle Mimi movie, because she is a fan of the show, and the movie is being mass marketed with toys, clothing, fast food premiums, and even books! 2 days before the movie's debut, Flash Sentury tells them about a contest on the radio to win movie tickets. Sunset assigns her friends with listening to the radio to win the tickets, but Sunset Shimmer falls asleep when the radio plays the Miracle Mimi theme song. It turns out Scarlet Ruby (a new antagonist character I made up, not sure on the design yet) won the tickets with her three friends because she called the wrong number. The girls then decide to wait 7 hours on line to see the movie in order to get good seats, but Scarlet Ruby and her friends show up! How will the girls get good seats now?  [This is based on the Angela Andoconda episode "Good Seats", which most people know as the short that played at the beginning of the Digimon movie, because an edited version was made.]

• Brohoof 1

In short: no.

It just wouldn't really tie in with the current plot. I suppose it could be done but I don't know how good it would be, or if I'd bother too watch it.

I personally liked the movie, but like everyone else said, I wouldn't want to see it as its own series. Could just be that i'm just so used to seeing them as ponies rather than humans. When I first saw the trailer I was like......wut? How do they go from ponies, to people blink.png

It was a good movie and all, but its better off keeping the show focused on the ponies instead.

• Brohoof 2

'Should' is a loaded question I'm going to avoid, but I will say I wouldn't mind if one was made. Watched the movie again today and I enjoyed it a fair bit more than I did the first time around.

I honestly wouldn't mind myself.  It would make for an interesting programming hour for the Hub; Friendship is Magic in the first half-hour and then Equestria Girls in the second half-hour.  Personally, I would prefer if EqG remains a one-shot, but I wouldn't object if they made more.

i dont think there should be a EG show because it wouldnt be the same the elements of harmony arnt there (but the magic of friendship is and yes they did say the was a twilight there then why wasnt she at school? so i think it just wouldnt be the same and yes there probably would be a bunch of funny stories but there wouldnt be anything about friendship because everyone is friends (unless sunset shimmer went evil again) so those are my thoughts (cant think of anything else)

(edited)

There isn't a Twilight in that universe. The only one we ever see is the one who crosses over...

Anyway, a show would just drain resources and quality from the main series. And the main series would in turn drain from the spinoff. So you'd have two shows ultimately inferior to the one.

Edited by Xanatos

Movie was great, but it was a one time thing. I don't think they'd have much success with a human version TV series of FiM, particularly because it would lose the touch that makes FiM unique from all the other shows- the fact that everyone's a pony!

• Brohoof 1

Even though, from what I've heard, the movie's fantastic, I can't see it as a show... especially since we don't know where Twilight's human counterpart is.

Besides, right after I heard about Equestria Girls, I had a dream about it becoming a show. It was a nightmare.

No.

The movie was good, yes I liked it, but the show of that would be really bad.

They couldn't even think of anything more to add to the movie, it was just some clips squished together making the movie short.

No.

I didn't hate the movie as much as I thought I would, but this...THING does deserve need a spinoff. That money could go toward a decent FiM movie. Hell, the only thing even keeping me from hating this is the fact that it's non canon.

• Brohoof 1